One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 3:08 pm

"Do as you like." Claws protruded as she began to climb the building's side. While she meant to distract the citizens who were out for their blood and lead them away, she couldn't just leave Catz like that - in a weakened state and with an enemy who could awaken at at time. She sighed softly as she climbed back down. She gazed at Cats, long and hard - she still didn't like him but she wouldn't abandon him and to do that she had to trust him with a bit of information only her original was aware of.

She has intentionally refrained from using her ability, not wanting anyone to know about her full potential. Things always went better when enemies underestimated you. She approached Catz placing an index finger over her lips, asking for his silence. She closed her eyes, release washing over her as her body grew and changed, somewhere between a sigh and a soft roar was emitted as her wings stretched for the first time in ages. She now towered over the both of them, collecting both figures in one arm before leaping skyward, wings opening to gently settle them upon the roof of the place as she landed low, so as not to be seen, kneeling as she set Catz and the soldier down under a wing before her body returned to its prior shape.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm

"Oh my ..." He witnessed all of this, her demeanor change, her approach, this display. The revelation, albeit a surprise, left him with a faint smile rather than an expression of pure shock, or maybe even terror. Must have witnessed a lot in the past.

"So that explains some things ... you had the vibe. Of a Fruit user I mean. But that is truly spectacular." He adds, then sighs, and looks above. The rain wouldn't seize. "That general ... he died because of me being a weakling. So I can't have that dagger. Sorry for not establishing that in a somewhat more polite or civilized manner."
Back to top Go down
http://santoryu-phoenix.tumblr.com
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 9:23 am

"Vibe. I see..." She sighed recognizing the look of guilt regarding someone close falling within arms reach - the helplessness and guilt that haunts your soul as those last moments play over and over in ones thoughts and dreams. It took her a long time to stop torturing herself over her father, her sister, her mother, her best friend and even that same general who was her father's best friend ... though the guilt still haunted her every time she failed their to preserve their wishes and memories - or when someone close to her was in danger ... the ghosts of those lost would hang over her as if waiting for a new member to their ranks.

"The general ... made a decision. It was his decision, not yours. He saved both of us really - but he always intended to stay there on that battlefield ... for eternity. He... he was already dying before the war even began and ... wanted to depart life in his home, defending his home, and protecting his queen. He didn't have much time left and would have refused to spend them on what he called 'foreign devil shores' ... the island was uninhabitable for some time after ... and if you saw him at the end, it was because that's what he wanted ... the last decision he made. Perhaps the blade was meant for you after all."

Her expression changed, reflecting more sadness than rage for once. "The time we have was given to us by him ... and now we have our own decisions to make that will leave ripples in the world ... protecting the same land - in saving us, he ensured his home would be protected long after the disease would have claimed his life." She handed him the hilt of the ornate dagger once more. "So stop sulking and ... protect it. You can't change the past and you can't make decisions for someone else. Every man is responsible for his own destiny."
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 11:50 am

"Right ..." The mink slowly raised himself from the sitting position, and cracks his neck. "Suppose that this time's motivation talk should be on you." he states, most likely a callback to when he was the one to speak some sense to her back at the island, before they had that Hawks-split personality handled.

The captive had begun to move around, waking up from the slumber -he was actually asleep rather than knocked out, his drunked state still present. Approaching him, Catz created a very small "Room" manifestation. Then, looking with condemn at the male's face, he decapitated him -with his fruit ability. That event was enough to scare their captive, who burst out in screams, then realized he was in no pain at all.

"Let's get going now, then. Gotta first solve the disappearing riddle, if we wish to protect that place, together." he says, the position and the way the had was held resembling the "To be or not to be" act.

Somewhere else ...
"Shit ... it seems that there is far more mobilization than we expected ..." Brosko whispers to Mark, who was next to him, and they were both, actually, inside a cargo container that was being moved towards the palace. Not too long ago, they heard some really unpleasant news.

"We have been informed that a bunch of pirates that mean danger to our nation's protection are to arrive. We will offer you a list, courtesy of our associate, known as "Ikaros" ... apprehend them all. We have also dispatched that certain man to capture them. His ability to cause anything to vanish should surely help destabilize their will and advances ... we have struck a deal with him. 500,000,000 per head. Soon he will bring some of them to us. Execute them at once."

"Damn, what do we do now? I mean, we got in there but ... all that implies that we have been tricked! Cat-sir was right!" Mark nodded against what the ape said. "No, this isn't the work of Sir Xan ... call it a hunch, but I have a feeling that he is being tricked too. But, what do we do now indeed? We heard them, they caught some. Maybe everyone else sans us ..."

Some moments of silence were followed, before a heavy voice was heard, it being Brosko's. "I have an idea ... but, for it to work, we need ... a bait." Mark smirks. "Good. I had the exact same idea."
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 1:35 pm

Jade pulled the hood of her cloak back over her head as she observed the man's body being separated from his head.  She considered stealing his clothing again but the last thing she needed to do was draw more attention to herself. She paused a moment for that cat the finish his theatrics, her eyes emitted a soft green glow within the shadow op the hood that obscured her face.  

