One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Empty
PostSubject: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 2:43 pm

Windmill village was flooded with people- sea-farers, merchants and locals alike. The air was filled with the salty scent of sea brine that had wafted in from the harbour and the constant backdrop of noise, the cacophony that the docks had to offer.
All kinds of people lined the streets.
Some people with good intentions.
Some people with...not so good intentions.

However, Arianne Greyson's only intentions were to see that her newest friend, Avery Crusher, had his injured shoulder fixed and taken care of before the two of them rejoined the Milky Way Pirates.
The blonde haired scientist waited outside the local doctor's house, looking to the door every now and then in anticipation of Avery's return. She reached down every now and then to stroke the side of Avery's partner, Lawrence- the large dog that sat at her side.
"It's alright, boy. Solo un momento mas," she murmured, adjusting the spectacles on her nose. "Avery will be back in a moment and he'll be just fine."
Arianne truly couldn't decide whether or not she was saying all this to comfort the dog at her side or to comfort herself. She shrugged the dark red coat up on to her shoulders a little more and softly started to pray for Avery's health under her breath. "Santa Maria, Madre de Dios..."

She would have never in a hundred years expected to be in this position.
She was born the daughter of a rich merchant, raised as the step-daughter of a marine officer, had spent her life living by her powerful faith...and now she was a pirate.
Even more surprising to her, however...was her position with the cyborg whom she was waiting for.
Never in her life had she felt like this before- desperately wanting nothing more than to be beside that young man, to get to know every aspect of his wants and needs, shying at the warmth that rose in her face and chest whenever she was around him...

Arianne let a small sigh escape her lips, leaning back against the wall and scratching behind Lawrence's ear.

Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:31 pm

"...you failed."

The thin man, who stood before his superior's seat, flinched back. He had only just managed to keep from letting out a squeak of fear. All around the man were dozens of other individuals, hiding just out of sight in the shadows.

"Y-Yes," he said. "We did fail to kill them, but they were just so much more powerful then we were. Even if you had been there, I don't know if we could have..." He paused as his superior's eyes flashed dangerously. Realizing his mistake, the bandit tried to back up. "I didn't mean that. All I'm saying is, we couldn't-"

"LIES!"

A blade flashed in the darkness and the bandit's body fell one way as his head went in the other direction. The onlookers remained silent, but there was some shuffling in their ranks.

Their superior, a huge man wearing a pair of white pants and a dark red shirt with a purple sash wrapped around his chest, drew back his now bloody weapon. It was a halberd, one that matched perfectly the man's immense size.

The man came to his feet and turned his gaze upon his many followers, all of whom looked back at him expectantly.

"It looks like we're going to have to do this ourselves," he growled.

[Presentation Box]
Name: Derek Slavo
Bandit Leader
Bounty: 12,000,000
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"AGH! MURDERORS!"

Avery Crusher struggled to fight off the press of bodies, which were holding him down. He couldn't escape, and the bullet wound in his shoulder felt like it was on fire.

"Hold him still!" one of the figures around him shouted. "I've almost got it!"

Avery felt something go into his shoulder and he cried out, fighting desperately, but to no avail. The object inside of his shoulder dug around for a moment and then came back out with the bullet clamped between its two tongs.

At last, the bodies moved away and Avery slumped down against the bed on which he had been laid, breathing heavily. One of the figures, a woman, returned a moment later with bandages and disinfectant for his shoulder.

"Stupid...doctor..." Avery gasped as she worked. "...tried to...kill me..."

"It's your own fault for not taking any sedatives," the doctor snapped back. "If you had just let me give you a shot, you wouldn't have felt a thing. And my family wouldn't have had to come in and help me hold you down!"

The doctor's family, which consisted of her husband and two teenage sons, glowered at Avery as they left the room.

"Yeah, well, I hate needles," Avery muttered, having steadied his breathing. "Besides, if you think I'm crazy enough to get sedated in a town where bandits randomly attack ships, you've got another thing coming."

The doctor sighed wearily as she removed her gloves. "It doesn't matter. The sooner you leave, the better. I'm going to go downstairs to tell your girlfriend that the operation went fine."

"She's not my..." Avery started to say, but he was cut off by the door slamming shut behind the doctor.

