One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company

Go down 
+5
Redex 1000
Shichibukai Hunter
LoreleiMaiden
Wrath
Lone
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Mina watched as Kyren lightened up, feeling a definite pang of joy in her chest as he smiled.
She didn't let go of his hand as they walked, her long ivory hair still brushing against his shoulder at his side.
She grinned. "Thank you. Quite the gentleman, aren't you? I used to work as a barmaid in my parents' tavern and some of the men who used to come in there would flirt with me and offer to buy me drinks and meals if I'd sit with them. It used to annoy the Hell out of my parents." She laughed and then gave him a much more tender smile. "But...it's odd. This is the first time that a man's ever offered to buy me a meal and I've actually agreed because I liked the man and not just the idea of free food..."
Mina ran a hand up and down Kyren's arm, feeling the muscles that the doctor had and the rough grooves of scars beneath the cloth of the shirt. "Mmm...and you are quite a man, Captain."

She giggled, flattered at his forwardness. "I think I've wanted to get to know you better since you washed up on the beach at Lunakirk. You were so much kinder than most men who randomly wash up on to beaches." Mina continued to stroke his arm before simply letting her hand rest in his. "Pity that the jailbreak got in the way. It was great that we got your crew free...but we never did get the chance to go sightseeing together during the festival..."
She smiled. "And don't worry, Captain, the pleasure of helping you was all mine."

The young cook's eyes traced the restaurants. "Woah...lots of Italian places. Molto Italiano. Molto, molto Italiano... Hmm, good thing that pizza and pasta rarely can't be appreciated."
She looked up at Kyren and blinked, giggling slightly at his compliments. Mina was used to and liked being call beautiful but for some reason, it meant a lot more when Kyren said it. "I'm not all that beautiful, Kyren." She looked over at the black-suited men and gave one of them a teasing, playful wink and a flirty but ultimately joking pucker of her pink lips before looking back to Kyren. They didn't look too intimidating as far as she was concerned and as such, she had no problem teasing them. "If they're staring, it's because I'm in a small dress, I have white hair...or because you're such a powerful looking man."

Mina shrugged at the question. "Well my step-parents...one of them was a cook in the tavern. And he got sick. So I had to help fill in for him one day...and I guess I just fell in love with culinary art. With taste, with flavour, with texture..."
She smiled. "Don't worry. The Clockworks are a fine crew of healthy eaters. They're no problem to cook for. And yes, Captain..."
She put her arms around his torso, running one hand playfully over his stomach, patting it, her breasts pressing into his arm. "...you really should eat something..." Her inky blue eyes traced the restaurants around them. "Hmm, that one looks promising!"
Mina pointed over to a secluded restaurant at the edge of a street-corner.

Back to top Go down

Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:39 am

Seeing Uta exiting the music shop Angelo saw him reading a note which he removed from his violin case and had figured this was a fair warning from the man from the music shop. Angelo strolled into the shop with hands pocketed and sun glasses over his eyes.

As he entered the shop Angelo noticed the man sitting behind the counter reading through a music book, he seemed not to notice his entrance and looked more interested in his book.

Angelo coughed to grab the man's attention, he succeeded as the man looked up at him and asked, "Can I help you with something?"
"...Yea you can help me...that note....the one you put in that man's violin case....what did it say?"
The man looked at Angelo and asked, "Whatever do you mean?"
"Don't play stupid with me, you know who I am and you know what I'm capable of."
Gulping and shaking his head the man refused to acknowledge his actions towards the musician. "No I really don't know what your talking about Angelo."
"Well...then I guess your going to have to get rid of this music shop my friend." Angelo walked up to the man and grabbed his wrist holding it to the counter, then removed a small knife with his other hand and asked, "So which finger first?"
The man had began to sweat a little but refused to let anything slip, he tried clenching his fist but had his hand forced into the counter harder.
"How about a pinky?" Angelo lowered the blade to his pinky getting closer and closer.
The man began to shake and sweat out of fear, he could feel the blade getting closer till the blade sliced a tiny bit into his skin.
"ALRIGHT, I'LL TELL YOU"
Angelo paused and looked up at the man smiling.
"Now thats a good boy. What did the note say?"
"It was a warning, I told him he should leave the island."
"So you want to get a guy we are planning on capturing and handing into the Marines for his bounty to leave this island?"
"Your planning on capturing him?"
"Well.....nothing has exactly been said yet but once I announce that we have some pirates with bounties on our shores I'm certain Carrius will be most willing to capture them, and you know how determined he is to get whatever he wants.

The music man stood there still sweating panicking as his pinky was still the only thing between the knife and counter.
"Anyway I believe our time together here is done."
Angelo forced the knife down through the pinky into the counter then turned. to leave.
"Goodbye"

Carrius sat in his office and heard his transponder snail ring, reaching for it he grabbed hold to answer it.
"Hello."
"Its me Carrius."
"And who is me?"
"Angelo, I've been flying around the island catching some people for the Eastern Line Trading Company, I've caught a few and dropped them off in the cages to the east of the island ready for collection."
"Good to hear Angelo, how have the others been doing?"
"I'm not entirely sure, but it seems they have been capturing a few themselves, I wanted to talk to you about something boss."
"And that would be?"
"I have spotted a pirate among our island."
"A pirate? We get many pirates here Angelo so hearing a pirate is here isn't all that amazing."
"He has a bounty sir."
"How big? In fact what's his name, I'll see if I have on of his bounty posters."
"Uta "The Muse" Ichio I've seen his bounty poster around, last I saw he had a bounty of 19,000,000."
"Sounds good then, that would be a good profit for the family."
"So you want me to capture him?"
"Hang on Angelo."

Carrius opened his windows behind his deck and chair and whistled out through the large window, a newsku swooped down flying outside his window. Carrius flipped a coin to the newsku and removed a paper then nodded. The Newsku flew away as Carrius unfolded it and sat down at his desk.

"Sorry about that Angelo I was getting a paper." Carrius opened the paper and began speed reading it as Angelo spoke.
"So boss would you like us to catch Uta or find out what crew he is part of then capture all of them?"
"Well, well, well..."
"What is it boss?"
"Seems here your friend Uta's bounty has been increased, as has his Captain's...........Kyren Antler. Angelo check if any new ships have arrived at the docks, if any of these ships which have arrived is that of the Clockwork Pirates I want you to impound their ship. As for the rest of his crew I want you to catch them too, we can sell them off as slaves."
"Got it"

Hanging up the snails Angelo once again sprouted wings and took his leave to soar into the sky once again towards the docks where he knew Robert was keeping any eye on the ships. Due to him being a fishman he could easily capture anyone trying to escape the docks and kill anyone who refused to pay the fine of staying on the island which was often mentioned once the people wanted to leave as there was no way anyone had ever managed to escape with Robert keeping an eye on the docks.

Soaring over the island Angelo spotted allot of new comers to the island, he saw one man leaping from roof top to roof top and thought it was rather disrespectful for him to be doing such a thing and flew near him to knock him from a rooftop, he noticed 2 people holding hands cuddling quite closely in the Italian restaurant section of the island and as he neared the docks he saw an unusual ship which had propellers all over it and a bright yellow flag with clockwork gears upon it, he saw a deer and 2 people conversing on it and ignored it. As he lowered himself to the ground he noticed a mermaid on the old rickety pier, she was a young looking mermaid and very pretty.

