One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lone

Lone

Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Empty
PostSubject: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:21 pm

Goren Island had endless rain. There was plenty smog and little sun. This was Goren, the industrial island that brought you the Pegleg 3000 and the Cannon-o-matic. Merchants flooded the island, it was like their Mecca.

A quick scan of the soot encrusted docks showed no more than Faryn already knew. The hulking half-giant towered higher than most of the people running around, causing those who bumped into him to look up in horror at the charming face that sat above a neck almost eight feet high. With a horned helmet atop his head and an ax at his side he looked like quite a character, yet his grin(that was so familiar to those women he flirted with)was set into his face like an immobile object. His steps announced his arrival with a heavy foot, yet his speed was still strong. He loped down the docks, pushing past men carrying all assortments of merchandise through to merchants on their way to interesting and odd destinations. This was indeed a salesman's paradise. Yet this was one of the most dirty islands in the South Blue if not in all the Blues, he thought offhandedly. This was not just a musing by some half-giant, it was the truth. Soot caked everything, even people had to scratch the black powder from their bodies every now and again when they were outdoors, which is why the only people who permanently live here are the poor workers and roof-runners who get payed little for the enormous amounts of work done.

Faryn simply strolled through the town, soot attaching itself to his dirty blond hair causing black spots to disrupt the golden colour. His whole body, head to toe was covered in these spots, but so were the other people. Some, like the roof-runners, were as black as night from the soot that attached itself to their bodies. Faryn realised the only way to get out of the endless assault of black powder was to seek cover, so he ducked into a bustling inn that he could only just see the name of from under the soot encrusted sign.
The Courteous Thief.

The inn was bustling with drunkards blowing their week's paycheck on booze. Faryn walked through a starting brawl, a drunkard blowing chunks and three men singing 'My love, the puppy' out of key before reaching a well kept yet old bar. A portly, greasy haired bartender with a sweat stained shirt placed a tankard on the bar near him and poured an ale. Faryn looked up and smiled, confused as he had not asked for one but ale was a favourite of his so...
He stood their, drinking and watching the goings on in this rowdy tavern.

Last edited by Trake on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:43 pm

It had been fourteen years to the day since his captain had died of that tragic disease and most days "Chef" could just play it off but for some reason every anniversary of the death he would need the drink more then usual, he chuckled as the brawl finally reached him downing a tankard of grog he stood and whipped around the black fur coat that clung to his shoulders whipped out to the side as his foot collided with the drunkard in "Chef's special kick: {reverse spin kick} He gave a dry chuckle as the man went flying out the wall of the bar that seemed to quiet the brawl for the most part, to quiet in his opinion he walked over and paid the piano man to play Bink's sake he gave a grin like he had in the old days as those in the bar who knew the song joined in peal after peal. It made him think of a time 14 years back before the bluish gray mane had white in it and before the goatee had grown and been invaded by the white as well. It reminded him of the days when adventure still tasted sweet. He regarded the tall stranger with interest as the shanty continued something about that grin made him like the man who ever he was.

[Introduction box]
["Chef" Nemo D. Coyote]
{Former First mate of the Wolfe pirates}
[Bounty: 30,000,000
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:13 am

Faryn pushed his head backwards and tipped the ale down his throat, in the same position that his picture on the wanted poster held. He flung his head back into place and dropped the tankard onto the bar, wiping his mouth as the wooden vessel shattered across the well kept oak bar. This happened all the time, especially on payday.
All the factory workers were jostling, brawling, singing and laughing. All had a beer in their hands and about five beers in their belly. This was the type of bar the half-giant loved to be in, one where all the attention was not on him, sohe watched with a grin: his eyes passing over every group of men. Suddenly, he caught sight of a different character. One that didn't fit the description of a drunk, under payed worker. He was standing near the dusty piano which the pianist now played. Over the crowds, all Faryn could see was blue-grey hair and a Hawaiian shirt. He was interested, why would a man purposefully come to this island if he was not a worker or one of the merchants(who occupied a more swanky bar uptown). The question had barely crossed his mind before he started nudging through the crowd to inspect this fellow. This may be what he was looking for, an adventurer. One who doesn't care how shitty the bar or the beer is.
A hardcore adventurer.
Faryn tried stepping around the last of the crowd that was now surrounding the piano and trying to sing with the music they had heard before, but instead he looked over the man's head(something he could do with ease) at the Hawaiian shirted fellow. He needed more hardcore adventurers to...adventure. He never quite understood what the goal of this crew idea he had in his head was, but he didn't care. He couldn't care less about 'goals' and 'dreams' unless they were names of an ale or two pretty bar maids.
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:46 am

