One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dr. Vegapunk last order to Kuma.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kinG_Card

kinG_Card

Dr. Vegapunk last order to Kuma. Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Vegapunk last order to Kuma.   Dr. Vegapunk last order to Kuma. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi guys,

I fear that there is an epic fail on One Piece storyline.

Bare in mind that i do not read the manga so i might be wrong.

At anime 523 when the crew finally rejoins and sails to the New World, Franky ask everyones attention to tell the story os who protected Sunny during the 2 years they were apart. According to him, Bartholomew Kuma was the one under Dr Vegapunks instructions, one last order to be done after he completly lost his humanity.
Sounds like a reasonable explanation except... Kuma was in the battle of Marineford, he didnt recognized Ivancov during the battle so i conclude he lost his personality by then, so how could he be in two places at the same time? Was Dr Vegapunk order to protect Sunny or to go to the battle of Marineford?

Can anyone explain this to me? confused

Back to top Go down
Steady

Steady

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Vegapunk last order to Kuma.   Dr. Vegapunk last order to Kuma. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:51 pm

Before the 2 year time skip, Hatchan and the Rosy Life Riders protected the Thousand Sunny. But evetually they weren't able to protect the ship and longer and went into medical care. This is when Kuma came in and defended the ship.
Back to top Go down
kinG_Card

kinG_Card

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Vegapunk last order to Kuma.   Dr. Vegapunk last order to Kuma. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Steady wrote:
Before the 2 year time skip, Hatchan and the Rosy Life Riders protected the Thousand Sunny. But evetually they weren't able to protect the ship and longer and went into medical care. This is when Kuma came in and defended the ship.

Yes i've thought of that, but Franky says that Vegapunk programmed Kuma to follow that order as soon as he loses his personality, and at Marineford he clearly have lost it...
He temporarly ignored the order because of the battle? Doesn't make sense...
Back to top Go down
Wrath

Wrath

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Vegapunk last order to Kuma.   Dr. Vegapunk last order to Kuma. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Well think of the situation this way...
Kuma asked Vegapunk to input that order before he lost his personality. Thus, speaking in programming terms, Kuma was given a "command".

Now after losing his personality, the World Government needed some way to control Kuma and give him other missions. Though the method has not yet been revealed, it is most likely left to the capable hands of our good friend Vegapunk. This means that Kuma can either be given more missions or have missions cancelled. Defending Marineford was one of these missions.

So why did Kuma go to war? Let's go back to the programming thing I mentioned earlier. Kuma has been given multiple commands. So how do computers and cyborgs determine which commands to complete first? They prioritize them. The battle of Marineford was one that took great priority because it determined the direction the new age would go. Not wanting to lose, the WG needed as much power as it could get. Vegapunk, though highly respected in the WG, was still required to send Kuma into battle or else that would be treasonous. Even if his wish to defend the Strawhat ship was already inputted, Vegapunk could override it by placing a command that took priority. Thus, Kuma went to war.

After a command is completed, the one that is the new priority begins. Remember, Kuma only began to defend the ship AFTER the war. So you may now ask what happened between the events of Sabaody and the war?

Well if you read carefully, the time between fighting the strawhats and going to war is less than two weeks. It is probably safe to say that Vegapunk spent this time upgrading Kuma and preparing him for war. Kuma may have been given his commands during this time.

I hope I straightened out the issue for everyone here. Now to get back to my homework...
Back to top Go down
kinG_Card

kinG_Card

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Vegapunk last order to Kuma.   Dr. Vegapunk last order to Kuma. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Hmmm... that is a big assumption! But i'll take it.

Thanks, i feel better now! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Vegapunk last order to Kuma.   Dr. Vegapunk last order to Kuma. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr. Vegapunk last order to Kuma.
Page 1 of 1