One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Empty
PostSubject: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:09 am

James stood up on the deck of his ship for the first time in a week. He had mostly lay around letting his wounds heal themselves. His bone was still broken, of course, but as long as he didn't do anything crazy it would be fine. He turned and went over to the wheel, which was currently unoccupied. He pulled out a map from his pocket, checked it, and then looked around. He spotted a landmark off in the distance and adjusted their course by a few degrees. After that he just stood there, staring out over the waves wondering what everyone was doing back at home.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:25 am

Jake walked towards him and laid a hand on his shoulder.
"Hey captain! How are your wounds doing?"
He grinned, showing his sharp teeth. Ever since Guri was gone, he felt awfully lonely for some reason. like something was missing.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:39 pm

James looked over at Jake and smiled. "They are getting better every day. The wound itself has closed now. All I've got to wait for is the bone to heal."
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:56 pm

"Hmmm? That's good, then!"
He let his eyes wander over the wide sea.
"Don't take what Guri did personally. He's a good child, he really is. But he can be rather hotheaded sometimes...."
He looked back at James.
"Speaking of our ex- navigator: Where are we going?"
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:28 pm

"The Grand Line," James replied simply. "It's in that general direction." He pointed slightly west of their current path. "We've got a good wind at the moment, although that could change any second, but if we keep up this pace we'll be there in less then two weeks. Of course, that's not counting the time it will take to restock our supplies." Then he glanced over at Jake, his face was serious. "I don't mind what your buddy did, honestly. I can take care of most of our navigating. I made sure I was prepared for just about anything when I first entered these seas. My only problem with Guri leaving is that while I may be able to deal with simple straight forward stuff like this, navigating something like the Grand Line will be a whole different matter. We will need to find a really good navigator before we get there."
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:34 am

Jake nodded.
"I'm sure we will. After all, there should be some islands on our way there, right?"
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:18 am

"Uhhh..." James looked down at his map again. "Sort of. I've charted out a path that would take us past all the island, but of course we still have to think about our supplies, which aren't much actually, and we might stop if we see something interesting."
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:21 am

Jake looked slightly curious. He rised an eyebrow.
"Interesting, huh? Interesting like 'oh my, how pretty', or interesting like 'Run for your lifes' ?"
That was the question Guri had always asked. He personally hoped for it to be the "run for your lifes" sort of interesting.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:50 pm

James chuckled softly. "Both sound good. But if we see anything we want to investigate then we will. No point in ignoring something right in front of us. We might find something useful, like treasure."
Back to top Go down
Kagirinai

Kagirinai

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 5:57 am

Kagirinai leaned against a wall. A slab of titanium in his hand. he raided it to his mouth and took a bite from it and spoke up, 'So in other words you don't have clue do you captain?"
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 8:11 am

Jake laughed.
"That's the point of an adventure, don't you think?"
He looked at Kagirinai.
"That you don't know how it'll end."
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 3:06 pm

James nodded and grinned. "Yeah. It wouldn't be fun if we knew the ending. And that's why I'm a pirate, because I got bored with all my books I was writing because I knew the ending." Then he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. "OOOOOOH! Shiny!" He spun the wheel turning the ship to starboard as fast as possible. Up ahead was a semi-large, roundish shaped object lying in the water. James ran over to the side of the ship and peered down at it.

"What is it?" he asked out loud. Then he heard something coming form the object. A ticking sound. James ran back to the wheel and tried to twist it as fast as possible, but he was too late. The thing exploded, rocking the whole ship.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 4:06 pm

Jake held on to the reling.
He hadn't expected a random bomb in the middle of the ocean. In fact, he hadn't expected a random bomb at all.
To think one second before he had been about to offer to jump into the water and snatch it.... He gulped. That would't have been pretty.
Once the shock was over, the smile was back.
"Hahaha! What do you know! You find bombs in the most unexpected places! Wonder who left it there..."
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:03 pm

"Not funny," James said, his face pale. He ran back over to the railing and peered down at where the bomb had been a moment before. The side of the ship was damaged and water was starting to pour in. James sighed. "I better go fix that qui..." His voice trailed off. "Jake, grab the wheel. NOW!" He spun around, his face pale once more. "We're headed into a minefield!"
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:40 am

Jake's smile was gone.
"What?"
One bomb had been more than enough for him.
He dashed towards the wheel and grabbed it. He spun it around.
Today wasn't his lucky day, it seemed.
Back to top Go down
Kagirinai

Kagirinai

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:37 am

Kagirinai walked to the head of the ship, 'If you wish i can take care of them. Mines are metal i eat metal. My entire body is made of metal including my digestive system."
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:26 am

That rung a bell inside Jakes head.
"Bombs are made out of metal or glass, and different chemicals which cause the explosion. Acids or such can also be inside. Also gun powder perhaps. I've never seen swimming bombs before, so I would advise you not to. Unless you're immune to any and all sorts of things that could be inside."
He blinked. He hadn't got a clue what he had just said, but that was what Guri had told him about bombs, so it had to be right.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:14 pm

James nodded to Jake and then looked over at Kagirinai. "Yeah...it would be kinda dangerous for you to eat something without knowing the full contents of it. Even if you are made of metal on the inside, an explosion, or multiple explosions, could possibly tear you apart. But if you would, please try to get one of the mines if you can. I want to check it out. Jake, keep us moving back. I'll go down and see if I can fix the leak." James headed off to his cabin and picked up his equipment. Then he went down below deck to see the damage.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:43 pm

Jake nodded and kept the ship moving away from the bombs.
Why were there bombs?
He looked at Kagirinai.
"So, can you do it?"
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:25 pm

It was easy fix. The hole hadn't been all that big. Perhaps the water had weakened the blast. James wasn't sure. He patched up the hole with some firm, medium sized pieces of wood and then he filled in the cracks with a resin he kept for such occasions. He was finished within two minutes and then stepped back to take a look at his handiwork.

"Good enough," he thought to himself. Then he collected his tools and headed back up towards the main deck.
Back to top Go down
Kagirinai

Kagirinai

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:38 pm

Kagirinai merely stared at Jake with a blank expressiin. He raised a hand., His entire hand was coated in titanium. It shot forward. It began to magnetise collecting one of the mines picking it right up out of the water
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:18 pm

"Hahaha, I see!"
Jake hadn't meant to insult him n any way, but he didn't really care either.
Then he saw James.
"Hey captain! Fixed it?"
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:35 pm

"For the moment, yes," James replied. "Now for that mine. Either of you any good with explosives?"
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 6:19 am

Jake scratched the back of his head.
"Sorry, I'm not really good with anything... Guri'd know, I'm sure, but I never got to learn such things."
He looked towards Kagirinai. The man had wanted to eat it, so he doubted he'd know anything.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:41 pm

James also looked at Kagirinai.

(Sorry for the short post, but the thing is I'm sick and wanted to say that I might not be on as much for the next day or two, although I will still try to be on at least once a day. I just wanted to set it up for Kagi before I disappear.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination   Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serious: The Aurora Pirates Part 2: Rest, Relaxation, and Assassination
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next