One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Empty
PostSubject: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 11:31 am

Somewhere across the vastness of the sea, a massive ship emerged from a thick layer of fog. Pleased that they were finally out of this irritating veil, the female, almost completely naked, walked into what seemed to be a pool, delved into it, and crossed her hands behind her head, enjoying the sun now licking her figure. "This Florian Triange ... quite a lovely place mind you, but woke up craving for sunbathing today ..." Around her, several characters were using large palm leaf fans to provide a chilling breeze, and one was holding a large umbrella above her, ironically depriving her of the sun she claimed she sought after. In addition to that peculiarity, the figures around her seemed bizarre; they resembled dead bodies in animation rather than actually, breathing men.

A flapping sound was heard, and a large crow-like entity closed in, and then landed near her, now taking the form of a lean, feather-wearing blonde man. "My apologies for appearing during your relaxation, young Master ..." he begins, and lowers his head as she glares at him in annoyance. "Allow me to redeem myself for this intrusion by clipping off my arms." he adds, literally taking a large cutlass, and aiming down on one of his arms, his tone apologetic. "Will you ever grown up and cut that idiotic drama, baby?" She snarls, then exits the pool, somehow completely naked now. "Report." she then adds, placing her hands on her hips, releasing a soft yawning sound.

Introduction Box:
Member of the Harbinger Pirates, Erato "Ikarus" Sthenes
Bounty: 540,000,000 Beli

"There appears to be a pirate ship about a day behind us. One of the people abroad is confirmed to be from Cleyra. I assume that they have sent someone hunt us." He explains, while randomly playing around with what appeared to be a tiny sun clock. "They have the NERVE to sent someone go after us? That's blasphemous! Damn them ... if only I wasn't in a hurry ... forget them. We need to arrive to Zou as soon as possible. Prepare, we will begin to dive towards Fishman island soon, baby."

"Who told you that you can wear my clothes? Or that you can search into my stuff?!" Hawks moans in aggravation, seeing Catz wearing one of his silky, frilly white shirts, as well as some of his black trousers. It felt like he and Jade slept for years, and while that obviously wasn't the case, it was well pass 12 when he finally opened his eyes again. This was probably the best night he had in his life, but, he knew very well that they were going to have to crash into a harsh and dangerous reality from now on. At least he was hoping he wouldn't have to deal with troublesome antics in addition to all that, but clearly was wrong.

"Well I couldn't stay in my armor you see, it was soiled in blood! Plus had no time to pack. You have a lot of clothes anyway, princess." Catz responds back, with a tone that made it obvious that he wasn't going to obey anything Hawks would say, much to Hawks's added frustration. "AND WHY ARE YOU HOLDING MY SWORDS?!" He comically screams in anger, complete with pointy, sharp teeth and white eyes of pure hatred, as Mark was examining the blades. "Good quality ..." Mark speaks to himself, also ignoring Hawks. Oh, this was going to be a terrible ride, wouldn't it?

Random trivia (woohoo!):
Hawks's bounty: 200,000,000
Jade's bounty: ???
Ginji's bounty: 150,000,000
Percy's bounty: 108,500,000
Brosko's bounty: 200,000,000
Catz's bounty: 300,000,000
"Azure"'s bounty: Null
Mark's bounty: ???
Back to top Go down
http://santoryu-phoenix.tumblr.com
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 12:51 pm

Jade had woken up that morning, still somewhat in shock - her head against the chest of the magician - the soreness that ravaged her body was the only thing assuring her the previous day had not been a dream. Despite being sore, she woke up refreshed. She had used so much of her healing abilities on others, there wasn't really anything left to deal with her own minor injuries until her body caught up with the stress and deficit.

What remained of her clothing was nothing more than shredded fabric - she had to wear her own clothing for once, rather than her typical raiding of the magicians shirts, lest she risk wandering the ship naked after leaving her hidden quarters. Despite the heat, she selected long black pants to cover the hundreds of finger-tip shaped bruises that peppered her flesh.

She wore a loose long sleeved top that laced half way up the front, the loose sleeves aiding ease of movement for swordplay. The red sash tied about her waist she definitely stole from the magician - if he wanted it back he could just take it off of her. Lastly she addressed her hair, the vial in her trusty dagger dispensing the correct amount of pigment to return her hair to it's familiar teal hue.

When she finally made it on deck, she was outraged to see the cat in the magicians clothing - which she absolutely considered to be her clothing at this point. "Why the hell are you wearing my clothes?!"

From the shadows, a tall, lean fishman emerged, clearly part shark, skin a deep blue with silver in some places, that offset by intense golden eyes. He emerged wearing a cravat and a some pieces of what also looked like it was once one of the magician's shirts. He removed the shreds but kept the fine white cravat, straightening it delicately, clearly pleased. "My apologies m'lady, I thought the shirts were for everyone..."

Jade turned to see a fishman she was completely unaware was even on board her ship. "Who the fuck are you?!?!"

The extremely polite and even handsome fishman bowed and offered a cordial smile before straightening stiffly. "Ah, apologies again. The was no time to explain, really. I can tell you my story if you like - but my purpose here is to aid your journey to my home... where I shall be more than happy to restore this destroyed garment." He made no mention of the cravat he was obviously keeping.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 1:07 pm

"Eh, who the fuck are you?!" Hawks gasped, and then repeated that, upon realizing the profanity; that wasn't the way he'd address to someone, even if that someone was a completely unknown individual that appeared seemingly out of hammer's space. Blasted idiots were already degrading his intellect with their radiating idiocy.