Avery sighed. Who was he kidding? It was true that she wasn't his girlfriend, but that didn't change the way he felt, or the way he hoped she felt. Either way, he would be seeing her again in about a minute or so without the rest of the crew around to get in the way, which was a sweet bonus.
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:27 am

A few moments later, Arianne opened the door of the doctor's surgery room, her eyes full of anticipation. 
She smiled at the sight of her companion, glad to see that the trials of surgery hadn't completely taken their toll on him. 
  "Ah, you're awake..."
The scientist suddenly started to blush quite a bit, hit by the fact that Avery was sitting before her with no shirt on. He had a finely sculpted body, obviously crafted from years of hard work. 
And what an Atlas-esque phisique that had been created! 

Internally she felt herself swooning and squealing like a schoolgirl, eager to please and impress her first crush. 
However, externally, she struggled to keep her cheeks from turning fuschia. 
Despite her dry mouth, she managed to start talking again. 
"The doctor told me to leave Lawrence outside in the yard." Arianne smiled. "But I'm sure he's eagerly awaiting your return."
She blinked a little, tilting her head as she approached him, in rememberance of what the doctor had told her. 

"She also mentioned that there was some kind of struggle...?" 
Arianne placed her hand lightly upon Avery's undamaged shoulder, in a reassuring gesture- hoping that he wasn't still in shock. For a brief moment, the feel of his bare skin, warm and firm beneath her's, silenced her. 
Her concerned blue eyes met his silvery ones. "Are you alright? How was it?" 
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:13 pm

"It was..." Avery paused, looking thoughtful. He wondered if he should act tough and just shrug it off, but no, that wouldn't be right. "...it was completely horrible," he finally admitted. "Hurt like nothing I've ever felt before. But hey, it's over now, right? No big deal." He grinned at Arianne and reached over to place his hand on top of hers. "Thanks for your concern." Then he turned his head, while still holding onto her hand, and glared at the doorway before saying loudly. "As for the struggle, well, I didn't exactly have any sedatives."

"THAT'S BECAUSE YOU REFUSED THEM YOU MORON!" came the loud and violent reply.

Avery ignored the words and looked back at Arianne. "Oh, and thanks again for sticking around," he said. "It means a lot to me."
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Arianne listened to Avery, admiring his humble honesty and giving him a soft, sympathetic smile following the doctor's outburst. 
She admired the fact that he wasn't playing the role of the typical macho "I-feel-no-pain" man nor the role of a pitiful "wounded soldier."

"I wouldn't like to be sedated either. One in one hundred thousand people are anaesthetically aware- sedatives paralyze them but don't knock them out..." She shrugged. "I suppose I've always been paranoid that I'm one of them..." 

Arianne felt something flutter in her chest the moment that Avery put his hand over her's. She couldn't control a feeling of glee regarding the fact that he didn't seem to dislike the feeling of her touching his skin. 
She gently spread her fingers, lighty stroking the skin beneath her fingertips to comfort him further before slipping her hand away and taking up his shirt from one of the doctor's side tables. "And you don't have to thank me. I didn't mind waiting for you, Avery."

"How about I buy you dinner at the inn across the street after this?" Arianne suggested, lightly draping the shirt around his broad shoulders and helping him to re-dress. "Would that improve your mood? The Hook's Head is also the only inn in town that allows pets..." She added with a smile. "I've checked."
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 2:05 pm

Trying not to show his disappointment when she took her hand away, Avery used his good arm to pull the shirt down.

"That sounds good," he said. "But shouldn't I be the one buying you dinner?" Then, blushing, he said quickly, "That is, if this was a date, which I guess it isn't, but if it was..." He cleared his throat. "Ummm...never mind. Let's just go."

He slid over the too side of the bed and slipped his feet into his shoes, which had been taken off for the operation. Lawrence, he knew, would be freaking out right now, having been left outside. That dog hated being by himself.

Avery headed for the door and was just reaching for the handle when it opened from the other side. Fortunately for Avery, the door opened away from him, otherwise it might have struck his damaged shoulder.

Standing there in the doorway was the doctor. Hands on her hips, she glared at Avery.

"If you were any other patient I would order you to stay in bed for a day or two," she told him. "But I think we can make an exception in your case." She stepped to the side and pointed off down the hallway. "Go. Just make sure you do get some rest. Your shoulder is a long way from being usable again."

"I will, ma'am," Avery replied. Looking back at Arianne, he too stepped to the side, waving her on with his good arm. "After you."
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 8:26 pm

Arianne blinked, taken slightly aback by Avery's statement.
Suddenly a mixture of awkwardness and embarrassment washed over her.
It was the shameful truth that although she had been raised in the world of social pleasantries and her scientific knowledge of the world was extensive,...she knew nothing in the field of courtship or dating.
"Romancing men and going out was always Elsinora's schtick," Arianne mentally reminded herself, cringing at the memory of her rather promiscuous twin sister.
She had no idea what people were supposed to do on dates, let alone how she had just almost, partly-asked Avery on one.
An odd thought struck her then and there.

