One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lone

Lone

Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Empty
PostSubject: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Reginald Farrowhill-Carter of the Dunesbury Carters, was a firm man. His back straight and his demeanor even more so. His words were pronounced with a professor's particularity. He was the life of the party and yet he gave his speeches with the utmost sincerity. He was the perfect host in every way. From his long face down to his finely groomed mustache. One thing he didn't have was the air of a seasoned adventurer and Faryn knew how one of those looked. They were hardened veterans like he, not the soft-story telling pansy that now engaged the crowd with a tale about him and a sea king. This man didn't look like he could battle a wounded guppy but this didn't stop Faryn from laughing heartily, causing the attention to be drawn to him. Most of the people that were chatting in the lower, yet extremely grand, hall of the Palm Residential Resort. This was the enormous resort that took up a large percentage of Coronation Island, an island with sunshine and happiness all year around.

Faryn Bosun and his crew mate, Chef Nemo Coyote, traveled to this island seeking adventure. They reached the dock in an old rowboat and forced their way through reception with a crappy invitation too dilapidated to be used, yet no one talks back to a half-giant and a middle-aged thief. Faryn made his way into the first of the terraced grand halls. This was the lower, several others were placed above. Pools, swanky bars, lounges and entertainment facilities.

The crowd stared at Faryn, then Reginald himself waked over.
"My good sir! I do believe I have never seen a young 'un with such long shanks!"
If he had not been pointing to Faryn's legs, the half-giant may not have known what he meant.
"I say old chap, what are you exactly?" his voice was inquisitive and he started stroking his mustache with a thoughtful frown.
Faryn looked Reginald in his dull, green eyes before answering.
"I'm a real adventurer, unlike you." his growl was audible to even the furtherest reaches of the hall, silence presiding over every occupant.
Reginald looked back, trying to hide the rage in his eyes.
"You, my good sir, are no more than a cad," his voice held a respectful note with an undertone of sarcasm that seethed with anger. This was what happened when the upperclass got upset and it amused Faryn.
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:19 am

Nemo had been sampling some of the food and some of the booze as he had followed his captain to the island they had passed through with little to no trouble straight into the party with little to no trouble but when the stuffed-shirt had addressed his captain he had listened when the man told his story about the sea king he stepped forward with a grin having dealt with Sea Kings himself in the past he grinned before his bright voice sounded again as he sampled yet another delicacy from his plate "mmm delicious my compliments to the chef this food is exceptional. However my captains outburst has brought a question to my mind Reginald-san how did you say you dealt with the Sea King"
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:46 am

Reginald turned, surprised to see the thief.
"I say good chap, who are you now?"
His voice was shrill yet he still managed to hold the appearance of a host. His pegleg thumping on the floor as he turned.
"And if you should know, my dear sir," he continued with the same sarcasm he had used earlier,"I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee. I could wrangle myself a Sea King and was never questioned about it, yet nowadays I have young upstarts trying to shun my history. No sir, you and your captain are both cads. Dogs if I should say so myself."
He wagged his finger at both crew mates, before walking back to his group of silent listeners. Faryn watched the whole scene, laughing his ass off.
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:23 am

Nemo held it in as long as he could but before Reginald had hobbled more then 4 steps he had burst out laughing BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! A man that could Grapple a Sea King brought down by an arrow ridiculous don't make me laugh Why with one leg" He grinned lifting his foot up to were it was out just above his head bringing it down with about half strength on the marble floor the force of the blow alone was enough to make the fur coat blow back before settling against its owners back Nemo watched with a satisfied smile as the cracks split straight past their host. "A man with the strength to fell a Sea king would have a leg strong enough to shatter the arrow" he chuckled going back to the delicacies on his plate "Since you ask gracious host..." he took a large bite of one of the fragrant meats on the plate and took a swig one one of the fine wines before continuing "I am Chef Nemo D Coyote the Wolfe's right hand and the same "Red Leg Nemo" that sailed the Grand line With captain Wolfe and returned unscathed." He gave another deep laugh at the stuffed-shirts presumption.
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:58 am