Angelo then saw her fins turn into legs and rubbed his eyes in disbelief, he wasn't sure what he was looking at but he never knew they could do such things. Forgetting the mermaid Angelo shook his head and drew his wings in. Walking up to Robert the octopus fishman who was stood near the small building which had all the documents about the ships.

"Hey Robert, orders from the boss, there any new ships that arrived here today? If so are any of them named the Clockwork Pirates? If so Carrius wants their ship to be impounded as it turns out a few of them have rather large bounties and the rest will be useful as slaves."

Kyren listened to the stories of Mina's past with interest he smiled at her then looked away replying,

"No I'm not great Mina, but you on the other hand are a great cook. I'm happy to hear you think all the crew are good eaters and I know I should eat something, don't tell Delphi, I know I shouldn't have been due to the injuries, but before she treated my wounds I did some training to get myself stronger and studied some more medical books to learn about the body, and it looks like I tore open the wound again. Its a shame we didn't get to enjoy the festival, I really wanted to enjoy it but.....my crew came first."

As Mina said the men were looking because of her wearing such a short dress he looked at the length of her dress and smiled, when she said it was cause he was so powerful Kyren shook his head.
"Well Mina you definitely do dress in such a way to reveal your beautiful figure. And your cooking is the only rival to your beauty."

Seeing Mina pick out a little restaurant in the corner Kyren nodded and headed towards it. It was a small but prettily decorated place, Kyren entered and looked around the place was empty all except for the staff who directed Mina and himself to a rather romantic looking table with a seat either side a candle in the middle and a single red rose in the centre. As Kyren sat down he felt a bit silly in such a nice romantic place looking as he did and said, "I feel so under dressed."
Back to top Go down
Wrath

Wrath

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:44 am

"Hmm. A personal request from the boss, eh? Must be some big fish in our net today... let me check..."
Robert did not need to move his body to retrieve the documents. He merely outstretched one of his right tentacles toward the box where the men in suits placed the entry forms. He opened the box and pulled out a few pieces of paper. Holding them in front of his face, Robert sifted through them to find one labelled "Clockwork Pirates."

"Silly Angelo. You know that our fellow men in suits don't write down the names of pirate crews. They just note it at the bottom of the page... see? Now fortunately only one pirate ship has entered the ports. It was that funny looking one I think you already saw on your way here. Now lets see... The captain of that ship is called... Kyren Antler. Huh, funny name. Now with the help of these updated bounty posters," Robert pulled out his right tentacle to reveal not only the bounty posters but the newscoo itself, "We have Kyren Antler here with a bounty of 25,000,000. I think we have our man."

Robert handed Angelo the two stacks of papers and the newscoo. He began to walk along the decks toward the Time Goes.

"Angelo, you can come along if you like. It's not often we get some visitors with decently large bounties..."
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:18 am

Victor

Victor was busy hopping over a chimney when he caught sight of something moving towards him. The...thing...was coming along hard and fast, its body to fast for Victor to completely make out with a single glance. Still, he knew that he didn't want to be hit by something that big, so just as the figure was reaching him, Victor planted one foot on the ground and flipped backwards. He landed gracefully in a crouch and watched the crazy flying thing zip away from him.

Now that Victor had a moment to look, he could see what it was, and what it was wasn't natural. This 'thing' was actually a man with wings.

"Devil fruit..." Victor breathed.

Back on Water 7, Victor would take a near miss like this one as a simple accident. Devil fruit users were not entirely uncommon in the Grandline and not all of them had full control over their abilities. However, Victor was not at home right now or even in a place where he felt safe and secure. Besides, the birdman was flying in the direction of the harbor, the place that Victor had just come from. He could just be heading back to his own ship, but Victor wasn't one to take any chances.

The young inventor took off. He no longer traveled along the rooftops, but dropped down onto the sides of buildings, using window ledges and flagpoles the traverse the city's skyline. Doing this made him more visible from the ground level, but also mostly hid him from the birdman's view.

Fortunately, it seemed like the birdman had not noticed his pursuer. He landed on the ground and walked over to what looked like a fishman. Victor, on the other hand, returned to the rooftops and hid behind the roof's edge. The top of Victor's head was visible, but only just and he figured that unless this bird guy or the fishman had eyes like a hawk or some kind of sixth sense, neither of them would not see Victor.

Victor could not hear the words that were spoken, but that mattered little to him. What he saw only raised his suspicions. It was true that he couldn't tell what was written on the papers that the fishman had showed his counterpart and it was also true that the fishman was now only walking in the general direction of the Time Goes, but even so...if he so much as set a single toe on board...no, that would be stupid. Victor couldn't afford to reveal himself now. He was just one guy and there were two of them. He would need back up. Assuming the idiots did get on board, that is.

Molly

Molly was happy. She had finally found some wood and it had not taken her long to fit some of that wood together to make a new hammer. Molly hadn't felt complete ever since she had broken her last one.

As she held it up to the light, Molly felt a glow of pride that was mixed with a touch of exasperation. The hammer was useable, but its edges weren't as well rounded as her old one and it was just a little bit lighter. Both of these she could fix, but still...she wanted it to be done so that she could get out in the town.

So Molly returned to her work, deep in the bowels of the ship. Little did she know of the danger that was coming her way.
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 4:32 pm

Mina gave another soft giggle when the Clockwork captain told her about his secret medical studying and training without Delphi's knowledge. "Naughty, naughty Kyren."
She chuckled, giving his hand a squeeze. "But don't worry. Assuming that that was an order, I won't breathe a word to Dr Shy-Fins back on the ship."
The grin fixated itself to her lips further at Kyren's praise and a slight pinkness also came to her cheeks. "You give me too much credit, Kyren, my darling." Her brows furrowed. "But if you put your crew first, that proves what a great man you are...and you should probably see Delphi later about that wound."
She stroked his side as they ventured inside the restaurant. "So no tons of physical activity for you, just to be safe. I'm no doctor but I don't think we should go crazy or anything in case your wound tears up anymore."

Mina sat beside him at the table, taking his hand beneath the table cloth, her legs crossed casually as she smiled at him. "You don't need to dress fancy in any restaurant. It's all an illusion! If the diners dress fancy, the place is fancy. If the diners dress informal, the place is informal. And today, I guess that this place is informal!" She giggled and gave his hand a squeeze. "Besides...you're a handsome man, Kyren. Regardless of what you wear. You could be wearing nothing and I'd say you'd still be a stunner to look at..." She laughed, winking and then clicking her fingers to summon a waiter.
"Buon giorno! Ehi! Voglio un..un...waiter!" Mina decided to settle for English when she couldn't quite remember the Italian word for "waiter."
Back to top Go down
Rodoku
Admin
Rodoku

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 4:38 pm

Hexi smiled at Wilfred. He had been the first person he got to know from this crew... he actually was the one that brought him to this ship. Hexi still had not joined this crew, but he had been assigned the task of writting a song for this crew, which was not the easiest of tasks.

"It's going quite well Wilfred... I apparently have to write a son now" -Hexi smiled at Wilfred. -"I guess I can start now, but you can talk to me while I do so, it doesnt bother me."

Hexi thought for a while.