Chefs grin grew as more people Joined in grabbing a grog bottle he started swaying in a bit with the others The song brought memories back of the old days. He drank deeply from the bottle during one of the repeats of the chorus, Before joining back in but the twin golden eyes regarded the tall viking with interest Coyote swayed back in forth in time with the others despite the two pistols on his belt and the sword slung across his back he still looked more approachable then most pirates you might find in this area. With a deep clear laugh ringing out at the good spirits of the place as the song came to an end and the crowd around the piano went back to their various activities in the bar Chef set back in a chair leaning it against the wall his feet in their getta resting on the table before him.
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 5:59 am

Faryn saw the crowd fading from the piano area so he got to work fast. A quick test of this apparent adventurer would tell if he could join the crew. Faryn shoved a drunkard who was so disorientated he wore no shirt or pants, instead he only wore some sort of over-sized diaper mainly used for sleeping in the hot climate of this string of islands. The man was grumbling about a lack of something or the other, but two large hands shoved him into the figure that sat on a chair, resting his feet on the table.
"Let's see how you handle a drunken brawl," whispered Faryn to no one in particular. His rough, northern brogue tinged with a slight cough as he tried to keep down his hysterical laughter. When you see a half naked man fall onto some stranger with a furious face and crack a bottle over the stranger's head, you couldn't help yourself.
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:18 am

Chef Coyote saw the man coming he chuckled gently, this viking was handsome bold and a bit of a prankster. He might be fun even it it was to just pass the time then he noticed the half naked islander tumbling towards him putting his foot up he caught the man in the chest letting him lean in supported by the leg. "Get your land legs mate, or you'll end up stumbling out the door sleeping in an alley way, and with the soot out there is doubtful anyone would find you for a week." He chuckled patting the islanders shoulder in a friendly manner taking another swig from the bottle, still holding the man up with one leg the other rested on the table and Chef Nemo himself still leaning against the wall.
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:49 am

Nice, a tactful evasion and a threat in the form of a joke. This guy was perfect.
Faryn kicked a brawling pirate out of the way, hearing the fellow crash into a table. He walked through another pair of rowdy drinkers before he reached the Hawaiian shirted man. A heavy hand shoved the strange old man away and Faryn took up the position at the opposite end of the table. He pushed the man's feet off the table and instead leaned onto the stained table.
"Want to join my crew?" his voice was steady and his grin had turned into a stern gaze. The promptness of his conversation was not new, he liked to get straight to the point when he needed to. His eyebrows were knitted as he waited for the reply.
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:08 am

Chef Coyote grinned slightly as the half giant approached him he was younger then coyote but not a bad looking fellow now that he had a close. look at him his outfit was different and his helm reminded him more of the The vikings of old then a pirate of now a days his grin broadened as the man sat down with a simple statement without even introducing himself. Still the Chef was interested He signaled the barkeep to bring over two large mugs of dark stout waiting for the drinks to be delivered before continuing "My my an invitation out of the blue from a bold and handsome stranger, tell me who you are my fur clad lad and I will consider your offer. he extended his mug slowly clinking the mug with the giants own before drinking it down waiting for the mans response.
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:40 am

the giant downed the contents of the mug, mumbling something about "ale being the good stuff". He slammed the tankard onto the table and drew a hand across his mouth to dispel the left overs of the drink from his mouth.
"Thanks for the complement but I only go for women," even as he said that, a grin twitched at his mouth. He was a sucker for complements.
"I'm Faryn, Faryn Bosun. Half-giant and leader of the Horny Pirates!" his rough northern brogue was enhanced to a deep growl. His eyebrows knitted and his grin grew into a more determined smirk. He used this new grin on the man who spoke to him and asked,"What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:27 am

Chef Nemo gave a chuckle signaling for an lighter ale from the east blue his own home territory chuckling at the mans comment and mumbling under his breath about the cute ones always being straight with grin (under his breath:"Damn it the cute ones are always straight")hehehe (At normal volume:"Well Captain I don't see any other unfamiliar faces in here so how many other Horny Pirates are there?" he stretched back and took his own mug of the good East Blue ale "My Names Chef Nemo D. Coyote, Former First mate of the Wolfe Pirates, nice ta meet ya."
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:38 am

