One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself Empty
PostSubject: The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself   The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 9:54 pm

Doku watched as he docked in the port of a small island. Getting off his ship he began to walk around town his blue eyes scanning everything and everyone. As he walked people stared, being the son of a famous shichi and the ex king of an island was something that got around at times. As he made his way to a tavern he ordered a steak and began to eat. "Sigh, It's been weeks and still not one person able to teach sword play." the young dark isle member said in a disappointed tone
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself   The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 6:41 pm

"Are you trying to tell me that all of a sudden your prices have gotten EVEN HIGHER since the last time I came here?" One of the bar patrons threw his arms up in outrage. "Only for you, Tika. You always drink me out of beer, and everyone else under the table. It's a miracle your liver hasn't gotten soggy and rotten in your torso yet." The bartender continued wiping the glass he was holding, his eyes half closed with boredom. He was used to this particular patron's shenanigans, and he knew that the man would just end up getting a pint regardless.

True to his expectations, the bargoer slumped down in defeat, before muttering, "Fine. I'd like a pint, then. Bloody robber." The bartender smirked the smallest of smiles before filling up a glass for his best customer. "So, any other dimwits trying to prove they're amazing swordsmen? I'm getting sick of people saying that, and all of a sudden resorting to cheap tricks when their normal methods don't work out." The bartender brought the patron's beer to him before saying, "Not today, but I bet you'll find someone. There's always someone."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself   The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:09 am

And true to the barkeeps word a man stood up. "I will be the greatest swordsmen alive!" he yelled. Doku looked annoyed and walked up to the man. Pulling him down to his eye level due to the man being a foot or so taller then Doku him self he spoke. "You are a drunk man whom spends more time practicing the bottle then he does the blade. I can tell just by looking at you it'd be a waste of time for you to learn." Doku said shoving the man into his seat. "You stand and shout you'll be the best mean while I've come out of the grand line in search of a teacher." The young man said with obvious anger in his voice. "Now speak your nonsense again and I'll cut out your vocal cords." he finished before taking his seat.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself   The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:12 am

The patron was downing his pint with ease as the exchange happened. "Oi, kid, don't assume that he's a poor swordsman because he's drunk. First rule about swordsmen is that they're almost never what they seem. Normally it's because they cheat." The man who Doku had insulted laughed a deep, bellowing laugh. "Yah, he's got it right kid. Don't insult your betters!" His laugh continued, disregarding the other patron once again. He drew his sword, ready to cut Doku down where he stood.

The man turned to the barman and said, "Another." He enunciated, "I wasn't talking about you." He took the new pint the barman slid towards him and downed it in seconds. "What are you saying, punk?" The patron placed down his empty glass, placing a hand on his sword's hilt. "I'm saying that I'm the only good drunkard swordsman, you buffoon." Before the other man could even respond, the man at the bar ran towards him and leaped into the air, sending the man sprawling backwards with a kick to the chest.

The man landed easily, drawing his sword and advancing on the drunken patron, who was now lying outside. "Come on, get up. I'll even have as many drinks as you had to even the score if you want." The other man simply pulled himself to his feet. "Sanya, don't go overboard. If you bloody him up too much like the last one, my bar's gonna get a bad reputation." The patron, clearly the target of that comment, replied, "Alright, just lower your prices for me if I don't screw him up too much! Oh, and guy! Pay attention, this'll be your unofficial lesson for the day."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself   The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:33 am

Doku watched with mild interest. This man who attacked the drunk seemed strong. "Well then, let's see what he can do." the young man thought.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself   The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 4:30 am

Sanya detached the sheath for his sword from his hip, wielding it in reverse in his left hand. His opponent was already back on his feet, holding a large curved sword in both hands. The man lifted the blade and stepped forward, swinging the sword down at Sanya. He sidestepped the quickly falling sword and moved his left arm up to deflect the sword. The sheath of his sword allowed to the blade to have a smooth path down to the ground, and he used the extra space given to him by the maneuver to make his way towards his enemy's side. He lashed out with his blade as he passed and cut his opponent (not too deeply, mind you).

The challenger released some drunken babble upon being struck, and he spun around, striking Sanya in the back with the blunt part of the blade. Sanya was thrown forward, but he impaled a space between the cobbles with his blade in order to avoid hitting the ground too hard. He pulled himself up and flipped over the sword, pulling it out as he went. He twirled his blade lightly as he turned to face his opponent. He leaned in slightly, feinting with his sword to distract his foe before driving the sheath into his opponent's stomach. The force of the blow staggered his enemy, allowing Sanya to flip over the man and strike him hard in the head, knocking him out.

Sanya landed lightly after finishing his enemy off. He groaned, smacking his lips slightly. "I wasn't nearly drunk enough for that fight. Oy, Darrel! Pour me a pair of pints!" He re-entered the bar and sat at his previous stool, pushing the one next to him out more. He took one of the pints in his hand, saying, "Kid, come and sit next to me." He downed his pint very quickly, burping in glee and asking for yet another. "The second pint is for you, by the way."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself   The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 11:25 am

Doku was amazed at this mans abilities he was drunk yet still defeated the other man swiftly. Once he told Doku to take a seat he did so and began to sip from the pint, he never had much of a taste for alcohol but he decided he should listen "Thanks." he said with a nod.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself   The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:42 pm

Sanya's tolerance for alcohol was breathtaking. Despite the beers he had had, he was still able to talk totally cohesively. "You know, I heard what you said earlier. You said you need a teacher, yeah?" He shifted to face Doku and said, "I'd be willing to give you a cursory tutorial at least. But I'd suggest that you avoid doing what you did before. Some people are not what they seem to be. In my case, you wouldn't imagine how drunk I can get!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself   The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:16 pm

Doku nodded "Yeah...A teacher...I need to get stronger so my heart can be at ease." Doku explained eerily. "I apologize for that also...Father had a nasty disliking for alcoholics and actually told me they were weak in battle. Though that is far from the truth." He said taking a sip and frowning at the bitter taste. "I would like a tutorial." he said with a nod.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself   The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:02 pm

"It's alright you know. It's just advice for the future." Sanya put the tankard back on the bar and picked up Doku's, because clearly he wasn't going to drink it. He downed it quickly before taking out his bag of money. He quickly paid the bartender, who stuffed the money into an apron pocket. The second the tankards were taken, Sanya stood up and grabbed Doku's wrist. "Let's get going. The sooner we get this started the better for all of us." He dragged Doku out of the bar and out to a secluded area outside the town limits. He let go of Doku and drew his sword. "We're going to start by training the body and training technique. That is, for instance, making sure you're holding your weapon properly and standing correctly."

"However, these two aspects of swordfighting can be fluid. It all depends on your personal style, which we will develop in our practice, alright? On top of that will be strengthening the body itself so we can ensure you can find your most comfortable style." Sanya shifted slightly. "So, get out your sword. Or do you not have one?" Sanya's vision was slightly blurry due to the alcohol, so he couldn't tell whether Doku had a sword or not. "I'll demonstrate how you would normally hold a blade for most single sword styles. I'm not drunk enough to use my normal style, so that's good for you." He quickly demonstrated what he meant to Doku, expecting quick compliance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself   The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 2:23 pm

Doku gave the man a nod and materialized a sword basically. He stood confused, he never used a real stance opting to just swing it like a club instead of a blade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself   The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 2:47 pm

(Under a request from a few months back *I think never mind this if not* we will just be skipping training thread so we can both move on. There for rp over.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself   The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The First Step of Power. The Way of the Blade. (Private, Gael and Myself
Page 1 of 1