The reason for her never wanting to date before was simply that she had never met a man whom she actually would choose to date (over reading a good book in her room) before.
Avery was different to any man who had ever brought up such matters with her before- certainly not a gangly, stuck-up marine ensign, a boorish, atheist elderly officer that her mother had arranged for her to be with or a sleazy, secretive friend of her father's (who was probably far too close to Cipher Pol or the World Government for Arianne's liking).

The blonde scientist raised her eyebrows at the doctor opening the door and her fair eyebrows further disappeared up into her hair at the doctor's words. She honestly couldn't tell whether Avery was lucky or terribly misfortunate for being discharged so early.
Either way, it meant she got to spend more time with him- so, guilty as it made her fee, she wasn't complaining.
She gave the doctor a faint, cordial smile and bowed to her.
"Thank you very much, senora. Your skills are greatly appreciated. I hope we haven't been too much trouble...Good day."

She smiled to Avery, walking out at his beckoning and acknowledging his gentlemanly gesture with a gentle nod.
Swallowing a little, she looked to him as the walked back outside again.
This was going to be nerve-wracking for her- but in her quest for knowledge (and under the undeniable pressure of her blossoming feelings for Avery) it was something she felt that she had to do.

"Uh...Avery?" she began quietly. "About what you said a moment ago? W-well...I....if you don't...and I just...I didn't mean...I, well....what I really mean is that...I wouldn't mind if we really did...because, well...I just don't...but I do..." Arianne snapped her mouth shut, mentally slapping herself. She was often awkward but normally never THIS tongue-tied and red-faced, even when speaking to the opposite sex!
Taking a deep breath and abandoning all attempts at maintaining a professional, cool and calm tone, she began again.

"I apologize. I'm really useless at this...About what you said inside the doctor's office; I didn't know that it is customary for a man to buy dinner when a man and a woman "go out", so to speak. That's because...admittedly, I've never been on a date before..." She gave a soft, humourless laugh. "You'll have to forgive my ignorance to such matters." She looked down a little, taking her spectacles from her nose and letting them hang from the chain around her neck. "But that's not to say, I'd not like to go on a date. If with anyone..." She swallowed again, deciding to be inspired by her companion's previous boldness. "...I'd rather go out on a date with you most of all. So, forgive me if this is improper...but perhaps we could make this dinner a "date"... and you could help me understand the customs and practices that usually take place on such an outing..."

Arianne looked up at Avery, managing a small, pink-lipped smile. "After all, as I've said...I'm always looking for new information...to learn about new things...and if the offer's still open..." A deep crimson, almost the same shade as her coat, started to rise in her cheeks. "

"...I'd like to have my first date with you."

Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 1:40 pm

Avery blinked in surprise, looking over at Arianne as she spoke. He was, in part, surprised that she was asking him to help her with learning how to act on a date, but mostly he just couldn't believe that she had never been on one before. Nice girl like her...he had been sure that boys would have been buzzing all around her. Not that he could talk seeing how he hadn't really spared much time for females while he was growing up. Though there had been that one girl...but she had left him not long after they had gotten together, and that had turned him off of the whole dating scheme.

Avery cleared his throat and started to speak...but at that exact moment, Lawrence plowed into him, knocking him on his back. The dog stood on his chest and started licking him all over his face. For his part, Avery was glad to see his dog, but not when doing so ruined the moment.

"Blasted...stupid..." Avery grumbled, fighting to push Lawrence off of him. "THIS ISN'T COOL, YOU DUMB MUTT!"

With a final shove Avery extracted himself from the overeager bloodhound and came back to his feet. He realized, with not a little embarrassment, that his hair had been messed up and he had dog slobber all over his face. Gross...

"Ick," Avery muttered. He glared at Lawrence. "Disgusting creature. You better pray that this restaurant has somewhere for me to clean up otherwise we just might go somewhere you can't come into." Lawrence, of course, looked the picture of innocence, standing there wagging his tail. Avery looked over at Arianne and said, "Sure, I'll help you as best I can, though it won't do you much good. I've never been on a real date myself. Just some crazy third grade dance thing. So I guess it'll be a learning experience for both of us."
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 6:36 am

Arianne studied Avery's expression carefully and slightly worriedly once she had finished speaking, wondering how he would react to her awkwardly asking him out.
She jumped a little, taken by surprise when Lawrence suddenly pounced on Avery, eagerly licking his face.

