One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Empty
PostSubject: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 10:23 pm

((Open to anyone. Jump in as you see fit.))

It was a calm day in the Grandline. This alone was an unusual fact, but made the day no less peaceful. Small waves broke against the hull of the Sea Slicer as it bounced up and down lightly with each push of water. The resulting spray never reaching over the side. The deck was dry and the day was slow. A few marines leaned over the side, simply watching the waves. These were obviously the men and women who joined the marines for the promise of action and adventure. Others, more aware of the truth of sea faring, were focused on odd jobs around the ship. Another marine stood at the helm, occasionally glancing at the eternal pose affixed to a special holder nearby. It would point the way to the next Marine base where they would exchange Eternal Poses and soon set out to the next location on their patrol. With the sun high in the air, it was obviously nearing lunch time.

Inside the ship, the air was alive with the sounds of the kitchen, working to prepare the crew's quickly approaching meal. Closer to the stern of the ship were the Captain's Quarters. Inside, Mara sat in a well adorned chair as she looked over reports. Regardless of the mid day heat, her attention was on only those papers. After the Great Pirate Age started, the reports of pirate activity multiplied exponentially. Knowing where they were active, what they were doing, and who was involved was a constant requirement. Also, Mara constantly hoped to hear more of her old friend. Behind her on the wall, was a wanted poster of a man. Unkempt hair, a narrow grin, and slanted eyes made him seem all to vile. Below the picture was the title Pirate "Shield" Jackson. Below the name was his value. 135,000 belli. Apparently low for a pirate captain on the Grandline.

As Mara continued to read, she moved the fingers on her left hand over the sword attached to her side.
Back to top Go down
ssj3gohan007

ssj3gohan007

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 10:13 am

While Mara was busy reading a wanted poster she didn't realize that there was a stowaway on board. That stowaway quietly entered the Captain's quarters without anyone especially the Captain noticing. Since Mara didn't realize that she had a guest, the stowaway was the first to speak, "Hello Captain Mara, I see your still obssessing over your old pirate friend?" Mara quickly turned around shocked first that some stranger was standing behind her and even more shocked that he knew about Jackson. She yelled, "Who are you!?! What are you doing on my ship!?! How did you know about-? Guards!!!" The sound of marines comming in the distance is heard. The Stranger looked directly Mara's eyes, "Are you frightened? My name is Max Kane but you can call me Red Beard, everyone else does. I know more about you and your past then you realize. However I disapprove with having any relations with Pirate Scum! My men have discovered the Pirate named Jackson at a nearby Island. I want you to arrest the filthy pirate, then we shall take him to Enies Lobby for his trial, hehehe"
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Enter Sano - Bureaucracy   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:48 pm

Before Mara could speak there was a flash of gray blowing past Kane’s ear, the bat weapon “Hayato” entered the room before Sano himself, he began, “Ah, I thought Hayato heard some sneaking around, Mr. Vice Admiral Max Kane, to what do we owe your…. Presence?” Kane explained with the same relish he used with Mara. Sano smiled, “Ah, the pirate Jackson. Look up files requisitioned by myself over a year ago and there is no doubt in my mind you will find that we have requested the off right of custody of the convicted for such a man as Jackson, He will be brought here and placed under our custody for ‘rehabilitation’ and not taken to his execution.” Hayato landed on his shoulder. “What right is this?!?!” blasted Kane, “It was first developed by the higher ups many years ago to create the royal Shichibukai and still exists today, not that Jackson would be joining their ranks, he would be rehabilitated as a navel officer like myself,” Sano replied cheerfully. “and if you wanted to stop us you would have had to fill out the proper paperwork six weeks ago, which I have checked and only to discover that you did not.” he finished.
“You don’t have the authority to…” started Kane “of course I don’t. It was the captain who signed all of the paperwork at my insistence over a year ago when I first learned of Jackson.” Said Sano quickly, “The man is far too dangerous to be kept alive!” said Kane. “You are correct. In this great age of pirates we cannot afford to be lenient.” began Sano “and who knows the world of piracy better than a former pirate undercover? That is why this right was given to us, and I’m sure our superiors will agree with me.” finished Sano. “This isn’t over…” replied Kane, defeated. Sano looked out to sea as a ship was fast approaching “looks like he’s here captain” he said.

Last edited by Admin-sama on Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 5:26 pm

((I really hate to say this after you've written as much as you have; but isn't controlling other people's characters God Modding?))
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 5:37 pm

only in a fight, there lines are a gray aria, if you have a problem with any of anyones lines we would have to change it if you asked us.....
Back to top Go down
ssj3gohan007

ssj3gohan007

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:18 pm

Admin-Sama is right, if you do not agree with your characters dialogue/reaction well then you can tell us how we can fix it to your satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:52 pm

The main problem I have is that I'm not going to have Jackson and Mara meet yet.
Back to top Go down
ssj3gohan007

ssj3gohan007

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 10:21 pm

Oh that can easily be fixed, for example, if Jackson leaves the island that he is on before Mara and crew arrive. Something like that.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 10:23 pm

that could work, it would pevent his exicution in future, the approching ship could say they lost him and Kane could leave with them in hot persute... is that allright with you Irrational?
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:58 pm

((Should work. And just as a heads up, I NEVER control other people's characters, which explains my previous posts.))

