One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Open RP Enkai Island

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
zoros_babe_1

zoros_babe_1

Open RP Enkai Island Empty
PostSubject: Open RP Enkai Island   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:01 pm

Oceana stepped onto the docks and surveyed her surroundings. It was definitely a festive island. There were restaurants, spas, swimming pools, dance clubs and an enormous amusement park in the center. Letting out a long exhale, she stretched her arms over her head and grinned. This was the vacation she'd been needing for a long time. Swinging her arms around down by her sides, she walked towards the heart of the island, with a little spring in her step. Undoubtedly her crew had already dispersed to all corners of the island to enjoy this hard-earned break. Chuckling softly to herself, she stopped and looked around again. What to do first? Eventually she'd do everything this island had to offer, but beginning was always the hardest part. Pursing her lips thoughtfully, she then grinned and headed off towards the spa.

(sorry it's not much, but it's enough to get it started right? ;3 )
Back to top Go down
http://teammomjeans.tumblr.com/
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Serious: Enkai Island (Open)   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:20 pm

The wrong company had landed on a festive Island, hoping to either procure fine goods, or sell some of their ale. James Corrigan was more relieved, ready to relax, while Dave was strictly on business. The harbor air was nice and salty, which made the town feel like home to the sea-dwellers. Dave grabbed a large keg, and carried it out, while James was still taking in the air. Dave slapped the keg harshly, signalling to James that he needed to pick up a barrel as well. James sighed out in an irritated tone, and grabbed a keg. He semi-struggled to carry it, feeling a bit dizzy from the warm breeze carried to him. He really was just unnerved at the fact he could be caught. Ever since he had joined the company, he had been a wanted criminal, but he hadn't really attempted anything that would make him a harsh criminal. While moaning, he stepped down the three stairs, leading from the dock to the town. He slipped, and fell down, the barrel braking open, spilling the alcohol all over him.
Back to top Go down
zoros_babe_1

zoros_babe_1

PostSubject: Re: Open RP Enkai Island   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:32 pm

Hearing a loud crash Oceana stopped dead in her tracks. She hadn't even made it that far from the docks and something was already wrong. Whipping around she saw the source of the crash. He had brown hair covered by a black baseball cap with a skull emblazoned on it. Clad in a black shirt, a brown leather jacket, worn and dark blue jeans, he looked to her like perhaps a dock worker or something. Rushing to his side, she crouched down next to him in the grog-soaked ground.

"Sir are you alright?" she asked, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear, "Do you need any help?"
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Serious: Enkai Island (Open)   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:43 pm

Corrigan looked at Dave and gave him a threatening look, "I'm getting up, boss.." He was obviously embarrassed, so much so that he had not noticed Oceana. He only recognized her as the marching grew closer to him, and her breath on him. "I'm fine, miss.." He got up slowly, brushing off his shirt, and taking off his cap. He whispered to himself, "that cap ain't cheap buddy. You messed up good." as he was wringing out his hat. He swiped up a bit of alcohol from the ground with his right hand and licked his finger. "We're lucky! It's a cheaper batch!" James yelled out to Dave, he was still frowning in a way that said, 'you're getting a week's pay docked,'. He looked back at Oceana, and put his hand out.

"My name's James Corrigan, how bout you?" He asked in a low class way, that showed he did not have high social graces, believable for a sea-dweller.
Back to top Go down
zoros_babe_1

zoros_babe_1

PostSubject: Re: Open RP Enkai Island   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:56 pm

Pressing her lips together, she kept herself from snickering about his muttering about his hat. If there was one thing she knew, being a seafarer, clothing was always bound to get ruined sooner or later. Being a pirate, it was ruined quicker than normal. Looking at his outstretched hand for a second, she took it a smiled graciously.

"Pleasure to meet you James." she said, "Captain Oceana Skye Edwards at your service. Just call me Ana."

