One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)

Go down 
+5
Frog Dragon
Eight Of Spades
nikz200
9thKing
Hysteria
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Hysteria

Hysteria

Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:48 pm

"We aren't gonna be able to reason with the marines, that's for sure..." Avis grumbled in response to Dontae's inquiry. "We'll have to take them out, every last one of 'em. Their ship should be a suitable substitute until we have a chance to get ours back. She held up her cuffed hands and pointed over to the room that Jamil had gotten into moments before.

"Those two might be able to help us for the time being, although I'm not entirely sure how much use they'll be. Killua's out cold and Dynar's off somewhere, so it looks like it'll just be us this time around. Try not to bloody yourselves up too much." A brief smile flashed across Avis' face, although it didn't appear to be incredibly assertive or confident. They were in for it this time, and she realized that, but they didn't have much of an option this time.

Seeing that Jamil and Zuzen had disappeared into the room without her already, she trotted over to the entrance and looked in. At first she was mildly impressed that Jamil was able to find their equipment room, but it disappeared the moment she saw Zuzen freed of his handcuffs. From what it sounded like, Jamil wasn't about to unlock hers any time soon.

"And why not?" Avis growled, failing to contain a particularly demanding snarl. "Scared I might retaliate, eh? Care to enlighten me, Zuzen? I'm dieing to know what I've done wrong this time." Eyes smoldering, she leaned on the door frame to the entrance of the room and tapped her foot impatiently. Until she got some answers and a ring of keys in her possession, she was intent on blocking their only exit.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:40 pm

Jamil seemed unimpressed, though it was hard to say what he really felt with that poker face of his... Who did he think he was, anyway? He hadn't seemed all that strong or anything! Was he just using the power he had now for his personal fun?!
Zuzen, at least, knew he wasn't. The guy was always like this, the only person he ever listened to was their captain, and he wasn't here right now.
He wasn't sure whether his comrade really wasn't afraid, or just acted it out perfectly. He wasn't even sure if Jamil was capable of feeling anything, beside pure sadism and loyalty....
But to make up for it, Zuzen was scared! He didn't want to be dragged into this! At all! it was like chosing between a hurricane and a being eaten alive. Or something like that.
He raised his now uncuffed hands defensively and quickly edge away from both of them.
"E-eh? Me? I don't know! I don't know anything! J-just ignore me please!"
To be exact, he was pretty sure what he had said earlier might just be true. Maybe Jamil really was jealous. He had sacrificed his girlfriend for his captain, and now he was afraid to be forgotten about because of this woman... Of course, this all would actually mean he was capable of feelings.
But he wouldn't have any part of it. The risk of having to go through pain was too high. A lot of pain.... And he had told Johan he was a coward! Maybe this woman didn't know, but... he had told his captain!
To his mild surprise, Jamil actually answered.
"So those handcuffs will slow you down so much that, even with capable, albeit brainless for the most part, fighters around you and all the weaponry this ship has to offer its soldiers, you cannot find any way to defend yourself?"
He crossed his arms over his chest and looked at her. Again, Zuzen noticed how his wrists were bleeding badly, staining his allready dirty as hell shirt even more (which'd possibly get him a nasty infection later on). Geez, just what had happened to that guys wrists?
Jamil narrowed his eye.
"I don't buy it."
Had that sounded like an underhanded compliment?
....Naaw, not from Jamil. That guy would go to great lenghts to make sure everything was hard to accomplish for poor miss Ridley... Though she seemed to be pretty capable... No, the adjective poor didn't really fit her, even now. Zuzen stayed quiet and acted like he was just sooo interested in that one sword right over there.
For a while, his partner stayed silent as well. Then, he broke off his glare. Defeat? No way! Or maybe it was? More like tactical retreat or something...
"But if you really think you can't handle it, I will unlock them. When you really can't go on without your powers anymore."
What was he, insane? They were in danger here, as well! Wouldn't it be better for all of them if miss Ridley could just use her powers? But nooo, he had to be all childish again. Or.. mature. Whatever.
Back to top Go down
9thKing

