One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
antler

antler

Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Empty
PostSubject: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:21 am

Setting foot upon ground once again felt nice, the feeling of something solid and strong. A gentle gust of wind blew and pollen was lifted into the air and sent breezing past the many new faces to Hedge Drop island. As the new arrivals lowered their anchor and departed their ship. The pirates were a cheery bunch and newly bandaged up and stitched together all curtsey of a travelling doctor who had offered his services to them. Standing looking down into his hand in front of the pirate ship he'd just departed stood a man with a bowler hat who'd just stitched together the crew of the Mutilation Pirates. He had been happy he hadn't gotten on the wrong side of their Captain. Seeing him walk away into the distance of the town he smiled and headed his own way into town.

Hedge Drop Island was a beautiful island with Hedges acting like walls which were all around the entire town and docks whilst in the distance long stretches of green fields lay. The people were cheery even the weather was beautiful right now with the sun shining down and little to no breeze. There was a shipyard in the East and a prison in the West and up in the North was a hospital. For the past few weeks gone by thoughts of starting his own crew had entered the man with the bowler hat's thoughts and now here he was with a final decision fully formed in his mind.

Looking forward into town he thought about heading to the hospital and picking up some medical supplies since his own had ran low after all the stitching up and bandaging he had to do to help this last crew survive. He felt good that he had helped them but also at the same time felt bad for them as he knew their Captain was going to die. He had discussed it with the Captain but refused to tell his crew. The man with the bowler hat looked right and had heard about a shipyard going down there. Would be the perfect place to go an pick up a ship for his crew he thought then looked left and figured if he wanted a strong crew what better place to look than in a prison full of criminals who already have bounties. He couldn't quite make up his mind.

The man could no longer see the Mutilation pirates in the distance and wondered what their Captain had done when he first started out, he didn't know but he really wanted to. As the man raised his head and stopped looking at the item in his hand his hazel eyes were illuminated and their true colour shone through.

Introduction Box
Lyceum Tate
Doctor
0 Beli

Lyceum began walking straight on following in the footsteps of the mutilation pirates as he followed in their foot steps he saw they had headed into a bar on the left and instead of joining due to allot of invitations he headed off to the right and towards the hospital to collect some new supplies. Lyceum's mind was made up. He was going to become a pirate Captain and this is where his story of becoming a pirate would begin. He wouldn't let anyone stand in his way or put him down. He had to learn to fight and become stronger. But that would come along the way. Long after he took his first few steps as a pirate.

Last edited by antler on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://onepiecememories.forumotion.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Gil sat there on the bench near the hospital on island hurting from a cut on his arm that he got from a seashell. The doctors refused to treat him since medical help for fishmen was illegal. Gil sat down clinging to his arm in pain "Dang humans, won't even give me a simple patch job." A group of pirates came around throwing rocks at him "Go back to the seas, u freak." one said. "You don't belong here. Your fish stink is stinking up the air." Gil just sat there angry. He was ready to explode. "Leave me alone!"
Back to top Go down
antler

antler

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 7:40 am

As he approached the hospital eventually Lyceum saw a short creature sitting on a bench getting rocks thrown at him he looked injured as he noticed him clutching his arm. Lyceum was a doctor and doctors helped everyone they saw who was in need of help. Lyceum ran in front of the fishman Gil and took the rocks which were thrown at him before he shouted back at the Pirates.

"Leave him alone! What the hell is wrong with you guys?"

Lyceum looked at the pirates angrily as a stone smashed into his hat. He began to kick the rocks back at the Pirates who'd thrown them hoping to get them away from the fishman. he turned around and looked at the fishman and said to him.

"Hey your a fishman right? Whats up with your arm?"

He looked down at the cut and then up at the hospital and was curious about what had happened to him and why he was out here. With a cut looking as bad as it did he should be in the hospital.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 4:33 pm

Gill looked at the human who saved him "I don't need ur pity. Especially from a human." he said. Gill got up from the bench walking away . The three pirates weren't threatened when the pirates unsheathed their weapons toward the doctor "You think you can kick rocks at us, and get away with it. We are the superhuman trio!" One came with a spear. The other two came with swords. The three men attacked the doctor. Gill began drinking water from his gorg.
Back to top Go down
antler

antler

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 4:42 pm

Seeing the fishman get up and walk off her was a little annoyed that the guy didn't want his help and shrugged his shoulders as the Pirates talked about being a superhuman trio he gulped and shook his head. No they couldn't be super human could they.
God I hope not.