"ON the contrary, it would help me, keeps my brain fresh" -Hexi grinned at Wilfred and took out a paper and pen from his bag. -"Alright let's see"

Hexi started to write down ideas in the paper.
Back to top Go down
Doc Bearcoat

Doc Bearcoat

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 9:53 pm

"Idiot, idiot!" Wolfgang shouted as he looked into the waters from the side of the ship that he had retreated to. Who made hasty exits like that!? He made himself look like an idiot in front of crew members and that was a mistake that he would most definitely wish to avoid a second time. He sighed as he looked into the waters of the dock which the Time Goes was currently floating in. "Idiot..." He spoke once more, this time softly before shaking his head as he pushed himself back, landing upright on the Deck of the Ship.

Now was not the time for Wolfgang to get down on himself, if anything the best option would be to channel this negative energy into a positive activity like training. Wolfgang ran to his room, before throwing his bulky jacket onto his bed. The Gunslinger then slid under his bed, and from his position on the ground he began to lift the bed using his back as leverage. "UN! One!" He shouted as he dropped to the floor with an exasperated look on his face. Wolfgang wasn't strong at any stretch of imagination, he never prided himself on upper-body strength but moreso on lower-body strength, so the lifting of his bed would work towards his advantage in the long run.

---

"UN! TEN!" and with that final shout, the Gunslinger collapsed to the floor, sweating. "Ten lifts!? Gah! I need to work harder..."

Wolfgang lay on the floor for a moment, his mind deep in thought, as always the same question came into his mind. 'In this state will I be able to defeat him...' He picked himself up after a moment, "It doesn't matter right now...Sprints next." He spoke with a tired tone as he ran topside in preparation for his next exercise.
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 7:25 pm

Trake knocked at the door. He tried not to draw attention to himself but standing in front of a door that hasn't seen visitors in 9 years does tend to be an attention grabber on its own. After sounds of creaking wood, clomping and shouts of "I'm bloody well coming!" had stopped, a latch clicked open on the other side of the door. A gaunt face that had not seen the sun for quite a while poked its nose around the door.
"Ah, and who exactly might you be?" the shrill voice called around the great, old green door.
Trake lent against the worn doorframe.
"Name's Trake, I'm sure my mother must have spoken about me at some point."
The little old man on the other side opened the door further, but not fully. Tapping his chin he inquired;"Your mother was not the brunette from Rhoma Island I hope?"
Trake grinned, "No, my mother was your sister!"
The door swung open and the man smiled, "Now if you had said yes, my lad, I would have been in a sticky situation."
Trake passed through the ancient doorway into a dusty hallway with wooden floorboards that had seen better days. The little old man shuffled in his grey slippers as he pushed the door closed.
"Nice little place you have here," stated Trake blandly.
"Indeed, the house is dated back 200 years and has been connected to Kasper Hurloy, the founder of the Gemerald Mines," the sarcasm in Trake's statement was lost on the old professor.
"Neat."
Trake followed his uncle down the hallway and into the first door on the left, just before a dodgy looking flight of stairs. He was lead into a small lounge where a fine layer of dust covered the entire room. Trake sat down on one of the three chairs that were placed around a low coffee table. He watched as the old man fell into another that faced him. The professor caught his breath before leaning forward.
"So what brings you to my doorstep, lad?"
"Well, as strange as it sounds, I come looking for you to analyse some metals...And my mother once told me that 'her only brother was a professor'. She told me where you lived but that was almost 10 years ago and I did not think you'd still be here. So I caught a lift with a crew that was travelling this way and came ashore as soon as I could. That's my story in a nutshell anyway." Trake used hand gestures while he talked as was natural for him.
They sat in silence for a while after Trake ended, the only sounds to be heard were ones of the wallclock and the marketplace outside. The house was almost in the centre of town, one of the biggest eyesores that could be found in this whole archipelago. A tall structure of wood and granite that was repainted every so often but never very well. A disgusting blend of colours decorate the house's exterior, making it look like some sort of misshapen daemon. Gargoyles stick out at odd angles, some of them fallen to a new, more hideous area for a perch. Trake had taken a couple of breaths before walking up to the house, just in case some terrible monster did not break from the door and disembowel him. Even as he pondered this though, he sat in a dusty lounge with a harmless (though probably crazy) old man.
"I shall need to see the items," stated the old man, breaking Trake from his ponderings with a start.
Trake realised his uncle had gotten to his feet and was standing at Trake's side, hand held out and waiting for the metal.
"Uh, oh yeah! Sure!" Trake shoved his hand into a pocket and searched around until he found what he wanted.
The small sword.
He placed that in his uncle's hand and pulled the flintlock around his neck over his hand and placed it in the same outstretched hand, string and all.
"I'll need to examine these in my study, so if you'll excuse me..." the old man started shuffling towards the door. He stopped and turned to Trake, pushing his rimless; circular spectacles up the bridge of his nose.
"You may come with, if you wish?"
Trake stood and started to follow the once-again-walking old man through the door with a single word. Though a sneeze did fit into there somewhere. Bloody dust.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 2:00 pm

Angelo walked alongside Robert the large fishman towering over him and replied, "We shouldn't capture them right now Robert, first of all we should inspect their ship and discover their strengths. We can come back from them later, like when they're sleeping."

Removing a cigarette from a packet in his pocket Angelo placed it in his mouth then lit it with a small silver lighter from his pocket and inhaled.

"So Robert no pulling guns on our new 'guests' not till later anyway."
Angelo climbed aboard the ship with ease and landed on the deck

Carrius picked up the transponder snail to call the ETLC to inform them that there would be some pirates on the island who he wanted to capture.

Kyren saw Mina call over a waiter and noticed some other waiters by the bar talking among themselves passing shifty glances towards them both. Kyren felt uneasy about them looking at himself and Mina and took a look at the menu's handed to himself and Mina and smiled.

"Would you like to order any drinks?" asked the waiter.
"Yea I'll have a glass of water." Kyren then opened the menu and took a look over the menu. He noticed a pasta dish and decided he would have that then looked at Mina awaiting for her reply.

Wilfred looked at Hexi and was happy to hear he was composing a song. "So Hexi do you have any good ideas on what theme for a song?" He stood beside the sink and crossed his arms in front of himself.
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 5:08 pm