9thKing

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:12 pm

" Seems like you have a problem with helping I can only give you one suggestion I doubt she asked you to come here and help us you made that choice you can leave now and let me do my job as her crew member and protect her we have enough going on here without some kid acting up in our presence" Dontae never usually let things get to him but this kids attitude was getting on his nerve since they left the island. Dontae held his hand up and whistle and from down the hall he could here something bursting threw the walls of the ship until it came into view a large metal tiger came running down the hall and stop in front of Dontae and the others "seems like they didn't lock you up his big fellow" Dontae touched the tiger on his head and the back of the tiger open and each of it's sides and then Dontae's weapons popped out each of the opened compartments, he then picked up his weapons and put them in there sheaths " You ready to go Captain?"
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:17 pm

Jace stayed where he was. He slowly leaned his head back and sniffed the air.

“At last…they’re here…”

A second later, a group of five Marines ran into view, coming up behind Jace. They stopped when they saw him and reached for their guns. They weren’t quick enough. Jace turned on the spot and hurled himself into their midst, transforming in mid leap into his hybrid form. He let out a defeaning roar, which to the Marines sounded like an enraged beast, but Jace knew better. It was not anger, but pure joy.

Jace hit the front two Marines and sent them crashing to the floor with him landing on top of them. He punched one of the Marines, who stood behind the first two, with his claws pointing out towards the man’s chest. The claws tore through the man’s skin and pierced his heart, killing him instantly. Jace almost casually batted away another man with his other arm, crushing him against a wall and breaking at least two of his ribs before letting him fall. The last Marine standing only managed to take a single step back before Jace sprang on him, gripping the man’s neck in his jaws and snapping it with a single twist. Jace landed, crouching on all fours. He released the man, who he still held in his jaws, and returned to his human state. He grinned.

“More…”
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:09 pm

Although Jamil's lack of reaction initially irritated her, Avis eventually simmered down a level and raised an eyebrow with intrigue as he finished speaking. Was that a challenge, possibly? Whatever it was, it didn't leave her with much of a choice if she wanted to keep her dignity. Although she did have the others to back her up, the sea stone handcuffs would be a major disadvantage for her offensively.

Yeah, she could be able to defend herself for the most part, but would she be content sitting back while everyone else had all the fun? Not so much. Realizing the added time constraint as Jace began to make a ruckus in the hallway, Avis clenched her jaw as she considered her two options. Either way, they didn't have all that much time to spare.

"... Fine! I hope you're happy," she eventually grumbled with reluctance, briefly giving Jamil a sour glance. Even if she found his method to be underhanded, she'd show him one way or another. Avis then reached out to grab the hilt of the nearest cutlass and pulled it from its sheath before turning to Donate. "Let's go look for a way to get onto the deck while Jace cleans up down here."
Back to top Go down
9thKing

9thKing

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:08 pm

(Hysteria you want me to post or do you want to wait on Gore?)
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:14 pm

((I heard Gorefish had a few exams coming up, so if everyone else doesn't mind it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to wait a bit. One more day unless I hear otherwise?))
Back to top Go down
9thKing

9thKing

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:16 pm

(alright)
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 4:17 am

Jamil huffed. For some, very experienced people, it could have sounded like a sigh. But for everyone else, it sounded like he was being insolent again.
Zuzen was one of the people who had a bit of experience when it came to Jamil, and he couldn't really decide which one it was, but he decided to go with the sigh, because... because!
His comrade, now that he seemed to be done with the knives, picked out two swords and headed towards the door.
He knew how she was feeling. And how she thought he was an underhanded jerk. But that was completely okay, after all, even he knew it to be true. Just like Zuzen was a coward most of the time.... And not less underhanded, just hiding it better. What a team.
"You can follow me on deck, or you can go find your own way. Your choice."
What was this? Jamil was offering help without being beaten to it? Had he, perhaps, found a soft spot somewhere in his no doubt dark heart? Sympathy?
Zuzen shook his head in slight disbelief. Naah, that couldn't be it.