Reginald turned, fear in his eyes replaced the arrogance that resided only a few seconds earlier.
"Red Leg..."
He swallowed hard and his eyes widened, almost as big as the plate that Nemo had just plucked the meat off.
"You are said to be one of the richest and most powerful thieves to travel the Grand Line."
The upper class accent was lost, now the host was almost bowing at Nemo's feet. Tears filling his eyes.
"I'm graced by your kindness to come to my quaint party!"
His voice was shaky as he sobbed, his nerves mixing with joy.
"What brings you here?"
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:24 am

Chef gave a chuckle and took another satisfied bite and took another gulp of the wine amused that his reputation had spread back this far. " The very same Red Leg Nemo" He chuckled clapping his hand in a friendly manner across his hosts back his smile genuine and friendly "Make no mistake though I've sailed the Grand Line and Savored its treasures there are more infamous men in those waters then me" he chuckled softly sampling more from the table before offering a glass of the heady wine to his host "I'm here with my new captain to experience your legendary hospitality, besides a return from The calm belt is no event to sneeze at those waters are almost more dangerous then the Grand Line its self."
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:34 am

"Cam Belt?"
He pulled himself together fast, stood up and brushed his mustache.
"Yes, my good man, the Calm Belt was a place of unspeakable danger. Let me tell you about it."
Faryn burst out laughing again, gaining an annoyed look from Reginald.
"I swam into the Calm Belt with only a cutlass and a flintlock. I met a large fire-breathing Elephant-whale chimera. We battled for forty days and nights until he scored a hit on me, he shot an arrow into my leg and set it on fire. I then used my burning leg as ammunition in my flintlock and shot the flaming limb into the beast's mouth!"
He ended by slamming a fist into the table, causing the crowd to "ooo" and "ahh" in awe. Faryn packed up into hysterical laughter but was ignored as the host looked up at Nemo expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:51 am

Nemo listened to the host stroking his beard slowly as the man unfolded his tale. His grin widened at the mention of the elephant wale chimera attacking the man for 40 days. He nodded slightly as the man concluded his tale before speaking "What a brave fellow my my what a strange Elephant wale Ive never known them to breath fiery arrows or even to be interested in the flesh of a man, you poor fellow you must have fought a cursed one." He grinned still stroking his beard "Of course fighting a sea monster is fun and dangerous but there is the beasts of the little garden in the Grand line mysterious creatures millions of years out of their own time now there's a challenge Pitting brain and body against the worlds bet predators."
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:52 pm

"Yes yes, a cursed one," the upper class host made a mental note and continued.
"Little Garden you say? My my I should give that a try when I'm bored."
He looked at his fan squad who stared in admiration at him. Faryn kept laughing, no one noticing he had finished all the wine, ale and food on this side of the enormous hall.
"Reginald, my old boy," Faryn started, mocking Reginald's false upper class accent.
"You really should try the New World next time you're in Fishman Island, its a smashing party wot wot," sarcasm ran out of his mouth like ale ran out of a tankard.
Reginald gave Faryn an infuriating look, his face turning red before he looked back at Nemo.
"Mr. Coyote! I understand you are the epitome of a gentleman adventurer and one of the richest men known to me. Even though I know these things I still can't excuse your crude friend who continually mocks-.." his red faced rant was interrupted as a sunglasses wearing bouncer walked up to the host and tapped him on the shoulder, whispering an inaudible message into his ear. The red faced man straightened his mustache and cravat as he listened, his face regaining its usual colour. The bouncer looked at the man after a bit and waited as the host also whispered a quick equally inaudible message back to the man. Faryn had stopped laughing.
Reginald turned back to the two pirates, a friendly smile on his face.
"Well my dear sirs, I am told that I wasn't supposed to cause such a scene. My sincere apologies, chaps."
He turned to Faryn.
"I'm sorry my dear Captain, please let me buy you ale."
Faryn's face grew a thoughtful frown.
"How much ale?"
"All you can drink."
"Deal."
Reginald smiled and gestured to a door near by.
"It awaits you my friends, just tell them I sent you."
He smiled and returned to his friends, causing the entire hall to burst into life once more as people resumed their conversations.
Faryn looked at Nemo with a grin," You comin'?"
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:39 am