Despite the Fishman's politeness, it was natural for most of the people on board to be alerted. "Hm, now that's bizarre ..." Catz comments, while calmly getting a hold of his sword. Brosko was already heaving and raising his fists, while Percy narrowed his eyes, preparing to either attack or make a run for it any opportunity he could. Mark actually attempted to charge right away, but was halted by Ginji, who was, oddly enough even by his standards, sporting a hollow, pale, almost dead expression in his face. "Azure" merely groaned and remained static, with arms folded.

"What brings you here? Who are you?" Hawks questions, regaining his compulsore. Too bad that Mark still had his swords, let alone the fact that he carried nothing along. And why was everyone wearing his clothes?!
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 3:08 pm

The fishman caught softly into one hand while tucking the other neatly behind his back.  "Pardon my rudeness.  Allow my to introduce myself - My name as Xadrian Allurus - I have come to secure an interest for my family - these ruffians seem to have taken something quite precious to them - ahem - me. I reached the island too late to prevent the capture but found that you were in pursuit of the same enemy.  I came to offer my assistance and the full utilization of my family's resources as you need them."

He approached Jade and took her hand.  "This is your vessel, is it not?" He took a knee in front of her, obviously in some overly formal etiquette he learned in a formal court of some kind. "I offer you my sword, my assistance, my--"

Jade pulled her hand away, annoyed.  She was beyond bothered with encountering overside personalities that wouldn't leave her alone or stop touching her in some way.  She gave a bothered look to Brosko in particular. "Just ... don't. Please." A dagger was in her hand and she lifted his chin slightly - in one fluid movement she slashed along his skin, allowing the last piece of mangled shirt to fall to the floor. "Please get up.  I'm a pirate, not a queen." She put her blade away and gave the others a sharp not to stand down.

"Look, fish boy.  Please do not try to flatter with your decorum, bribe with your wealth, nor charm with your cryptic tales about why you are here.  We will accept your assistance but know that if you attempt to betray us, you will be flayed fin to tale and served for dinner - and that is not a fish joke - I will eat the other idiots on this ship for the same offense - I just assume you may taste better."

The fishman looked surprised and wounded.  Doubtlessly his charming demeanor and handsomeness always won him warm welcomes abut he did not falter not lose his composure.  He rose and gave a respectful nod. "Ah, Fishboy.  Charming, I'm sure. Indeed, good manners change the flavours of everything they touch.  My apologies. Hospitality has been driven into my head for many years - casual encounters are frowned upon at court, I'm afraid. This crassness you prefer will take some getting used to. I shall attempt to be more direct - you can even call me Xan if you like."

He noticed the tall blonde man was also wearing one of the teal-haired woman's forbidden shirts. He tried to speak as quietly and politely as possible to the man. "I'm sorry for my intrusion but it would appear you made the same mistake as I did - those shirts are apparently not for everyone and ... I don't know if that put her in such a vicious mood but she may threaten to eat you for it.  I just thought I should warn you."
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 3:23 pm

"Huh? Driven into your head? DID SOMEONE DROVE OVER YOUR HEAD TOO?!" Mark gasps in utter shock, while patting his open palm with his other hand, formed into a fist. "It has happened to me too when I was little, had to stay in the hospital for two weeks!" some of the crew are merely left dumbfounded by the man's immense denseness.

"T-those are my clothes ..." Hawks begins to explain, but something inside his mind was already telling him the truth. No one was going to pay attention to him in any way. He then turns and looks at "Azure" confused. "And who are you, anyway?!"

"You can call me Crows ..." the pale male responds, apparently expecting everyone to use that name from now on. Turning his attention to Xan, Crows got up, and glared at the Fishman, and mostly ignoring Jade's warning, which everyone else brightly decided to follow. "That all sounds too convinient, you know ... to me that sounds like a scheme. From the enemy. I don't care about these idiots but am not going to be caught in some idiotic trap." he confidently states, as if he was a formidable and ingenious warrior. However, as he begins to walk towards them, he trips and falls, and is left unable to walk. "Oh. I am not used to having a body yet." he calmly remarks. "WHAT?! WHYYY?!" Hawks screams in shock and comical confusion.

"Hmmmmm ... well, there was a rumor around ... so we may be on to something here." Catz claims. "Plus, we do need a means to submerge this ship. I suppose you can provide us with a way to coat the ship properly. Or we'd have to travel to Sabaody to do that, and we are in a hurry."
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 4:19 pm

Jade acknowledges Azure coldly, approaching him with a look in her eye like she saw him as nothing more prey - not even good prey - trash prey that you eat when you're bored and slightly hungry. She steps between him and Xan glaring him down, annoyed.  "ENOUGH! This is my ship and as such this man is under my protection.  We are not nakama.  You are just here by bizarre circumstance.  I will no hesitate to devour you if you cross me in the slightest.  Speaking of scams, which is it - Azure or Crows? Don't attempt to call someone else to the carpet for being sketch you body-snatching charlatan."
Why was it that everyone they met attempted to trick her in some way?  Was it punishment for her own journey through life as someone else?  It disturbed and angered her how much this man resembled Hawks but there was no time to get to the bottom such matters. They had enemies, a stranger, and a ship to worry about.

