One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why did Vietnamese use Soviet weapons during the Vietnam war?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Why did Vietnamese use Soviet weapons during the Vietnam war? Empty
PostSubject: Why did Vietnamese use Soviet weapons during the Vietnam war?   Why did Vietnamese use Soviet weapons during the Vietnam war? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:21 am

I know Vietnamese used stuff like the AK-47, that's Soviet made. Why did Vietnamese use only Soviet weapons? Were there no Vietnamese weapons or were there?

And were there Soviets actually fighting side by side with Vietnamese against the Americans?

Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: Why did Vietnamese use Soviet weapons during the Vietnam war?   Why did Vietnamese use Soviet weapons during the Vietnam war? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 1:43 pm

That was in the time of the Cold War. North Vietnam was Communist. Russia (or the USSR) was Communist. Birds of a feather flock together, eh? And not literally fighting side by side, but rather just supporting from afar. And the Vietnamese tended to use their surroundings as a weapon. Poisoned foottraps, anyone? Oh, and why is there a question on wars in this forum?
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Why did Vietnamese use Soviet weapons during the Vietnam war?   Why did Vietnamese use Soviet weapons during the Vietnam war? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 2:03 pm

Uh....if the Russians were directly fighting us then we wouldn't be here, just smoldering radioactive remains of civilization. Did you even HEAR about the Cuban Missile Crisis? Imagine what would happen if the US found out about Russian soldiers killing our own!

Oh, and for the Vietnamese weaponry being Soviet-made, I think it's because Vietnam didn't have the money or resources to create effective weapons and mass-produce them.
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

PostSubject: Re: Why did Vietnamese use Soviet weapons during the Vietnam war?   Why did Vietnamese use Soviet weapons during the Vietnam war? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 2:53 pm

Gael basicly said it..
Also. The Viets were fairly poor. They couldn't aford effective weapons such as granades and other war materials.

I'm quiet sure the Russian's sold weapons for cheap at that time any way Neutral

But I'm not entirely sure..

GOOGLE DAT =BLEEP= NOW!

Lol...insider XDD
Back to top Go down
Redmerv
Admin
Redmerv

PostSubject: Re: Why did Vietnamese use Soviet weapons during the Vietnam war?   Why did Vietnamese use Soviet weapons during the Vietnam war? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 4:35 pm

please quit your topics about war safety weapons and orther violent stuff, its a one piece forum not a war forum, if an admin disagrees then I said nothing
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Why did Vietnamese use Soviet weapons during the Vietnam war?   Why did Vietnamese use Soviet weapons during the Vietnam war? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 5:24 pm

I have to agree with you, Merv. It's quite....depressing. If it was something like Military History or just History, I'd be all over that shit.
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
JOLS

JOLS

PostSubject: Re: Why did Vietnamese use Soviet weapons during the Vietnam war?   Why did Vietnamese use Soviet weapons during the Vietnam war? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:37 pm

This situation was actually was one of the last times the PRC worked together with the USSR, before the PRC allied economically with the US. Rather interesting period of history.

It wasn't really birds of a feather flocking together though. In fact, it was closer to the opposite. Relations were rather tense in the communist world. The weapons and general influence the Soviets had was one of the reasons that China invaded Vietnam in a brief war, after the US-Vietnam war. They didn't want Vietnam falling into the Soviet sphere of influence. That and they had backed the Khmer Rogue in Cambodia, which was in turn invaded by the Vietnamese.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did Vietnamese use Soviet weapons during the Vietnam war?   Why did Vietnamese use Soviet weapons during the Vietnam war? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why did Vietnamese use Soviet weapons during the Vietnam war?
Page 1 of 1