Coyote smiled dryly hearing the man making comments about the little garden and the cursed elephant wale. He chuckled at hearing the man might try it when he was bored but knowing he was probably to much of a coward to face the dinosaurs of the little garden. Chef growled lightly seeing that most of the food and wine was gone apart from his own portion which he quickly finished struggling to hold back a laugh at Faryn's impression of the man. However his eyes narrowed dangerously at being called Mr. When he answered his voice was dangerously calm and cold. "I will thank you to address me by my proper title a culinary artist of my caliber, warrants a certain respect Reginald-san" Coyote watched as the bouncer gave a whisper to their host but was still far to insulted to accept the mans offer of the of the ale, for the moment he remained silent after he had corrected Reginald but followed his captain silently.
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:43 am

Reginald turned as walked away, eyes once again as wide as saucers, but he quickly composed himself and grew a small smile saying:
"Then accept ale as an apology for my stupidity, my dear Chef."
He did a half bow and returned to his stride, walking stiffly towards his fan club.

Faryn laughed again and walked over to Nemo.
"Come on, what say you to crashing this looser's party,eh? You with me?"
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:50 am

Coyote gave a grin sniffing the ale "Heh Drugged ale does he really think that trick would work on someone like me that lives by his sense of smell and taste" He set the ale back on the table and grinned wider at his captains suggestion "Aye I'm with you Captain, what do you have in mind"
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:00 am

"Oh well, you know, see how strong the great Sea King wrangler really is?"
His evil grin was followed by him loosening his weapon and placing it on the buffet table.
"For this, I won't even need my axe." He laughed and cracked his knuckles.

The bouncer snuck up behind the table and placed a hand over the axe handle. Faryn watched the man as he fumbled with the large weapon, almost killing himself a few times. The man was obviously trying to be stealthy but it didn't help, Faryn simply turned so that he faced the buffet table and kicked it. It slammed into the terrible thief on the other side and the man fell, like a rock. The axe skid across the floor, alerting everyone in the hall to its presence. People started speaking in hushed voices, panic on their lips. Guards moved in through every door of the hall, causing anyone near the pair of pirates to spread away.
Faryn simply shrugged and grinned to to Nemo,"I must be the best party crasher, aren't I?"
He laughed and started charging to the nearest door to show these guards the power of a half-giant. His axe lay abandoned on the floor but Faryn didn't care, he had already said that he would take them down without the weapon and he kept his word.
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:00 pm

As the guards began to swarm around the two of them Chef Coyote gave a laugh. He leaped into the air with a shout Chef's special kick:{Tenderizing hammer} With the black fur coat flowing behind him as he landed he caught himself on one leg bending his knee and brought down the other steel lined getta sandal with a thunderous crash as the marble beneath it exploded sending chunks flying towards the oncoming guards. He pulled out his revolvers from his belt and fired off four shots giving a whoop. "Allright you high fallootin frauds you want to see what real adventurers can do, You want to see the power sailing the seas gives you!!!" He gave a wicked grin firing both of his revolvers directly for the Fake adventurers peg leg ideally to break the thing in half. Chef gave a shout for the first time actually acknowledging that he had joined the crew "WE ARE THE HORNY PIRATES ANYONE NOT HERE TO RUMBLE PISS YOURSELVES AND RUN HOME TO YOUR MOMMIES AND DADDIES AS FAST AS YOU CAN! THIS FIGHTS FOR THE REAL ADVENTURERS ONLY!" He reloaded the revolvers in a single move waiting for the guards to show a little backbone.
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:31 am

A few of the guards turned to run but their partners pulled them back. The hall had now been emptied of guests who had dashed passed guards on the first sign of trouble.
50 guards in all circled the hall.
A good challenge for two veteran adventurers.
5 guards fell from being hit by Chef's attack and another three fell after being hit by the bullets he had discharged.
Faryn looked over and laughed as he saw them fall, another four stepping to replace those.
Faryn looked back to see another lot of marines charging him. He whirled around in mid run to gain momentum and delivered a double punch to the unsuspecting marines. the first two flew back. The next three pulled out guns and stepped back, but Faryn didn't bat an eye and dive tackled them onto the floor and let me tell you: A tackle from a half-giant isn't all fun and games. Though by Faryn's laugh you would have thought they were telling a joke.
10 down so far, 40 more to go...
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:07 am