She couldn't help but smile fondly at the sight of the excited bloodhound, happily greeting his friend once again- even though he had rather killed the mood. "He's missed you dearly. You're truly lucky to have such a loyal companion..." Arianne giggled slightly, pulling a silk handkerchief from her coat pocket and moving closer to Avery. "Even if he does have a rather messy way of showing his affection..."

Placing a hand on his shoulder, she leaned up to Avery and delicately started to wipe the drool from his face, helping him to smooth down his hair. She smiled. "Don't worry. There's a washroom in the restaurant, I'm sure."
She slowed her actions, her eyes widening a little at his statement. He wasn't experienced when it came to dating? A handsome, kind, intelligent man like him?
Arianne stopped cleaning for a moment, her hand(kerchief) resting on his cheek.
"Whether you're a learned man when it comes to dating or not- you're polite, friendly and...probably the sweetest man I've ever met, so I'm overjoyed that you'd agree to this." She beamed. "And yes, it will be a great learning experience for us both." Arianne suddenly blushed when she realised that she was still cupping his cheek and coughed a little as she took her hand away. "I apologize..." She smiled nervously and added quickly. "Shall we to the restaurant now?"
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Avery once again found himself up close to her with his face little more than a few inches from hers. And her touch...it was so gentle. Like her, he blushed as well and yet again he felt the urge to kiss her. Even so, when she pulled back, he followed suit. Regardless of his feelings, an awkward situation was still an awkward situation. Though maybe that would change soon.

"Sure...let's go..." he said quietly, still looking a little dazed. He started off in a random direction, but then stopped and backpedaled. When he was once more at her side, he looked over at her and grinned sheepishly. "Um...which way is this place again?"
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 4:26 pm

Arianne smiled faintly at his sheepish expression, beckoning he and Avery to follow her. "I'd been staying here for a while before I met Captain Star. I had a chance to look for some good eating establishments...I particularly liked this place. I haven't eaten here or anything...but I think the atmosphere is rather nice..." She looked down at Lawrence with a smile. "And they allow pets."

She walked with Avery to a small resteraunt at the head of a side-street, pushing open the smooth, polished ebony wood door and walking inside, holding the door open for her two companions. There air inside was warm and laced with the smell of food, the lighting low and setting the wooden floors and tables agleam.
It was a relatively quiet place, the occupants sitting mainly in couples, quiet and speaking in a low murmur of chatter, to a soundtrack of clinking glasses and the occasional scrape of a chair.

Arianne spoke to the waiter, asking to have them seated in a booth as not to have the condition of Avery's arm compromised by a clumsy patron or unfortunate waiter(ess). The server was a good-humoured, not seeming to mind Lawrence's presence.
Once seated, Arianne unfolded the menu, looking to Avery. "Were you in Windmill Village long before we met? The problem with bandits here, certainly makes the area hazardous..."
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:20 pm

Avery trailed after Arianne, for the most part listening to her as she talked. When they reached the restaurant and she opened the door for him, a small smile appeared on his lips and he gave her a half-bow as he said, "Thank you, dear lady." Lawrence rolled his eyes at the theatrics as he crossed the threshold ahead of his master.

Avery took note of how Arianne handled the waiter and had them seated at a booth where he wouldn't get wacked on his bad arm. Perhaps he was being melodramatic, but he felt that at that moment, his heart melted and a warm feeling spread throughout his chest. Mentally he ordered himself not to mess this up. After all, where else would he find a girl like this? Someone who seemed so...so...perfect.

When Arianne took her seat and asked him about when he had come to the island, Avery remained standing. He still had to wash up.

"No, I came to this island just before we met," Avery replied. "And before that I was out traveling the seas. Almost joined another pirate crew too...but they worked better as a two person show and they had some personal issues to work out between them. So, obviously, I didn't take that opportunity." He grinned. "I guess I could say fortunately as well. Excuse me for a minute, please."

With a stern look towards Lawrence, silently ordering the dog to behave, Avery left and went to the washroom. It didn't take him long to clean up his face and to fix up the parts of his hair Arianne had not managed to get. A minute later, he was back, slipping into the booth across from Arianne. He flipped open his menu and scanned it briefly before glancing back up at Arianne.

"So, why did you come to Windmill Village in the first place? I mean, you don't need to answer that if it's anything too personal...I'm just curious."
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 4:37 pm

Arianne looked up at Avery over the top of her menu.
For a brief moment, his question didn't even register in her mind properly. All she could think about was how the man sitting across from her was so different to any man she'd ever known.
He was so...thoughtful, courteous but far from timid or vulnerable. His quiet politeness, sensible manner of thinking and gentlemanly habits dominated his words and actions.
Arianne silently recalled the seven suitors that she had turned down, fleetingly fantisizing about how things may have bee different if Avery had been one of them.