Without another word, she dropped off of he roof, her cloak fluttering softly behind her, she laded on a stack of crate outside of a tavern before continuing her decent to the ground. Just then her hand was grabbed - She pulled her blade, staring down the masked figure in front of her. "Calm down it's just me..."

As the familiar voice and was emitted, she stood down only slightly.  "What the hell is going on, Xan?  Where the hell is my crew..."

"I don't know - I have people working on it.  There's no time -- come with me." Reluctantly she followed him through an alley, looking back, unsure if Catz was following,  before descending through an underground tunnel system. Finally they emerged in a small space full of silks with a door - pushing the door open from what wasa apparently a closet with a false door, they were now in a fine room where a tall woman waited.  

Xan took off his mask and rough tunic, revealing his fine clothing underneath.  "Jade, this is my wife, Lexana - she's going to help.  I know you won't suffer hiding while your crew is missing but she will help you move about the city more freely while my men search."

Lexana cast her dark, clever gaze upon Jade, her elegant frame wrapped in fine silk and her hair high in loose chestnut curls. "Hello, Jade - it would seem that you've stumbled into quite the mess ... our families can be quite hostile.  It seems that their motivations have exceeded our worst fears - but you shouldn't have to worry about all that."

Lexana spoke in an almost condescending tone to Jade, seemingly thinking she was a tourist with no understanding of the islands in question she abruptly invaded Jade's space, pushing her hood back. "Hmmm... very nice."  She pushed the cloak off of her shoulders allowing it to crumple at Jade's feet, revealing the unfortunate clothing choice sent to her by her crew. She quirked a suspicious brow at Xan who was beginning to blush and look away. "Very nice indeed - but what... what was the ... motivation behind these garments, my dear? Not often a human can make a fishman blush ... myself included, it seems. "

Jade was a combination of offended by the condescension, shocked by the invasive disrobing, and embarrassed about her clothing - so she stood silently for a moment before responding.  "My idiotic ... crew packed my belongings after an unforeseen attack.  I have no idea where this ... contraption ... came from. - WHY are you touching me?"

"I need your measurements so you can hide in plain sight while looking for this 'crew' of misguided fashion designers."

Jade was growing more impatient. "Part of them are from the island in question - as am I. It is my home.  What in hell does your family want with a barren wasteland that was ravaged by the WG?"  Jade was disturbed as the only other creatures after it were after the ancient weapon. "Don't tell me they're also chasing an old legend ..."

Lexana and Xan both looked surprised.  Neither were aware she was a native.  "Legend? You really don't know, do you? I'm afraid to tell you that it is no legend ... they're after this weapon - we found evidence in the archives of their interest and its existence - that's why they want Xan to take another wife with the princess - she is somehow the key to that weapon."

Jade felt cold.  She had to find her people, the princess, and get them them hell out of here before things got worse.  Xan dismissed himself for tea while Lexana had called in some of her staff which all, including herself worked away tirelessly on Jade.

When Jade came down the stairs she was nearly unrecognizable.  She wore a tunic dress the center made of overlapping panels that allowed for ease of movement and concealed trousers underneath. A matching blue cape hung over one shoulder, the edges and underside gold, the colours apparently signifying the ruling family. Her hair was a chestnut brown now, pulled high in a series of intricate braids before cascading softly over her shoulders. "Xadrian - I'd like you to meet my ... cousin ... Kaliana."

Pleased with his wife's work, her briskly walked over to take Jade's hand at the bottom of the stairs.  In her face he saw the most profound discomfort he'd ever witnessed in any species.  Her expression something like a wet cat the was put in a sweater made out of bees. Her still distinctive green eyes gave him a look that made him stagger backwards in instinctive, involuntary motions to distance himself from certain death. "The pleasure's all mine, Kaliana?"

"Correct.  I damn sure didn't get any pleasure from this."

Laxana approached Jade with a sympathetic look.  "I'll go into the city with you for enough of the guard to see us together that they will leave you alone - these garment colors and types will also get you access to anything you need.  I'll see as soon as you like and feel comfortable to venture out.  Keep your head high and act like you belong.  Your garments were custom cut for movement and your cape should effectively conceal your weapons - but those have been decorated with jewels to look like traditional ceremonial blades. "  Lexana laced her gloved fingers with Jades, her clever, sharp demeanor changing to something warm and welcoming.  "Come cousin - lets visit the city - I have not seen you in so long."

Jade gave a long sigh before standing tall, adopting an elegant composure and following along with Lexana into the streets, smiling and pointing out the beautiful architecture. As guards gave long lingering looks at Jade - which were more creepy and authentically security-based Lexana would raise a brow suggestively at Jade. Laxana whispered under her breath "make them like you..." Jade reminded herself by the minute that eating Lexana would not be helpful before waving at a few guards with a forced smile.  She felt like a goddamn show-pony. Hopefully no one she knew would ever see her like this.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 1:53 pm

"Oh, for Zou's sake, where did she went off to?" Catz lamented; apparently he distracted himself for long enough for her to disappear too. Althought he was fairly certain that she wasn't abducted, too. He sat down, playing with the unfortunate's man head in the form of lightly tossing it up and down. "Now, need you to answer some of my questions." he added, stopping, and looking at the completely freaked out male -or rather, his head. He figured that he could just get all the info needed while she was absent.