Xan sigh softly, not bothering to relax his stance.  His hands were neatly laced behind his back, despite his surprise that this viper-like woman seemed to be attacking her own crew.  "Yes, coating.  I have a team currently working on this.  One of your colleagues, Tiberius - stand up fellow, told me of the urgency of being ably to get this done quickly. He of my family and involvement - he advised me to seek your ship but had no time to inform you personally - by no fault of his own I assure you.  Contact him if you like."

Jade's composure changed a bit when Tiberius was mentioned. They had seen little of each other but she trusted him - he would never send someone to her ship that had been secretly moved unless he had good reason to trust the person.  She turned back to the fishman, her gaze was still hardened but she no longer looked at him as though she was about to consume him on the spot. "What's your business in this pursuit?"

The fishman looked as though he was choosing his words carefully and even as he spoke, his words tasted foreign in his mouth.  This trip was almost a welcome distraction to his ultimate duty even while being bound to it. "I ... I am in pursuit of my ... my future wife?"

Jade raised a brow quizzically, not really able to piece together what the hell he was talking about. "You ... what?! ... This is ... not a ... singles cruise? Are you on the correct ship?"

It seemed to pain the fishman to have to further explain something he seemed very unhappy about and uncomfortable with. "The princess - is my betrothed.  I was on my way to meet her when she was captured - the villains you pursue have her. I must find a way to get her back, unharmed."

Jade was surprised but such a situation with the notoriously reclusive talani and also with the fact the fishman spoke about her like she was someone he read about in a book. "You've not met her?"

Xan seemed even more uncomfortable as he scratched the back of his head.  "Ah- you see ... it is a marriage of exchange, convenience, unification - when I marry the heir, my family gets access to the islands and the talani receive our protection, resources, and the ability to stay isolated and unbothered if they choose."

Jade tried to be visibly affected.  The talani lived alongside her people, who were all slaughtered, and have long protected these lands from outsiders and now traded it away like a vacation property to be colonized by fishmen for profit.  The talani on the island seemed willing to die to protect the lands and not it was just being traded away in an arranged marriage.  She had no room to complain since she abandoned the place completely - as if she had any other choice aside from taking on the entire government by herself - as they would set upon her like jackals when they heard one of royal blood still existed to unlock the weapon. She would be forced to watch her home be destroyed a second time and could do nothing to stop it.  "Please excuse me..."

She stepped made her way across the deck and into the small library aboard the ship.  She placed an arm against a bookshelf, leaning into old tomes rescued from various sites from these lands.  The text grew blurry as her eyes became more and more moist.  She took a deep breath refusing to be overwhelmed by the heartbreak of the slow train wreck she was destined to witness.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 4:33 pm

"Speaking of Sir Tiberius, he has instructed us to meet a man nicknamed "Cerberus", he claimed that we can find him at your nation. Do you have any clues about who this man is and where to find him?" Catz questions, having gotten up and with arms folded, deciding to take the role of the negotiator and talker once Jade excused herself and keep this going until she'd return.

"Cerberus is kind of lovely Tiberius's partner in crime." Explains Ginji. "They seem to be very good friends, too. Althought since lovely Sir Cerberus is a wanted man, unlike a Warlord, his location is usually a lovely hard thing to pinpoint. Surely you'd hear word if he was at lovely Fishman Island, tho."

"Are you alright?" He hoped that he didn't startled her. But seeing her leave like that was a red flag to him that she wasn't well. "Don't worry, they don't even notice me being there in the first place." he adds, trying to joke to maybe crack a smile from her.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 5:03 pm

The fishman observed them all carefully as the mean woman departed, briefly noting the quiet on going after her.  Perhaps they would discuss her doubt and concerns about his motives elsewhere.  He turned his attention to the cat creature who was now interrogating him.  He relaxed a bit - despite him being an actual cat, he felt it was less likely that the cat would eat him that the recently departed harpy. "Cerberus...  Curses!  My sources on the island seem to be under the impression that this is a code name for an organization, not an actual individual.  You mean this ... Cerberus ... is one man?!  How could one individual be responsible for so much -- who are you people?!

The fishman's polite composure was beginning to show cracks, growing more horrified by these odd monsters and the company they kept. Perhaps this had all been a mistake.  His parents always put him in harm's way for their own gain - that's why his older brother ran away - leaving all of this 'duty' on his shoulders.  He should have left when his brother urged him come with him - but instead he called him a coward and a deserter and vowed to never speak to him again - if only he had believed his brother about how greedy and horrible his family truly was.  Maybe if they could just get them these islands, they would leave him alone.  