She sharply forced her mind back down to earth and shook her head, smiling faintly. "Ah, no. I've no reservations about telling you."
Arianne silenced herself as they both ordered and continued her monologue after the waiter left. "My foster father recommended this area to me. He started off here when he was just after becoming a pirate. He met most of his Nakama here too..."
She shrugged. "The idea of seeing the world intrigued me as I had a rather strangled upbringing. My first father was a merchant. My second was a marine officer. I never thought I'd turn out a pirate..."
Arianne gave a bemused smile and then added in a quiet voice. "If it isn't to bold of me to say...I'm rather glad that you didn't join with that crew..." She looked down, blushing. "I mightn't of had the pleasure of meeting you..."

The waiter placed their food dishes on the table, bidding them bon appetit and leaving promptly again.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:04 pm

"Why should that be too bold?" Avery asked, cocking his head on one side and giving her a slight smile. "After all, it's the same reason why I was glad I didn't join the crew...except, vice-versa, since I obviously didn't have to meet myself." He paused for a moment to take a bite of his food and then exclaimed, "This is good! Try it, buddy!"

Taking a small portion of the food, he held it over Lawrence's head. The dog opened his mouth and caught the food when Avery dropped it. He let out a quiet bark of approval and wagged his tail happily.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Derek Slavo stood on the edge of a building, overlooking Windmill Village. His hands were clasped behind his back and his halberd sat with its blade sticking down into the ground beside him.

One of his bandits approached him, head bowed in reverence to his leader. "Sir," the bandit said. "The main crew has already left the island. However, we have located two of them who remained in the town. These two are currently eating a restaurant." The bandit shuffled his feet awkwardly. "Er...and, the one who saw them says that she thinks they are...on a date."

"They remained in town?" Derek repeated mildly. "Sounds like these two are not part of the crew. Hmmm...maybe they are not pirates like the others. Regardless..." He reached down and pulled his halberd out of the building's roof before turning around and striding past his subordinate. "...let us see if we can turn this 'date' to our advantage."
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Arianne continued to smile gently, silently thinking "Wow, this is the most I've ever smiled in public before...."
She reached down to pet Lawrence's head, feeding him some of her own main dish too as she spoke. "You're lucky to have such a loyal companion...and even a dog in general...I was never allowed have one when I used to live with my mother. Eric had a few cats and a parrot called Binks. But I've always loved dogs the most. They're such intelligent, empathetic creatures..." She blinked and added quickly. "Eric is my foster father's name, by the way. If you don't mind me asking, how did you and Lawrence meet?"
-------------------------------------------

The manager of the restaurant frowned at what one of his waiters who had just arrived into work had just told him.
"You saw Slavo on one of the buildings outside town?" The man grimaced at the thought of the well-known criminal. "Let's just hope that he and his crowd come nowhere near here..."
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 6:21 am

Avery didn't answer right away. He turned his head to watch Lawrence, looking contemplative. The dog seemed to sense his mood and quit wagging his tail as he returned his master's look. Many unspoken words passed between them and slowly, Avery nodded. He mouthed the words, 'thank you' before turning back to Arianne, now completely serious.

"I found him," Avery said at last. "After my hometown was destroyed and my family and friends were...you know. I found Lawrence in the wreckage of one of the homes. Like me, his family was gone, but in his case, he was injured. So I took care of him." For a moment, a sad smile lit up Avery's features. "After that, he's been following me around and causing me no end of trouble. Though I suppose he has helped me out of a couple of tough spots...both literal and...otherwise." Lawrence came over and set his head on Avery's lap, still staring up at his master. The young man reached down with one hand, leaving the other on the table, so that he could stroke his dog's head. However, Avery's eyes never wavered from Arianne's face and that sad smile changed to one that was genuine happiness. "I never thought I could be happy again. But he taught me to live. And even though nothing can ever truly replace what was lost, I've found something better than what I had."

Derek marched openly down the street. Oddly enough, he did not have a large group of bandits with him. No, he had left them behind to organize themselves for the impending attack. He, on the other hand, was always ready and had decided to use this time to inspire fear in the people whose town he controlled.

