One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught Empty
PostSubject: 'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught   'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:57 pm

Name: 'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught

Bounty:
1st: 1,000: For escaping from the Marines when his entire family was supposed to be killed.

Species: Human

Allegiance: Squall Pirates

Home Village/Ocean: Azeal Island/Grandline

Appearance: Daniel is a white male who stands at five feet and eight inches. His skin is well tanned and, for the most part, unblemished, though he does have a couple of scars on his forearms. He has dark brown hair, which is not especially long, but since he leaves it be most of the time, it is very messy. As for his eyes, they are a simple hazel. Daniel is thin and he does not appear to be overly muscular, despite his great strength. That aspect of his physique combined with his height leads many to underestimate him.

Daniel's clothing is simple: He wears whatever is appropriate for the climate and occasion. For the most part though, he wears a sleeveless, dark blue shirt, tan pants, and brown boots.
Spoiler:

History: Daniel was born in the town of Bellford to June and Benjamin Haught. To the world, he was just another young boy. He went to school, made decent grades, and had a fairly ordinary home life.

Each year, Daniel's parents took him and sailed to a nearby island called Azeal. Azeal was a wild place, one that people didn't exactly avoid, but one that few landed on because of the dangerous wildlife. However, Daniel's parents were not afraid. They had even built a small cottage out there in the woods. Personally, Daniel could not understand why people thought the island was dangerous. He never even saw any dangerous creatures and if any animals bothered his parents, Daniel never knew about it.

When he was ten, Daniel began to look into the possibilities for his future. There were many choices, of course, but the only ones that interested him were the most dangerous ones. He briefly considered being a pirate, but decided against it because he didn't want to lost his chance to return home. He also looked into the revolutionaries, but he didn't quite agree with them. Then he looked into the Marines. Marines, he decided, were the kind of people he could relate with. They protected people and kept the world safe. So he focused all his studies on becoming one of them. This was a big deal for Daniel, who wasn't really the kind of person to focus on any one thing for a long time.

At the age of twelve, Daniel joined several different martial arts schools and began to train with them. His parents, knowing full well about his obsession, offered to teach him some fighting techniques of theirs. Daniel hadn't even realized that his parents could fight, so even though he agreed, he didn't really expect them to know very much. He couldn't have been more wrong. It only took one training session with his parents for Daniel to figure out that he was wasting his time at the martial arts schools and he quit those and began training full time with his parents.

Within the next four years, Daniel had become much more powerful. He took down the star students of each of the martial arts schools with practical ease. He was receiving all kinds of offers from organizations to fight in tournaments or join fighting groups, but he ignored all of these. Why should he give up some of his precious training time to fight in a tournament or join another school when he had the best two teachers already? At least that's what he thought.

Daniel's life took a downward turn when a couple of reporters got a little bit to nosy into his family life. They discovered that Daniel's mother was an ex-pirate with a bounty of twenty-eight million. So they contacted the Marines.

The Marines that came were led by a Commodore who believed in absolute justice. He fully intended to kill the whole family. Fortunately for Daniel, his mother and father managed to hold off the Marines long enough for him to escape. Before leaving his home, Daniel's mother had shoved a small chest into his hands and told him to go to Azeal Island and wait there for them to arrive.

To make a long story short, Daniel did as his mother said and went to the island. He stayed in the log cabins his parents had built on the island and he waited, but his parents never came. Daniel held out the hope that they would come for almost a year. He didn't even open the chest his mother had given him during this time. Instead, he continued his training and grew even stronger, especially as the animals on the island would come and attack him now that his parents were not there. Turned out they had been protecting him this whole time from the animals. Finally, Daniel gave up on them and he mourned for them. Two days following this he went to the chest and opened it. Inside was a map of Azeal and on one part of the map was an X. Daniel went to where the X was and he dug up another chest, this one larger than the previous one. Inside of this one was a note and a fruit.

The note said:

My Dearest Daniel,

If you are reading this, it means that either something has happened to me or you have stolen my map and tracked down this chest on your own. I can only hope and pray that it is the latter. I'm sorry for never explaining things properly to you before now and I wish I had had more time to do so. Your father might be with you and he may have already told you the truth, but I doubt it. If I am in danger than it probably means your father is as well. He always was foolhardy that way. Throwing himself into danger to protect others even when he is completely outclassed. It's one of the reasons I love him so much.