In her head, she prayed he'd take that last suggestion. She wasn't too fond of her name. Most people either called her Ana, Skye or sometimes just Captain Edwards.
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Serious: Enkai Island (Open)   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:10 am

James snickered a little, laughing at her introduction. He shook his head, and rubbed his sore neck, carefully avoiding any glances from David, which was the best plan. He waved his hand, and from the sky came the storm-rider in albatross form. He ruffled it's feathers, and prepared his response.

"Ana, you're pretty bold. You really shouldn't introduce yourself that way, you'll get busted in no time." He laughed a little more, and then continued his speech, "you're definately a pirate... no one else would dress that way, or be glad to see a booze-covered smart-talkin' punk like me. Although, you aren't much of one, you haven't killed anyone yet have you?" He asked, suddenly pressing into her life... Then James apologized, "I really didn't mean to pry,"

He found her rather fascinating compared to David, who was rather intent on business, and rather lacking in violent outbursts, or the strange Allister, who was definately a lost cause.
Back to top Go down
zoros_babe_1

zoros_babe_1

PostSubject: Re: Open RP Enkai Island   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:24 am

Oceana's heart nearly stopped as he asked her if she had killed anyone. It was a gruesome topic she didn't like talking about. He must have seen the shock on her face as he apologized. Sighing, she shook her head and inhaled sharply, holding her breath momentarily.

"Hoo boy." she said as she exhaled, "Well, since you asked--" She paused again. It wasn't a subject she could talk about easily either. "Lots. My crew and I devastated a Marine base a few months ago. I will admit it's nothing I'm too proud of considering it was blind rage..." Her voice trailed off, sad and ashamed. Blinking hard and shaking her head she looked up and smiled as if she hadn't said anything about it.

"Don't worry about my boldness though. I'm proud of my pirate heritage and I'm not afraid of being caught by any marine."
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Serious: Enkai Island (Open)   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:29 am

James saw that he had messed up, and then he tried to make her feel better, "Don't feel to bad, Dave has done worse than that, and he's a good enough guy when you get to know him...." He said in a friendly tone, but then, whispering to himself, he took away his confidence, "I hope..." And then he smiled a bit, "but that just means you're a better pirate right?" He continued, "I mean, it's not like your a lame pickpocket, or god forbid," he stopped for a second feeling quite embarrassed, "just incooperative." He felt rather sad after saying that, as if he had just saw his hopes and dreams wither away and die.
Back to top Go down
zoros_babe_1

zoros_babe_1

PostSubject: Re: Open RP Enkai Island   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:42 am

Tugging on her silver hoop-earring nervously, she bit her bottom lip. This conversation had become severely awkward for her. James was probably feeling the same way. After shuffling a bit, some of her confidence came back. Looking up at him through her eyelashes, the corners of her lips curled upwards. She wasn't quite sure herself if she was being flirty or not, but it certainly seemed that way.

"Alright, that was a bit weird for a first meeting. What do you say, you go get a change of clothes and we start over? I'll buy us drinks and I'll even replace that keg you dropped."

Kindness she thought was one of her best qualities. Pirates usually weren't thought of as kind, but she liked to be different. Standing out was always a good thing to her.
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Serious: Enkai Island (Open)   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:57 am

"I can't take money from a kind stranger" James said in a friendly way, "Stay here, I'll be back soon," He said, and then he was off. Whether it was a hint of romance, an urge to get a way from the awkward situation, or a stronger urge to escape work, it made him move fast. Once he arrived at the ship, he hussled inside. He met with Allister, and he had a quick conversation, it went like this. "what's the hurry?" "Got some personal business" And then he went to his quarters. He changed, and flew out, which was incredibly unneccessary, on his hang-glider.

"Sorry for the wait, I had personal business..." He said, in an eager way.
Back to top Go down
zoros_babe_1

zoros_babe_1

PostSubject: Re: Open RP Enkai Island   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:04 am

Oceana giggled a little at his eagerness. From the looks of it, he was more than happy to get away from this, 'Dave' character.

