One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
GoreFish

GoreFish

Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Empty
PostSubject: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:08 am

The sun was shining in this town, that, even though it's gates were open, made no secret of its thoughts about the world by having build a large wall around it, big enough to defend it against anything that was uner shichibukai level.
How Miyu had gotten in? Well, not the usual way, that was for sure... To be exact, her and Seppy had sneaked in, her clinging to his back while he, athletic person that he was, climbed up the wall.
Inside, the town looked frightenly normal... There were rich people, and there were beggars, and then there were those in between, all enjoying the nice weather while they did what they were here for: For most of them, it was shopping.
It was the week of the year in which people from all over the world came here to sell exotic dresses, rare foods, animals the likes of which those townspeople had never seen.
Still, Miyu was nervous she would stick out somehow... People from all over the world also meant more security, there were marine soldiers watching the people with mild interest from the corners. Big things like this were also bound to attract some bounty hunters, and Miyu found herself wondering if Theo would be here... The thought made her shiver. She did not want to meet that man again. Ever.
She hadn't even come to this town, if it hadn't been for their supplies running out two days ago...

Back to top Go down
Eight Of Spades

Eight Of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:43 am

Henry was on his routine shopping which happened on every island that the liner stopped on for the usual two or three days. The bartender was sent out to buy supplies all for the bar that he served his clients on the liner. The last tourists on the liner were a real tough challenge for the young bartender who had to work more than usual just to satisfy their needs. The tourists seemed to have been having a habit and experience in drinking and partying and more than half of the alcohol supplies were gone just for a few days.

And that was a lot of alcohol!

The party animals had broken lots of glasses too but it wasn't his business to buy them though he was the one who wrote how much glasses were broken and what type were they. Some other seaman was doing that job now while Henry was focused on finding a decent alcohol store and try and bargain for the price even though it wasn't his money he was paying with, the captain told him if he could bargain a price he would let Henry keep the rest of the money.

Lansbury wasn't going just to buy some cheap fake drinks for a few cash and wouldn't even bother wasting his energy on bargaining with someone though he'd give it a shot.
Henry kept on his strolling on the streets of this big town ,which was full of security, with his usual blue hawaii shirt and his own blue-white boxing shorts while black sun glasses covered his eyes.

The bartender's attention was taken by a flashy alcohol store which was neatly decorated with lots of barrels outside and the whole shape of the shop was a huge barrel. He heard a giggle behind him and he turned his head to see what was going and saw two girls in bikini passing through while keeping their eyes on Henry.
Lansbury focused back on his current job and entered the store while his list of alcohol to buy was in his mind.

Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 2:19 pm

"Ahhhhh...what a nice town!" Avery Crusher made his way down the main street of the town. Lawrence, his bloodhound, stuck close to his side. He watched the crowds with barely contained excitement. Avery noticed his dog's interest in their surroundings and he leaned down to pet him on the head. "We're not on the ship now," Avery said. "You can run around if you want to." Lawrence looked up at his master and licked his hand. Avery sighed. "I'd love to know what goes on in that thick head of yours," Avery commented. "You could always go live with someone else." Avery heard someone laughing behind him and he turned around to see a tall man standing there at the entrance of a weapon shop.

"It doesn't look like he's going anywhere, boy," the man said. "I don't know a whole lot about animals, but I can tell that dog adores you."

"Yeah?" Avery looked back around at Lawrence. "Actually I don't know much about dogs myself. I just got this guy a few days ago." Avery stood back up to his full height and went over to the man, holding out his hand. "My name is Avery," he said.

"Nice to meet you Avery," the man replied. "They call me Leon." He didn't take Avery's hand, to the younger man's surprise, but when Avery looked at his hand he noticed why. It was still wet from where Lawrence had licked it.