Anyway, I digress. The truth is this: Your father and I were both pirates at one time. We were even part of the same crew. I was the First Mate and your father was simply one of the crew who served under our captain.

If you are not already sitting down, please do so now. You see, back then I did not love your father as I do now. I loved another man. A man who had brought excitement and the promise of great wealth into my life. Do you remember how I told you once that my father was a farmer? What I did not tell you, was that I had always wanted more than that. I wanted something better. Then I met the captain. He was the one I loved. We were married only a few months after our first meeting and after that, we sailed the seas together, fighting pirates and Marines side by side. At the time, I thought those were my golden years. I was having the time of my life.

Then the captain was struck down. The crew broke apart soon after and I was left alone. I continued to travel the seas, but it was not the same. Time passed so slowly and it was pure agony to keep going, but somehow I managed it. Then I found out that I was pregnant. Yes, your father is not the man who raised you, but the captain. I didn't know what to do then. With a baby on the way and with little money, there wasn't much I could do. As a former pirate with a bounty, I could never return home.

And then I met your other father. The man you call your father. He had not had a bounty and so it was easy for him to simply reintegrate himself back into society after changing his name. He recognized me and gave me a place to stay and food to eat. It was difficult to hide something like that from others for a long time, so he and I were married and the rest of the story you know because you were there every step of the way.

So that is how it is. Please forgive me for not telling you these things before. I kept quiet because it would not have changed the way we raised you. Besides, I couldn't take the chance that you would talk about it.

What happens now is up to you. I will not try to influence you one way or another with a foolish final request. All I will ask is that you live your life to the fullest.

My love goes with you always,
June Haught

P.S. The fruit in this chest is what is called a devil fruit. Please think of it as your real father's legacy and his gift to you.

Understandably, this gave Daniel a lot to think about. He had already decided that he would not become a Marine, even if that were still possible. Instead, he decided that he would return to his first plan. He was going to become a pirate.

So Daniel ate the devil fruit, which turned out to be the Kaze-Kaze no mi, and he gained the ability to manipulate air. Daniel practiced with this ability and learned how to wield it in many different ways. He even developed it and mixed it with a martial arts style his parents had taught him.

He has now set the date of his departure. He decided that on his eighteenth birthday, he would go and strike down his parents' killers and then set sail as a pirate captain. Even though he knew that many other great fighters, like the Yonkou, existed out in the world, Daniel was going to press onward and become the greatest there ever was.

(Look up the oneshot, "The Legacy of a Pirate: One Storm Ends as Another Begins" for more recent events.)

Personality: Daniel is a light-hearted individual most of the time, though he lacks any real trust in others due to his forced isolation for two years on Azeal Island. Despite this, he is incredibly loyal and protective of those under him. As a captain, he is not overbearing, but neither is he a wimp who lets himself get beat up for no reason. Instead, he tries to find a middle ground in the two extremes. Ultimately, he deals with his crew as best he can and tries to be a good leader, though he lacks any real experience. Because of this, he is often open to suggestions and willing to hear others out, especially when a matter lies within their area of expertise. Towards anyone outside of his crew, Daniel is tough, but reasonable This can vary on how the other acts towards him. Daniel does have a soft spot for children, though he isn't always sure what to do with them. As matters of interest more than anything else, Daniel's favorite color is dark blue and his favorite food is spicy, beef enchiladas.

If Daniel has a flaw, it would be that he rarely trusts people. He may act like everything is fine and dandy while at the same time he is keeping a close eye on the other person's every move.

Ship: 'New Dawn': A small sailing vessel which has only one sail, one deck, and a small cabin that can hold three people comfortably. There are no cannons.

Ship Flag: A skull with two tornados behind it, replacing the crossbones.

Devil Fruit: Kaze-Kaze no mi
Type: Logia
Effect: Allows the user to manipulate air.

Special Abilities:

Strength: Daniel's strength belies his size. He is actually very powerful, much more than the average human.