"That was quite the entrance there on the hang-glider." she said, eying the contraption. This one's a dreamer, she thought to herself. She recognized his type. Looping her arm through his, she winked.

"Shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Serious: Enkai Island (Open)   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:10 am

Dave was still watching him, which didn't make him very happy, but as he heard "What fun are we gonna have today?" He knew it would be fine. It seemed Allister had to cause some chaos. Not that he minded.

He turned to her and closed the hang-glider, letting it fly off in albatross form. "I had to be quick, I mean, it's rude to blow off someone who's waiting for you..." He looked at her, and thought I wonder if Dave'll understand when I explain... Nah... but it's worth it. He snapped out of his thoughts, and said, "Yeah, lets go..."

With his free hand he waved to Dave, who was still watching him. Dave saw his hand go up, and growled a bit. However, he just got angrier, as James gave him the finger, and snickered at the fading sound of an angry David.
Back to top Go down
zoros_babe_1

zoros_babe_1

PostSubject: Re: Open RP Enkai Island   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:16 am

(last post for tonight)

This time around Oceana let herself laugh. James reminded her of a certain little brother. As they headed towards one of the bars, she asked him various questions.

"So James, what exactly is your situation right now?" she asked, "You don't seem to like your job all that much."

(sorry poor post on my part, but I'm shutting down for the night. My brain isn't functioning properly anymore ;P )
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Serious: Enkai Island (Open)   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 am

James took a big breath, and exhaled. He sighed, and then rubbed his forehead a little... "Well, you see..." He had trouble finding a way to start, but as soon as he got going, he got going. "I am a sort of machine builder, and the navy wanted me to help them. I told them to shove it, and they stole my machine. I ran away from them to save my dreams, and the pigs followed me. Dave helped me out, but now I'm his chore boy..." He sighed some more, "Right now, I think I should be a real pirate, not an honest man... I'm already wanted, sort of.."
Back to top Go down
zoros_babe_1

zoros_babe_1

PostSubject: Re: Open RP Enkai Island   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:18 am

Eyes and grin widening she nodded as she listened. He was an engineer of sorts and James was exactly what she needed. Seeing the small bit of disappointment in his face, she hoped that it was enough for her next move.

"There is such thing as being a pirate and an honest person James." she said, "You didn't want them stealing your dream and I think that's a perfectly good reason to defy them."

As they entered the bar, she spotted the hulking frame of her first mate, Nova Erikson. Waving to the half giant, she pulled James over towards Nova.

"Oh James, here's someone I want you to meet." she said, holding out her hand to Nova, "This is my first mate, Nova Erikson. Nova this is James Corrigan."

Nova eyed James a little suspiciously, then smiled, outstretching his massive hand for James.

"Honor to meet you James. Any friend of the captain's is a friend of mine." he said gruffly.
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Serious: Enkai Island (Open)   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:13 pm

"Wow..." James said shaking the massive hand of Nova Erikson. He was shocked by the fact that Nova was so huge, but what shocked him more was that Oceana knew him.
"So you're Ana's first mate? That makes you a pirate eh?" He asked, looking at the two, "this crew might turn out to be pretty good. Dave's gonna be jealous..." James laughed out.
"So Ana, I haven't asked yet, wanna have a ride? The glider isn't that hard to use..." He smiled, and then looked at Nova, and in a less happy tone, "You're a bit too big for the Storm-rider..."
Back to top Go down
zoros_babe_1

zoros_babe_1

PostSubject: Re: Open RP Enkai Island   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:16 pm

Oceana beamed with pride. Her pirate crew was pretty good, if she did say so herself. Although, there was always room for more. Nova let out a deep, rumbling laugh as James turned to him and told him he was too big to ride his glider.

"Tha's alrigh'," he said, "I prefer to keep my feet on the ground anyways. You two go on ahead without me." Giving Ana an encouraging nod, he patted her roughly on the back. Wheezing, as the air was knocked out of her, she gave Nova a thumbs up and smiled weakly.