Nearby, the rumbling of approaching steps alarmed him. They were, after all, not too far away from where they were located. He had to be careful. As if he read his mind, he quickly shut the drunken man's mouth, just as he was about to scream out to alert them of their location. Where they heck did she go? They said they were gonna work this out together, and then she left. Women are such a pain, he thought, with a sigh releasing some of the tension and annoyance.

Thrown once again, this time into what seemed like a prison cell, Hawks grew more agitated. He really did not appreciated being tossed all over the place as if he was a discarded rag doll no one wanted to play with. In there, he saw the others; seemingly knocked out cold. "Do not worry about your friends. They are merely sedated. They are not dead. That will have to wait for later." the voice from before coldly remarks, almost no emotion aside a light hint of sadism.

"Why are you doing this?" Hawks questions, while the figure pulls down a string, causing a light to flash, thus emerging fully from the shadows. "Why, you ask? Why, it is a living. Mainly." The person behind the bars was an above-average in height, slender man, wearing a dark grey suit that was not completely masking his clearly well-toned and strong physique. Black hair pushed to the left, alongside large glasses in front of blue, sharp, confident eyes.

Introduction Box:
Oreskos "Catalogue" Martinez
An underworld mercenary, broker, and a historian
Bounty: 350,000,000 Beli

"But also, because ... I dislike you, blonde." He adds, pushing his glasses back towards his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 2:11 pm

Lexana walked with Jade pointing out architecture while smiling in an admiring fashion while actually informing Jade of guard posts and secret routes. Jade absorbed the useful information carefully all while trying to look admiring of the city. She still couldn't help but notice the way the guards looked at her. Noticing this, Lexana sighed. "You should know ... I have many cousins who visit ... and most of them ... have had a particular ... fondness for the uniformed denizens of the city. Several have been whisked away to their rich estates - I supposed being married to rich, beautiful women is more appealing than guard duty. They ... are likely hoping you are another such cousin. ... so maybe don't give them too much attention ... just enough to get what you need."

Jade was even more uncomfortable. Not only did she have to pretend to be spoiled royal tourist, she had to do so while the being drooled over by a population who had every reason to think she'd like it. The best part about abandoning her own title was not having to live as a human trophy people fought over without even knowing her ... and somehow she ended here. She pointed to a tree full of fruits while smiling. "Is there any word on where my crew is ... I have to find him--them... all of them"

Lexana pulled one of the fruits, offering it to Jade wile taking one for herself. "We have information of an unauthorized vessel - apparently not affiliated with out family either... we're trying to investigate but our scouts haven't returned. You shouldn't approach. It's far too dangerous."

Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 2:25 pm

"Over there, it is one of the people we are instructed to apprehend!"
"How did he get so close to the palace?"
"Doesn't matter, we have to get him!"

An uproar was taking place at the palace, as a vast majority of the security personel was now after Mark, who had suddenly appeared and lured most of them to chase after him.

Flashback from a little while ago of them discussing, Mark and Brosko.
"I will act as bait and draw as much attention needed, while you will sneak in and see if you can get any info? You sure you can do it better than me? You don't seem like the stealth type."
"Trust me, this is my expertize ..."

Back to present, Mark was running away, but not fast enough to ensure that they'd lose track of him. "Damn ... that bastard really is good at it ..." he speaks to himself, apparently having witnessed some of Brosko's attempt before taking off. "Now I have to be a good bait ... but .. Not to be eaten! It is a metaphor!" he yells to himself, accidentally -albeit what he wanted in the end, drawing even more attention.

Meanwhile, in the shadows, and across the rooms, and above on the ceiling, a shadow was moving at impressive speed. Holding what seemed to be a map, potentially stolen by someone working here, Brosko managed to stick under some conditioning system, and reached the room, guarded heavily since there was an emergency of sorts at the moment, where the royal couple was. Reaching from above, he reached into his pocket and removed a small Den Den Mushi, which he brought close to a hole. Apparently some form of spy-related variation. "Alright ... Mark's acts should alert them enough ... now I just need them to spill the beans ..." he whispers to himself, acting surprisingly professionally for a person that up to this point was, for the most part, an eyesore.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 2:40 pm

Jade stopped listening at the first mention of a clue. Dager only mattered to if you had something to lose and yet again, she lost everything that mattered - so no the only thing that mattered was getting it all back ... from the most precious to the most annoying. She meandered about with feigned interest in this and that making a natural progression into the direction of the docks, tossing a lingering glance at guards here and there, being sure to be regarded as a visiting family member on the ruling family. Lexana seemed to notice their trajectory. "I thought as much"

Jade pointed to the colossus at the docks with glee. "You should go back home - you don't need to be captured either. We have too many people working against us ... Xan will need you."

Lexana nodded - smiled and hugged Jade while placing a kiss on her cheek, much to the delight of the guard who began paying more attention than usual. Lxana was speaking louder now, with a gleeful pitch - much other of character for the clever creature Jade had come to know. "I'll see you soon, cousin! Do stay out of mischief won't you, Kaliana? - You're driving my guards absolutely mad!" She just had to go there. It was a useful ploy to set Jade up as tease-bait for the ones watching here but it was still so obnoxious.