Endurance: Daniel's endurance is much higher than one might think. He can take a lot of hits and keep on moving.

Martial Arts: Daniel has had some training in the martial arts most of which he has converted into a style all of his own, which he calls the 'Wind Dancing' style.

Learned Techniques:

1. Kaze-Kaze: Jet Stream: Daniel throws a punch and adds to its power by pushing it forward with the air around it. Should this not reach his opponent, Daniel can fire off a small blast of air from his fist, which feels like an ordinary punch, should it connect.

2. Kaze-Kaze: Air Sickle: Daniel crosses his arms across his chest and then slashes them outwards, unleashing a blade of air that covers the length of the slashes of his arms.

3. Kaze-Kaze: Wind Sword: Daniel points all of his fingers on one hand straight forward, making it look like he is about to karate chop someone. Then, when he swings his hand he makes the air directly in front of his fingers change into a blade so that anything that comes near the front of his fingers is cut or knocked aside without him directly touching them. This is strong enough to block regular sized swords, such as katana, but nodachi, broadswords, and buster-level swords are too heavy for it to block completely.

4. Kaze-Kaze: Wind Knives: This is the same as the Wind Sword attack except Daniel spreads out his five fingers and slashes with five miniature blades of wind, like claws. However, this cannot be used to block swords unless all five are used in conjunction. It can, however, be used to block knives or other small bladed weapons.

5. Kaze-Kaze: Gale Hammer: This is the same attack as Jet Stream, except it is a kick instead of a punch.

6. Kaze-Kaze: Storm Leg: A copy of the Marine's Rankyaku. Daniel does not possess the physical strength to use the technique on his own without his Kaze powers, but he is working on that.

7. Kaze-Kaze: Slipstream: This technique grants Daniel the ability to move at an almost soru level of speed. While it does not quite compare, it is a continuous boost, though a much more wearing one. The basic idea of the technique is that he pushes himself with the air around him as he runs.

8. Kaze-Kaze: Devastation: Daniel unleashes a close-range blast of wind in all directions. This does little to no damage, but can be used to push people back from Daniel, giving him a little extra breathing room.

9. Kaze-Kaze: Carnage: Daniel creates a gust of wind in front of him that is strong enough to push a person or persons back. However, this technique does not usually cause any damage other than minor bumps and bruises. Unlike the Devastation technique, this technique can be used from a distance, but only goes in one direction.

10. Kaze-Kaze: Twister: Daniel creates a tornado that is ten feet tall and five feet wide. He usually does this by first creating a small version of it just above his hand. Then he can enlarge it and let it go once it has enough strength to take on a life of its own. Any twister used in this manner dies down after the following post(s) of whoever Daniel is fighting. If the twister comes in contact with a person or persons, it has enough strength to lift them off of their feet, spin them around rapidly, and throw them back a couple of meters.

11. Kaze-Kaze: Twister Slam: This attack is based off of the concept of the Kaze-Kaze: Twister technique. Daniel creates a tornado around his body and starts spinning himself. He can then launch himself out of the tornado at high speed and body slam, kick, or punch his opponent with all of the momentum he gathered from the tornado. This attack takes a little longer to build up and cannot be easily used as a defensive technique, but it is still more powerful than either Daniel's Jet Stream and Gale Hammer techniques.

12. Kaze-Kaze: Twister Whip: Daniel changes the tornado from his Kaze-Kaze Twister technique and makes it long and thin. He can then use it as a whip to strike at his opponents. Except for the part Daniel is holding, the whip is sharp and can cut into a person's skin like a sword. Since it is so thin, this whip is a total of fifteen feet in length, making it five feet longer than the twister would be.

Weapons/Items: N/A

Goals: Daniel wants to become a famous pirate. After that, who knows?