The old man brushed his fingers over a few books as he searched for a certain book. The dust came off on his fingers, revealing streaks of colour that inhabit the book bindings under the muted browns of dust. He was singing a sea shanty as he walked along the giant bookcase, looking for the book. He tapped a few books here and there, before ripping a book from its place with a soft "Ah-ha!"
He giggled to himself and finished off the sea shanty in a more rigorous and hasty fashion as he danced his way his plump old chair behind a large old table. He dropped into the chair and pulled himself forward. The book was plopped onto the dusty yet cluttered old desk.
A pair of round, rimless spectacles were flicked out of his pocket and onto his face with ease.
"Come see! Come see!" he summoned Trake with his index finger.
The tall boy moved across the carpet. Once red; it was covered in what everything else in this study...Everything in this house was covered in.
Dust. Bloody Dust.
Trake wiped a finger across his nose to get rid of a trail of snot beginning to ooze out of his nose as he walked around the table to get next to the old man.
"I knew I had seen these before! Here! Read this segment," he gestured to the space between his left index and thumb. Trake lent onto the table and turned the book slightly to get a better view.
The words were a bit hard to make out as schooling in an orphanage wasn't exactly top class.
"The charms of David Jon where..erm, I'm sorry...were his most treasur...treasured items. They were born of magic unknown to most. The magic of Devil. They say David made a pact with him and promised to pillage and plunder under his name in order to save himself from death. The items he carried were cursed so that the bearer was able to do extra...extrandory?" he looked at his uncle.
"That's: extraordinary, my good lad."
"Thanks,"he looked back at the book, his face straining from the concentration.
"The items he carried were cursed so that the bearer was able to do extraordinary-," he smiled as he said the word,"feats at the cost of their humanity. They become more ruthless with every use of their charm until they lose or rational thought, all manners. The become human beasts. David Jon himself is said to be in the Grand Line, living on an where he apparently eats all who come in his path. He has turned primal. Worse than a monkey or even a pig. An eternally living beast with a bloodlust that will never be sat-," he paused to look at the uncle.
"Satiated."
"-sataiated," he finished.
Trake picked up his uncle's thumb.
"What are these pictures underneath?"
"They are the pictures of the charms. You may recognise your own there."
Trake studied the diagrams, reading each description.
"Why are there some pictures missing from some and descriptions missing from others?"
"That is because some have not been officially seen or their properties are not known," he tapped his chin as the sunlight coming from the enormous window behind him caused his silhouette to fall on the desk.
Trake nodded and looked back at the book. He looked up at his uncle after puzzling something over in his head.
"So, what is this rarity level?"
The old man grinned and leaned forward. he pulled the book his way and flicked a couple of pages forward, then one or two back. He smiled and turned it to Trake. It showed a diagram that Trake studied as the old man spoke.
Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Rarity10
"Each charm has its own rarity as some harder than others to find."
"Why, uncle?"
"Well," stated the old man with a glint in his eye and an excited grin on his mouth,"The story goes that David Jon's wife hid the charms all over the World. The ones with more intense power were said to be harder to find. She did it in an attempt to hide the curse from the World as it condemns a man's soul to an eternity of torment, no torture worth even the most heinous criminal."
Trake shivered and went back to studying the diagram.
After a few moments a he turned his head once more and looked at his old uncle.
"What is the one at the top? I saw on the other page it had no picture, description or name...But all the other charms lead to it."
The old man laughed,"I was waiting for you to ask me! I was beginning to think you were slower than I thought!"
Trake looked at the crazy old man that was rolling around the over-sized chair laughing, with a look of worry.
"This old guy should be put somewhere safe,"he thought with a grin on his lips.
The old man rubbed his eyes and righted himself on the chair before continuing:
"This unknown one is officially denied to exist but is rumoured to be the greatest of all the charms. It can only be obtained by gathering every other charm and travelling to Bedrock Island, also known as the Island that can't be seen. From there the tales split as no one is known to have gone to Bedrock Island except David Jon's wife, to hide the secret charm."
"And what does this charm do?" asked Trake, his interest piqued.
"It is said to be the charm that grants..." he paused to swallow quickly and lean forward so that he could whisper in Trake's ear.
In a soft voice he finished,"Eternal life."
Trake gasped as the old man sat back into his chair.
"Are you serious?!"Trake shouted excitedly.
"Of course, my lad! Why would I lie about a thing this important!" he laughed.

Trake placed the cup of tea back on the table.
"Thank you for the tea," he said with a smile, disguising his dislike for the weak drink.
"Sure thing, lad."
"Thanks, for the help as well," he said, standing to go.
"Wait, before you go," he said urgently, diving for Trake's arm as he turned to walk.
"There are people that control this area, The Noels, its not official but they run this place like its their own. Now don't cause any trouble okay, because if you make trouble with them-they make trouble with us."
"Sure thing, uncle," said Trake as he brushed that aside and shouted back something that sounded like "It was nice to meet you!" before slamming the door behind him.

Back to top Go down
Wrath

Wrath

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 5:32 pm

Robert thought what Angelo said over once. After a moment, he followed him onto the ship. "Good Call." Instead of walking up the gangplank, Robert climbed up the ship's hull. In fact, he made a full circle around the ship before boarding it on the opposite side he began on. Several times he tapped the hull lightly to listen to the way it vibrated. To Robert, the ship was very destructible. On the deck, Robert took a look around. There was not much noise going on except for maybe a few bumps and such coming from the lower decks. He chose not to go deeper into the ship because he did not know anything special about the people and the ship itself. Instead, he waited there with Angelo at his side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uta was at the docks when he spotted two men climb onto the Time Goes. Not sure of who the men were, he slipped into the shadow of the small building and looked around. If the men were hostile, he would need backup. As things were, his lone sword would not be enough. He did not know if any crew mates were still inside.
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 4:59 pm

Mina didn't quite notice the reactions of the waiters to their presence and instead, continued to smile at Kyren, before looking up at the waiter with the same easy-going smile. "Hey there. Hmm...I'd like to order a bottle of your finest house wine, if that's alright?"
She looked to Kyren. "Just water?" Mina cocked her eyebrow and giggled. "Don't worry. Drinks are on me, honey. I can't wait to see what kind of delights they've got on the menu here..."
She scanned the main course sections of the menu and tilted her head. "Hmm, I quite like the looks of this pizza here." A gourmet to the end, however, Mina also looked to the waiter and smiled as she asked. "Does this place do any specials, <i>signor</i>?"
---------------------------
As Delphi headed back up the gang-plank, she shivered a little at the winds. Her hair was soaking wet and starting to drip down on to the white cloth of her blouse. A nice change of clothes and a warm towel before she disembarked the Time Goes again seemed like a mighty good idea and sounded rather appealing.
Hexi and Wilfred were aboard, talking and Delphi smiled, feeling better that she wouldn't be alone aboard the ship.
She sneezed a little, though it sounded more like a squeak than a sneeze and she rummaged in her bag for some herbs to dab around her nose and to prevent her from catching a cold. Delphi murmured softly to herself as she walked back to the side of the deck. "Hmm...this blustery weather is doing nothing for my sinuses...perhaps I shouldn't have gone for a swim. Then again, when the sea calls, she calls..."
Delphi smiled a little at this thought.
However, when the half-mermaid looked up again, she noticed two men- a fishman and a Skypiean man on the deck. She flinched, her heart rate picking up but she immediately walked over to one of them. They both looked suspicious. Perhaps one of them was a friend of Kyren's? Either way, she felt the need to make them aware that they weren't exactly alone on the ship.

"Uh, hello?" she said, confronting Angelo. Her green eyes suddenly became wide with nerves. She had never seen a Skypiean person in real life and both he and the fishman were rather tall, the fishman in particular- a colossal man. Her face flushed a little pink as she attempted to speak firmly, though her voice came out quite timidly and shyly. "The captain of this ship isn't here at the moment. But I'm one of the doctors here.." Her voice became a little quieter and she looked at the ground rather than up at the tall, angel-like man. "So...if there's something wrong...you can talk to me..."
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Victor's suspicions were confirmed. It seemed that those two men really were interested in them. Or their ship. Either way, it probably wouldn't be pleasant. It had occurred to Victor that their intentions might be benevolent, but with his nature, he wasn't inclined to believe that.