Jade watched Lexana depart for a moment before she turned her attention to the docks, observing the ornate ports various architecture and stature decor while her eyes probed the vessels for clues. There would be no mercy for the captors - she would see to it personally.

Jade
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 2:51 pm

At the location where their ship was, Catz was relocated and hidden nearby, leaving the man tied up on a pole at the place he was hiding earlier; apparently he extracted whatever bit of information he could get from him, and returned closer to the outpost. He was having a gut feeling that he should return, and he was right. Many officials and warriors have gathered around Jade's ship. And between, he could spot a figure, that was neither a member of the Fishmen, the Mermen, or even a mercenary human working for them. This was a pirate. And a known pirate, too. And he seemed to have been giving them advice. Why was that the case?

"Uh, are you sure we should do that, Sir Platon?" a Merman guard questions, but then squeals in fear as the pirate glares at him. He had a very intimidating posture, and that long, wavy white beard, wild beard, was not helping in making him feel any less dangerous or stern. He must have been at least in his late fifties, and beared the insignia that made Catz gulp with a, controlled, but still existing, horror. That was the insignia and mark of the Yonko that was involved with the Shichibukai. Why was he giving orders?

And then a scary thought crossed his mind. *New World islands ... are usually under the protection of one of the 4 Emperors ... don't tell that ... Fishman island is part of his turf? Why didn't that Fishman told a thing? Is this a recent event not even he knew? This is bad ... if my assumption is right ... we are in grave peril.*
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 3:19 pm

Jade saw some guard around her ship and grew nervous. She decided to use her new alias to try to confuse them a bit. She put on her best pout, her eyes sad and glassy and she approached them looking a bit lost. She held her chin high, her stride confident and elegant. Delicate fingers began to twirl through the ends of her hair as she reached the group. "Excuse my gentlemen. I'm afraind my cousin Lady Lexana has left me on my own... and admittedly I didn't pay the best attention to the city's layout because I was so distracted by the beautiful architecture and ... " she gave them all a lingering playful gaze while sligthtly biting her lower lip suggestively "... other delightful scenery. I'm afraid she volunteered your services but I wouldn't want to draw you away if your busy ... I... I just.." She look at the ground, her foot slightly scratching at the ground. She gazed up with sad soft green eyes shaded under thick long eyelashes. "I'd just like to get back to my to the chateau ... it's so lonely here."
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 3:29 pm

"J-Jade?! Umph ..." Catz spazzed and nearly screamed that name out, but managed to close his own mouth just in time to prevent his location from being revealed. He couldnt' help but feel confused. What was with that new appearance? *Are you kidding me?! I was doing all the heavy work, was ready to sacrifice my life to protect your own ship, and you was having a make-over?!* He was thinking to himself, as he was getting so upset and at the same time jealous, thinking she was actually just relaxing all that time while he was doing all the hard work, that he almost released fumes from his ears. Regardless, he decided to remain hidden and observe. She must have had something in mind, but in case things went bad -again, he'd jump into and help.

"Oh my, s-she is so cute and beautiful!" The majority of the guards, especially the human mercenaries, went all lovie-dovey upon her arrival, and even more so after she spoke like that. Only Platon widened his eyes and glared at her, almost as if ready to assault her. And then he suddenly bowed so hard and so deep down, that his face broke into the ground. "AH, MR. PLATON HURT HIMSELF!!"

"Hello, fair lady!" Platon yelled. He then nodded at the guards, while sporting a big blush. "Escort the lady, all of ya, will ya? We will handle the disposure of this ship later." So, they had indeed gathered to destroy the ship. Good timing.

While all of the guards and the like joined her and were to depart, Platon, the only one not to follow, glared at her from behind the crowd. That glare was different. It was suspicious. As if he was alerted by something.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 4:05 pm

Jade still had acute cat light hearing.  She noticed the location of her companion while not daring to look directly in his direction, her face only displaying a plea to stay in hiding and stand down. Surely he wasn't daft enough to think she was trying to have a vacation. She hated herself for this absurd act and hated the guards more because it was so damn effective.  At least it was going to get them away from her ship and away from Catz.   She eyed the larger member of the group, his eyes not carrying the same instant affection - he wasn't so stupid, it seemed - but she couldn't let him know she was aware he wasn't buying it.  

Her eyes were soft and humble.  She took his hand in both of hers with a slight bow.  "Thank you for your kind assistance.  My cousin didn't tell me how large and beautiful this island was - I am filled with wonder and awe at the scenery and at the kindness of the people.  I must tell her of your kindness - if you'd like to give me your name?... Oh, I'm sorry I'm wasting more of your time. Good day, kind sir."  She lowered her eyes looking apologetic as a stray curl escaped, and delicately lingered on her cheek giving her more of an air of innocence.