"Oh...sorry!" Avery switched hands. Smiling slightly, Leon shook his hand.
Back to top Go down
Newspeak

Newspeak

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:56 am

Seppy had left Miyu's side almost as soon as he'd gotten her over the wall. He knew she was worried, and that worried him, but his gut told me there was currently no danger to either of them. Telling her that he was certain of as much, he had dashed off on his own. His animal side needed to do certain things. It required that he dash around and chase rodents in alleys. It demanded that he scratch some poor shmoe's lawn furniture to shreds.

It demanded that he lay, alone, in the sun on the roof.

Staring at one passing cloud after another, Seppy tried his best to identify them all. He found, oddly, that they all seemed to share a uniform theme.

"That one looks like Mew..." Seppy observed. "An' that one...looks like Mew's smoke," he noticed. "An' that one...it looks like...a room fulla Mew's smoke leekin' out!"

Seppy frowned a bit. He'd always loved cloud-gazing, and he'd always found all variety of things to liken them to. When had all the clouds become his new partner? The ex-hunter couldn't be sure, but he found his lack of imagination disheartening. Giving the air a sniff, he reassured himself that he could find Miyu if something happened. He then paused and wondered when he'd started worrying about that so much.

Stretching out, having decided to call his sun-bathing quits for now, he decided to hunt down his partner and find them someplace to eat. The takings they'd made on Yoren and his crew were still fairly plentiful, so he'd take her someplace nice. Subconsciously, Seppy's thoughts drifted to fish and his mouth began to water. He was interrupted by a seagull landing on his head.

--------

"Ey, Mew!" Seppy dropped off the rooftop directly next to the young, kind-hearted pirate. He thrust a letter into her face, happily, smiling like a little kid. "'S from ma Mei, y'know...th'nice lady from th'costume store."

Dear Young Pirates,

I hope you're still doing well. This year's Zenith Masquerade was quite a stir, with marines combing the island for you two. We were all happy to know you'd gotten away safely - yes, even little Jules. That upstart noble family was in such an uproar trying to find you. I hope you do stay clear of them. Please come visit us once the heat's died down a bit.

Strange young man with the purple fur: we've found a suit that'd look just dashing on you. It's yours if you ever come pick it up.

Beautiful young girl in white: that dress has a sister, sewn by my first apprentice. It took my some time to dig it out of it's chest, but I'll swear it was made for you, somehow!

Looking forward to seeing you both again some day.

With Love,
Mei, Jules, and Becca
Ma Mei's Fitting

"We gotta go back there, sometime," Seppy stated, nodding sagely. Drawing back the letter and stuffing it into his vest, he remembered that there was something else he'd wanted to do.

"Lunch!" Seppy announced, remembering his plan. "C'mon, Mew, I kin smell this really grea' place from here!"
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/One_Piece_RP/index/
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:42 am

"We will get back there someday, promise! Just as soon as its safe"
How did Seppy always manage to make her day when he appeared? She was really lucky, she thought, to have someone like him by her side.
"I wonder who they meant by "upstarting noble family"... We didn't meet any nobles, right?"
Not that she could remember. They had met lots of people, but they were either civilians or bounty hunters... Well, she could worry about that later.
"We'll have time to think about that later! Let's go to that place, I'm hungry!"
Back to top Go down
Eight Of Spades

Eight Of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 7:36 am

((OOC: I guess there is nothing bad with me moving to where you guys are going to eat right ? Btw Newspeak, how do you look ? Are you a human or a cat because at your char profile it was said you are IQ modified human and at the crew page you showed a pic of a cat xD Please clarify me.))

Henry had made the list and a few machos-sailors from the ship soon arrived and started taking box by box carefully from the pile of boxes that Henry and the shopkeeper had taken out from the shop. The sailors were going to put the boxes in the storage room while Lansbury ordered to drop two boxes at his bar and that he would deal with them later when he prepared his bar which was in the party zone of the ship.

Lansbury hoped this time the weather would stay warm so they can party outside at night because Henry preferred the clean air over the air inside the party room which was used if the weather was not good. The bartender felt slightly hungry when he had stopped putting the boxes outside for the sailors to move and the sudden smell of fresh cooking made his mouth wet.