Things got worse when Delphi decided to show up. Victor already knew that there were others on the ship, he had seen some of the guys talking over on one side, but he didn't owe them anything. They hadn't saved his life like Delphi had and if she was attacked, Victor might have to interfere. Although he supposed he could let it pass if she could fight them off on her own. Somehow he doubted that. Delphi had to be worth something after hanging out with a crew of pirates, but these two looked intimidating. They seemed a lot like Molly, actually.

So Victor got prepared. He moved over towards another building and hopped onto it before dropping over its edge and landing on a balcony. From here he was a bit closer to the ship and he could move into battle, should it become necessary.
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Trake stepped out into the street. His business was done faster than he had thought. He smiled as he started to walk down the street.
All would be well in a couple of minutes. He'd be back with that crazy doctor and the rest of his do-good buddies in no time. Suddenly a kid ran into him. They both fell to the dirty floor. Trake heaved himself to his feet and turned to the boy-
Who was gone. Trake looked into the crowd for the boy. He didn't need to feel into his pocket to find out that almost 100 belli was gone. Growing up in St. Columbus's was the cause for that. His lunch money was now in some scrawny kid's hands and he was going to get it back.

He zipped back and forth through the crowd creating a stir. The people jumped out of his way and he searched for the young boy that held his money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:38 am

(OOC: Sorry for the lacking in posts people I have been unable to post due to my laptop screen breaking but now it is repaired and I shall be picking it up tomorrow also sorry for my short uncreative posts I have been posting allot on my gf's laptop when she is asleep and I'm unable to sleep lol anyway on with the posting)

Seeing a wet Delphi boarding the ship again and entering the kitchen Wilfred would've smiled and probably blushed had he had a face, he had never been comfortable talking to women who were wet as it caused certain parts of their bodies to become more visable.
"Yes I suppose it really does call to us all at some point Delphi, ts great to see your enjoying yourself and proud of your heritage as a mermaid. I suppose it is a great way to get over your loss which I am greatly sorry for."

Angelo looked at the mermaid who stood before him, he never would've guessed her to be one since she was standing on legs like a normal human being. No one would recognise her as one unless they'd seen her in the water and Angelo had since he'd flown by her whilst she was swimming. He grinned when she presented herself to Angelo.

"Robert, inspect the ship." Angelo and Robert had been put in many situations like this before, Angelo was Carrius's go to man and Robert had worked the docks the whole time so Angelo knew that when he said to Robert to inspect the ship. Robert knew that ment look out for anything that could be troubling for us but don't start a fight.

Angelo inhaled then removed the cigarette from his mouth and exhaled away from Delphi. He offered a hand to her grinning all the while.
"Don't worry theres nothing wrong. Its a pleasure to meet you, I'm Angelo and its our duty to welcome you and also inspect your ship. Your safety is important to us. We wish to make sure each and every one who docks here is safe. Don't mind my friend Robert here, he is simply inspecting the ship."

Angelo then left Delphi and headed into the kitchen sealing away knowledge about the mermaid doctor in his head, she seemed fairly weak. So not much to worry about there. As he entered the kitchen he poped the cigarette back in his mouth as he noticed a winged man strumming a guitar and a man made of glass and cogs.

Angelo coughed to get their attention as he looked at them awaiting acknowledgement.

Wilfred turned hearing the cough and saw a well dressed man smoking in the threshold and approached him cautiously.

"Good day to you Sir may I ask your buisness aboard the ship?" asked Wilfred
Angelo smiled seeing this well spoken hunk of junk approaching him.
"Good day to you too, me and my friend are just inspecting the ship, thats all. Its part of our job here. Nothing to worry about at all. We're simply." Angelo inhaled then exhaled again. "making sure that such well known clientele, will be greatly looked after." Angelo recognised the hunk of junk from wanted posters but he still didn't know anything about him other than he was the oddest thing he'd ever seen and had a small pointless bounty.

"Important clientele?" asked Wilfred tilting his head curious what he meant by important.
"Yea, important, you are the Clockwork Pirates right? The Pirate crew with a Captain whose bounty is Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Bsymbol 25,000,000 and a Musician's whose is Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Bsymbol 24,500,000"

Wilfred froze for a second then stepped back and clenched his thin sturdy steel fingers into a small powerful fist, this man obviously knew something of their exploits. He seemed to have learnt about what this crew had gone through back on Lunakirk island the pervious day and the 2 highest bounties in the crew seemed to have quickly travelled around and been posted in the papers already. If he could he would've gulped right then and there. Feeling unerved and unsure of what to do Wilfred was frozen glaring at Angelo, who happily turned to face him smiling.

"So you are those pirates from Lunakrk after all." Angelo looked at Hexi and noticed his wings, he found it funny to see a kid with wings and since he knew nothing of skypiea thought he must be day dreaming. Angelo had eaten the Wing Devil Fruit, ignoring Hexi Angelo approached Wilfred, even though Wilfred towered over him Angelo still seemed to be the more intimidating of the two.

Carrius called the Eastern Line Trading Company leader Walter Van Wright hoping he could get the mesage over to Nano and Englasis, he spoke into the transponder snail, "Walter, its Carrius and I have some great news for you, we have a new arrival to this little island of ours and with no Marines to get in our way, that just makes it better. The Clockwork pirates have arrived in the docks, I don't know if you've heard of their exploits, but we have a real oppurtunity here. Their Captain is worth Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Bsymbol 25,000,000 and they have another crew mate who I believe is a swordsman and is worth Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Bsymbol 24,500,000 and since they obviously have a strong crew who is fairly capable of such power and destruction I thought. Perhaps it would be a good idea if we were to capture them and sell a few of them off as slaves and the other with large bounties we could. Sell to the Marines for their bounties, if your interested then I suggest you head into town and get looking for them, I've recived some information from the docks that some are still aboard their ship which Angelo and Robert are searching now and the others have headed into town. I suggest you split up to find them though."

Carrius then laid back in his chair and lit another cigarette and inhaled then exhaled looking at Serina smiling,
"We're going to be rich."

Seeing Mina order a house wine and question his choice of water Kyren smiled at her, he felt a little silly not choosing something romantic as this was kind of a date for himself and Mina, well he liked to think of it as one.
"Yea Mina I shouldn't drink anything alcoholic for a while, not till these injuries heal up, it'll get me drunker quicker, since the cuts are close to my throat anything which goes down my throat will easily spill esle where into my system and take effect on my body quicker than normal. So water is the best choice for now."

The waiter noded to Mina who ordered a wine and quickly returned with the only bottle they had and a glass of water which he placed in front of Kyren, the waiter delicatley placed the glass down beside Mina and began to pour filling the glass half full.
"Would you like to taste some first madam?" asked the waiter as he stopped pouring and stood back up straight.

Kyren looked further down the menu and stuck with his 1st choice,
"I'll have, I can't pronounce it, but I'll have that pasta dish there." Kyren pointed to a pasta dish on the menu and the waiter nodded and copied it down on to a note pad from his apron.

Behind the bar there was still a large group of waiters talking they made Kyren feel uneasy, he wasn't entierly sure why, but he was pretty certain they were up to something.

Kyren looked at Mina happy he was with such a beautiful woman, he wanted to sit beside her, wrap his arms around her and never let go.
But this was just their first date and that might be considered coming on too strong.

But she was a very beautiful women who obviously knew how to wriggle her way into a man's heart, and she so easily accomplished it too with her cooking skills, which he was sure could easily eclipse those of the cooks here at this restaraunt they were sat in.