She turned her attention to her escort. "Thank you all for helping me ... I thought I would be lost out here forever..." Her finger twirled around the lock of hair that danced across her soft cheek. "I wish I knew more about all of the beautiful places in the city - I passed so many while I was getting my silly self lost and was so sad that I didn't know anything about them..." Her eyes landed upon the nearby colossus at the docks. "Mmmm - I wish I knew more about that glorious erection... " her eyes trailed to a nearby ornate arch "... and this triumphant monument too.  Oh how lucky you all are to live here.  I bet you'd make the most wonderful ... " she paused placing her fingertips over her lips, blushing as she looked at the ground again "... and handsome ... tour guides." Her sad eyes lingered upon each of them once more - a look of pleading temptation. "... but i could never ask that - you've all done so much already."
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 3:04 pm

"Y-you can count on us all!" A collective voice coming from all those gathered around her served as both a reply to her, as well as confirmation that they had completely fallen for her ruse. "Am sure we can handle the ship belonging to those cretins later anyway." one's voice is heard, equally silly and captivated as the myriad of nonsense spoken by everyone else.

*Good, she is carrying everyone else away ... but the actual issue of a person hasn't moved from that spot ...* Catz thinks to himself, as he awkwardly watches the large Platon repeat the act of bowing at Jade so deeply that his face created a craten on the ground. *That is solid granite and he is busting it like it is nothing; with his face! We need to get this man away from the ship.*

"Name's Platon, glad to meet you!" Platon suddenly yells, as if he only now realized that his name was asked. *EH?! IS HE CLEVER OR A COMPLETE MORON AFTER ALL?!* Catz thinks to himself, but barely able to contain his disbelief and confusion over that man.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 11:44 pm

Her lips tugged into a smile as they all encircled her, agreeing to her time wasting tour of the city. Her voice was soft and coy as both of her arms linked with the arms of the two guards on either side of her. "Oh - wonderful. I'm grateful to you all - I may never leave if all of you spoil me like this ..." She felt sick just listening to herself. She was annoyed, uncomfortable, and unsure of where the hell most of her crew was. She gave her ship a final glance to remind herself of what her performance was buying. That ship was simply freedom - made of wood and sails - it was worth this terrible costumed production, it was worth everything.

The finely stitched tunic she wore laced up both the front and the back tightly, compressing and pushing her chest upward as it clung to her rib cage. Her collar was oversized and bothersome, the fabric thick and heavy. How do people function in this sort of clothing? It took four people to get her into the damn thing, she was certain should would have to be cut out of it.

She walked with her entourage, occasionally excitedly pointing out a landmark here and there that they would tell her about - sometimes the feigned awe causing her to gasp, inhaling just enough to cause her chest to rise almost to the point of escaping its corseted fabric prison before exhaling - just to make sure her audience didn't tire of her. Her eyes sharply analyzed the architecture around the city as she pretended to be interested i random clock towers, arches, statues, columns, and large buildings.

She hated situations like this - when she didn't know who to fight and when lives that were not her own were on the line. It was fine to have an enemy in front of you... to risk your own neck fighting - but this elaborate game of parading around the town like an idiot in the world's must uncomfortable clothing made death seem almost appealing. Someone was going to pay for the time she was spending imprisoned in this clothing ... in this entire obnoxious idiotic damsel situation.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 4:35 pm

From the other side, a group, not as large but still commentable in volume, was approaching them. This group seemed different in composition, being made mostly by Mermen and some humans in the middle. And, walking in front of everyone was a woman with raven hair. She was one of the 5 offsprings of the Great Yonko, known by the monicker "Fortune Maker". She seemed intrigued by the size of the approaching crowd of individuals.

"Mmmm, and who are you, may I ask? You seem ... famous." She questions Jade, tilting her head to her left side slightly, and offering her a sly grin. "My name is Liliana, but you may call em Lili, if you please." she adds, her tone, despite not necessarily cruel or mean-spirited, hinted some decree of fakery and belittlement. On closer inspection, those humans in the center of the group seemed bizarre. They gave off the impression that they were not alive, in fact, they were resembling freshly demised bodies, suspented into animation by some force.

She turns to the Mermen and snarls. "How much longer until I can go? My minions cannot quite tolerate such immense humidity and ... salt." She draws closer to Jade, and walks around her, almost as if analyzing her.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 10:35 am

Jade eyes the approaching woman - she seemed familiar, dangerous really.  She was in no position to bother with her as she was currently surrounded by enemies she was trying to lead away from her ship.  Her demeanor never change from her wide-eyed glee of a new place to explore. "Me?  Oh - no I'm just here visiting family. These kind officers have agreed to give me a tour of this lovely place.  You're free to join us - if not enjoy your stay."

Jade watched them with a doe-eyed look on her face as the woman passed by with her henchmen - she clearly had some powerful tie with the sea to have such aquatic associates.  Amateurs - if you were trying to figure someone out don't overtly act like you're about to get out a measuring tape. She wanted to check on her ship and Catz ... mostly her ship, but she dared not look back.  The last thing she needed right now was more enemies and more attention.

She would have been less cautious under any other circumstances but since multiple parties were actively after the weapon and the heir to the islands that protected it - albeit the wrong heir, she had to be extra cautions because her actions affected more lives than only her own.  Her life didn't matter to her ... it never really had, cursed such as  it was.  Her only will to survive came from something worth protecting. Fitting she should be bound in soul to a sphinx.