"I don't supposed you're hear to fulfill the favor I asked of you." She gave a bitter smile laced with heart ache. "I ... I don't know what to do. Do I stand by while that girl is tortured in my place or spend the rest of my life running away from a goverment with boundless resources who will hunt me to the ends of the earth - and if I fail ... if they catch me... they will destroy everything. My choice is to let one girl suffer or doom everyone. If she is rescued she intends to turn over the lands to the fishmen.  That's the part that doesn't make sense.  Those lands are ... not fit for habitation.  After the methods used by the wg those years ago, nothing will grow there for many years - and I suspect the talani have been trading with the fishmen for some time to get the resources to survive and stay hidden.  What in the world could they possibly want with lands that are basically a tomb and an archeological link to the past? ... there is only one thing of worldly value there and it's the same thing the WG is after the same reason they abducted that girl.  He seems genuine but I don't know if we can fully trust Xan. There is something missing ... I ... have to just watch this happen.  I can't very well take on the WG and the fishmen ... my life's charge to protect this place at all costs was possible when no one remembered or cared about it."  
She went on for some time before she noticed hot warm and wet her face was.  She wiped away angry tears before resting her head against his chest.  "What should I do? ... I'm sorry you're getting dragged into this."
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 5:19 pm

"Mufufufu ... some of us were lovely working along the man that is now ruling countless of islands in the New World. "Dark Knight", or "Schemer", Wally the Yonko! Maaaahaa~!!" Ginji remarks, regaining his normal abnormal behavior. "Except, none of you have any ties with that bunch anymore. So Mr. Xan, you shouldn't consider such alliances, am afraid." Catz gladly interrupts, causing Ginji to fall back into a depressive sulk. "But indeed, that "Cerberus" is an individual. Perhaps you should amplify your fundings in regards to Intel resources."

"Anyway, thank you for your assistance. Feel free to remain on board. Hopefully you will honor your word and remain an ally; for your own sake." the feline smiles valiantly, but with a body language that hinted a nobility. It was good to know that there was someone that, if feeling like it, could talk like an adult on this ship, for when Jade was otherwise occupied elsewhere.

Hawks embraces her, giving her enough time to calm down and regain her cool. "All those years, we were working as faceless mercenaries, nothing more, nothing less. For the first time, we actually have the option to help others in need. And, you know what?" he looks at her, smiling. It was a corny smile, like the smile you'd see on an action hero, or a kid admiring said figure. But it showed one thing obviously. Happiness to be alive. "This is the first time in years that I feel like I could almost be proud of myself. This may sound immature, but I feel we should rescue her. Heck, if we fail and die, at least we will go knowing that we actually fought for a better future."
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 11:24 am

Xan had pulled out a notebook and began scrawling hastily into it. It wasn't unreasonable that the actions of this Cerberus creature was attributed to a group - it seemed more impossible that it could be one person - but that certainly meant that everyone had underestimated what they were really up against - underestimated what monsters were in this world. The thought made him sick but also excited - what was the real limitation of potential in this world? The cruelty of it produced such strength. "This information will be relayed without delay - officers will be trained to reevaluate what they presume about everything. We have vastly underestimated you huma- ... wait is this creature even human?"

Jade was fascinated by his optimism - his ability to find brightness in a hopeless situation like a shard of light in the darkness. Didn't he understand how hopeless the situation was? She didn't know if she could find that level of pure optimism - but she did feel a bit better knowing he was there and willing to fight for something that mattered - even to the bitter, bloody end. He was right of course - it was better to fight than become mired in despair - and battles have a way of taking your mind away from your own torturesome thoughts. She could torture herself far better than anyone else could hope to. "I don't know if you're brilliant or foolish. Either way, I should seek your counsel more often - at least it makes things seem less daunting. Of course we'll save the girl - I won't allow any one else to suffer and bleed in my place." She couldn't help but notice the brightness in his face and voice - like a weight had been lifted - for the first time since she met him he just seemed ... happy. That alone was enough to life her spirits for a moment. She wrapped her arms around him unsure of what she did to deserve such a good and loyal friend. "You're wiser than you know and a better man that I'll ever be."
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 12:42 pm

"Much like the name suggests, he is more of a monster than a human. Although he does have a good sense of humor." Crows comments, and everyone turns to look at him. He merely shrugs. "No idea where did that came from." he casually dismisses, as if it was normal to throw random info he seemed to have no idea as to how he possessed. "Either way. We need to mobilize. The fate of more one nation may be at state, depending on how fast we move." Catz remarks, a stern glare causing his peers to feel a chilling sensation. "Someone go fetch Jade and Mr. birdie here, we have to talk." he adds, and a moaning Percy, resulted from Ginji squeezing his heart once again, left to perform said duty.

"A better man than you? Now now, you are not a man. Remember?" He teases her, but before she can react, he pecks her forehead. "Well, in shape at least. In courage and battle skill, likely more of a man than me, eh? Hehe..." he had no idea why he was suddenly so confident and bright about things. Was it because of her, was it because he felt their cause was finally noble, or was it that freeing him from the cursed that plagued him somehow resulted into unlocking a different, more optimistic self?

"Ya dipshits, the cat dipshit is calling us." Percy interrupts, but thankfully after the peck was delivered, and thankfully while they were not into an embrace. He then groans in pain again. "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS, YOU SHIT?!" He screams in comedical anger.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 2:02 pm

"You know what I mean ... " Jade closed her eyes for a moment as he lips lightly touched her forehead, still is slight disbelief.  He almost expected him to forget what happened again. He released her just before a one of the more obnoxious passengers appeared.  She turns to him, expressionless, arms crossed. "I am in no hurry to be ordered about on my own ship - particularly not by him.  Also, what the hell is wrong with you?"

She didn't wait for a response and she breezed past him.  She couldn't risk a backwards glance at the magician because she didn't trust her eyes not to unfurl the lies she carried about her proximity to him.  
She passed Ginji who seemed to be fiddling with some gooey thing in a box.  She raised a brow before letting out a soft sigh.  "I'm not even going to ask."