Since most of these people had no forewarning like the manager of the restaurant where Avery and Arianne were eating, when they saw Derek they panicked. Mothers ran out to grab their children and hauled them inside. Dogs retreated to their houses and cats hissed at the man before fleeing into the shadows. Men locked doors and shut windows. Whatever was coming, no one wanted a part of it. That was how things were. Those unlucky few who had angered such a man were left alone to face the consequences of their foolishness.

Derek smiled at all of this. It was exactly the kind of reaction he wanted from them. By leaving alone the majority of the honest, hardworking community, he had built a kind of defensive wall against any rebellion. After all, when faced with the choice of keeping one's family safe and protecting your neighbor, what would most people choose? As far as he was concerned, this city was his and he had no intention of letting it slip away due to a stupid action on his part.
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:39 pm

Arianne noticed the moment of quiet empathy that passed between the dog and his master. She watched them both, silently stunned and slightly intimidated by the seriousness that her question inspired.
She was worried for a moment, that she had asked something completely out of line but felt a ripple of relief spread out through her body when Avery spoke again.

She listened to his tale, feeling tears prick at her own eyes but refusing to let them fall. Arianne felt the breath slip from her lungs at the sight of Avery's genuine smile- for some reason, it made her feel happy inside.
After waiting until he had finished, she took a breath to psych herself out and then slid around in the booth until she was sitting beside Avery.

Very gingerly, she put her hand on his shoulder. "Avery...you are a very strong man. I know what it feels like to have gone through so much. To have lost those near to you. What matters is that you survived it all...you got through it..." She smiled, looking down at Lawrence and stroking the dog's head with her other hand. "You found a lifelong companion...and while others would emerge from your situation bitter and cruel, you, Avery Crusher, are a well-mannered, kind man..." Arianne gently squeezed his shoulder, blushing a little at their closeness but she didn't move away. "People like you give me great hope." She looked up at him, her face near to his. "I'm sorry if I brought back any awful memories..."
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:12 pm

"I don't..." Avery stammered, looking into Arianne's eyes. She was so close. Too close. All of the sounds and sights around him had melted away except Arianne. He didn't even feel the weight of Lawrence's head on his lap. He could feel his heart beating harder than it had ever done before. He felt hot and cold, terrified and excited. Random signals were rushing through his brain screaming at him to either run for his life or kiss her now.* "I..." Avery never got to finish his sentence.

Derek had found them, using a couple of pictures his subordinates had given him, and he wasn't going to wait for his group to show up. His halberd smashed through the wall and came crashing down mere inches from Arianne. Not really understanding what was happening, but realizing that he was blocking Arianne's best way of escape, Avery wrapped his good arm around her waist and flung them both out of the booth. Unfortunately, he caught his foot on Lawrence, who hadn't moved as quickly, and tripped on the dog, sending both him and Arianne crashing to the floor with Arianne on top. Avery bit his lower lip as the full weight of both his body, as well as Arianne's, came crashing down on his bad arm, sending a lance of pain through him.

Derek pulled his halberd back, staring glumly at Arianne. He had been intending to kill her with that stroke. Shrugging, he swung his weapon into the wall again breaking open a hole that was big enough for him to step through, which he did a moment later.

(*That description comes from personal experience.)
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 5:48 pm

(OOC: I know the feeling. I've had it a few times before. Isn't it just GREAT when your mind and body start to fight a miniature war to win over your emotions?)

Arianne's eyes widened and she let out a shrill, breathy cry at the sudden halberd, smashing through the wall and only missing her head by a few centimetres.
Before she could even question what had just happened, amidst the flying dust and debris, Avery grabbed her around the waist with his good arm and pulled her to the floor with him in a lunge- assisting her in dodging another impending attack.

She got up quickly, feeling him grunt under her weight and immediately feeling any gratitude that had suddenly rose up inside her, turn to guilt.
Arianne decided the best way to thank her companion would be to assist him. She pushed her blonde hair back from her eyes and stood up, straightening her corset-blouse and drawing her Scarred Sabre from her belt as she moved to stand in front of Avery and Lawrence in a protective stance.
The young woman glared at the bandit, feeling fury burn in her throat and an uncharacteristic, somewhat feisty glaze came over her usually calm blue eyes.

"Who are you?" she asked Slavo, brandishing her Sabre. "What do you want with us?"

The other occupants of the restaurant had recognised Derek Slavo all too quickly and were already making a break for the exit, all screaming, shrieking and scurrying off in a panic. The staff didn't even make an attempt to force him to leave the premises- more than likely knowing what would happen if they did.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:31 pm

Derek's initial smile at the fear he had inspired in those leaving the restaurant turned sour at the sight of the young girl blocking his way. Sure, her not running away as soon as she saw him did make it easier for him to deal with her, but it didn't exactly help his image as a bandit leader. Even so, he couldn't help but admire her courage.