"Well," he thought about it for less than a second before saying:"I count as three men...So I guess I have three on the crew."
He grinned.
"I could use a cook on a ship you know. Right now I'm eating cooked wood and old pork chop bones. I'll need a real meal every now and then!"
He laughed at his own insane rantings.
"Its nice to meet ya' too," with that he took a swig of his empty tankard and put it back down, with a frown on his face.
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:56 am

Chef Nemo drank the ale slowly savoring the taste of home. He chuckled at hearing the half giants answer to his inquiry about numbers"My my seems like I'm the first again" His grin broadened a bit hearing this captain was as hopeless in the galley as the last "How nostalgic, well i suppose I cant leave a man in your predicament. We cant very well have a good lookin guy like you wasting away to skin and bones I've just got one more thing to ask you before I decide weather or not to join you" He paused seeing the big mans frown. "Something wrong Frayn?"
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:10 pm

He looked up with a dark face.
"No more ale in the tankard."
His simple reply was supported by cursing and ranting about "not enough ale" and "where'd that bloody ale disappear to".
He was about to shout for the bartender but something caught his eye. It was lying on the floor, crumpled and dusty. Different foods and drinks were stained onto its very being. It was a piece of paper, a pamphlet. Faryn bent down to pick it up and smooth it out on the table in front of himself. He took a couple of seconds to read between the rips and stains on it, but looked up with a broad grin on his face when he had finished. "There's a picture of some beer! That should mean free food and drinks."
He smirked towards the man opposite him and handed him the leaflet, the half-giant not revealing his weakness of illiteracy.

It was in fact an invitation, discarded in this bar. It was an invite to the swanky sister island of Goren. A place with endless sun and beautiful scenery. It could not be called a sister of Goren if you looked at how different they were, but the fact that you could swim from one island to another without losing many hours meant that the two islands were regarded as a pair. This invite stated that Reginald Farrowhill-Carter of the Dunesbury Carters was having a party to celebrate hi return from the Calm Belt. This ex-adventurer was to be throwing his party on Goren's sister: Coronation Island. It was an exclusive party of only 3000 people so you had to have your invite to enter. Free drinks and food would be provided at the cost of some wig headed, rich idiot.

But Faryn didn't know any of the information he had pretended to read. His only suspicion about the free drinks came from the picture of a tall wine glass that stood next to the hand printed words.

"So, what you think?" he grinned, leaning back in his chair with his hands behind his head.
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:36 pm

the green eyes widened a bit and Chef tried not to laugh at the simple response. hehehe "Your an actual drinker that's refreshing" he motioned to the barkeep and the man came over Chef whispered something in the mans ear and plunked a rather large jingling sack in the mans hand with a grin. "40,000 beli should do it, and buy drinks for everyone oh and here's for your trouble." he plunked down a ruby about the size of a of a chickens egg in the mans other hand. Taking the invitation and looking it over while the barkeep wheeled over two barrels prying the tops off of them and sitting them beside both of them. "My my Reginald Farrowhill-Carter of the Dunesbury Carters so that brat survived the calm belt trip, I'm impressed it was all over the papers." Chef lay the pamphlet on the table dipping his tankard into the good rich ale straight from the barrel and took a long drink before stroking his streaked goatee thoughtfully "Hm well there's an event that would feed our belly's and pack our wallets, besides Swells like that have top quality booze" His green eyes measured up the half giant in front of him hehehe We even have an invitation to get into this place. I say this is one party we should attend, but tell me something kiddo before I sail anywhere with you or even consider joining your crew answer me truthfully why do you sail the seas?"
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:09 pm

Faryn's eyes only widened slightly when the ruby and money was produced. He has seen most of what the world had(or so he thought). He too leaned forward and plucked his tankard from the table, dipping it into the barrel and bringing the overflowing wooden vessel straight out and to his mouth. The ale spilled over his lip and down his chin as he hastily drank the tankard. With an empty tankard, he dropped the tankard onto the table and leaned back to wipe the ale from his face.
A few moments passed before he looked up and smiled towards Chef.
"I sail, so that I can pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my bloody heart out! On the seas is the only place someone can get some real freedom and I have made the seas my domain. That is why I sail and if you have a problem then go to hell, cause I'm not changing like those bloody marines want me to!"
He ended with a laugh and leaned back in his chair again, the ruby mysteriously disappearing into a pocket.
"Now I'd love to sit and chat but we have a party to get to!"
He hoped to his feet and and turned to go.
The his head twisted to look back at Chef.
"So, why do you sail?"
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:35 pm