"I will be back later, I am hungry. " He stated as he left the shop and counting the remainder of the money which he'd use some of them to pay for the food.
Lansbury's noticing eyes saw that many people were heading to that direction. Was it some sort of a speciality of this island that everyone liked to try or simply the smell tempted anyone.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:46 am

Avery waved to Leon as he left the shop. He had gotten to meet Leon's family. They had weird names. Avery couldn't really remember what they were. Leon's wife's name started with an R...but that was all Avery could remember. Leon had given him a map of the town as well as some suggestions of where to go and visit. Avery was examining the map when he heard a growl from Lawrence.

"Hey boy," Avery looked over at him. "What's up?" A grin appeared on Avery's face. Lawrence had a focused look on his face, one that Avery recognized. "Cat. Let's go Larry!" The dog barked and ran on ahead. Chuckling softly, Avery ran after him.

((Trivia question: Who can guess what Leon's wife's name is? Hint: gamers might know the answer.))
Back to top Go down
Newspeak

Newspeak

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 11:19 pm

((Sorry for the confusion, spades. The cat I linked is what Seppy got his animal genes from; he's actually a human with a little purple fur on his upper arms and back, as well as those neat tentacles, some claws and fangs. He doesn't have a tail, and he sometimes acts cat-like, but that's the extent of his modification. Pardon if I was unclear.))

Mind filled with all sorts of different things, Seppy had a hard time focusing on the task at hand. Like a hyperactive child he'd continually forget his task, stopping to stare into store windows or watch actual children engage in their own (perfectly justified) shenanigans. The smell kept calling him, though, and eventually he found what he his quarry: a small takoyaki stand run by an extremely large man with muscles that made Seppy look near as young as he behaved.

"Good afternoon! What can I get for you two?" The man had a deep voice, robust and full of happiness. He had the look of a hard-working man who wanted for nothing.

Doing his best not to drool in public, Seppy pointed a clawed finger at the rows of small, fried balls arranged on sticks over the steam tray.

"A lot, please." The old man laughed and nodded, loading up a tray with enough of the snacks to feed several full-sized adults. Throwing a look at Miyu, he nodded once more.

"And you, miss?"
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 2:42 am

"Uhm.."
Miyu looked at the tray. Then at Seppy. Then she smiled. This was just something seppy would do. Travelling with him, she had started to get used to him doing strange things.
"A lot less than that. A normal portion would be enough for me."
Seppy seemed to be so active today. She almost felt like she was out with a puppy which had to stop at every single thing it found interesting. All of a sudden, she had the deep desire to try and pet his head like a dogs... But surpressed it. It would certainly add to the weirdness... Plus, Seppy was a cat, he could find it offensive.
Back to top Go down
Eight Of Spades

Eight Of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 9:08 am

The smell's source was finally located by Henry. It was a takoyaki bar and it was only normal for such great smell to linger from the takoyaki bars but for some reason it was more tempting than the others. Lansbury denied the suggestion they might be "spiced" with some illegal ingredients and went to the bar where he found only a few seats left.

There were sitting typical people until his eyes met a young girl and a man with a vest with probably lot more than usual and lot thicker than usual hair on his arms and he seemed somehow...primitive.
Henry kept his sight on the man for quite a while until he realised it was weird and rude to stare at people. The bartender put his sun glasses on his head revealing his blue-green eyes while taking a seat next to the young girl as the other seats were just been taken.

The cook was a big and wide man who you didn't want to take head on, it was somehow ironical how such a brute man was working in such a precise and elegant work such as the cooking and he was cooking great.
The big man approached Henry and proposed him the food he had.
Lansbury pointed at a delicious-looking meal and signalled with his fingers that he did not want much and also ordered a bottle of sake and a bottle of lemon juice.