"My name is Derek Slavo," he replied, deciding that she deserved that much for her stupidity. "I lead the bandits in these parts." When he had stepped into the restaurant through the wall, he had ended up standing on top of the booth where Arianne and Avery had been seated moments before. He now stepped down off of the booth and planted the back end of his halberd on the ground in an almost non-aggressive position. "It has come to my attention that you and some of your friends met my boys down at the docks and the conversation didn't go so well."

While Derek was talking, Lawrence had taken up a position to Arianne's right. He wouldn't have let her stand alone even if she hadn't been protecting his master.

When Derek saw the dog, he scowled at him. Great. Now it wasn't just a woman half his size who was challenging him, but a dog as well. He was really glad he didn't have any of his bandits with him at the moment. Or maybe it would have been a good thing. Then they would see firsthand what happened to those who tried to oppose him. Fear was such a good motivator for scum like them.

There was no more time to waste bandying words. Derek had learned a long time ago to strike when his opponent's guard was down and this was as down as it was going to get after he had almost killed Arianne a few seconds ago. His body blurring at the speed of his movement, Derek brought his halberd around to try and behead her like he had done to his subordinate less than an hour before.

This time, Lawrence was prepared for sudden movements and he sprang to the side so that he would not block Arianne, should she choose to step in his direction. Then, the bloodhound followed this up by dashing around to Derek's left side. (Arianne's right)
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 8:21 pm

Arianne's eyes narrowed further as she listened to him, her grip on her sabre tightening.
"So," she replied coolly, taking a step forward and removing her spectacles with her free hand. "This is a petty battle to protect your reputation as a fiendish brute sought out with two people who did not start the attack but merely laid waste to your inexperienced subordinates? How pathetic. I hope that the Lord takes mercy on your soul."

She smiled briefly down at Lawrence, giving him a grateful blink. "Good boy." His loyalty was ever-inspiring. Arianne reacted quickly to Slavo's attack, ducking under the blow to avoid quite literally "losing her pretty head" and jammed the hilt of her sabre into his abdomen. Enough to knock the air from his lungs but not to wound...just yet.

The young woman straightened, glancing back to check that Avery and Lawrence were alright before looking back to Derek. "You underestimate me, Senor Slavo. Turn away and repent now and I promise you, no further damage will come to you...or your reputation..."
Normally Arianne would have never been willing to threaten violence upon anyone who hadn't violated her faith/compared her to her sister. But right now, her only desire was to protect Avery. She leaned down to pet Lawrence's ears and gave his master a brief, concerned gaze, laced with a kind of caring. Whenever she looked at him, an odd feeling moved through her...curiosity mixed with longing, an ache without pain...what was it?
She had no time to ponder it though. The predominant emotion that Slavo stirred in her was anger and she was more than willing to express that anger with her blade if he provoked her again. That devil. Uno diablo veridad! How dare he try to attack her and put her two new friends in danger?
How dare he come near Avery?
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:06 pm

Derek felt the hilt sink into his stomach and he tightened his muscles as best he could. The end result was that he was not doubled over, but still felt the pain of the blow. Even so, he merely shook if off and straightened as the girl went to pet Lawrence. The dog accepted the petting, but he did not let his guard down.

"My reputation won't be damaged?" Derek repeated. "HA! That's a laugh. What do you think will happen if I turn tail and run from someone like you? How much of an idiot do you take me for?" He brought his halberd back over his head and then swung it in a downward stroke towards Arianne with enough force to cut her in half from head to foot. "DEATH'S DOOR!"
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:09 pm

Arianne raised a thin blonde eyebrow, regarding her attacker with a disapproving and rather condescending posture. "A person like me? What kind of person, pray tell is that?"

She gestured to Lawrence, hoping that he'd understand her, even though she wasn't his master. "Lawrence, please go to Avery's side and make sure that he's alright. I'll handle this demon."

Arianne stepped forward, anticipating the coming attack but still seizing up in shock, all the same at the sight of the massive weapon slicing down upon her. She dropped down to the floor, ahead of the weapon's swing and brought the jagged edge of her sabre across Slavo's shins in a single, fluid cut.
" Picadura del Sable!"*
She delivered the blow before springing to her feet once more. "Ahh-ha!-"
Arianne gritted her teeth in pain, realising that the death's door attack, while it hadn't got her head, had left a gash on her upper back, the torn white blouse now slowly turning scarlet.
All the same, she stood firm. "The kind of idiot who is consumed by sins of pride and greed and wrongly misreads his opponents..." She took up another fighting stance.