As one came at him with a spear and Lyceum gulped he wasn't exactly sure what to do and wanted to grab the spear but wasn't sure about it. As the spear got closer and closer he froze with fear. if he wanted to become a strong Pirate he would have to become stronger than this. Much much stronger. As he noticed the two other Pirates coming at him with swords he really wasn't sure what to do or even what he'd managed to get himself into. He had just tried being nice to a fishman and offered helping him and now here he was getting attacked by racist Pirates.

"Could this day get any better?" he mumbled under his breath.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 7:06 pm

Gill spit a sprout of water toward the pirate with the spear. The water bullet pierced through the tip of the spear knocking the blade off the weapon. The pirate looked shocked as his spear turned into a staff "what the heck happened?" Without the weapon, Gill figured the stranger at least had a chance, but he couldn't miss out on a fight. Gill walked toward the strange human "hey we can take them together. You fight at close range and I'll hit them from far away." He stood next to Lyceum ready to fight the superhuman trio.
Back to top Go down
antler

antler

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Lyceum nodded to the fishman when he saw the point of the spear get shot away. Lyceum reach to grab the staff and pull it free from the pirate's hands and as he tugged on it and pulled it free he held it in both of his hands tightly and looked at the Pirates breathing heavily. He said to the small fishman beside him.

"You may not have noticed this but I'm not much of a fighter. In fact I'm not one at all. I'm a doctor."

Lyceum breathed in heavily and stepped forward swinging the staff at the unarmed pirate in an attempt to hit him around the face hard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:07 pm

Gill was taken back from what Lyceum said "What you can't just come over to save a guy acting touch without knowing how to fight? You could hve gotten us both killed." Gill spit out
Back to top Go down
antler

antler

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:18 pm

"Yea well sorry I'm not much of a fighter. I plan to get better."

Lyceum saw the pirate he'd hit stumble backwards and the two pirates with swords come in to attack one brought his sword down quickly at Lyceum the other at Gill.

Gripping the pole tightly a little feared Lyceum forced the pole towards the swordsman's chest as hard as he could manage hoping to crack him in the chest. The staff made it easier for Lyceum to reach further and he was quickly beginning to like the feel of adrenaline which rushed through his body again.

He hadn't felt this feeling since his child hood be here he was now and he was loving it. The feel made him excited and he couldn't wait to do more and more. He grinned as he looked at the Pirates then passed a glance at Gill as he asked him.

"So what are you doing all the way out here in the North Blue?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Gill spat a water sprout toward the pirate's sword kocking it out of his hand. Once he was unarmed Gill punched the pirate in the face the pirate out "I was just passing through until I cut my arm on a seashell." The pirate got back up rady for more. Gill jumped upon the pirate wrapping his legs around his neck. Then began punching him on the face until he fell back down on the ground with a bunch of bruieses on his face. "what about you what are you doing here?"
Back to top Go down
antler

antler

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Lyceum looked at Gill's fighting style and was quite surprised, he hadn't expected him to be such a strong fighter due to his size but then again he was a fishman which would explain his strength. As he saw the Pirate he disarmed and took down.

Looking at the other two Lyceum swung his staff for the Pirate's legs both of them jumped and as the pole shot under their legs the one who was disarmed picked up the sword which had been knocked out of the other pirate's hand and lunged at Lyceum. The other slashed towards his side.

Lyceum spun around to the right with the staff and he smacked the staff into the Pirate's neck as hard as he could manage. As the staff made contact he saw the Pirate fall to the ground and spun the staff the other way bringing it upwards at the other Pirate's jaw. As the staff came rushing up the Pirate narrowly avoided it and felt the pole smack his ear.

Grunting in pain the Pirate lunged at Lyceum trying to attack him and was met by a staff to the throat. It stabbed into his neck and the Pirate dropped the sword and fell backwards coughing in pain as blood spilled from his neck.

"I'm here because I've just been dropped off by a Pirate crew I was travelling with. In fact I'm thinking of starting up my own Pirate crew. Although I need to pick up some medical supplies first and then get hold of a ship and crew too. In fact let me take a look at your arm and I'm sure I could patch it up for you."

Lyceum looked at the hospital and then at Gill.

"So urm.....you want me to have a look at that thing for you?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Gill relunctantly gave the doctor his arm. The cut was pretty deep and he needed it bandaged "Okay human, please help me." Gill wasn't use to doctors helping him since medical treatment was forbidden to his kind. I guess I owe you one for your help. I just don't know how do I repay you. Wait a pirate crew you say?" Gill held out his arm toward Lyceum so that he may treat it.
Back to top Go down
antler

antler

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:38 pm

Lyceum took a look at the fishman's arm and could see the wound was deep, he reached into his bag as Gill asked him to help him. He nodded and smiled at Gill and reached into his bag and pulled out a pair of forceps and some cotton buds. He soaked up the blood with the cotton buds and reached into the wound with the forceps.