While waiting for his food he glanced at the two weirdos next to him and watched the animal-like man that had ordered tons of food. Those two sure were weird as Henry now was able to notice the fact the girl had no shoes at all. Her hair was cut short and Lansbury just deduced those two were some homeless people and took his eyes of them and focused them on the meal getting prepared infront of him.
Back to top Go down
Newspeak

Newspeak

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 2:23 pm

In spite of his feral demeanor and oddly large portion size, Seppy actually ate as if he had some degree of domestication to him; more like a child than an animal. One by one he stripped the skewers of the tiny fried treats, stopping only occasionally to pour a bit more sauce across the remaining sticks. A short moment later Miyu was served, the man placing two skewers with five each before her. Moving on, the hearty chef served Lansbury and several other costumers.

In the middle of eating, Seppy noticed that he was getting a stare from the fellow sitting close by Miyu at the series of benches and tables that had been set up for use by the customers of the various stalls, carts, and booths selling food in the area. Finishing off his second to last stick, Seppy gently shook Miyu's shoulder to get her attention and pointed to the weirdo at her side.

"That guy's been lookin' at us," Seppy stated plainly, not really caring if "that guy" heard. "In my experience as a bounny hunner, I always looked at people 'fore I chased 'em down." Stuffing the last five takoyaki into his mouth, Seppy leaned halfway across the table to face Lansbury, eyes to shades.

"Camf yu humf ush anoffer day?" Seppy requested, mouth still full. Swallowing, smiled a bit and pulled out a small stack of beli. "C'mon, I'll even buy yer lunch. Jus' back of this once, 'kay? We're havin' a good time..."
Back to top Go down
Eight Of Spades

Eight Of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 2:36 pm

Lansbury was peacefully eating his meal not bothered by the two strange people next to him and had already forgotten about the strange stuff he noticed on them. The big cook served the lemon juice and the sake bottle with two cups but Henry returned one of the cups as he did not needed it.
The bartender first off moved his dish away from him and took a sip from his sake and quickly knew all about it.

"South Blue." He said licking his lips and then turned towards the cook. "Is it not ? "
He then poured half of the glass with sake and the other half with lemon juice and took his wooden stick so he can start twirling the mixed liquid in his cup to distil it more.
The cocktail master drank the shot in one gulp and made a sour facial expression and shook his head.
It was the Wake-Up cocktail to refresh himself.

His whole skin shuddered and he attended to his meal pushing away the drinks.
Rudely the face of the weird man he had noticed before was infront of him and was munching food while saying something that at first Henry did not understand but after a few seconds he kind of built the sentence himself. Despite that Lansbury just rose an eyebrow.
"What?"
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 3:40 pm

Lawrence bounded down the street, sniffing around, searching for that cat scent. He found it just as Avery caught up and the dog was off again with a bark.

"Come on!" Avery called after him. "Slow down!" The dog ignored his master and ran up to a nearby food stand. Avery groaned and ran after him, spotting Lawrence staring at a man. Sure, the man looked...odd...but he wasn't a cat. "Larry!" Avery snapped. "Bad dog! When I call you then you come back to me right away!" Lawrence looked back at Avery and whined, giving Avery the most pathetic look he could muster. Avery sighed and patted him on the head. "Bonehead," he said. "You really know how to push my buttons, don't you?" Avery glanced up at the strange looking man and smiled. "Sorry about that," he said. "My dog usually does this sort of thing when he smells a cat." Avery shivered. "Horrible creatures. I can't stand cats."

((Yes, that's Seppy that Avery is talking too, just so you know.))
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:09 pm

"Aaahahaha...."
Miyu laughed nervously. Oh god, this was escalating way too fast...
On one side, there was that bounty hunter, and then there was someone telling a cat just how bad he thought cats really were. Who to handle first? After a quick look at Seppy, she quickly decided to go for option 2.5.
"I think they're kind of cute, really! Cats, I mean."
She did not have the feeling that she had control over this situation, so she tried to put on the smile that used to make the customer s melt, back when she was still a waitress. Still, it wasn't entirelly honest, so she doubted it'd have any effect, or even conceal her nervousness.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:38 pm