Just thin a superior officer was approaching the group.  He saluted the guards around Jade for acknowledging her.  "Lady Lexana has sent me to make sure her cousin gets the most from her time of the city. You would be Lady Kaliana, I presume?" He signaled the guards gathered to continue their accompaniment.

Jade tilted her head a bit.  "Yes, I'm Kaliana - I see my cousin doesn't trust me to stay out of trouble - so much that she's dispatched are reconnaissance unit of trained professionals to look after me ..."  She suddenly looked sad, as if on the cusp of tears.  "...and here I thought you all were kind and ... and even liked me but you were just following orders."
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 4:51 am

"Mmm? Are you ignoring me, darling?" Liliana addressed to the superior officer that had just arrived and spoke to "Kaliana". She approached them, then extended her arm, and waved back at her underlings and companions, signaling them to continue with whatever objective they had to meet, rather than await for her. She then turned to "Kaliana" and her own group, smiling broadly. There was something odd about that smile. While most of them -if not all, giving Jade a "tour" would likely take this smile the same way as they took Jade's act, surely the Sphix would be able to tell that she was playing them, too.

Meanwhile, not too far from them, but no longer visible on the curve, Catz was still, while hidden, observing and effectively "guarding" the ship. Everyone from that bunch had left, outside of that one pirate. Around him was a plethora of people of varying tribes minding their own business; this was an outpost from where ships would enter the island.

The pirate was sitting close to the ship, observing it, not moving much at all. Catz was becoming more and more restless. Perhaps that vagabond was considering attempting to dismantle the ship all by himself. *This man, if I recall correctly, has a bounty of over half a billion ... sure, the New World is filled with such numbers, but still, that set of digits marks him as a dangerous veteran. I need to keep watch.*

Elsewhere, Hawks was left in the darkness, everyone else still fast asleep. "Guys .. I can't believe you are still asleep. What the crud did he gave you?" He looked to the door, due to hearing a light cracking sound. For all he knew, he was watched. Apparently that glassy bastard had someone working for him that had a disappearing-related ability. Perhaps he was right behind these bars, observing. He had to figure out a way to make sure he cannot be seen. Rather, what he was intending to do about those shackles should not be seen by them.

To the palace, Mark was still occupied with drawing as much attention as possible. Suddenly, as he was running around, a loud explosion stopped him on his tracks. "This is it ... they probably want to blow up my path to stop me ... I hope that the rest are fin-EEEEEH?! A-APE-MAN?!"

From within the debris, Brosko was visible, battered but still concious. He noticed Mark approaching, while the voices of the numerous guards catching up to them becomming louder and louder. "What happened here? Are you ok?!" "W-we need to find Mr. Xan and tell him immediately!" Brosko yells. "H-he ... he too, is in danger!"
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 2:54 pm

The officer eyed Liliana, not sure how to place her.  He was only sent to look after one trouble maker, he didn't expect anyone else. "My apologies, madam - I was sent to keep this one out of mischief during her first visit to the island.  Is there something I can assist you with?"

Jade watched the exchange keeping a doe-eyed expression on her face while watching the woman carefully.  No one casually visits this place for attention unless they are relatives of the ruling family - for her to even make it here implies great strength or at least a connection to someone powerful.  She had more than enough to worry about with out trying to figure out the motives of this stranger.  She would keep an eye on her - but for the moment she was trying to be polite enough for the woman to lose interest and leave.

----

Xan turned as the captain of his personal guard approached. He saluted at the door while Xan waved off the decorum and instructed him to sit while he pour tea for the two of them.  "My sources have lost track of all but two of the travelers - the others have just vanished and we haven't been able to locate them - worse -- she has arrived and your parents have dismissed some of your men from their residence. I think they know you watch them.  I... " the teacup hit the floor as the man collapsed.

"VALEX!" Xan shouted running over to the man.  Lexana entered wide eyes and also began to check on the man. "What happened?!"

Before Xan could answer the familiar voice of his father cut through he air as he walked in. "He will be fine in a few minutes.  This time.  You're up to something, boy and I will not have you spying on me in my own home." He gave an emphatic glare toward Lexana before speaking again. "Make sure you know where your loyalties lie, son."

Xan stepped in front of Lexana, almost snarling. "My loyalties lie with my family and my people, father.  Yours have only ever been for yourself."

His face darkened as he spoke to Xan.  "Careful boy - you're not my only son, you know." He stepped around Xan, putting a hand under Lexana's chin. "Would hate to make a widow of this pretty thing..."

Xan's and snapped around his father's wrist as he tugged him away. "Get. Out. Touch her again and you will have your own widow to worry about."

His father smiled slightly.  "Huh - I didn't think you two even liked each other.  Would have picked you a different wife if I knew this harpy was capable of seducing you and turning you into a traitor."

Xns eyes blades as he went for his sword until he felt Lexana squeeze his arm to restrain him leaving him only to shout while shaking with rage. "GET OUT!"