Chef Coyote gave a chuckle as more of the men swarmed in though he shook his head slightly thinking to himself (what ever their paying these guys its obviously not enough oh well may as well make them earn it)Air cutter holstering his pistols Coyote drew "Yukina" The black steel sang as it was drawn from its blade a simple flick sending a spiraling blade of compressed air towards the guards if it made contact it would slice clothes cut belts hair and leave small nicks on their flesh Coyote was attempting to warn them rather then kill them. However if her master so chose "Yukina" would show no mercy. Nemo paused to take in the effect of his attack before he spoke "Alright you handsome devils that was a warning but if you still want to try be my geust, However I should warn you" he placed "Yukina" back in her sheath making ready to draw to the side Samurai! Nemo drew "Yukina" with blinding speed as three of the pillars showed a hairline cut and then toppled in half "If you oppose myself and my captain I will give no quarter"
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:31 pm

Four marines stood in the hall, naked to the skin and blushing. they had halted and started running backwards, trying to get away before anyone saw them. though everyone saw them and the guards burst out laughing, even the ones that had been crushed by Faryn.
The half-giant got up slowly and walked over to Nemo, the guards still in hysterics.
"You fight like a real adventurer...We don't need to kill these marines-they don't give even the slightest threat...Let's go get drunk!"
He laughed and shouted to the marines:
"Hey, any of you wanna go get drunk?"
They still laughed and some were shouting out acceptance to the invitation, but they all stopped when a large captain burst into the hall.

[Introduction Box]
Captain Boxworth "Box" Gurt
Kicker

He was a tall man with large metal boots. His hair blonde and his beard grey. A grimace lay on his face, the scar on his cheek showing clearly. He had a chainmail shirt with an officer's coat over his shoulders.
"What's this all about?!"
His voice booming across the hall, silencing everyone.
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:11 pm

Nemo gave a long loud laugh at the reactions of those around him and grinned at the proposition of a real party the marines around them seemed in good spirits and clearly knew they couldn't beat the Gargantuan Pirate and the Deadly Chef. He had sheathed his blade laughing along with his captain and the men when the big guy walked in with the sour puss Chef Nemo turned his head to the nearest marine and spoke. "So handsome who's the big bastard that ruined the mood?" His sharp golden eyes narrowed looking at the mans boots. (So this man needs a crutch to do deadly kick) he thought.
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:48 am

The marine Chef Nemo had spoken to stayed silent, sweating nervously for fear of death. Some of those that had fallen were groaning as they climbed to their feet, others were still unconcious.
"Ya did well knockin' out those blighters..." The marine captain started, his voice rough and slightly hoarse.
"But those blighters are dog shit compared to me, Captain Gurt!"
The words 'Captain Gurt' were yelled at high volume, causing some of the people in the room to wince.
"Now you will feel the wrath of Gurt!"
He ran forward, marine coat flying off his shoulders. He went for a roundhouse kick aimed at Nemo with the front of his boot heading for the chef's midsection.
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:02 pm

Nemo gave a glare at this loud mouth who was now scaring his potential drinking companions and shook his head this bastard was just like Smiley how nostalgic.Chef's special kick: {Devils Arch} Chef Nemo brought the top of his foot up at full stone smashing strength towards the side of the mans knee.
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 6:41 am

Captain Gurt was hurt.
His knee was dislocated in mid-air, but instead of crumpling right there, he twisted as a last ditch effort. His whole body behind a kick at once again at Chef.
Back to top Go down
Yomasama

Yomasama

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:28 am

Coyote gave a grin at the mans last ditch effort at him but shook his head and chuckled. "Might as well make this flashy" with that he loosened his stance and prepared. Chef's special kick:{reverse spin kick} Chef spun his body around in a swing kick aiming for the enemies oncoming foot and leg. At its current strength this kick has been known to shatter bones if it makes contact with the last desperate kick.
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:34 am

It did its duty.
The kick shattered the bone all the way up to the pelvic region, causing the momentum to throw the marine over onto his back. He slid across the floor howling with pain.

Faryn walked up to Nemo to give him congratulations but it was short lived.
The Captain rose from the ground on both legs, laughing heartily.
"I'm sorry Mr. Chef but you don't seem to understand. My bones will mend no matter how you smash them! I have eaten the Crick Crick fruit!"
He bellowed a warcry and charged at the pair shouting: "Ragdoll Assault!"
The man dived at them, using his momentum to fly towards them. His arms and lags went limp as he dislocated them and spun, creating a deadly spinning top which cascaded to wards them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)   Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serious: "I used to be an adventurer like you before I took an arrow in the knee" (Part 2)
Page 1 of 1