Her smile is totally fake, Avery thought. He glanced down at Lawrence, who was not only growling at the odd looking man, but his fur was standing on end and he was shaking. "What's wrong boy?" Avery asked the dog. He looked back at the man in front of him and frowned. What's going on? Avery wondered. Larry is...scared.
Back to top Go down
Newspeak

Newspeak

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 6:53 pm

"Wha...? Whadya mean wha'? I'm tellin' you, our bounnies are off limits t'day!" Before he'd had a chance to adequately explain why today was a bad day to spend hunting them, somebody else came up and started talking about how they don't like cats; a fine way to introduce one's self.

"Th'hell...?" Seppy asked, the 'hunter' already forgotten. "Whaddid I even...'s not even like 'm that much cat, maybe ten percen'...!" Seppy looked to Miyu for reassurance that he wasn't, indeed, a horrible creature. As always, she knew just how to pick his spirits right up; she'd already begun pointing out that she, personally, liked cats. The rookie pirate was confident that anything Miyu liked must actually be good, and felt much better as a result.

"See?" Seppy said, standing up and leaving payment for both lunches with the expectantly waiting chef. "Mew likes cats, an' she knows a lot more about stuff." Turning his gold-green, dilated-pupil eyes down at the dog, Seppy wondered why anyone would dislike cats. Oddly, the dog seemed to be facing off to the side of and behind where Seppy appeared to be standing, as if he knew all about the IQ-juiced pirate's displacement trick.

"Anyways, I don' like yer face," Seppy retorted, as wittily as he could. Normally, he let himself forget that he was an aberration, part animal as the result of the IQ experiments he'd undergone early in life. Somehow, being reminded of his differences, for good or ill, always set him on edge...made him self-conscious.

Instinct told Seppy that it'd be best to grab Miyu and split. However, proper decorum told him that people rarely enjoyed being dragged about anywhere, for any reason. Keeping this in mind, Seppy simply waited for Miyu to finish up her lunch, his backpack writhing impatiently all the while.
Back to top Go down
Eight Of Spades

Eight Of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 2:25 am

The man with the fur on his back had told him that their bounties were off limit today. Lansbury finally realized they thought that he was a bounty hunter and when Henry was about to start explaining that he was badly mistaken another weirdo showed up.

The whole situation became worse as the other man popped out of nowhere with a dog which was sniffing everything around. The man could rival the cook of the bar in height and strength.
The big man seemed to be trying to order his dog around unsuccessfully until the dog stopped in front of the man with the vest and started cowering.

...What the hell...Henry thought as he remained silent and idle while the big newcomer apologized to the man with the vest and the short-haired girl adding also that he disliked cats. Something about his last statement heated up the atmosphere but Lansbury did not know why, yet.
Out of nowhere the white-haired girl snapped and said her personal opinion about cats after she had laughed.

The dog kept on cowering in fear and barking at the same time. Henry simply thought there had to be something wrong with the man with the vest.
Finally the situation even got worse when the man that was sitting retaliated about the statement for cats and finally standing up he directly spoke in the big man's face that he did not like his face.

It was time for Henry to stop this needless fight that was going to happen according to Lansbury and the bartender stood up surprisingly fast and with one step he reached the man in the vest and put his hand in between him and the huge man without saying a word.

Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 6:36 am

Avery was standing there in shock with his mouth hanging open. He stumbled back as another man got in between him and the weirdo. Lawrence backed off with his master as Avery began to splutter, "M-m-my f-f-face?" he gulped. "I know I'm ugly!" he said turning away and putting his face in his hands. Lawrence glanced over at his master and then he leaned over and bit him on the leg. Avery whirled on his dog and tackled him, the two of them rolling around in the dirt. "Why...you...little...brat!" Avery growled.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 7:39 am