The older Pirates eyes widened slightly at the mans response to his question he looked slightly shocked for a moment and then burst out laughing deep rich peals of laughter echoed throughout the bar. "Excellent that's magnificent ah now that's a dream to dream. Freedom; adventure; loot; new experiences, exotic tastes and encounters These are the things that add flavor to a mans life. Ah my lad You are the kind of pirate my captain would have loved." With one hand the Chef picked up the barrel bringing it to his lips and draining half of it in one long swig, the emerald green eyes settle on the half giant flashing with excitement and true joy. "I sail because its the only life worth living, I'm free and I'm happy every new island is a thousand new experiences to give life spice, I sail because the sea is a part of me its waves crashing is the beat of my heart I've seen allot in this world and Ive got allot more to see before I could look my captain in the face in Davey Jones locker, so I can have a million stories to tell him when I join him in the grave" He drained the barrel tossing it over his shoulder he rose walking towards the door, his black fur coat flowing behind him as he walked. He stopped a ways in front of the man. Turning back to look at him with a massive grin stretched across his face "Well are ya coming or not Captain Faryn we have a party to attend have we not?" he holds up the tattered invitation and gives a hearty laugh looking back at the man waiting for him to follow.
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:03 pm

Faryn picked up a tankard from the next table and drained it while an astonished group watched him finish their drink.
"Let's get the hell off this shitty island!" he shouted.
The worker who's drink Faryn had just stolen, stood up and looked at him defiantly.
"Listen 'ere bub! I don't make enough money to let strangers just 'take'my drinks!"
His heavy set friends all stood up.
"Well then get a real job," whispered Faryn to the shorter man.
"Like what?"asked the gangster-worker with an indignant face.
"Become a pirate!" Faryn laughed and idly gave the man an uppercut, causing him to fly over his friends and into the next table, breaking it in two.
He then proceeded to kick one of the man's startled friends into another table and push on up to the door, laughing as he went.
"Let's move it, Chef."
Faryn kicked the door open, the occupants of the once rowdy bar now dead silent. The door swung open wildly and Faryn stepped out into the rain and soot of Goren, walking slowly away from the bar.
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:23 pm

hearing the thuds behind him all that Chef was thinking and saying was... "Idiots there's a full barrel behind them already paid for and these morons want to get their asses kicked over a tankard." As Chef passed the man at the door his eyes narrowed giving the worker a warning look as if to say not to follow them as he followed his new captain out into the sooty air of the island. Chef was following him to what he assumed was the new ship he signaled for Faryn to stop along the way the way before he walked up to an abandoned building and disappeared for a moment coming out with hauling 3 massive bags that jingled and clanked each of them about the size of a large barrel booting one of the sacks to his captain he grunted slightly hefting the remaining two under his arms. "Give a mate a hand handsome, That is of you want to eat like kings for the next few years," Coyote's own long satchel also hung under his arm strapped across his shoulder it contained a few rare ingredients and the chefs pans knifes and a few bottles of gin. "There that should be everything I've been using that building as a cache/hideout while I was on this island but now that were shoving off we may need the loot." he chuckled humming Bink's sake as they continued on their way.
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Faryn stopped and waited, seeing Chef come out with heavy sacks of some sort. Faryn grabbed two of the sacks and lead the way down to the docks, the streets mainly empty as people had now made their way into bars by now.

They reached the ship, both them and the vessel caked in black dust. Faryn clomped up the gangplank and threw the sacks he carried onto the ship, hearing the clank and thud as it landed. He waited for his cook to do the same before turning back to Chef.
"We're not going to to take the ol' Courage out to the island. It might be seaworthy ship but she's seen a lot of adventure and I'll need a shipwright before I can take to the high seas again. We're going to be using the inter-island ferry that moves between here and Coronation."
He started back down the gangplank, talking as he walked.
"Just follow me Chef, I know where the ferry should be."
He kept walking, not looking back.
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 4:01 pm

After plunking the the bags onto the ship Chef straightened up poppy his back slowly following his captain back down the gangplank looking over the long ship. It was impressive but the captain was right at least one sack would probably go to restoring the vessel to its former glory. He sped up walking beside the younger man keeping his eyes pealed for any trouble that might have followed them, his steel lined geta clicking with each step as he rested his arm across the handle of one of his twin pistol.
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 4:43 pm

None dared step from the shadows. The hulking half-giant and the deadly thief were not figures to mess with and those who usually roamed the streets knew it. Faryn simply strolled through the dark alleys and gloomy streets, ignoring the rain and soot that fell in unison.

