One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm

Go down 
+2
GoreFish
Shichibukai Hunter
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Empty
PostSubject: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:50 am

James navigated his ship around a couple of fishing boats that were headed out to sea. He then turned sharply to make his ship slide up beside a dock. After defeating the Silent Pirates, the Aurora Pirates had continued on their way heading straight for the Grand Line. However, they had run down on supplies and James decided to make a brief stop at a small, industrial island.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Jake was still sulking a little over the loss of Risty, but the sight of land cheered him up. Even though the sea was practically his home, some change of scenery now and then was nice.
"Aaah, land! Not the prettiest one I've seen, but land!"
He grinned a little weaker than normally. His cheek still hurt. He suspected it to be more the shame and mental pain of being slapped in such a badass manner twice a day by the same girl than physical pain, though.
It sure was hard to get over.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:22 pm

(Still no one has posted other then Gorefish. How disappointing. Anyways, do as you will on this island. Pick up supplies, fight bounty hunters, and so forth. This RP shouldn't be as long as the others. It is mainly so that we can pick up the people who said they would join, but we might find something to do in town to spice it up a little.)

James hopped onto land and struck off on his own without another word. He wanted to get away for a while and maybe pick up some equipment to use for repairing the ship. They hadn't taken much damage as of yet, but James hadn't brought all that much in the first place. He had not realized that a ship of this size could get so many leaks in so many places.

James walked along the dock at a casual pace, admiring the many ships along the harbor. The town was certainly busy. Already James had been forced to sidestep three sailors and he had almost tripped over a group of children running past. He smiled at the children, who were oblivious to everything except their game. If only he were still that young. Life had been so much easier then.
Back to top Go down
Frog Dragon

Frog Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:27 pm

(Can I join? I posted in the crew thread with a character. I'd like Kaori to oin the crew.)
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:32 pm

(Sure. Just jump right in whenever.)
Back to top Go down
Frog Dragon

Frog Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:41 pm

Past James walked a robed young man, who bore a serious look. He was clearly checking out the boats on the harbor. He seems to have had his interest piqued with one and he walks off wharf in a weird kind of march step. He doesn't fall off though, and simply walks on the air, checking the boat all around.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:00 pm

"Why, that's curious..."
Jake raised an eyebrow and watched the person in the robe. Another devilfruit user? Or just another freak...
Whatever it was, it made him interesting. He leaned over the reling of the ship and watched him with great interest.
"Hey mister! What're you doin?"
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:11 pm

James, oblivious to the fact that someone was walking on air behind him, continued on his way down the dock. He walked into town and headed down the main street, looking at the wares being sold around him. Nothing piqued his interest so he moved on.
Back to top Go down
Frog Dragon

Frog Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:30 am

The robed man looked in the direction of Jake. "Checking out this ship." He walks over the boat and drops down back into the wharf.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:57 am

Jake laughed.
"Yes, I could see as much! What I meant was: Why did you yheck the ship while walking on air?"
He looked the figure up and down.
"Ah, nevermind. Why are you wearing that?"
He couldn't help being curious. After all, he and Guri had often worn something similiar on some certain islands.
Back to top Go down
Frog Dragon

Frog Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:28 am

"It's comfortable. And warm." Kaori says. "I walk on air because it gives me a better look at the boat. Though now that I have looked it really isn't to my tastes."
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:57 am

"Ooooh..."
Jake jumped down down from the ship and landed not far from the man.
"So you're looking for a boat, then? Maybe you even want to start your own crew?"
Back to top Go down
Frog Dragon

Frog Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:08 am

"I haven't tried my hand at captainhood, but I worked under a notorious pirate for several years. You may have heard about it. The marines took Cosak "The Warmaster" out about a month ago. I was in that crew."
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:40 pm

Jake frowned.
"Cosak...Cosak... Haha, what a shame I can't read the newspaper! Yes, I heard about him when I was in a pirate crew for the first time. Pretty vicious, I hear..."
He patted the figure on the back.
"Hah, see, we're comrades in a sense, then!"
Again, he laughed loudly.
Back to top Go down
Frog Dragon

Frog Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:04 pm

"Hah. I am no academic either." Kaori says. "I am still in some danger. One of the marine officials was rather... intense. Not happy at all with me getting away." Kaori laughed. "Comrades we may be then."
(I would like to call plot hook if it pleases the court.)
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:12 pm

(A plot hook? If that is what I think it is, then go right ahead. I've got no plans. I got a PM from one of the people who wanted to join. Hopefully he will come soon.)