She passed by Xan who seemed to notice her then approached the starboard bow and seemed to be looking off into the distance with a dark look on his face.

"Are you ... trying to brood?"

Xan turned with a somewhat embarrassed look on his face.  "Oh hello, I didn't see you there. Jade is it?  You unsurprisingly did not introduce yourself."

She ignored him while walking away.  "I'm surrounded by idiots."  She approached the cat, her expression growing dark and annoyed.  "... and what do you want?"
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 2:26 pm

"Lighten up, mittens. Feelings are mutual. But we ought to plan out our upcoming actions." He responds to her, in a somewhat taunting, potentially playful nature, retaining a certain feel that unlike most of the people on board, was not afraid to oppose her authority. Whether this was a wise idea or a deadman's last wish would surely be decided someday in the future.

Sitting down, he unraveled a large map. There was a large construct cutting the ocean depicted into two halves; the Red Line. Using a black crayon, he circled a location, theirs, and some arrows. "Here's the thing ... right now, the only way to reach the New World is via the Fishman Island. Due to how the trips around there go, the enemy should make a stop there to revise their coating mechanisms, plus update provisions. After that point, going to Zou is a big problem for us ..."

"Zou ... is not exactly a place you can pinpoint on a map." Mark explains, since it was by no means common knowledge. In fact, there was no depiction of that place anywhere on the map. "It moves. Therefore you can generally only get there by sheer luck. Or via a Vivre Card linked to a person being on top."

"Thus, our options are to either catch them on Fishman island, or find a way to reach Zou, should our attempt to catch them down there fail. Mister Fish, is it possible to alert your nation to be on the lookup for any shady characters?" Catz questions Xan, while on the background, Ginji was looking at Hawks, unaware of the stare, hidden behind a barrel. Odd.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Jade leveled a glare at the cat creature.  She could eat him easily, even if he was a cat, but she decided not to let him get the better of her. They didn't have the time nor resources to squabble among themselves so she let it go. It had been a very long time since her last transformation - well before they landed on the island.  It was possible no one, save for her prior travel companions, knew of her powers and it seemed in like a bad idea to show all of her cards to relative stranger she wasn't yet sure she could trust.

She really needed to consult her map and add these new stops but being around those maps wasn't the best thing for her at the moment if she wanted to get anything productive done - she wasn't sure if they were currently in a condition to receive more data anyway.  Just the thought of the maps was distracting - she forced the thought from her mind just before a map was unfurled in front of her.  She gazed at it and felt her heart rate increase.  She had to look away from the map which likely made her look like she wasn't paying attention. Perhaps her someone could relay the information to her afterward. After looking away from the map, she tried to avoid eye contact with everyone - particularly Hawks. Eventually, she want over to the starboard bow to pretend to brood with Xan.

Just then the cat came over to question the fishman, while bringing the damn map with him. Her eyes widened for a moment as the map seemed to be chasing her.  The fishman noted her behavior and nodded as the cat held out the map.  "Yes, as Jade is demonstrating, for some reason  - you can't just follow a map and hope to reach this Zoe or it will forever elude you. I will send word back to try to acquire into the last know whereabouts of Zou as well inquire about any suspicious creatures passing through."
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 2:12 am

"Make no mistake however, Fish, this is a dangerous situation for your people, too. Extreme caution needs to be taken into consideration. And why are you distancing yourself from the map, did a map ever tried to eat you?!" Catz addresses to Xan, then hisses at Jade for acting out weird. He then turns and smacks Hawks on the head. "The heck was that for?!" "You have a weird expression in your face too! Is this the first time either of you has seen a map?!"

"Perhaps ... perhaps they once got attacked by a monster with the ability to produce, become and control maps! A MAP LOGIA!" Mark yells, in all seriousness, almost as if he had an epiphany, doing that fist onto his palm action. "Oh my ... is there anyone on this ship you can actually have a grownup conversation here?!" Catz complains, then nods to the others. "So, let's get something to eat, shall we? Shame we don't seem to have anyone specialized in cooking."

"Uh, actually ...." Brosko raises his arm.

"WHOAH, LOOK AT ALL THAT FOOD! IT LOOKS DELICIOUS! ARGH, STOP THAT, STUPID RED COSTUME!" Percy yells at Ginji. But indeed, in the dining room, a plethora of delicious food was shiftly prepared. "Haha, well, look at that Miss Jade! Turns out he isn't useless!" Hawks remarks, overly loud, as if being a terrible actor.

Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 10:10 am

Jade had a moment to compose herself, her eyes reflecting cold indifference. She guestured to the map, her voice drained of all inflection. "It's incorrect - inverted. The blue part should be land. Where did you even get that?" She still avoided eye contact with the magician - the map was indeed wrong but somehow it didn't really matter.

Xan straightened his cravat and looked at the ornate pocket watch he acquired in the same place he found the ill fated shirt. "I really don't need you to dictate the precariousness of the situation - I am not a child. I am here precisely because the situation is so dire - my life was forfeit the moment I was dispatched. These creatures can do their worst, for I shall do mine ... and we shall see who's left standing when the end of the world shatters." He had gotten himself worked up and by the end he was holding his cutlass skyward for effect. He tucked it away at his hip as a wicked smile crossed his handsome face, as though taunting death itself. "And do stop calling me 'fish', won't you old boy?"

