One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook

Go down 
+2
Iggy
Shichibukai Hunter
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Empty
PostSubject: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Name: James D. Cook

Bounty: 10,000,000

Species: Human

Allegiance: Pirates, Aurora Pirates

Home Village/Ocean: Aurora Village/North Blue

Appearance: James is about 5’8”. He has become more tanned from his time at sea and more muscular. He normally carries both of his swords in sheaths attached to his back with their hilts coming up over his left shoulder.

Spoiler:

History: James was born in the Aurora Village and he spent the majority of his life there. When he was about three years old, his mother died of illness and his father soon after left the village to go be a pirate. James and his older sister had no close relatives on the island, so they were left in the care of an orphanage. Not long after, James’s sister disappeared. He did not see her for several years. (See Alice Cook for full details.)

As he grew older, James went to work in a ship yard for spending money. While he was doing this a teacher at a local dojo came and brought his boat to the docks to have it fixed. James personally worked on this man’s boat and impressed the man with his work. They got to talking and the man learned that James had an interest in weaponry, particularly swords. The man brought a sword to James so that the boy could test it out and the man soon realized that the boy was a natural. Soon after that, James was offered to be taught at the dojo for free. James went there and practiced long hours, day in and day out. He only took time off to go work in the ship yard.

By the time he was eighteen James was very strong and skilled with a sword. He used the money he had saved up to buy a small sailing vessel as well as supplies for a journey. He was allowed to take some tools and materials with him, by his boss at the ship yard. Just as he was about to set sail, his sensei from the dojo came up and presented him with a sword for the journey. He then said his final goodbyes to his friends from the village and set sail to seek out adventure on the high seas.

That was the last that anyone heard of him in a while. Finally, a wanted poster arrived in the Aurora village. It had his name, picture, and a bounty of 10,000,000 belli on it. Soon after the poster arrived rumors came as well. A man from several islands south of them told them of how a powerful, young man had arrived in town. The young man snuck into the local Marine base, took out about thirty of the base’s soldiers as well as the Marine captain, and escaped taking with him the Marine captain’s sword.

Actually, the truth was that James had gone to the island, impressed the Marines with his skill and joined them. He was taught by the Marine captain how to improve his sword skills and he also learned the Rokushiki move, soru. However, James ended up revealing his true intentions to the Marine captain, telling him that he was planning on becoming a pirate. The rest that followed was all accurate as far as that man’s story went.

So James set out, once more on his own. He founded the Aurora Pirate crew and began gathering crew members.

Personality: James is a friendly guy. He is rarely seen without a smile. Even when he is fighting he is usually lighthearted, but if he or an ally gets hurt, he becomes deadly serious. James is also a bit of a goofball most of the time. However, this is usually by choice rather than accident. James tries to make people underestimate him or think he is an idiot.

Ship: It has two decks, one on top and one below, and a hold. It has six cannons on both of its sides and two on the front. Inside the ship is a galley, two crew cabins, one captain's cabin, the cannon rooms which line the sides, and a hold below everything else on the bottom of the ship. The ship has three masts.

Ship Flag: A classic skull and crossbones with a rainbow of colors surrounding them to represent the Aurora. The two crossbones are replaced with twin swords, used to represent James's two-sword style.

Devil Fruit: N/A

Special Abilities:

Sword Skills: James is skilled with sword fighting. His specialty is Nitoryu, but he is also proficient in Ittoryu.

Strength: James has above average strength and he has gotten stronger since becoming a pirate captain. He does not possess what some might call superhuman strength, but he is unusually strong.

Endurance: James can take a hit. He has taken many hits from both his sister and his enemies and he has grown used to them. He can usually ignore small cuts, but a large wound can make him lose concentration and trip up.

Learned Techniques:

1. Lightning Dance: A series of movements that he makes up as he goes. This is his most graceful style of fighting.

2. Bolt: James zig-zags forward as a blur, cutting multiple opponents as he goes.

3. Storm Tunnel: He spins Kazeshini in a circle. This releases a vortex of cuts that goes in the direction he spins the sword.

4. Thunder Crash: A forward thrust using Kazeshini that is powerful enough to crack a stone wall up to five feet away from the thrust.