Wrapping his hand around his glass Kyren lifted it and said, "I want to propose a toast. I know its not much of one with me drinking water and you drinking wine but I want to welcome you to the Clockwork Pirates."

As he spoke those words and lifted his glass a violin sprung into life playing a sweet romantic tune which echoed hauntingly through the restaraunt. The man playing the violin approached Kyren and Mina the tune began to sound much nicer and more romantic the closer he got and Kyren began to feel pretty awkward and lost for words. "I-is there anything you want to...say?" he asked Mina as his red slowly began to turn red and he dipped his head out of embarassment.

Kyren thought to himself how ridiculous is this, a Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Bsymbol 25,000,000 man gets embarassed in romantic situations.
Back to top Go down
Wrath

Wrath

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:25 am

When he saw Delphi, Robert's first internal thought was Wow, she's beautiful. But then again, a human would never go for a fishman, it just did not work out. On hearing Angelo's orders, Robert took to exploring the parts of the ship he had not already inspected.

He walked over to the mast and wrapped two of his tentacles around it. Suddenly, Robert was propelled all the way up to the crow's nest. For anyone who was looking from a distance or just did not pay much attention to him, Robert seemed to have inexplicably flown up the ship in a second. In reality, he pulled himself up the mast with two tentacles while launching himself up with the others. From the crow's nest, he could see the layout of the ship's top deck. Other than the propellers, there did not seem to be any special mechanisms about on the ship's exterior.

Robert turned his attention from the ship's deck to the town. That was when he saw it. There were two men staring intently at his direction. One was crouching on a building's balcony. The second was trying to hide in the shadow of the building he just came from. Robert did not recognize their faces but whatever it was, they were looking at him and Angelo.

From the crow's nest, Robert jumped down to the deck. He landed on all eight tentacles to maximize surface area and minimize harm to himself. As a fishman, he had a higher pain resistance than humans but it always helped to not cause any unnecessary harm.

Robert walked into the ship. He did not head to the kitchen like Angelo. Instead, he headed to the lower decks. Earlier when he examined the hull, he heard something coming from down below. Now was the time to examine it...
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 1:42 pm

Trake gave up looking with a frustrated face.
Damn that kid.
He slowly walked out of the crowd and saw an alley just ahead. He approached it with a grin and stepped into the shadow, grabbing the kid before he could run.
"Oi! Le'go!" shouted the boy.
"First give me the money!" shouted Trake back.
The scruffy little boy drew a dirty hand across his nose to wipe the snot from his nose.
Trake's eyes widened. This boy was a splitting image of him. Maybe not physically similar but this boy had the same mannerisms.
"But I needs the money!" shouted the boy.
Trake dived for the boy who had edged away from Trake slowly during their shouting match. The boy jumped out of the way and fell onto his back.
Trake tried to wipe the grin off his face as he saw his signature move.
The boy scrambled to his feet as the older boy pushed himself off the dirty floor. Trake jumped into a run as he chased the speeding boy through the back alleys of town. Trake had the advantage of longer legs but the boy he chased had the advantage of knowing the area like the back of his dirt stained hand. After the kid was starting to gain distance, Trake decided to use his devil fruit to hop onto the roof of a nearby building. Trake chased the boy from the rooftops, slowly closing the distance. Trake watched as the boy ran into a doorway, huffing and puffing, Trake skidded to a halt. He watched as the boy looked around the doorway to see if Trake was coming. He did not know that the brown haired older boy could jump over 4 meters. Slowly, the young boy stepped from the doorway just in time to see Trake smash into the wall in front of him feet first and backflip into the space in front of the him.
The boy gawped at the sight. His mouth hung open and his limbs loose.
"How did you do that!" screamed the boy excitedly, it was more of an exclamation than a question.
"I have my ways," Trake said with a grin.
The boy grinned.
"You put up a good fight kid, but I'll need my money back."
"But you don't understand! If I don't pay the Eastern Trading Line Company, they will kill my father!" tears brimmed.
"Why?!" said Trake, shocked.
"They kill all who oppose them, but now Dad can't get the money because they crippled him."
Trake swore. His face was red with anger.
"What did your dad do?"
"He tried to save my mother," whimpered the boy. tears now flowed over his dirty face creating streaks of clean skin.
"Those little bastards!" shouted Trake.
After thinking for a moment he looked at the bow with a grin.
"Listen kid, don't worry. I'll sort out this Eastern Twine Lumpy knee or whatever they call themselves."
The boy smiled. Wiping away his tears. Then he grew a thoughtful frown.
"Unless you are the Pirate King, I don't think you take down every one of them."
Trae copied the thoughtful frown and tapped his lip as the boy looked at the ground dejectedly.
Trake suddenly burst out laughing.
"I know the exact people to help out! Excuse me, I need to go talk to crazy doctor about a Western Line Companionship!"
He grinned and ruffled the boy's hair before turning and bouncing onto the nearby roof and heading for the docks.

The boy stood there, near the doorway to an abandoned pawn shop: slightly confused and slightly in awe of what he had just seen. His mouth hung open as he walked into the pawn shop.
He looked at his 100 belli in the dark.
Laughing softly he said, "There goes another freak show, off to his doom."
He smiled.
This was one successful con, if he got any more idiots to swallow that story: he could buy a small island.
He laughed as he walked over to a hidden hole in the wall to place the money with the other multitude of money.
Tsk..Stupid tourists.
He turned to the door, wiped his fake tears off his face and left the dark, old pawn shop.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 3:10 pm

Victor

Victor sighed. He had been spotted at last. Ironically it was the fishman who had noticed him and not the guy who could observe things from the sky.

Victor stood and looked on as the fishman dropped to the deck and then went below. The young inventor's eyes narrowed. This was wrong. He grabbed the balcony's edge and hopped over it before placing his feet against the outer side. From there he launched himself through the air, flipped once, and then landed directly behind Delphi with only a soft thump to announce his presence.

"I don't like this," Victor said quietly to the mermaid. "It doesn't matter who they are, they should not be on this ship without permission. Period."

Had he been anyone else, Victor might have added something else to his statement. However, he merely glared darkly at Angelo's back and glanced towards the entrance to the below decks area.

Molly

"Finished!" Molly exclaimed.

She wiped the sweat from her brow and twirled her hammer one more time. Now it was perfect. If she had the original still with her, she doubted that she would be able to tell the difference between them.

Molly slung her hammer over her shoulder and stood up and stretched. Now she could hit the town without having to worry about this. Victor would be so surprised to see that she had finished it so quickly. It had taken her a week to get the weight and shape for the original to a level that she liked.
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 9:09 pm

Mina smiled and laughed softly, nodding in agreeance. "Silly me. The doctor knows best, I suppose."
She thanked the waiter for his services, paying for the wine up front with Beli from a pouch in her garter and sipped it with a discerning brow, letting it wash across her trained palate and experienced tongue before declaring.
"European flavour with a definitive Sicilian twang but made from South Blue produce. Tangy but with a sweet undertone. Mmm...a nice versatile house wine. I commend the chef. He or she knows what they're doing..."