"Gladly..." He gave the unconscious man on the floor a swift kick to the ribs ans he stepped over him and saw himself out.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 2:33 pm

"Oi, what are you talking about, what happened? Can you move? We are going to get trapped if we stay here. Who even did th-?!" Mark stops talking, his attention, amplified by his Mink tribe's natural instincts, turned towards the source of the blast. "My, it seems I missed his vitals. Won't happen again. Yamahahaha~!" A towering Merman emerged from the shadows, sporting a black mohawk of a hair, several earrings, shades, and an appearance that heavily implied that his aquatic trait must have been related to eels. "You seemed to have eavesdropped on my pappa now, didn't you? Well I don't like snitches like yourself, so time to feel the hurricane!"

Introduction Box:
Prince Yamahano, one of Xan's siblings
Moray Merman

"He said "pappa" ... is he Xan's relative? In theory he shouldn't be hostile towards us .. and ... YOU CAN SUMMON A HURRICANE?! MERMEN ARE SO STRONG!" Mark yells in awe and shock, while Brosko smacks him on the back of his head, hopefully to snap out from being an idiot. "You are right. But ... listen, we need to get out of here, then I'll tell you what I heard." "YOU AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE, YOU BRATS! HEEEEHAW!" Yamahano swirls towards them with incredible speed, while they prepare for combat.

Liliana nodded towards a massive ship, the largest in the port, and then smiled broadly. An even faker smile this time. "Am pretty confident that a typical evalucation and scan of a ship should be long over by now. So, how about you pull out your men so we can leave already? Oh, you see, am quite a busy lady." the last part was addressed towards Jade, a sinister glare falling on her. She was being overly fixated on Jade, for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 3:02 pm

Jade turned to eye the giant ship being indicated by the woman. She narrowed her eyes as she tried to search for banners without being obvious about it.  Her concentration was broken when the woman seemed to be staring at her.  Who the hell was this woman to have such a massive ship and why was she staring at her. Why was this bitch trying to blow her cover? If she was trying to be irritating, it was certainly working. "Do I ... know you?"

The officer took stepped between Jade and the woman.  "Apologies, madam - the dock screening isn't under my charge.  These men present here are with me preparing to move out on a tour of the city - as to who is left - you'll have to take it up with the king."

He tugged at Jade's arm, hoping to encourage her to leave the bothersome woman be and commence the tour. "Come, Lady Kaliana."

-----

Lexana stood there for a moment, legitimately surprised.  She an Xan got along as expedient allies and possibly friends but she never expected he would choose her over his won family.  He seemed to be a loyal minion for them.  She approached him and placed a hand on his shoulder as he was shaking with rage staring at his father who had just departed. "Xadrian?"

Xan jerked away, startled for a moment before he turned to Lexana. He gently lifted her chin and examined her face. "You're not hurt are you.  I apologize for that.  You ... you need to leave.  it is not safe for you here.  I will arrange one of my stealth vessels to take you to your parent's home. You-"

"No." Lexana moved his hand from away from her face.  "You need me here.  We haven't gotten to the bottom of what they're doing. No one else can navigate those records.  Do you really think I would be safe at home anyway?  We can't run, Xadrian.  I just don't know how we can fight them alone.  I don't know if my parents are involved but even if they aren't - we coudn't fight them despite our vast wealth   If we could, my family would rule here, not yours. They bother used us to get what they needed. They just never expected us to be mutually intolerant of the reckless greed and selfishness."

Xan started to protest but he knew she was correct. "Eventually I will learn not to argue with you." Her took her in his arms for a moment to hug her briefly, in what was the first display of affection the two ever bothered with.  He never appreciated with an accidental gift and friend she had been until this moment. "We need to disappear and find the crew I arrived with if they are all still alive.  One mentioned having contacts with a yonkou's officer - we need all of the help we can get."
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 3:26 pm

"S-sir Xandrian!" That same, timid guard from earlier today, by some impressive luck, was the one to interrupt him once again on the same day. He seemed a bit less timid this time around, which likely meant this was even more important. "I-I am really sorry for interrupting you, my Prince and Princess .. but .. this is important! On the palace! Two of these delinguents have appeared! Your brother, Prince Yamahano is fighting with them as we s-speak!" The guard had no idea what Xan was considering these people to be allies. What a mess this had escalated into becoming.

"This is not how to used to be up until now. Maybe ... you are suspecting me of doing something illegal, perhaps? First of all, I am a pirate. Secondly ... must I remind you of my status and influence on this place? Your men have found nothing suspicious. So I request approval so I can leave. Now .. you of all men should know best not to anger me ... right, darling?" Again, the last few words were oddly, seemingly, directed towards Jade.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Xan still had his arms around Lexana when the guard approached - he quickly released her a bit awkwardly. "Oh - sorry about that." He turned to address the young guard who he had seen before and instructed to report to him directly.  "WHAT?!  What the hell is he doing back here?! The one brother who should have stayed gone won't go away and the one I need ran left for good. What shitty luck.  WHY, exactly, is he fighting with strangers again?  ...wait. What 'delinquents'?"

Lexana's eyes widened when she was hugged, being rendered a bit speechless.  He never really touched her outside of the linking arms with her when they were in public.  It was an odd sensation made odder when he forgot to let go until interrupted.  There was no time to inquire about his odd behavior - they were all in very real danger.  She turned her attention to the young guard who had just entered narrowing her eyes at the news that her hated brother in law was in town.  She had never told Xan about what he did to her - out of spite for Xan.  She couldn't tell him - he'd get himself killed over it.