"Ah!"
Miyu jumped from her seat and ran towards the two rolling on the ground without really knowing what to do once she reached them.
"P-please, there's no reason for this!"
Was she trying to reason with a dog? A dog? She was sure it was a good, kindhearted dog, but still, it was unmistakably... a dog.
So she, instead of talking activated her powers and turned her arm into smoke, picking the dog up carefully and holding it up in the air, away from its master. She hadn't actually thougt about that attracting attention. Like, massive attention. Suddenly, everyone, even the people who hadn't been when the dog had started fighting, was staring.
"Nothing to see here! Please move on!"
Help always came from the most unexpected places... The marine soldiers, until now passing their time standing around, had come closer and were talking to the people. there were only two of them...
Slowly, the people moved on, some growning out of disappointment. One of the marines actually turned to Miyu without seeming to recognise her, judging from the freindly, even a little flirty smile on his face.
"Those are some nice abilities you have, miss. Ever considered using them for good?"
"I....uhm..."
this situation was so surreal... Miyu looked to the others, anyone, for help.

On a rooftop nearby, a girl was sitting, watching the whole mess whith a smug, but truly happy smile on her face.
"Jackpot! That's them!"
She jumped up, making the cat on her lap jump off hissing. Her pointed hat almost flew off, but she caught it in mid air.
"Just wait till Theo hears about this!"
She searched her pockets, and her smile cleared off her face.
"Where's... Didn't I..."
There weren't many pockets, considering she was wearing a skirt, and her purse was also quickly searched. A look of real shock mixed with disappointment appeared on her face while she let herself fall down to the ground again.
"I lost it... How am I going to contact him now?"
Back to top Go down
Newspeak

Newspeak

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 9:42 am

Somehow, of all the possible reactions the cat-hater could have given, being hurt was the worst. Seppy felt his shoulders droop and his face fall slightly. In reality, he had no problem with the man's face. It'd simply been a convenient target, the first thing he'd thought of when throwing together his impromptu insult. The scorned ex-hunter was just about to offer his apologies when the man and his dog began wrestling.

A moment before that, though, the 'bounty hunter' from the table had sprung to his feet and put his hand out infront of Seppy; that sort of behaviour sat poorly with the feral pirate. Usually when people stuck their hands out at you they were preparing to use some creepy cursed fruit power or shoot lasers or something. While he readied himself for whatever menace the lunch-ruiner had in store to be sprung upon him, Miyu turned into smoke and subdued the dog.

While not always the most with it, Seppy had enough of his wits about him to recognize that the sudden attention was bad. A sick feeling took his recently-filled gut, the hair stood on the back of his neck. Someone, somewhere in this big crowd, had noticed them. Someone who meant trouble.

"She does, thanks, she does lotsa good all th'time. Never seen a girl do 's much good as she does. Speakina which we gotta go do some a that good righ' now somewhere, so le's all be on 'r ways, kay friend?" Abandoning his earlier resolve to be civil and let Miyu move about of her own accord, Seppy took the young pirate girl by the wrist as gently as he could and began a hasty departure of the immediate area. Instinct guided him to the nearest alley, where he paused in the shade.

"I felt somethin' bad, Mew," Seppy confided, his eyes glowing green-gold in the darkness, pupils dilating until the colour of his eyes were narrow bands around their black cores. "We oughta fine someplace t'hide out 'till t'night."
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:13 am

Miyu had just enough time to drop the dog before Seppy dragged her off, something which, considering the situation she had been in, she was truly thankful for.
But did Seppy look... worried? Could he even be worried? Well, if she would have to name the emotion on his face, it would be alert worry.
"Bad?"
She hadn't gotten an exactly bad vibe from the marine soldiers, or the people who they had talked to... And the rest had been civilians, right?
"What do you mean, bad?"
She skipped the question of a place to hide for now, she had no clue where to hide in a town like this.

Somewhere up above them, a black cat with a clearly visible line or white fur around her neck watched them curiously.
It didn't have a necklace, but it was too well groomed to be a stray.
It meowed and stretched, obviously enjoying the sun. Then it lyied down on the rooftop and fixed its yellow eyes on Seppy.