Mara was, needless to say, disturbed by the intrusion. "You should knock before entering someone's room. It's common courtesy." Pushing the documents on the desk aside, the captain continued. "If Jackson's presence here is enticing enough to warrant the two of you showing up, it must be a slow week for the government." Mara did not know herself that her old friend was here, but right now it didn't matter. Now that she knew his location, she would have to move against him to fulfill her duty as a Marine. "I trust we will move to attack him immediately then?"
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:07 am

Sano finished stairing down Kane as he left. "Aye" he said at last and exited to tell the men. Hayato folowed as the door closed.
Back to top Go down
ssj3gohan007

ssj3gohan007

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 9:33 am

Vice-Admiral Red Beard watched as Sano left the room. Now he and Captain Mara were alone. After a short period of silence Red Beard was the first to speak, "Yes we will arrest him, that is our highest priority as marines to never allow Pirates to go free. However your subordinate, Sano seems to think differently. He wants to turn him into a marine like us. I think its a waste of time, Once a pirate always a pirate. I don't trust any of those scum. I heard rumors but I would like to know for my self, Is Jackson very strong? I haven't had a good rumble in a while and I hope he won't go down to easily. Hehehe." Then Red Bearded one more thing, "If it were up to me, I would have Jackson publicly executed! That is why I will appeal to my superior, Marine Admiral Roy Alden. I will ask for a Golden Den-Den Mushi so i can initiate a Buster Call on Jackson's ship if he tries to escape."
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:21 am

The last comment caught Mara off guard. Surely he could not be serious. "A Buster Call for a single ship? That would be known as the single most wasteful use of military strength in this age." She trailed off for a moment before returning to the conversation. "And as for Jackson himself, he has made a name for himself to be sure, but his bounty is quite low. It bothers me that the Marines are putting so much effort into small fry now." Looking through her documents, Mara pulled out several wanted posters, each picture having a value well into the millions attached to it. "I don't get why you'd spend your time fishing for someone like Jackson when there are others out there, but no matter. He's here now so we have a job to do." Standing now, Mara saluted her superior and began to leave the room. Her head full of thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 2:33 pm

((It's not that Sano wants to make Jackson an navy officer, I was just trying to keep the storyline Irratinal had planed on track))
Back to top Go down
ssj3gohan007

ssj3gohan007

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 2:40 pm

((What do you mean? I assumed it was because of Sano's loyalty to Captain Mara, and since Mara had a close relationship with the Pirate. Sano would try to not let anything bad happen to said pirate. Or am I missing something?))
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 2:48 pm

((no you got it, it just sounded like you were saying something else before))
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 3:03 pm

((Mara herself WANTS to fight Jackson, but her duty as a Marine comes first. If they were to meet, they would probably end up clashing. But I thought due to the blunder, we were going to allow this situation to resolve without them meeting. Therefore...))

On the opposite side of the island, hidden from view of the Marine ships, lay another vessel. A ship that by itself could not be truly called magnificent, sported the flag of the untouchable Pirates. "Captain!" The cry came from the island, a man clad in ordinary clothes was running as fast as he could to the shore, breathing heavily. Hearing the outcry, another figure appeared, this time from the deck of the pirate ship. "Something up?" The man was leaning over the rail, looking down at the other, grin on his face, green jacket ruffling in the sea breeze.

The man had now reached the shore. Hands on his knees and bent forward, he uttered words between gasps for breath. "The Marines... are here... Captain Jackson!" The captain threw back his head and let out a gleeful laugh. "That's a bit of bad luck. Having them show up when we were relaxing a bit." Turning swiftly, Jackson walked to the center of the ship's deck, grin never leaving his face. "They have excellent timing though." Looking to his wrist, the captain examined his Log Pose. "It seems we are prepared." Now shouting, the captain continued talking. "Raise the anchor and lower the sails! With those Marines on the other side of the island, we'll be gone before they see us!" Letting out a quieter chuckle, Captain Jackson took a new position at the Cerulean Wake's bow. The rattle of chains accompanied the rising anchor. Along with that sound, the harmony of wind hitting the sails filled the captain's ears.
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:54 pm

((If you guys want to chase after Jackson, that is acceptable. Mara however will not be involved. Her current duty is to be on patrol and if you go after him, she has no reason to divert course.))
Back to top Go down
ssj3gohan007

ssj3gohan007

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:59 pm

((You have a point but my character will not chase after him though, he will stay on board Mara's ship))
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:04 pm

((but then why no posts?))
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:05 pm

((Sano is on mara's crew and thus can't go after him, and he is not in the story at the moment))
Back to top Go down
ssj3gohan007

ssj3gohan007

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:10 pm

((What do you mean not in the story, he already made an appearance))
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:12 pm

((then he exited))
Back to top Go down
ssj3gohan007

ssj3gohan007

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:12 pm

((Well by that logic so did Mara))
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:17 pm

((I just made him show up so he could leave...Anywho...))

Leaving the captain's quarters Mara arrived on the deck and addressed Sano rather bluntly. "Earlier, when you mentioned papers issued to keep Jackson alive; who signed those?" Her expression was quite grim as she waited for a response. The sound of waves could easily be heard on the sides of the small marine ship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol   Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serious: Marine Business, chapter 1 - routine patrol
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next