Last edited by Daniel D. Haught on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:59 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: 'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught   'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:40 pm

Approved.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: 'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught   'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 1:18 pm

I would like to add this attack:

Kaze-Kaze: Twister: Daniel creates a tornado that is ten feet tall and five feet wide. He usually does this by first creating a small version of it just above his hand. Then he can enlarge it and let it go once it has enough strength to take on a life of its own. Any twister used in this manner dies down after the first following post(s) of whomever Daniel is fighting. If the twister comes in contact with a person or persons, it has enough strength to lift them off of their feet, spin them around rapidly, and throw them back a couple of meters. This attack can be blocked by wall-type defenses. (Ex: A wall of sand or earth.) Tekkai and other hardening-your-body abilities keep a person from being damaged, but doesn't keep them from being thrown. Strong wind-based attacks could stop it. Seastone would, of course, cancel it out. Other than that, one must dodge it.

Last edited by Daniel D. Haught on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught   'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 1:50 pm

[edited]

Actually, I think you should specify to what extends you can use the attack, since it doesn't clear say so. And also specify if resistance is possible, since you don't say so.
thanks.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: 'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught   'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 6:33 am

I've edited it. However, I don't want to give all the ways it can be used because I have at least three other attacks in mind that will be added later that use the twister as a starting point. As for weaknesses, I went ahead and put a list of the more obvious ones on it. I was just thinking people could figure that one out on their own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught   'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:44 am

Now it does seem fine to me.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: 'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught   'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:48 pm

I would like to add this picture to this character.

'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught Tek4e7b4a78cf6d61304975
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught   'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:16 pm

ok, approved
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: 'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught   'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 3:37 pm

I would like to add this attack to this character.

10. Kaze-Kaze: Twister Slam: This attack is based off of the concept of the Kaze-Kaze: Twister technique. Daniel creates a tornado around his body and starts spinning himself. He can then launch himself out of the tornado at high speed and body slam, kick, or punch his opponent with all of the momentum he gathered from the tornado. This attack takes a little longer to build up, but is ultimately more powerful than either his Jet Stream or Gale Hammer techniques.
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

PostSubject: Re: 'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught   'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 11:14 pm

Could you please indicate how much longer is a "little" longer? A ballpark number in post(s) would be great.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: 'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught   'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 1:02 pm

There isn't a number of posts for charging up this technique. When I said it takes little bit longer, all I meant by that was that Daniel will not be using this as a split-second attack or defense whereas his other attacks such as the Jet Stream or the Gale Hammer can be used in an instant. For this Twister Slam, however, he has to take a moment to build it up, but that moment does not count as a full post.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: 'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught   'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:00 pm

I have three techniques here that I would like approved. Now, since I tried to get Twister Slam approved before and since the moderator who was looking at it didn't understand what I meant by, "This attack takes a little longer to build up", I have edited the attack to explain it better. However, I'll explain it even further right here and right now. The Twister Slam technique takes a little bit longer to build up, but that little bit longer is not a matter of posts. It basically means that I will not be using the technique as a defense (unless the opponent is REALLY far away) nor will I be using it as an especially close-range attack because it would take too long and Daniel would get hit before he could finish it. It is more of a long-range attack.

Kaze-Kaze: Carnage: Daniel creates a gust of wind in front of him that is strong enough to push a person or persons back. However, this technique does not usually cause any damage other than minor bumps and bruises. Unlike the Devastation technique, this technique can be used from a distance, but only goes in one direction.

Kaze-Kaze: Twister Slam: This attack is based off of the concept of the Kaze-Kaze: Twister technique. Daniel creates a tornado around his body and starts spinning himself. He can then launch himself out of the tornado at high speed and body slam, kick, or punch his opponent with all of the momentum he gathered from the tornado. This attack takes a little longer to build up and cannot be easily used as a defensive technique, but it is still more powerful than either Daniel's Jet Stream and Gale Hammer techniques.

Kaze-Kaze: Twister Whip: Daniel changes the tornado from his Kaze-Kaze Twister technique and makes it long and thin. He can then use it as a whip to strike at his opponents. Except for the part Daniel is holding, the whip is sharp and can cut into a person's skin like a sword. Since it is so thin, this whip is a total of fifteen feet in length, making it five feet longer than the twister would be.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: 'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught   'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:08 pm

Reapproved, sorry for the delay, Dan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught   'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'The Raging Storm' Daniel D. Haught
Page 1 of 1