"I can't believe I lost them!"
The girl in the weird dress had sat down on a barrel, her face in her hands. She had tears of true sorrow in her eyes, but not enough to actually make her cry.
"How is Theo ever going to respect me now? I am such a useless clutz!"
She had been so sure that she had the den den mushi with her.... Did she lose it?
She looked at the takojaki stand and at the remaining two (plus dog).
Maybe they had something to do with that Miyu girl?
No, most likely not, they seemed to be fighting earlier... While she thought about it, her teary eyes were fixed on the one with the sunglasses, only sometimes did she also look at the dog nervously. She didn't like dogs...
Back to top Go down
Eight Of Spades

Eight Of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:56 am

Now this conflict couldn't have gotten worse and stranger then it was now. Henry expecting the big man to attack was prepared to intercept and just in case the fur-man was going to attack first he was ready to trip and headlock him or anything like that but...

The big man was sure one big softy as he turned around embarrassed and hurt while the dog bit him on the leg and both engaged in an endless tackle.
Henry might have looked serious a few seconds but now his face was shocked while he was attempting to realize and understand this awkward reaction.

Things got worse when the soft-hearted short haired girl turned her into smoke. This could not be anything else than the rare Logia type devil fruit. She used her powers in the most unnecessary and worst situation she could possibly use them. Not only she used this just to take away the dog from the big man but the whole island was now staring at the four people along with the marines stopping their routine patrol to check it out. One of the marines had proposed in an indirect way to the short-haired girl about a certain job.

While Henry was still shocked at this weird situation which he has never been ever before the man with the vest grabbed the girl and with a quick pace had disappeared with her probably in some alley.
People had now made a tight circle around the two remaining people and were asking curiously from all sides Henry and the big man about what was going on and discussed between themselves about it.

Lansbury was finally out of his shock as he had just realized what was going on or at least he deduced it was like this.
Devil fruits, weird animal like man, bounty hunters and all this.
They must've been pirates...or at least fugitives from the marine. They had powers, they were queer and they were paranoiac about bounty hunters.
Henry remained in the tight circle of people while looking around for those two that had disappeared, even though he had nothing to do with them the simple contact with them was enough for the mad World Government to label him as an associate of them and start hunting him.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 11:51 am

Avery blinked. "What just...happened?" he asked. One moment he had been prepared to attack the girl for stealing his dog, the next she had dropped his dog and had been taken away. "Are you okay buddy?" Avery asked Lawrence. The dog ran to his master's side and pressed himself up against his leg. He wasn't shaking any more, but his fur was still standing on end. "So...what do you think that was all about?" Avery asked the man who had gotten in between him and the weirdo.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 9:58 am

"Excuse me, world government official coming through! Make way!"
Sometimes, Esther wondered why no one ever listened to her... she pushed her way through the crowd until she was finally standing in front of the two weirdos.
She tried to put on an authorotative look, something that was made hard by her being a small, frail girl that dressed like a witch.
"Move on, people! Nothing to see here!"
One of the marines stepped forward.
"Excuse me, miss. Who are you?"
Esther gave him a surprisingly dark look. Didn't that guy have anything better to do than try to use his post to flirt with girls? She was the second one in five minutes, for gods sake!
She ravaged through her bag and finally pulled out a card, which she then showed him. The soldiers face paled a little, and he suddenly seemed hell bent on standing straight and saluting.
"Thaaat's right! You'd better behave!"
She turned back to the two men.
"Now you two will have to come with me. Don't worry, I just have a few questions I need you to answer."
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 2:13 pm

Lawrence crouched down and growled at the girl. Avery nodded slightly and his dog stopped growling. He figured that he didn't like this girl to much either, but at least she was getting them away from the Marines.

"Alright," Avery said, putting on a cheerful look on his face. "Come on boy." He walked over to stand by the girl, Larry following in his wake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?   Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serious: The Fair Pirates, chapter 1: A new Beginning?
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next