Jade remained tucked in the corner while everyone ate and seemed to feel better and less tense. The closer they got to their destination, the more anxious she got. She worried about saving the girl, about saving her home, about saving every place this disaster struck, about the dire consequences if she was fond of. She could afford to make no mistakes. She noticed Xan also seemed a bit sullen, and less enthused about the festivities. He approached her while carrying his notebook and she gave a halfhearted nod. "Is the food not to your liking?"

Xan put his notebook away while lacing his hands behind his back. "It's perfect. I am grateful for your extension of hospitality." He eyed her for a moment, nothing the tiredness in her voice and this was the first time she wasn't cruel to him. "You are under a great deal of pressure, it seems - I apologized for criticizing your station."

"My station ..." Jade remarked bitterly "- that really is the problem, isn't it." She was half talking to herself. "They seem so happy and blissfully unaware of the approaching storm."

After a moment, Xan spoke while observing the feast. He did manage to pick up a tall flagon of ale which he drank from deeply. "Let them be. They know. You can see it in their eyes. They're just not letting it destroy them because each and every one of them knows what it's like to be a prisoner and so they choose to not be their own jail keeper." He picks up a pear and places it into her hands. "You should eat something ... and from the looks of it ..." He hands her another flagon of red ale. "... you should probably drink something too."

Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 3:03 pm

"Oh, you guys are hiding all the good stuff away." Catz grins and approaches them. He had devoided himself form of weaponry, and casually approached to receive a cup himself. "This might be the last time some of us get to drink some good quality "healing water" .. or of any quality at all."

"This is delicious indeed ... an excellent display of skill, Ape human!" Mark shoots, pleased. "Indeed, it isn't half bad at all ..." Crows comments, while showing some obvious trouble using the spoon. Or his hands for that matter. Ginji had hidden the heart cube, leaving Percy to actually eat like a normal human being. "Shit, ha should become a chef, dipshit! Good work! Hm? Hey, Jade, throw us some booze too, eh?! Let's have some fun time!"

"All these people, your weirdo of a friend, used to be enemies, is that right? Quite bizarre this life is. Former enemies becoming your only allies. To be honest, I kinda miss that ..." Catz monologues, but then realizes that his tone and expression had mellowed into a bittersweet nostalgia, so he quickly coughed and turned his back to her and Xan. "I will go grab a bite. Mr. Fishman, is it better to call you like that? You ought to try those spring rolls."

Meanwhile, Hawks was outside, looking at the vastness of the sea. His hand, held tight onto his chest, it somehow looked as if he was in some amount of pain. Despite that, he smiled at the world unraveling ahead. *Whatever happens to that body, I finally feel like I am doing the right thing. Revenge ... no. It didn't helped me feel better. But this. It feels like ...* an image resembling a flashback forming into his mind, it was him as a very small child, long before those heinous events. And he was wearing what seemed to be a cape and a mask of sorts. *The grand master mage hero! Hawks Eagles!*
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 3:49 pm

Xan raised a brow, confused as to why the cat was making an even longer generic name. "So - what happens if you are talking to another fishman? My name is Xadrian. You may call me Xan if that is to long, rather than a vague reference to a generic water-dwelling creature that could apply to any millions of creatures. What is your name?"

Lost in thought, Jade passes the untouched flagon of beer to the cat as she passed by. She began collecting her various blades, deciding to give them a good hone and a sharp edge for the battles ahead. She noticed Hawks seemingly lost it thought, his eyes on the sea.  She opted not to bother him and silently collected his blades which were leaning nearby.  

The sea breeze tugged at the red scarf she had tied about her waist that she had stolen from him.  She took a moment to enjoy the breeze before beginning to set about sharpening the blades while she still had daylight. It had been a long time since her ship had so much activity. She fondly recalled all of the loud wild days of her old crew along with her sister - prowling the seas by day - feasting and drinking all night with nothing but the sea and their next adventure waiting.  she missed those carefree days ... the days before she knew who she was and what it meant - before she lost her sister and herself.  It wasn't so long ago but if felt like a lifetime ago ... what a pair of monsters they would be today.  

She couldn't waste time thinking about the past.  She had to make sure she had monsters with her today.  The last thing she sharpened was that dagger - the one she had selected to be her end - she worked on the black pattern welded blade carefully until a glimmer of light danced across this deadly edge.  Her blood was too cursed to be worthy of such beauty anyway. At least there was something else should things go wrong ...

She tucked the blades away just as it began to rain.  They were far enough away from the waters of her homeland that the precipitation didn't bother the pigment of her hair.  She removed the red scarf, bringing it to its owner who was brooding over the sea. "I'm sorry to interrupt - I'd like to stay out here and bit longer and I didn't want this to get wet, Sir Hawks? Ah - what should I call you?" The rain grew a bit heavier, her concern over the scarf growing a bit pointless as her hair and clothing grew more saturated.  A warm orange glow covered the rainy deck as the sun began to slip behind the horizon.