(Sorry, guys. There's more exams coming up next week, but I have some time right now.)
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 3:52 pm

For a moment, Jace stiffened. He had detected Avis, Dontae, and the others and the beast inside him began to salivate. With a supreme act of will, Jace barely restrained from going back and attacking him. He forced the bear’s attention to the other Marines that were coming and he rushed forward, giving the creature no time to even think about his friends. Or the revolutionaries, for the matter. He hit the next Marines just as they were rounding a corner. It was a larger group than the first, but with no space to dodge, he made short work of them.
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:35 pm

((Apologies, I was waiting for someone else to post, who was waiting on me to go first... Yeah, that was my bad.))

Avis paused for a moment as Jamil said his proposition, taking a brief moment to ponder. Such a suggestion coming from his was unexpected; there just had to be a hitch, somewhere. Although it nearly sounded to good to be true, the stubborn part of her wanted them to take their separate paths, even if it wasn't necessarily the best option. She eventually folded under, giving a huff as she marched out the door and into the hallway.

"Let's attack in tandem; it'd be useless if we secured two paths, only to lose both because there's too many of them," she grunted, her tone of voice sour in the slightest. Turning the direction opposite of where Jace was, she silently waved to the others to follow, or in Jamil's case, to take the lead.
Back to top Go down
9thKing

9thKing

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 2:27 am

Dontae nodded at Avis and begin following her " Man what I wouldn't do for a Cig right now" he then begin licking his lips and looked back at his Tiger Cannon " Don't fire any weapons it to Dangerous here only melee attacks" the tiger looked at Dontae and nodded and continued follow him....
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:03 am

Jamil didn't seem to be up to talking to anyone anymore, almost as though he was completely lost in thought, but then, what would he be thinking about? Very weird for him, normally it barely took him a second to come up with ways to show others his disdain.
Heck, even Zuzen could have come up with some right now, if only it wasn't for him not really feeling any disdain right now. More like tension... Heknew he wasn't a good fighter. He had never been. The most progress he had made had been during the time spend with the revolutionaries, but the whole point of that was that they were a big group with some awesome people in it. He could always count on someone to have his back. Now that Jamil was leading them through the ship, he knew that everyone was basically on his own. No one would have his back, they'd be busy having their own... Damn, at this rate, he wondered if he'd make it out of here.
The wounds from the war were still hurting, the ones he had from the skirmish before hadn't even stopped bleeding yet, and his hands were shaky. If at least Jamil would unlock Avis handcuffs.... Then they'd have a devilfruit user. But his comrade was just so stubborn....

Suddenly, said comrade stopped.
For a while, he said nothing, then he pointe up ahead. Zuzen looked over his shoulder and jerked back. He wished he hadn't seen that.
"Looks like your bear friend came through here..."
Jamil stepped over the dead marine in front of him.
"Be careful not to slip."
His voice was awfully neutral about this. It would have been awful if it was happy, like it used to be when Jamil laid eyes on suffering, but this was just... weird.
"If we follow this path, we should reach the deck soon. Be on guard, there will be enemies from here on."
They had been incredibly lucky so far, and it struck Zuzen as odd there hadn't been any enemies so far. Or at least none he had seen.

(Feel free to move along with the story yourselves, I'm not taking the lead here, I don't even know what to do!)
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 5:39 pm

Jace sat on a pile of bodies, his bare chest heaving not from exertion, but the adrenaline rush. He was still in his hybrid form, but had long since removed his flak jacket for full fluidity of movement.

The massive bear-human looked up to see more Marines coming towards him. These ones saw the bodies and backed off with horrified expressions.

“Beat it,” Jace growled at them. They turned and ran from him. Once they were out of sight, Jace returned to his full human state. “That’s enough,” he said quietly with his normal voice. “No more death.” The bear grumbled in protest, but it slunk back into the corners of his mind. “Don’t worry,” Jace continued as he pulled himself to his feet. “I get it now. It’s not just you that wants to kill. Your power, my own, it’s all the same, isn’t it?” Jace smiled. “We’ll have to do this again sometime. But for now, we’re going to fight my way.”