*"Bite of the Sabre"
(James, you have the right to hate me Sad I'm taking so long to reply to the PM. I'll try my hardest to get it sent tomorrow. I have some seriously deep KH and Naruto views to share! As well as random useless info! Smile)
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:16 am

(I don't hate you for taking your time! Smile I was actually more afraid that when you did send it, the system might mess up somehow and I wouldn't receive it.)

Derek cocked in eyebrow and looked Arianne up and down. "Do you really have to ask that question?" He flung himself back to avoid the slash, stumbling and almost falling on the booth behind him. "You're half my size. Maybe less." He spun halberd at his side, preparing to strike. "I know power isn't always dictated by size in this world, but it still looks bad on my record to lose to some punk kid with a toy sword. Especially if my gang shows up in time to see it..."

As always, Derek began to pick up speed as he stepped in to strike, this time aiming to cut Arianne on her side. Just as he did, however, Lawrence made his move. The bloodhound had not listened to Arianne, but continued circling around Derek. He now leaped forward and sank his teeth into the unsuspecting man's hand. Derek cried out and flung the dog away. Lawrence yelped as he slammed into a table set for three, but he was on his feet, snarling, only moments later.

Derek backed off once more, this time he really did fall over the booth, but he turned it into a backwards roll and came back up within a second. Derek wasn't quite as eager to jump in as before. The girl was much stronger than he had originally anticipated and the dog was a complete wildcard. Then there was the boy...wait, where was he? The space he had previously occupied behind Arianne was now empty. Avery had, for all intents and purposes, vanished without a trace.

Avery hated leaving Arianne like that. When he had seen her get cut, it had felt like someone had laid a blade against his own skin. He had wanted to rage and rip Derek limb from limb, but then, as Avery had been coming to his feet, he had heard the part about Derek's gang. If the man was to be believed, they were on their way and Avery couldn't take the chance that they would step in and turn the fight in Derek's favor.

It was a good thing Avery had left the restaurant when he did. For as he was stepping out of it, he caught sight of the first row of bandits, marching towards the restaurant. Avery reached back and drew his staff. It would be difficult to fight with only one arm, but he would have to even if he...no, he COULD manage it. And he would defeat every single one of these before him.

One last time his thoughts turned back to Arianne and his dog, Lawrence. "Forgive me," he whispered. Then he charged.
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:34 pm

(Thank you so much, once again, for your patience. Smile I've managed to take some time out to finish and send it! Very Happy)

Arianne had not anticipated Lawrence's sudden attack but was extremely grateful for it, taking the chance to redraw her sabre as well as making sure that her bow and quiver of arrows- attached to the inside of her coat-were well within her access.
She glared at Slavo, not liking his discourteous slander one bit and his attack on Lawrence infuriated her- though thankfully, the dog was alright and willing to continue to battle. She commented icily in reply. "Punk kid? I'm eighteen years old. I've been betrothed to men older than you..."
Somewhere beneath all of her rage, a ripple of indigancy ran through her.

However, she had no time for schoolyard insults. This man had sinned. She had given him a chance to run away and repent but he had refused it. Now, he was a threat to her life, to Lawrence's and to Avery's.
There was nothing else for her to do but fight.

Using her knowledge of biology, Arianne calculated the location of the base of his sternum in his ribcage and immediately dived forward after Lawrence's attack, getting close to the brute's chest.
"If I'm close enough," she told herself. "He won't be able to decently swing the halberd to hit me without cutting into himself..."
She pulled out her sabre, lifting it to plunge into his abdomen. "Cascada rojo!!" *

Suddenly she froze, noticing out of the corner of her eye that Avery was gone. Where was he?
Arianne started to panic, completely forgetting her previously called attack.
Had he been abducted?
He had hardly just left her...no, Avery wouldn't do that.
Slavo had mentioned other bandits from his gang coming...no...no, he couldn't have...
Arianne swallowed. All she could do was silently pray that somehow, he had gotten away by a miracle and was now safe.

She pulled herself back to reality, remembering the deadly situation that she herself, was in. She continued the attack, though her movements had been greatly slowed- certainly enough to take advantage of.

*"Red Waterfall"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)   Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serious:"Brief Interlude" Chapter for Avery Crusher and Arianne Greyson: "Just What the Doctor Ordered- Separated from the Crew, in Windmill Village" (Open to James. D Cook)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next