------

The officer was growing annoyed with this woman who seemed to be begging for conflict. "Again.  This is not my area.  That tall fellow over there may be able to clear you - but if you have not been cleared, you are not free to go with your ship."

Jade was still confused and amazingly bad at reading females.  Why did this woman keep staring at her and calling her darling?  Did she also have to flirt with this woman to be left alone to keep an eye on her ship?  She clearly didn't want to leave. Fuck. How did it come to this?  Jade let her eyes wonder up and down the woman's frame before settling on the delicate curve of her lips. She smirked a bit, mischief in her eyes. "Best of luck, darling - if you're stuck here look me up... "  She winked before linking arms with the officer to begin their departure. Ugh.  Was she going to have to make eyes at the whole damn island to get her ship back?!
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 7:40 am

"T-the ones we were ordered to apprehend immediately after confirmation. My prince, didn't you knew? It appears that all of t-the Royalty and the top officials w-were aware. Thought you knew, too. They seem to h-have relations with the man called "Cerberus". And .. also .. we were asked to do it from our p-protector p-pirate crew, too." The guard, a humble crops Fishman, explains, feeling increasingly nervous for seemingly interrupting the pair at an intimate moment. But, he deemed this was too important not to report to him.

"Oh, that's so sweet of you. Will surely look you up in such an event ..." Liliana widely smiles at Jade. Each smile was more and more of a fake, one would have to wonder how come no one could see throught such an easily noticeable imitation of a grin. Her glare then moved towards the official, the act apparently substituted by real emotion, this time in the form of condemn and seething disgust.

"As for you ... you should know well not to aggravate me, vile, insignificant fish. Don't you try to cry for forgiveness now ..." She coldly remarks, and slowly removes her glove. All of the other guards close enough to observe this action, immediately backed away in utter terror. However, nothing occurred. Rather, whatever she may have had in mind, was halted due to a sudden explosion taking place just next to the bunch. "What now ... Eratos?!" she snarls, her fury finally showing. The male, getting back on his feet, completely free of any injuries, immediately gets in between the two parties, and bows. "My apologies. I have obtained the legal papers that confirm that there is nothing to keep us anchored here any longer." he then turns to Liliana, while poking on his little sun clock. "My lady .. let's forget about this incident, and move on ... your father awaits us, after all."

His interferance seemed to be enough to de-escalate the situation, as she reinstalled her glove around her hand, then nodded at them. "Very well ... consider this man your salvation, fish ... let's go." she looked at Jade once again, the fake smile resurging once more. "Am sure we will meet again sometime. Or maybe not. Regardless, pleasure to meet you."

They begun to depart towards the ship. But then the man stopped, excused himself, and approached Jade's group. "My apologies once more." he politely remarks, and it actually felt like an earn, honest apology. However, he approached Jade, and whispered to her. "If you value your and your people's lives ... back down, and do not continue." he turned and shiftly left, leaving her not enough time to reply.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 12:39 pm

Xan eyes the officer warily. "It would seem that many things have occurred in the short time I have been away. How did that manage to capture all of those lunatics? ... Ah - it doesn't matter or change anything. " He approaches the officer, carrying a hefty bag of belis which her presses into the yound soldiers hands - more than a year's salary, at least. "Listen carefully - do not mention that you have spoken to me - it is dangerous for you to be seen with me. I can't ask you to put your life one the line to stay loyal to me - you didn't ask for this. You didn't know you would have to choose a side - you were just trying to do your duty. I wish I had an army of you. Be careful, young one ... "

Lexana approached the young fishman with a cloak from behind and stood on her toes as she draped it about his shoulders. "Take care not to be seen."

-----

Jade was still bothered by this suspicious woman's over the top grin in her direction. maybe her face was stuck that way. It wans't until her demeanor changed that she became concerned. She saw the waman approach the guard who had been sent after her. She saw her hand moving to remove her gloves and within a moment, Jade had places herself between the guard and the woman, green eyes leveled at her. She would not allow someone to be punished for her own actions.

Before she could say anything the one called Eratos interrupts to inform that heir departure had been concerned. Jade leveled a glare at the woman as she was spoken to again. "Indeed."

The officer who Xan had sent to escort her back through the city was a combination of stunned and annoyed. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!?!! Don't you KNOW who that was?! How does Lady lexana have such s STUPID and RECKLESS COUSIN?!!?!" He then clapped his hands over his mouth, realizing what he'd said. "Ah - forgive me, my lady. That was really quite dangerous ... you have no idea... we much get you back to the villa before anything else happens. I'm very sorry for my outburst - my only concern is your safety."

Jade looked at him for a moment. "I've never been safe ... and I never will be." She turns her attention as the man from before approached, hearing the guard mumble "I can see why" under his breath. Eratos' whisper caught her attention - why was it only for her? Her people? Which people? The family she was pretending to be part of or her crew? Did he know? She caught his arm for a swift, barely noticable moment, firm but not threatening as her sad gaze searched his eyes from answers. "... my people?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next