"Sorry but this is going to hurt a little." he said looking at Gill

He felt around inside of the wound and could see a little bit of the seashell still in his arm closing the forceps on either side of it he pulled it out then threw the little fragment to the ground and pulled out some more cotton buds to soak up more blood which would come from it then pulled out the last roll of bandages he had and wrapped them around his arm tightly. Once he was done after the 5 second job Lyceum looked at Gill and said to him.

"No problem, I was happy to help. If you wanted to help me with something I'd be incredibly grateful if you were to help me steal a ship. I mean if I want to start off a Pirate crew I'm going to need a ship right? In fact first things first I'll get my hands on some medical supplies then you can show me the way to the shipyard where I can get my hands on a ship. That is if you want to help me though."

Lyceum looked at Gill and hoped he would answer yes that he would help him but really didn't know he never was good at reading people and especially not a fishman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:28 pm

Gill nodded his head "Of course I'll help you. Your the the first human to ever give me compassion. I at least owe one favor, and I always pay me depts." Gill stood up of course it didn't mean much since he was dwalf. He held out his hand for a handshake "My name is Gill. I'm an archerfish fishmen. I will gladly help you get a ship if you allow me to join. Is is deal?" Gill said with a grin. Gill didn't tell Lyceum that he was a former pirate. He kinda missed the life of a pirate. Besides traveling with someone is better than traveling alone especially for a fishmen.
Back to top Go down
antler

antler

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:38 pm

As the dwarfish fishman offered his hand and spoke to him Lyceum grinned unable to believe this guy was willing to join him already. He hadn't thought he'd meet someone so willing to join him so soon and his confused expression turned to joy as he quickly gripped Gill's hand and tried overpowering him as he shook his hand and replied.

"Sweet, I would be most grateful if you were to help me that would be really great. Its nice to meet you Gill. I'd love to have you aboard helping me. Of course I'll have you aboard."

Lyceum looked at the hospital doors then at Gill and said to him.

"I'll tell you what I can get some new medical supplies later. Lets just go get a ship for us. I'm guessing we'll need one if we're going to become pirates." He grinned again and looked around then down at Gill and asked.

"Urm which way is the shipyard?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 7:49 pm

Gill pointed to the east where the shipyard was "Come on friend, I'll show you." Gill picked Lyceum up with his fishman strength and placed him on his back. He ran toward the shipyard which would look werid since he was midget carrying a full size human to the public, but Gill didn't care. If one of them said something he would rough them up "I guess that means I should refer you as captain huh?" Gill stop at the shipyard where dozens of ship laid docked. Gill had never seen a ship because well it was faster to swim due to his fishman biology "Which one should we take Lyceum?......Er captain my apologies." All the ships looked the same to him. After all a ship wasn't his field. They would need a shipwright later on their journey.
Back to top Go down
antler

antler

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:20 pm

Being lifted on to Gill's back Lyceum was shocked at the midget fishman's strength. He'd heard they were strong but this strong. As he ran with him on his back Lyceum felt awkward being carried about by someone so small and saw many people looking on wards at him. As Gill stopped at the shipyard and Lyceum hopped off he heard how Gill called him Capitan and it felt good to be called Captain but he simply shrugged it off and replied to him.

"You don't have to call me Captain Gill. Just Lyceum will be fine."

Lyceum looked around at the ships at the yard and noticed a few large grand looking ones and wanted to take them but with his lack of fighting skills he didn't think he possibly could do any good in just taking one. He walked around one and looked up at it then walked around the other side of it to see Marines.

He dipped his head and sighed.

"Oh great. Just what I need Marines here right now when I am planning on stealing a ship." Lyceum muttered to himself. As he walked back to Gill he said to him.

"We're going to have to be careful about steal a ship here. Theres some Marines around there."

Lyceum headed off towards one of the large ships and looked down at the anchor. He saw a Marine walk around see him trying to climb the anchor and said to him.

"Excuse me young sir can I help you with something?"

Lyceum turned to look at him and shook his head.

"No"

"Well I don't think they appreciate it when people climb on ships here that aren't bought." The Marine replied as Lyceum continued climbing up and tried winching up the anchor.