Jace clenched his hands into fists and ran on. “There should be a way to the main deck around here somewhere,” he thought to himself. “I better get up there. The others might need me. Then again, they’ve got the captain and her devil fruit powers. I’m sure they’ll be fine…
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:28 am

((Hm... Anyone have any idea where 9th's at? I'll be posting tomorrow if I don't hear from him.))
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:41 am

((Good point... I suppose we just slay the head honcho and get rid of some marines. Although it'd probably be a little abrupt, let's take over the ship and start thinking about wrapping up this thread.))

"... And you're sure this is the right way?" Avis grumbled as she stepped over the heaped over marines, not convinced with the sentiments Jamil had said. Jace had been rather thorough, to say the least. There was the point of someone being beat up, but these marines were dead as door nails. She didn't show much of a care or apparent remorse of their loss. In her opinion, they brought it upon themselves. She and the others hadn't gone seeking out the marines, and they were the ones with the brilliant idea of tracking a group of pirates down without thinking of the consequences.

Meanwhile, the marines had finally begun to organize themselves above the deck. Their running was no longer as frantic as it once was, and they gathered together instead of sending any more troops than they already had down bellow. It didn't take long for them to realize how far that was getting them. Instead, they stationed themselves near the top of the staircases leading onto the deck. The captain himself was also stationed there, albeit a bit jumpy as he paced back and forth. Transporting the captured criminals was supposed to be the easy part. So much for that.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:24 pm

(Guess I'll just... do something?)

Zuzen had noticed his partner getting more grim the farther they had gone in this ship. He seemed to feel bad for offering his help. Maybe he viewed it as cheating? Helping in the test?
He couldn't tell, Jamils mind was a book with seven seals to him, and they wouldn't budge an inch, no matter the bromance or hate they shared.
But more importantly, they were about to meet enemies soon. That meant they'd fight. Would it be enough for him to just hide behind a barrel...? Johan was pretty accepting when it came to his cowardice. He preferred to call it survivalism, which was a nice way of putting it, he guessed.
"So, uh...."
He tried to cheer the others up a bit, but couldn't think of anything intelligent to say. He just knew the temperature between Jamil and miss Ridley kept dropping, and he took it as a bad sign, seeing as him and Jamil represented the revolutionaries, and Johan. Did his partner even think of that at all? How many problems this'd give Johan? Then again, maybe that was what he wanted.... He didn't seem to like miss Ridley, after all.
"We're going to.... fight? What do we do with them if we beat them?"
Jamil, who was walking in front of him, huffed.
"What do you think we'll do? Treat their wounds?"
Zuzen wanted to snap at him, but kept his mouth shut. He had tried to make their relationship better by talking to miss Ridley a bit, out of something like deep, stashed away loyalty to his captain maybe. Instead, he had become a way for his partner to blow off some steam. Which, if he thought about it, he always was. Seriously, that guy never seemed to be out of... hate for something. It was horrible. Like he was made of nothing but negativity. Not that Zuzen himself was much of a saint, but at least he didn't take every chance he had to hurt others in some way.
He gave his partner an angry look and shut up. Most likely, it was better to concentrate on the situation ahead, instead of working on relationships. He got his rifle ready, holding it in front of him with both hands.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 8:51 pm

Jace had found a staircase that led to the main deck and he was climbing up it. When he reached the top, he found himself facing a large group of Marines. Uncertain of what to do, especially now that he wasn’t a murderous maniac anymore, Jace just stood there. He figured it would be best if he dove in, fists swinging like usual, but he couldn’t seem to build up the incentive to do it.

“Um…” he began, lamely. “Yo…” Jace rolled his eyes. Yo? Who said ‘yo’ these days?”
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, in the city of Atlantis, James D. Cook sneezed.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Could you just…leave, please?” Jace asked. “I’m kinda tired and I don’t want to have to beat you all up right now.”
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:07 am

(Someone?...Anyone?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)   Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed) - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serious: The Dire Desperados Ch 3 - Time to Relax and Reload (Closed)
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12