Soon they were on a main road, walking towards a large boathouse. The boat house was painted white, but the soot kept that information away from any unsuspecting onlookers. Faryn didn't care though, nor did he care for the name of the Inter-Island Transportation Service. All it really was was a ferry that couldn't even fare on a calm sea, it could only just manage on the small channel. Faryn pushed the door open, a rare occurrence, and strolled up to the bored yet pretty young receptionist that sat at the white counter top. The whole room was white and smelled of old perfume. Three off white chairs with comfy seats sat against on wall, near a table with various pamphlets, brochures and other travel advertisements. The table was also white and sized the same as an average square coffee table. The whole room had a very professional feel, even down to the blue suit jacket and tie worn by the young receptionist.
The girl looked up from a magazine and adjusted her glasses as she saw the customers. She looked up to the half-giant with a smile, a nervous one but a smile nonetheless.
"Good day sir, how may I help you?"
It was pretty obvious, the pair weren't their to sample mushroom soup or hear the opera. People only came here for one reason:
"We need passage to Coronation Island," his grin was comforting but the girl was not very comforted at talking to a half-giant.
"Sir, I regret to inform you that..."
"We know...We know. But we've got a ticket, or invitation, whatever, so we can go across right?"
"I'll just need to see it sir," her sweet voice was unwavering.
Faryn looked to Chef, who now held the invite.
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Chefs eyes flashed slowly around the room taking in the sterile yet comfortable decor of the ferry office. His gaze met the girls peering into her eyes the fear seemed apparent well well so she can spot pirates when she sees them, he thought stepping forward to the desk when he heard the girl mention the invitation at 6ft6" he still towered over the girl. his smile was friendly and disarming as he reached into the fur coat and withdrew the invitation extending it to the girl in his long clever fingers "What do we owe you for the ride beautiful" he said the disarming grin still firmly in place
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 5:13 pm

She chuckled in a monotonous fashion, well practiced and emotionless.
"Not a thing sir, if you get invited then your ferry ride is payed for you."
She plucked the invitation from his fingers and looked at it. For the first time she showed surprise. If it had not been a pair of intimidating pirates in front of her she would have denied them for having a very tattered invitation, but she simply gave a nervous smile and picked up two tickets. The tickets were then handed out, one to each man.
"Thanks and enjoy your stay!" she smiled and pointed towards a white door beyond the desk.

Faryn smiled and started walking, opening the door slowly and stepping out into the rain again, but this time it was on the other side of the boathouse and he was on a jetty. He walked over to a man who was standing in a small boat, trying to light a cigarette in the cold rain.
He shouted towards the man to get his attention and he got it. The man looked up with the unlit cigarette dangling from his mouth. He stepped up onto the jetty and walked over to the pair.
"Yeah?"
His voice was hoarse and he had a slight cough after every sentence, sometimes even a coughing fit would occur.
Faryn didn't say a word, he simply handed over his ticket and waited for Chef to the same.
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Chef chuckled but his was genuine My My so plastic you would be much prettier if you showed your real emotions and not that mask" he smiled taking his ticket from her and setting down milky white pearl in her hand "Consider this compensation in advance, If anyone asks we were never here understand" His voice and smile were still friendly but the golden eyes flashed as if in warning before turning on his heel and heading out to the jetty Chef regarded the man running the ferry his health was obviously poor but there was nothing to be done about it now so he handed over his ticket and stood waiting beside his captain
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 5:51 pm

ÿou two blighters 'll be buggerin' off ta' Swanky Island, then?"
He gave them a look over, his mind obviously too small to comprehend rascals making their way to 'Swanky Island'.
Faryn merely growled, he hated waiting for things and would've taken the Courage out if it hadn't been is such a shoddy state.
"Be'er be pushin' off then," started the old man, reverting to one of his coughing fits to keep the nervousness from his voice.
Faryn followed the old man into the boat which could barely fit the three people. Faryn waited until Chef jumped on before he gave the signal to start, and instead kept standing on the boat-looking out into the fog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 1) [Ended]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next