The Marine shook his head before he dipped it and raised his left hand and pointed a single finger at Lyceum. The next thing he knew upon looking down was a gloopy ball of Magma was shooting his direction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:15 am

Gill spit out a glop of water at the magma projectile hardening in the middle of the air. The rock fell from the air into the water below. Gill quickly ran toward the marine and tired pushed him from behind on his back. The fishman planned to push him in the water below hoping to drown him. As a fishman he had the natural prowness against devil fruit users. With his ability to swim he had the natural advantage against the marine, but as a logia Gill didn't want to take any chances.
Back to top Go down
antler

antler

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:51 am

Seeing the molten rock cracking and falling apart it shattered into pieces above Lyceum and fell around him he sighed as he looked down at the Marine and Gill. As Gill tried attacking him Lyceum continued winching the anchor up as quickly as he could manage. He was quite fearful of such a large Marine with the Magu Magu No Mi and thought to himself he better get this anchor up and quick.

The Marine turned looking at Gill as he was pushed and was barely moved. Looking down at Gill he tutted shaking his head and allowed Magma to coat his fist and threw a punch aimed for Gill's chin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:07 pm

Gill was pushed back unto the ground since the marine barely moved from his spot "Holy crap your strong!" He cringed as the marine covered his fist with magma. Before the marine managed to connect his fist Gill fired two more spit bullets toward his chest. Normally these bullets would have pierced a normal person like a bullet, but since this guy was a powerful marine gill didn't know what this attack might do. For all he knew the attack could just simply knock him back or do no damage at all.
Back to top Go down
antler

antler

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:09 am

The two shots fried from Gill tore through the Marines chest and he stumbled backwards as blood formed on his chest. Lyceum saw this and with the anchor now up he grinned. Looking down at Gill who was still safe he was about to raise the sails till he felt a burning sensation. Looking up he saw some magma pouring down from the sky. Lyceum gulped and ran towards the edge of the ship and gripped the anchor. He hung dangling above the water and swung himself down towards the ground. The magma tore into the ship he had been about to steal. The Marine had managed to stand up in time and launch off many magma shots into the sky. Seeing the magma rip through the ship he was going to steal Lyceum's hope dropped.

They were going to have to kill the Marine before they got away. Without any weapons or proper fighting knowledge Lyceum gulped and looked at the Marine wondering what to do. He grabbed a hammer from a near by work bench and as the Marine flicked a small magma ball at Gill Lyceum leapt at him from behind with the hammer trying hit him hard in the head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:05 am

Gill screamed as the magma ball burned through his body. The magma ball literally burned a hole through his chest. The fishmen screamed holding his stomach. He rolled over to the right off of the docks into the water below hoping the cool down the magma before it burned through his body. The good news is that the water cooled the magma. The bad news was Gill had a gaping hole in his chest. He swam up unto the water surface "Captain jump into the water. I'll swim us away to the next island."
Back to top Go down
antler

antler

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:35 am

As the hammer came crashing down the Marine turned to look at Lyceum and saw him just in time to avoid. Stepping backwards Lyceum gulped as his momentum dragged him downwards and the hammer crashed into the ground as did Lyceum who was still clutching it desperately. Looking up at the Magma Marine he saw his mouth turn to a grin which was quickly followed by a small blob of magma being spat at him. Lyceum rolled to the side avoiding the magma as he heard Gill call out for him to climb on his back.

Looking at the midget fishman in the water Lyceum leapt to his feet quickly and rushed at the seawater. He may have wanted to get a ship but it was looking like that would have to wait. The magma Marine pointed his fist at Lyceum and shouted.

Magma Bazooka

As he shouted this 3 large shots of magma fired at Lyceum which he found himself cowardly avoiding. As he rushed there he all the sudden felt something burning away at his shoulder. Looking back he noticed a drop of magma had managed to burn through his shirt and was no burning into his shoulder.

"Hey Bowler Hat" a deep voice called after Lyceum he turned around clutching his burning shoulder and looked at the Marine.

"You won't get far" the Marine said back to Lyceum as he created a large cannon ball shaped magma ball which dripped.

"You'll see Marine."

The Marine threw the ball as hard as he could straight at Lyceum who in return simply allowed himself to fall backwards over the edge of the docks and into the water. As he hit the water and saw the magma fly over head he gripped hold of Gill's leg and pulled himself up on to his back. As his head resurfaced above the water he said to Gill a little out of breath.

"Get us out of here Gill."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]   Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prologue: Serious: The Bowler Hat Pirates: Chapter 1: First Steps [ENDED]
Page 1 of 1