The sharpshooter/cook placed down her glass and watched Kyren order, smiling at him and immediately taking the excuse to place her hand over his wrist in a kind of congratulations for his good taste. "That's a great choice of main course, Captain. You have fine taste in food..."
A cockier, flirtier part of her wanted to add: "...and women, seeing as your dating little ol' me", but she found herself suppressing it. Kyren was unlike any man she had ever met before in this area of expertise.
Despite being a seasoned (displayed by his scars) pirate, a captain of all occupations, an accomplished doctor and most notably a young man...he was also a complete gentleman- charming but strong-willed.

Mina absent-mindedly let her fingers slide from his wrist so that her hand rested over his, comfortable with this kind of intimacy.
He wasn't anything like the men who would flirt with her in her parents' tavern.
Despite his muscled, powerful-looking body, there was a great softness about his eyes if you looked at them long enough, Mina noted. He also had a kind smile.
And loose, soft hair that was practically begging for someone to run their hands through it.
All in all, he was really, very handsome.
Heck, even that day she had found him half-drowned, bleeding and covered with sand and sea-grime...he was really quite handsome.

He was also an excellent fighter, a loyal captain and to top it all off, a doctor.
"I must say, Kyren," she said aloud suddenly. "I never really got around to mentioning it before but I'm really impressed that you're a doctor, as well as a Captain. I mean, not all Captains have skills that justify their position...they just like to be the ones giving the orders...but you don't just have brute strength. You also have smarts."
Mina smiled, her fingers lightly wrapping around his hand as her inky blue eyes found their way back up to his. "I like that a lot."
Once again, a terribly flirty side of her also mentally underline the fact that since he was a doctor..."well, he'd know exactly how to work with someone's body, now wouldn't he?"
Mina felt herself blush a little and she automatically giggled, as if some kind of nerve inside her had been tripped. She coughed, feeling heat the heat rise up in her face and though a sudden amount of bashfulness took her over, at thinking such thoughts in the presence of such a sweet, charming man, she didn't release his hand.

She smiled at the romantic music, nodding in thanks to the musician before gently moving her leg up the side of Kyren's in a gesture that was as deliberate as it was playful.
She winked, swirling her wine around in the glass before lifting it and grinning.
"Ah, Kyren. A toast is about the intent behind it. Not what's in the glasses." Mina smiled a lot more warmly. "And I'm flattered. Hmm..." She noticed him turning red and for a moment, every single fibre of her being felt at ease. He was just as nervous as she was! Well, deep down anyway.
"I'd like to add...that we should toast to the success of Captain Kyren in fulfilling the dreams of his nakama and fulfilling his own heart's dreams..."
Mina took his hand properly, saying in a lower, quieter voice, her eyes not leaving his. "...and to more dates between Kyren and Mina, in the future..."
She clinked the glass against his with a wink.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delphi smiled to Wilfred and bowed her head gently. "Thank you, Wilfred...for your kindness. You really are so thoughtful and sensitive. It gives me hope that there are still people like you left in the world today..."
Then she got caught up with Angelo.
She flinched a little when he offered his hand to her but she shook it, noting that he exhaled away from her. Perhaps he was a gentleman by exterior but something told her that like her former Captain, Romeo X. Dugall, this rose was one with thorns.
Delphi only nodded at this and introduced herself quietly in return. She had no fear of being reported. Her bounty was tiny and the marine base only had her nickname on file- not her real name. Besides, she didn't want to make it appear as if she had something to hide, by refusing to introduce herself in return. "Beatrice Delfino. I'm a doctor." She looked over at "his friend, Robert" and her green eyes narrowed automatically. Something wasn't right.
These men weren't marines...and even so, why would a docking crew need to actually board a ship and inspect it in such detail.

She swallowed, watching him walk away and then jumped a little when Victor landed behind her. "I...I apologize. You startled me," she said quietly in excuse of herself.
The mermaid nodded in agreeance with the inventor. "Something's not right at all."
Dry clothes be damned.
She'd fix herself up later with a hot cup of something if she needed it.
For now, they needed to make sure the Time Goes was safe and Delphi was getting the distinct feeling that she'd been underestimated in the way Angelo seemed to talk to her.
The "don't-you-worry-your-pretty-little-head-dearie-you-wouldn't-understand-this-anyway" tone, was fairly patronizing.
Delphi had been a pirate since she was eleven years old. She had already been on two crews under two of the most harsh captains on the sea.
Being with Annachie for so long may have given her the excuse not to be so wary, but she was no innocent, damsel-type idiot.
Delphi looked up at Victor. "We should keep an eye on these two," she said to him in a low, half-whisper. "Make sure that they don't start poking around in things that they shouldn't. It's our duty whilst Kyren isn't here." She thought for a moment and then went on. "Could you keep an eye on that Angelo man? He seems crafty. Wilfred is strong but if he's got something up his sleeve, he's going to need back-up of sorts..."
She looked over at the fishman, swallowing but then nodding. "I'll keep an eye on this Robert. I'll offer him a tour to save his time and make sure that he doesn't go poking at anything. And if he attacks and tries to drag me into the water as most fishfolk will..." She raised an eyebrow. "He'll get quite a surprise. I can handle an underwater fight with ease. Also, Molly's below deck. I'll have her for back-up..."
She touched Victor's arm in support. "You're a strong fighter. You'll be more than capable of handling him..." She nodded to Angelo. "...if anything goes wrong and Wilfred and Hexi are around too. This is a Clockwork ship and as Clockwork pirates, we outnumber them."
Delphi exhaled. "We have an advantage."
With that, she followed Robert down to where he had gone, beneath the deck.
She knew Molly was around somewhere but either way, she thought it best to rob the fishman of any advantage of surprise or sneakiness that he may have had.
Delphi took a breath and smiled, walking right up beside him and looking up at him. "Hello...Robert, is it? I'm Beatrice. Your friend Angelo and I were talking and well...he thinks that I should give you a little tour of the ship to make your job easier."
She felt her face heat up though her body shivered from her wet clothes, but she ignored it. "Is there any room you'd particularly like to see?" Delphi giggled a little, trying to seem innocent and breezy- a doll-like, girly expression of casual proportions on her face as she added for the sake of small-talk. "The water is lovely today, isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Doc Bearcoat

Doc Bearcoat

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:00 pm

WOLFGANG:
---

Wolfgang panted steadily as he took a break from running around the lower decks. He had decided that he would rather not go topside due to the unnecessary attention that a shirtless man running about the deck of a ship would bring.

The gunslinger was covered with sweat as he picked his Hawaiian Shirt up from the floor and pulled it back over him, strapping his holster harness over himself.

Creak. Wolfgang looked to the steps, with a sigh. Who could it have been? Maybe it was Kyren, or Delphi, or one of the new crew members who he hadn't really noticed before. He settled with Delphi, she was most likely roaming the ship again.

"Oi, Delphi. Is that you? If it is...I'm sorry for running away like that but I..." He began to shout but paused to think of an excuse, "...I had to wash my hair!"

---

EASTERN LINE TRADING COMPANY - INTRO
---

With a sigh, the tall gentleman stood up, gnawing on a toothpick with his teeth. He grinned a bit at the thought of the money he'd be taking in soon. He pushed his chair into his desk, and found the doors to his chamber slowly opening.

Two figures stepped out before him, one obviously a fishman due to the almost-lantern-like appendage sticking from his forehead. The light stood out in the darkened room, even bringing the full appearance of the silver-haired man near him, although this man's red pupils completely give him away.

