One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunter x Hunter

Go down 
+7
keymaster
Dustfinger
vexthewolf
Orphan_Smasher
Fwink
Thatoneguy
Layman Iconoclast
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter x Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:17 am

shoot is down for the cound but he and knuckle are going to fight in a crator
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Hunter X Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:19 am

Well i guess that is mildly far in the fight, but the coolest thing from the whole fight is that chameleon guy.

He has awesome power!!!!

I think if he had sword skills he would be incredibly deadly.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Hunter x Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:25 am

or a gun

but yes in essance he would be usefull but not against large numbers
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Hunter X Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:27 am

Your right, he would only be useful in an assassination technique, but that would still be awesome! Hopefully we get many people to say " I will join" so that you can make the site.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Hunter x Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 5:08 pm

I gave my guy the Qigong and Movie shadow styles
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Hunter X Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:39 pm

What are/is those/that?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Hunter x Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 9:31 pm

movie shadow is a hand to hand style that sounds like something out of a bad kung fu movie. This Shaolin style teaches its practitioners to mimic their opponents movements to defeat them. When an enemy throws a punch, a Moving Shadow devotee will shift to the side slightly, so that the attack barely misses them, while throwing a similar punch at their opponent. The style, though devastating when employed correctly, is considered very difficult to learn. (it's real!)

Qugong is a bit harder to explain, it's a chi style unlike most others....... heres a video

Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Hunter X Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 9:43 pm

Interesting styles but by adding multiple techniques they would lose skill for one simple reason. If you practice only punching your punch will be a much better punch then someone who practices for the same time but practices kicks and punches. Just keep in mind that the more skills you add the worse they are at one single skill. I think that using Qugong is a great idea because it is a strong style that requires skill. My character has a unique style of fighting he created that is based on strong directed attacks.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Hunter x Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 9:49 pm

thats just it, I was able to get around it by using movie shadow, because that is not one style, its quick thinking and it has no techniques of it's own, smart huh?
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Hunter X Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 9:58 pm

That is smart but what's the purpose of using the wires when you have tonfa, and qugong. I think that having a few techniques is good but there obviously should be a limit. I think the movie shadow is clever, because you can throw off an enemy by copying them. I wish someone else would say "I will join" soon so it can start!!
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Hunter x Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:03 pm

the wires are for traps, the tonfa are a failsafe seeing as you cant use qigong or wires on a sword, the wires are allso used to extend the range of the tonfa, an opponent might avoid being hit by the tonfa but get cut by the bairly visable wire which has been tied to the end, also I have some combanation attacks planed for qigong and wires,

the movie shadow can easly be countered (but I shouldent tell you how yet) so I wanted some fallbacks

as for qigong he only has the one technique
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Hunter X Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:10 pm

That makes more sense now that you have explained it. The qugong would make a deadly combo with the movie shadow style. I have one question though, How long does it take to make a site?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Hunter x Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:16 pm

that depends on the number of categories

lets see we would need...

Rules
Announcements
Getting Started
Information (info on nen, hunters ECT.)
General Discussion
Ask Questions
Character registration
Organisations and Teams
Hunter Exams
Nen Training
Other Role Playing

and possibly some others like a place to keep your char sheet and update it so the character creation thread stays clean
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Hunter X Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:22 pm

Yeah we would need that much for sure. I think there should be something for the roleplaying, a catagory like serious, or fight, Hunter

The Hunter category for roleplaying would be a serious category for hunters only. What do you think the rule for ants would be?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Hunter x Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:26 pm

I'm sorry... what? I did not really understand that (^_^)"
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Hunter X Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:29 pm

What i meant is this. The idea of the Hunter style thread is that it is an actual event in the story line but for hunters only.

And i was curious about the chimera Ants, if you could start with one or not.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Hunter x Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:33 pm

seeing as they use nen right off the bat you can't no...

allso I dont have any more email accounts so I might redo the rule5 site... again
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Hunter X Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:35 pm

Was rule 5 the one where you create a rule and it follows the basis of what you described?

If so I'm sorry it didn't work.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Hunter x Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:40 pm

yeah well the castlevania site failed to... Apocoliptica may fail to given that that I used Hawk's email on Rule5 I am not sure which to remake
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Hunter X Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:44 pm

I can't believe it but your theory about apocoliptica seems right, I don't know why apocoliptica isn't very popular as of recently because it is a very cool concept. I think that you should wait before remaking a site because you might make a new site anyway. Apocoliptica seems like it could just be in a dry spot, but i don't know about the rule5 site.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Hunter x Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:46 pm

I will ask hawk's permission about rule5
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Hunter X Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:00 pm

So for the general discussion topic shouldn't you clean this up or make a new thread? Because the people might come to look about the possibly upcoming role playing forum and see a bunch of chit-chat. Maybe transfer over info like the character info.
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

PostSubject: Re: Hunter x Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:00 pm

well the problem in apocolyptica is there is really only one serious group, gens group of friends, if we could just get one or two more groups to start RPing, people that look at the site might actually join
BTW allister, ill have the fish dude done later today, just writing his history then im done
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Hunter X Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:02 pm

Cool, once you do we can start the serious part of the role playing, and when we do maybe more people would get interested. Also Fwink when your on are other members on? Other members that might be interested in joining the hxh forum?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Hunter x Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:06 pm

so fwink have you though of a char mine and Allister's are very well thought out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunter x Hunter   Hunter x Hunter - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunter x Hunter
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next