She didn't know how it happened, but her lips were suddenly on his - something about the rain - the danger of the future and the danger of being caught replaced her sadness and caution with excitement and recklessness. She lightly bit his lower lip, gently tugging, eyeing him in predatory fashion before releasing. She looped the scarf around his neck, pulled him close and kissed him again for good measure - sometime playing with fire was good for the soul - she wanted more of those lips but she forced herself to calm down.   She gave him a playful look before turning with her back to him - droplets of rain trailing down her body.  "Lovely night isn't it, pirate?"
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 12:30 pm

"If I meet more Fishmen? Call them the same of course. Now that's a silly question." Catz jokingly responds, but upon hearing the man's question, he turns and smirks like a smartass. "That'd be Catz. But you can call me Mr. Cat."

"I can lovely help you get used to this sooner, maaha~!" Ginji is addressing to Crows, who was now with his face onto the table, apparently "unable to make his head move up". "That will not be necessary. I don't mind looking at the table." Crows justifies, with a serious tone, as if nothing weird was happening.

Returning the favor, he then whips his hand, and an umbrella appears out of hammer's space. "That is true. Still, let's not get too wet now, we can't afford to catch a cold right before our big bout." He claims, but also mumbles something along the lines of "getting wet in other ways would be more fun anyway", covered by a cough.

"Tell me ..." he starts, with a somewhat detached, but by no means depressed, smile. "That pale person ... is he that "thing" I had in me?"
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 1:34 pm

Xadrian sighed, took a long drink of his ale and moved toward the strange man speaking with the oddly floppy pale creature. It looked as though the man was being animated by a large hand from outside of his body, moving awkwardly and unnaturally. There apparently was not a single sane person on this vessel. "What sorcery is this?"

"That would indeed be most unfortunate." She still hand her hand on the scarf she had pace around her neck. Her eyes had a mischievous glimmer as she slowly pulled it away raising and eyebrow over his mumbling she didn't quite catch. "Allow me ..." She slowly knelt in front of him until she was on her knees before looping the red sash about his waist. She made particularly sultry eye contact before casually remarking "... red was never really my color." She slowly got to her feet, while squeezing the water from her hair, droplets splashing across his boots. "Did you ... say something ... about getting wet?"

Her demeanor changed when he asked about the creature stuffed into the body of the fallen enemy. "I believe so. He ... would take over your body and ... take liberties ... and the experiences were erased from your memory, I think. Even when he slumbered within you, the consequences of his actions haunted you. I don't know why he was placed in you - what he did to merit being imprisoned like that - but you - you were just a child, you didn't deserve any of it. The monster that did that is gone but the scars remain. I'm so sorry that happened to you - I'm glad you can be free... but you still seem troubled." She takes his hand giving a concerned look. "I will help you - if you'll let me ..."
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 2:50 pm

"So I see ... he doesn't look that bad to be however. When I first looked at him, and he stared back at me, the impression, the vibe received from that exchange, it felt more like pain and sorrow. Maybe his story is neither white or black .. erm, anyway, don't mind me, just wanted to understand things better. I am fine." He tilts his head, then smiles. "You need to stop worrying THAT much over everything, you know. Wearing that smile of yours is a far more reassuring and healing act to do than .. dare I say it, even your curing abilities!" Being that positive for the first time in his life. It felt good.

"GYAH! MASSIVE SEA BEAST!!" Percy yells, interrupting everyone. "GYAH, IT IS HUGE!" Brosko yells along, and they awkwardly embrace in fear.

"Mmmmm, looks delicious ..." Catz remarks with a wicked expression and sharp eyes, while Mark cracks his fists with a confident smirk. "Alright boys, time to restock!"
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 4:11 pm

She observed him for a moment.  He seemed alright, anyway, and seemed to be taking the new that the  phantom spirit was placed in the body of a dead man he was meant to break bread with far better than healthy.  This wasn't really to time to sort out the damage threshold of a possession victim in recovery, however.  "As you like."  She offered a marginally insincere smile.

The rain was starting to thin just as to more obnoxious creature on the ship seem to be having a new and special crisis. She returned to her aloof demeanor, keeping her distance from magician as she moved outside of the protective radius of his magical umbrella apparition. The wind was picking up as her eyes searching the port side for what in hell they were talking about. Dusk had set and the wind had churned up the sea - though the rain had stopped, the steam rising made ability poor - even for her feline eyes that were well-accustomed to the dark.  She managed to see a silhouette of something on the near horizon.  She tilted her head popping her neck as she reached for her freshly sharpened blades.  She also tossed the magicians blade which she had taken the liberty of sharpening in his direction.  "Another day another disaster, ey' my good sir?"

She turned her face toward the tide, sharp teeth protruding as her senses heightened.  "ALL MEN ON DECK!  PREPARE THE PORT SIDE CANNONS! Fruit users - prepare for impact and STAY CLEAR OF ALL SIDES!"

She ran to rigging to raise the sails before the wind could toss the vessel about, almost colliding with the fishman who was nearby with his notebook observing like he was in a museum.  She tried to gently nudge him out of the way with the rigging while speaking in an exaggeratedly mannered tone of thinly veiled annoyance. "Oh - pardon me for for getting in the way of your studies and field work - please excuse the function of this ship for the disturbances."

She raised a brow, rather pleased that she had finally picked up some manners. His sarcasm filter didn't work well in the rain and so he gave a slight nod as he continued to write.As a fishman, he also had very little need of ship and was generally oblivious to their mechanics. "Ah - yes that's quite all right."