"You two, we're going into town to find a few bad eggs and excise them, we should get some good money for it though. Clockwork Pirates is their name, the main office should have a few wanted posters, check 'em and then head out." Van Wright spoke as he plucked the toothpick out of his mouth, crushing it under his hiking boots, "I'll be heading out too."
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 7:47 pm

Victor watched Delphi disappear. He glanced down at his arm and a tiny frown flickered through his eyes. She had touched him and he had felt no urge to pull away. Either he really did trust her, or the whole blasted crew mentality was getting to him.

Victor had not said anything more to Delphi before she left. He did not believe in luck so that much was simply more wasted breath. There was one thing he wanted to confirm, however. She had told him that Molly was still on board. He hadn't realized that and it made him feel a little more comfortable.

He turned and walked after Angelo into the kitchen. He wasn't going to let this guy wasn't going to leave his sight for even a second. If he tried to do so, or if he started going through their things, he was going to find himself booted off of the ship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:50 pm

Kyren smiled at Mina when he saw her pay he felt the need to say, "Mina I wish you hadn't paid, its customary for the man to pay." As he heard every other comment of hers he felt it blunt his confidence around her. Her skin felt soft on his and her hand on his wrist felt nice. It was something he didn't want to forget. As her soft skin made contact with his he turned his palm up and began stroking her wrist.

Feeling like it was an unnatural action he dipped his head and bit his lip and stopped, he turned his hand back over. Kyren heard Mina speak about him not only being a Captain but a doctor as well and he wanted to tell her why. He noticed a little dirty look in her eyes and wasn't sure what she was thinking.
"When I was little I grew up in an orphanage, the Marines came to the house every week for protection money. We paid when we could, as I got older I wanted to become a doctor and began studying anywhere I could, but when I found out that my adopted sister was sick I tried helping her......because of the Marines collecting protection money every week when I asked for some money to buy medicine...I couldn't afford it and she died. That's why I don't like Marines and why I'm a pirate and that's what made me want to become a doctor. I want to help people like I couldn't help my sister. But forget about that, this is our date and we should be having fun. As a doctor I hope never for you to get harmed, as beautiful as a body as I'm sure you have and from what I'm guessing you have beneath that dress of yours, I hope I never have to lay a hand upon you for reasons of surgery."

Kyren clicked his glass with Mina's and replied, "Your right Mina, its not what's in the glasses." when he noticed Mina turning red too he felt more comfortable then felt his face turn a brighter red and gulped as he felt Mina's leg come in to contact with his and rub up his leg.
He was beginning to see how she felt about him and with the music playing Mina winking and touching him Kyren was beginning to panic.

"I-i-i-i looked forward to more dates with you Mina" Kyren started out speaking in a high pitched tone and coughed trying to speak normally again.

Angelo continued looking at Wilfred and inhaled then exhaled blowing into Wilfred's face.

Wilfred hated smoke when he was human and was feeling like he should be back home alone on his home island fixing watches and clocks like he used to do back when he was human.

"So metal man your the Clockwork pirates who broke in and out of that prison on Lunakirk Island then escaped."

Wilfred didn't like Angelo and felt scared of him even though he was smaller and definitely weaker than him.

"I'm right aren't I?" asked Angelo as he looked into Wilfred's blank face. Wilfred didn't move and remained motionless he was feeling intimidated by this man.
"Am I right?!" asked Angelo.

As he asked those words Wilfred's slim metallic fingers tightly gripped Angelo's shoulder, the next thing Angelo knew he was crashing through a wooden wall out of the kitchen, and rolling along the deck. He missed hitting Victor and came to a stop on the deck. Wilfred walked out on deck to see Angelo slowly standing up and stretching, he dusted himself down the bent down to pick up his cigarette.

Angelo blew the dirt from it then placed it back in his mouth and looked at Wilfred and Victor.
The pain spread through his back and hurt a little but not enough to weaken him.

"Look I'm only here to inspect your ship as an order from my boss, I'm not here to fight you. I'm going to stay here and wait for Robert to finish his inspection of the ship then we'll take our leave." Angelo inhaled and chose to ignore the men on the ship. He wanted to attack them and seriously hurt Wilfred but he knew that would just create problems and hoped Robert wouldn't start a fight either.

After toasting and feeling so awkward around Mina Kyren felt stronger feelings towards her but wasn't going to rush this maybe this was what went wrong with him and Cassy the cat girl who mated with him almost instantly. Kyren remembered that she had just left without even saying anything.

A waiter approached the table one arm holding a large pizza whilst balancing a a bowl of pasta, the waiter slid the pizza on the table down in front of Mina then laid the bowl of pasta down in front of Kyren.
"Enjoy your meal"
Kyren looked at both meals then at Mina.
"Would you like to give your own personal opinion on the food Mina?"
As Mina's leg rubbed against Kyren's he sat back in his seat and took a deep breath then felt his legs tense up. Kyren let on of his hands slide down beneath the table and reached forward to stroke Mina's leg gently.
Back to top Go down
Wrath

Wrath

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Robert was heavily caught off guard to find that the beautiful girl he saw on deck was following him.

"Oh, hello Beatrice. Thank you for that offer. Could you direct me to the ship's lower decks? I sensed something down there and thought to check it out but I am not quite as used to this ship as you are." Robert turned to head further into the ship. He hoped that Delphi would come along and lead the way.

"Yes, the water is quite lovely today. I did not think a human like you would understand its natural beauty." Turning around again, Robert noticed for the first time that Delphi's clothes were slightly damp. Having walked on deck after himself and Angelo, Robert figured that she had went for a swim earlier.

"The water was a bit cold though; must have been hard to stay in it for long." A wave of suspicion came over Robert. He felt more suspicious when he heard a crash coming from the deck.

"That better not have been what I though it was..." A slight frown appeared on Robert's face. "If you don't mind, Miss Beatrice, please lead the way."
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Victor was about to move to dodge Angelo's flying body and kick him onward, but fortunately (for Angelo) there was no need for Victor to do this. Victor marched coolly over to Angelo and stared out at him from under his hood.

"Leave," Victor commanded. "You have not been invited onto our ship and you have not once shown us any proof that you have a right to be here. All we have is the word of two individuals who could easily be nothing more than a pair of thieves. If you do not go now, I shall forcibly eject you from the premises. As for your partner..." Victor paused momentarily to keep himself from smiling. "...he went down below, so I figure it will not be long before he runs into my sister and considering that she has no idea who you are it is quite possible that he will not be breathing for much longer."
Back to top Go down
Lone

Lone

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:54 am

Trake saw that his bunk was a mess. Grog was spilled on the sheets, food stains were on the pillow. His tanto slash in the mattress, revealed the springs that cased the interior of the it.
"Who would do such a thing to my bed! My domain! This is madness!"
He shouted about the particular state of his bed before he realised it was his tanto that lay half hidden by the sheets.
He grinned as the events of last night flooded back to him. The fact that he had been the desiccator of his own "domain" didn't worry him and he instead stuck the knife into a sheath at his back.

He stopped walking back to the deck as heard steps coming down. He ducked back behind a crate. If this was one of the strangers he had seen, he would like to keep an eye on them.

Last edited by Trake+ on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company   Clockwork - Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serious: The Clockwork Pirates Chapter 4: The Eastern Line Trading Company
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next