"I would love to ride your glider James."
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Serious: Enkai Island (Open)   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:07 pm

The albatross came riding in as soon as he had clapped his hands. He snapped his fingers, and it turned back into a glider. He signalled for her to follow him out of the bar, and then started to explain.
"Basically, hold onto the bar, and put your feet out... You won't need to steer, because if anything goes wrong, I can turn it back into a bird, and it'll catch you.."
He walked toward a cliff as soon as he had said that, but before leaving, he gave Nova a glance that said, "don't worry."
Back to top Go down
zoros_babe_1

zoros_babe_1

PostSubject: Re: Open RP Enkai Island   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:11 pm

Giving the glider a nervous look, she listened to James's instructions and nodded a little absently. Nova looked quite worried himself.

"Okay James, I'm counting on you to save me if anything goes wrong." Oceana said jokingly before she swallowed hard and grasped the bar on the glider. Holding on firmly, she gave a running start and leaped off of the cliff side. It was an exhilarating feeling. Her stomach fluttered as the glider caught the air currants and helped her soar over the island. Relaxing a little bit, she giggled at the feeling of flying. She felt so free. She was loving this.
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Serious: Enkai Island (Open)   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:14 pm

James looked at her, and then warned her. "Be careful, the navy wants that glider. If they see you, they could come after you..." Then James sighed.

"I'm probably being overly nervous, but something just feels wrong." James briefly said, "Don't get hurt. If you do, the big guy will kill me." James looked around, "I think I see two or three officers, but it may just be me."
Back to top Go down
zoros_babe_1

zoros_babe_1

PostSubject: Re: Open RP Enkai Island   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:19 pm

Oceana laughed and veered around back towards James, completely unaware of anything going on below. She had heard his warnings, but she wasn't worried. Not one bit.

"Don't worry! Nova wouldn't hurt a fly." Ana said, "I don't think we're in any danger in our current position."

(sorry, poor post on my part)
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Serious: Enkai Island (Open)   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:26 pm

((We desperately need a plot))
James laughed as he saw her flying, obviously enjoying the experience of flying. He laughed about another thing, as he thought of the grizzly man, and his rough voice. He waited a second, just before talking, to make sure she was flying straight.
"Really? Could've fooled me?" James said, and then, he continued, "actually, it did." He thought it was funny, Nova, the one with a likeness to a large bear, was gentle. "Reminds me of a book... gonna call him the friendly giant."
Back to top Go down
zoros_babe_1

zoros_babe_1

PostSubject: Re: Open RP Enkai Island   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:37 pm

((you just got approved on my crew, perhaps we can bring that and the marines in and go from there perhaps?))

Letting out a thunderous laugh, Nova gave James an unintentionally hard slap on the back. Calming down he sighed.

"That's the best one I've heard so far." he said in his usual low rumble. Oceana grinned and circled over the city once more. Admittedly, she did like the feeling of sailing better, but flying was the nest best thing.
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Serious: Enkai Island (Open)   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 1:22 am

James sighed, and then looked around nervously. "Soo... we haven't really gotten to know eachother Nova..." He was trying to be friendly for Ana, but it wasn't an easy task for him. "What's your favorite thing to do round here? Drink? Eat? Sleep?" This seemed rather condescending.
Back to top Go down
zoros_babe_1

zoros_babe_1

PostSubject: Re: Open RP Enkai Island   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 1:27 am

Nova gave somewhat of an approving smile as he put his hands on his hips and sighed. His eyes then turned to his captain as he answered.

"Well, I can't say I don't like doing those things, but my idea of a good time is either reading a good book or a long distance run." Nova said as Oceana managed to make her way back to the cliff and landed. Stumbling a little towards James, she laughed a little nervously.

"Well, that was a little less than graceful."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Open RP Enkai Island   Open RP Enkai Island Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Open RP Enkai Island
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next