James soon found himself on the edge of town. He spotted a store which sold tools and stopped there to see what he could find. Ten minutes later, he left with a new hammer and some nails. Since he couldn't think of anything else to pick up around there, he started to head back to the ship. He was planning on getting some wood and some more of that special resin he used for sealing off holes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:25 pm

The young chef keitaro nakamura had spotted a ship in the docks he had yet to have seen here yet. As he looked upon the ship he noticed two things. A. this was not a marein ship and B. he could fight but not enough to stand up to pirates. As he turned around he saw one of the people he hired to look after the famliy restruant while he left. "Mr. Nakamura Mr. Nakamura!" he yelled out to keitaro.

"What is it keiji?" keitaro asked slightly annoyed. Keiji was out of breath from running [mainly due to the restraunt being across town] "I brought your lunch order to you." he said handing keitaro a brown bag. "Thanks keiji but the restraunt needs ya right now so please get back to work." keitaro said. Keiji nodded and ran off back to the restruant.

[OOC:If i need to add any more just pm me.]
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:58 pm

(Nah, that was good. Nothing needs to be added. Just watch your spelling and grammar.)

James was almost back to the ship when he spotted a restaurant. There were many restaurants around, but the smell from this one was just so enticing.... James shook his head to clear it. He needed to focus on the task at hand. He shouldn't waste the money he had brought with him on this journey. Then again, a small snack wouldn't hurt. He headed inside.

(Yes, he just walked into your restaurant, Keitaro.)
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 6:11 am

"Sure does feel good to have a new comrade!"
It was unusual for people to simply accept fishmen, but this one seemed to be a bit of an outcast himself.
Jake stretched out his hand for him to shake.
"I'm Jake Cooney, but please just call me Jake."
He grinned, showing his sharp teeth. It wasn't meant to look threatening. Just freindly. But people tended to mix it up.
"And your name is?"
Back to top Go down
Frog Dragon

Frog Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 6:18 am

"I'm Kaori Ashata. But feel free to twist it into whatever you wish. Turns out tribal names don't really roll of the tongue for most people."
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 6:39 am

"Kaori?"
Jake tried not to grin too hard. But it sounded so suspiciously like a girls name.
"Wellllll, Kaori. What do you say if you're looking for a crew, why don't I introduce you to my captain sometime? You've probably never heard of him, but... his name's James D Cook. And we're the Aurora pirates! Even though we only have, like, three men right now..."
Back to top Go down
Frog Dragon

Frog Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:33 am

(OOC: Does it?)
Kaori sees Jake's grin. "My tribe had somewhat peculiar naming conventions." He says. "I haven't heard of your captain. Of course, my old crew was rather large and the captain well above my caliber. I could at least travel with you."
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:18 am

"Sure, let's just ask him beforehand. I don't think he'll have anything against it though, I saw him recruit people who tried to cut him up just seconds before!"
He looked around.
"I don't really know where he went. Somewhere in town... Well, we'll know it when he gets in trouble!"
Jake didn't doubt his captain would somehow manage to get into trouble. He was like a magnet for trouble.
"Now, we can either wait here or go into the town ourselves. If I recall correctly, we're in need of food. I doubt the captain will think about that."

(A bit, but it's okay. I like weird names! Uhm, not to say it's a weird name or anything, I just mean... Okay, I'll shut up now before I make it sound even worse.)
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 2:49 pm

(Speaking of trouble...)

James sat in the restaurant. He held a menu and was scrutinizing it carefully. Then he threw up his hands and let out a frustrated yell which caught the attention of several other diners.

"I just can't choose!" James said loudly. "It all looks so good!"

The waiter, who had been standing there for the last two minutes waiting for James's answer, winced at the loud noise. "Perhaps you should just point to something at random then?" he suggested, trying to remain calm.

James looked at him for a moment, as if he was surprised that the man was standing there. "Oh yeah!" James grinned. "That's a great idea!"

The waiter's brow twitched slightly, but he still forced himself to remain calm. "I was being sarcastic, but if this actually works..." the waiter thought.

James closed his eyes and then swung his hand back dramatically, hitting a diner behind him, knocking the man's face into his food. James seemed oblivious to this fact and jabbed the menu.

"I want this one!" James said.

"You want the blank space?" the waiter said, the sarcasm now obvious in his voice.

James opened his eyes. His finger had somehow hit one of the four, tiny blank spaces on the menu. He laughed. "I think I might have to try again," he said. James heard a frightened squeaking sound beside him. He looked over at the waiter, who was backing away quickly holding his notepad as a shield. "What's wrong?" James asked.

"Hey you," a voice said. James looked over his shoulder to see the man he had hit, glaring down at him with food covering from his face. Flanking the man were two other men. All three were unusually tall and they towered over James.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:42 pm

Keitaro walked into his diner "OI THE BLOODY HELL IS GOING ON HERE!" he yelled as he picked up a knife. He looked at the three "Now ya listen here sit down shut up and eat. Or i can cut you open and serve your organs as the special for the day." keitaro said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 3: The Calm Before the Storm
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next