5. Gale Force: A fast, passing-by cut with both swords that is followed by a gust of wind.

6. Eye of the Hurricane: James focuses in on his opponent and the instant that they move, he appears next to them and then attacks at high speed with his swords.

7. Aerial Lance: James can use the wind to lift himself off the ground and propel himself in any direction while holding Kazeshini in front of him. If he travels straight over the ground he can move like this for up to fifty feet. If he is traveling straight up he can only go twenty-five feet. As he does this, wind forms around the tip of his sword giving his weapon an appearance similar to that of an umbrella. This forms a barrier in front of him that can push objects out of his way. The wind barrier is ten feet in diameter all the way around.

8. Vacuum Twister: A vacuum-like vortex of air begins sucking in everything in front of Kazeshini’s blade. It is strong enough that an enemy should be dragged forward onto the blade. However, if an enemy is strong enough and can get a firm grip on something then it is possible to keep in place.

9. Soru: The Soru allows its user to move at extremely high speeds in order to avoid attacks, as well as to attack at higher speeds.

10. Kazeshini (Released State): Wind gathers around the blade and up the arm that is holding the sword. The wind forms into a sword-like shape, but increases the size and range of Kazeshini by about a foot all the way around. Essentially the sword is longer and besides that it gains extra cutting power. It can also be swung to send out a blade of wind that can cut through wood. This state only lasts for ten posts. If Kazeshini enters this state then it will lose its ability to control wind for three days following. For just one day after Kazeshini has left its Released State, the sword becomes fragile and may break if it is hit with any amount of great force.

11. Tempestuous Dragon: This attack appears in the form of a dragon. The dragon consists of a tail, which is wrapped around Kazeshini’s blade, a tornado for the body, and a generic dragon’s head on the front of the tornado. The dragon is about one hundred feet in length. Its head is fifteen feet in diameter. Likewise the body is ten feet in diameter, however the body’s size decreases dramatically about five feet from Kazeshini’s blade so that it is not to large to wrap its tail around the blade. Now, the dragon is powerful. The winds used to create this beast pull at everything around the creature and tries to drag things into it. People are able to resist this pull, but it should keep them from making a speedy retreat. If the dragon comes in contact with someone the powerful winds lash and cut them. If someone is caught up in the dragon, then they are spun around at high speed before being launched back out with bone breaking speed. However, this dragon is not invincible by any means. It cannot break down strong barriers. It also has difficulty dealing much damage to larger, heavier targets such as giants. This attack can also only be used when Kazeshini is in its released state. Lastly, the post in which this attack is used counts as two posts instead of one. (The reason for this is clear if you read the rules for Kazeshini’s Released State.)

Weapons/Items:

Kazeshini

Crimson Rain

Goals: Since setting out on his journey, James has decided that he wants to become a Yonkou.

Last edited by James D. Cook on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:27 am; edited 21 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:56 pm

Just let me know when you're done.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:28 pm

Okay. I think I've completed my character for now. Can I add attacks as time goes on or do I have to level up in some way first?
Back to top Go down
InTents

InTents

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:42 pm

I'm not a mod, but I know the answer to your queston.
You may add techniques or attacks as you RP, but you must post in the character topic and get the new techniques approved before you can use them.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:45 pm

InTents wrote:
I'm not a mod, but I know the answer to your queston.
You may add techniques or attacks as you RP, but you must post in the character topic and get the new techniques approved before you can use them.

Okay. Thank you.

Could this please be approved then? Unless I've got something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:59 am

Define "super human." We have had problems with this.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:54 am

Iggy wrote:
Define "super human." We have had problems with this.

Hmmm....good question. I don't want to say he is on par with Luffy or Zolo, well I do, so I'll just say he has about as much physical strength as Sanji, but the majority of his strength is in his arms rather then his legs. I've edited my post, although its hard to describe up above.

Once again, can somebody please approve or disapprove this character?
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:59 am

That's fine. Approved.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 6:44 am

Iggy wrote:
That's fine. Approved.