She move the bit of rigging he was standing in the way of  to clunk the oblivious fishman on the head. "Put. Your. Shit. Away. We are approaching an unknown aggressor and the outer bands of a storm! If you're not going to be useful take your ass below deck - and take your notebook with you so you can document what NOT to during marine combat, for future reference, assuming you survive!"
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 4:20 pm

"Oh my, that is indeed a massive creature." Hawks laments, lightly concerned, as a colossal sea beast that seemed to bear a close resemblance to a monitor lizard glued atop a fish-featured entity, had approached them, roaring, towering the ship several dozen times. Its menacing glare was fixed on the people now gathered on the deck.

"Prepare to fight like men!" Mark yells, and leaps towards the beast, but is caught mid-air by Ginji, with the side-effect of falling onto the deck, face first. "What was that for?!" "We lovely need a plan or we are lovely glue." Mark widens his eyes in shock. "Glue? Don't tell me ... that beast is a fruit user that can make us become glue?! How is that possible?!"

"You are making this a big deal ..." Catz complains, and zips past them, jumping out and towards the now charging monstrosity. "Room ..." The feline man then pulls his blade and slashes horizontally which causes the massive creature to be split in half, much to its own surprise. Catz then makes a backflip to the air, and reaches the falling top half of the creature, and specifically between the eyes, just as the startled beast attempts to chomp him down, no blood loss from the cut. "Counter-shock." A powerful job smacks the beast, violently causing it to flip backwards, and fall into the waters, generating a massive wave, which was headed towards the ship. "Shambles ..." the entire ship, complete with everyone on board, swapped places with the lower half, behind the generated wave. "That will do." He calmly comments, then gracefully lands on the deck, next to an awe-striken Hawks.

*What in the world? ... Does this guy possess such immense power? And I dared to draw my blade to him back at Cleyra? Insane ...* Everyone that witnessed this was completely speechless, and did nothing to bother Catz as he left for the interior of the ship. There, once alone, he sat down, and coughed blood. *My time's getting limited.*
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 6:30 pm

Jade felt a still in the air - an electric calm as the energy danced around her like wildfire.  The thrill of battle was tugging at her soul - calling like a whisper in her ear of an unspoken addiction that always left her craving more.  She prepared to allow the wild beast inside to take her - pushing down her rational self to allow the feral monster to emerge - but just as she could feel it creeping through her body, everything changed.  Everything passed in slow motion as the cat attacked the beast and relocated the ship - in moments or hours?  She wasn't sure.  She had heard rumors of the power of this fruit but had never seen it with her own eyes.

She stood for a moment appreciating the cleverness of it. She assumed the cat had something going on, given his ability to swap souls into different bodies but didn't considered the scope of power the fruit had the potential to produce.  Despite these powers, she wasn't sure it would keep her from attacking the cat if her bothered her again. She closed her eyes pushing the beast away - the sphinx would not make an appearance this day.  

Jade left the crew members to digest what had just happened.  There was something familiar about that cat ... something familiar about a melancholy brokenness she knew all too well.  She made her way to the interior of the ship, taking a moment to extract a couple of things from a safe kept in the mess hall. She found the cat there examining something she couldn't quite see.

"You.  You were in the great war weren't you ... on the islands all those years ago? Our armies thought was an easy victory but we really had no idea what we were up against. We came in like wild stallions - proud and eager and left in body bags - that those monsters used like trophies to warn others who would stand against them.  The nights were the darkest - seemed to last for weeks. We all became nakama in blood ... brothers in death. We all left our childhood there - we left our futures there ... and so many left their lives there - blood staining the sand under the hot sun."  

She picked up a large glass jug with an ornate metal top and metal work rising up from the bottom like flames. She eyed it for a moment, thinking of her lunatic friend who distilled what was probably the strongest rum on the seas - whisky barreled with the essence of pure fire. She took a drink, her eyes looking dead as though her soul had gone to another place and another time.  She passed the bottle of the treasured brew over to the cat.

"It all seems like yesterday and a lifetime ago ... and in the end the queen fell - she refused to use the weapon because she couldn't bear for any more lives to be lost.  The soldiers - brainwashed, young, mislead, followed orders and destroyed everything.  Her heart was too soft to end it because she could only see children in the eyes of the enemy - and so the kingdom fell. How have you remained here all of this time ... and why?"

She pulled out an old knife, the blade contained beautiful etchings of the old palace flanked by a colossus on either side, holding giant scimitars - the last thing she had to remind her of the kingdom the once was.  She held the blade and offered him the jewel encrusted hilt of the old weapon.  "It was the general's - you should keep it."
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 2:55 pm

"Hm? Oh, it is you .. was under the impression you hated my guts, for some reason." He turns and listens to her, arms folded and a stern, hard to read sum up of a facial expression. Upon done, she offered him an old knife, relic of wars long over but never forgotten. After examining it for a while, he remained silent and seemingly lost to his thoughts, for time that felt longer than what some would expect would take for a response to come; probably wanted to stay alone.

However, the ever growing in pressure vibe was directed into a sharp and strong stab of the knife against the wooden walls. "A token of one's acts that delivered death, be it for defense or attack, are nothing to take pride for. Do not offend me in such a lowly way. I am not a warrior. At least, am trying not to be such a sin upon this world any further."

He got up and begun leaving, but then stopped, glared at her, and left out a sigh. "But since there was a question in your words .. when you lose your family twice, you feel an obligation to at the very least honor their wish. Hope that serves as an answer to you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next