WHAHOO! It's over! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:49 pm

I have a new attack I would like to add to the list. It's called Bolt. Basically James zigzags forward as a blur and hits multiple opponent's at once. So, how about it?
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Hello? I asked for someone to approve my new attack, Bolt, but no one came along. Is Iggy supposed to deal with my stuff on his own? That's okay though. I've got something else that needs approved as well. I would like to give Kazeshini a kind of 'Released State'. Basically wind gathers around the blade and up the arm that is holding the sword. The wind forms into a sword-like shape, but increases the size and range of Kazeshini by about a foot all the way around. Essentially the sword is longer and besides that it gains extra cutting power. It also can be sliced through the air to cut anything up to twenty yards away. The cutting ability of this technique is strong enough to cut through metal as long as a little force is supplied to the swing. This state only lasts for ten minutes. If Kazeshini enters this state then it will lose its ability to control wind for three days following.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:38 pm

lol, its exactly the same name as my characters attack, but still, sure why not, RE-APPROVED for Bolt, as for the other one, we dont measure in minutes here only in post, so ill say 10 posts? it lasts for 10 posts. So RE-APPROVED
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:44 am

nikz200 wrote:
lol, its exactly the same name as my characters attack, but still, sure why not, RE-APPROVED for Bolt, as for the other one, we dont measure in minutes here only in post, so ill say 10 posts? it lasts for 10 posts. So RE-APPROVED

I didn't know you had that attack. Oh well. Thanks for approving.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:59 pm

I added an attack, Aerial Lance. It's third from the bottom of his attack list. Please approve/disapprove.
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Well it doesn't seem all that bad. Keep in mind the barrier can only push things back without harm, to keep it fair (and it's what I got out of the barrier's description) also it cannot push away oncoming attacks.

Reapproval is given by me.
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:20 am

Yes sir! That's what I was thinking it would do. I mean, sure, if he's moving fast enough and a person is pushed by the barrier hard enough they might land on their arm wrong or something, but it doesn't do any actual damage itself, and it isn't strong enough to block an actual attack, just little stuff that might be in the air or in his way. So, thanks for approving!
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:14 pm

I want to make some things more clear. It will actually weaken me somewhat, but will also make it easier to understand James's power. Besides this, I have plans for later.

I want to make just two changes. Both will apply to Kazeshini's Released State ability.

1. I wrote that Kazeshini can be 'sliced through the air to cut anything up to twenty feet away'. I also wrote that 'The cutting ability of this technique is strong enough to cut through metal as long as a little force is supplied to the swing'. In my RPs I have used these to mean that James can send out a blade of wind that cuts through metal. So, to make this clear I want to change these sentences to say this: "It can also be swung to send out a blade of wind that can cut through wood." I am not going to have it slice through metal any more.

2. I want to add to the end of Kazeshini's Released State this sentence: For one day after Kazeshini has left its Released State, the sword becomes fragile and may break if it is hit with any amount of great force.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:19 pm

This is a very good limitation, another reapproval
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:54 pm

bleach reference anyone?
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:09 am

Yes, I realized that soon after I thought up the idea. However, the sword itself does not change shape. I'm just trying to think up as many ways as I can that wind could be manipulated, but at the same time I'm trying to think up restrictions for those manipulations. It just so happens that this is very similar to a bleach weapon. Especially the 'Released State' part. I probably should have called it, 'Ultimate State' or something stupid like that.
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 5:05 pm

No one cares, as long as your not playing as ichigo.
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Okay, updated appearance and a new attack. Here's the attack:

Vacuum Twister: A vacuum-like vortex of air begins sucking in everything in front of Kazeshini’s blade. It is strong enough that an enemy should be dragged forward onto the blade. However, if an enemy is strong enough and can get a firm grip on something then it is possible to keep in place.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 10:19 pm

REAPPROVED
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:00 am

Alright, I have two things I would like to do. First off, I looked at this character and thought, 'This page is lame', so I overhauled his history, personality, and appearance. There are not any huge changes, I just made things more specific and fixed a couple of things that are inaccurate to the character. I would like to replace the old James D. Cook with the new and improved version, which I will place in a spoiler below so that you mods can check it out at your leisure.

Spoiler:

Secondly, I have a new attack I would like to add to James. Once again, I will place this in the spoiler below. This attack is very powerful, I realize that, but I have put a lot of limitations on it and even with its strength, a good RPer could avoid it with a little creativity. It is simply James's ultimate attack. I have no intention of making anything stronger then this. At least not for James anyway.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Could someone please look at this stuff I put in my last post?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook   James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James "The Raging Storm" D. Cook
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next