One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

"After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Empty
PostSubject: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 8:27 am

"It has been six months already, huh? Truly feels like yesterday's work ..."
"For you, it can be argued that is was yesterday, in a way, eh?"
"Hah ... suppose you can say that. After all, I was dead for a while, wasn't that the case?"

At an unknown location, deep into the treacherous waters known as the New World

"Is that really the correct path? Look at those waves! How the hell are we going to traverse this insanity?!"
"Are those truly the words of someone that partook in the take-down of an Emperor? How pathetic ..."
"Oh shut up! You know I was knocked out right away, right?! And it ain't like you did much, either, too!"

A vessel, merely of medium size, was attempting to travels across what was effectively a frozen, horrifying maelstrom in what was seemingly the middle of nowhere. What in tarnation were they even thinking, a crew power of only two? Even tho, despite their unassuming numbers - and to be fair, their less than stellar or formidable stature - and first impression of an appearance, these two men were somewhat special. Special due to partaking into a massive event that shook the very world and it's foundations to it's core. One of the Emperors, pinnacles of tremendous, unrivaled power and influence, defeated by what was seemingly a squad consisting of a bunch of vagabonds. And perhaps a certain man of perhaps near-equal stature. Perhaps. After all, they did won, somehow.

"Dammit all, we can't keep up like this, we will get toppled any moment now. I am sorry, my beautiful maidens, for I might not make it!"

Introduction (again? Really? How pretentious ...)
"Snow Gorilla" Brosko - Bounty: 200,000,000 Beli

"How sad they would be to actually see your face once more, truly ..."

Introduction box (Self-imposed? How conceited ...)
"Dusk Slither" Azure - Bounty: 203,000,000 Beli

"And why are there sparkling visual effects when you speak?!"
"Because I am handsome. Yet stoic." *Is actually sparkling as he speaks*?

Where are those two heading to? Perhaps a re-union of sorts? Who are they heading to? Perhaps more will be found as we follow them on. But hopefully not just them. Ideally. I daresay.
Back to top Go down
http://santoryu-phoenix.tumblr.com
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

"After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Empty
PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2023 9:29 pm

Introduction Box:"Night Bender" Ralisk 190,000,000 Beli

The warm rain converted almost instantly to steam as it hit the ground, making the thick, humid air more unbearable. Water mingled with blood running over a freshly gashed shoulder, the long glaws of the beast having torn four ragged gashes over the shoulder blade.

Ralisk seemed rather gloomy to be covered in water for a fishman and complained..
"Stop being so reckless - you know you don't heal well - things like this will only slow us down."

A dark figure frowned beneath a dark hood, green eyes giving a faint glow. "Fine.  I'll let the next one eat you - bears love your ki--"

"For the last goddamn time I am NOT A SALMON.  

"Whatever - you're still pink."

"I'm silvery blue! Stop defining me by the colour of my wounds, you psycho!"

"Stop getting wounded."

"That was all *your fault*"*

Much later, after hour of walking and getting slightly cleaner when walking behind a waterfall to reach a narrow path on the other side, leading downhill, concealed beneath the jungle canopy, a few stone were lifted near a durian tree, fallen fruits and dirt were brushed out of the way to reveal a dark grey leather bundle. A gloved hand tossed it to the fishman unceremoniously. He quickly unfurled the bundle to survey the contents, which contained older forms of currency of coins worth more than the common Beli - predating the World Government but still occasionally found in circulation amongst the wealthy or the odd. In addition there were several gems and curiously, some pieces of ore of unprocessed seastone and and others containing vivid veins of blue coursing through silvery quartz like stone.

"As promised" the hooded figure sneered.

"All this for locating that bag of old decaying junk? I won't say no but it feels like I'm ripping you off."

"No - you simply value what I gave you more than what you helped me locate so the trade is fair - I'll be in contact soon.  This isn't over."

The figure picked up a hefty bag, flinging it over one shoulder, the slight clank of old metal rumbling inside before silently moving away.

"How will I..."

"I will find you." came a voice seemingly from all around.

Just as he turned to ask another question, he was surrounded by nothing but darkness and the constant quiet sound of falling rain.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2023 3:07 pm

"Heavens, what a tiresome trip this one was! And that rain just won't stop! This island's humidity is just the worst!"
"Tiresome? You have not seen but a glimpse of how tiresome this quest-line is going to become. And keep it down. I can't believe that they assigned someone as loud as you in this department."
"Well, just so you know ... I don't like wet stuff! And second of all ... you talk a lot more than what I was told! Can we take some cover, now?"

Despite the relatively lengthy and somewhat loud exchange, especially from one of the two individuals, their presence was almost completely elusive. Seemingly from high up into the thick, thin-branched canopy, only two blurry shadows could be seen; only if you were too observant. And they seemed to zip across the sea of foliage at incredible speed.

Some distance away, the figures, still barely visible as nothing more than a pair of blurs, shadows in between the musky greenery, they halt. There was no more thick forest ahead. Instead, it seemed to be giving way to a more rocky-like terrain. Oddly enough, the forest seemed to resume after some more distance, with a large waterfall formation being notable in the distance. Even more notably, the rocky area in between the forest area seemed oddly out of place. Almost man-made.

"I've read that this island was one of the many inhabited by an ancient, now extinct civilization. Allegedly they wear great artificers, that build huge wheeled-like constructs, made for combat. Or something."
"Don't believe every silly folklore fantasy story you hear. And, more importantly ... don't dabble into things the World Government doesn't approve of."

The figures were still thickly covered into the shadows. However, a small glimpse of light momentarily caused some of their presence more visible, revealing nothing more than a pair of masks, along white costumes.

"Location reached. We await for the package."
Apparently speaking to some radio frequency, the shadowy figures awaited for a response. However, there seemed to be a delay, as the masked one repeated the statement. Then, after some static, a messaged was received.

"There has been a change of plans due to an unforeseen circumstance. Await in your positions. And ... if you spot anyone in the near vicinity that isn't our designated contact ... eliminate at once. There has been a breach of information ..."

Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2023 3:52 pm

Ralisk shook his head, his payment secured in travel pouches before returning to the sea.  "If I had known making money was this easy, I never would have ..."  He shook his head and pushed the thought out of his mind, swimming in silence for a short distance until reaching the series of crumbling columns and walls, a thick layer of silt protecting the deeper foundations while eels took refuge in dark crevices.  Already glints of metal could be seen peeking from beneath the silt.  It was unusual for a site to hold so many artifacts from the sacred to the utilitarian - someone left the place quickly... too fast to consider bringing these valuable items ... or maybe they just hadn't found the bodies yet.  There was something off and eerie about the underwater site but not eerie enough to refuse a payday. There had to be something to it since no other fishmen would go near the place.  "Their loss" he mumbled to himself while pulling out a jewel encrusted chalice from the silt depicting a strange divinity, though an arm was missing. That weirdo in the cloak was he only place to sell these items that wouldn't lead to an inquisition.

~~~~

It had been over an hour since parting ways from the fishman.  The dense jungle got tighter and more overgrown toward the center, bits of large stones and rubble covered in vines made constant tripping hazards, particularly when the same route was never taken twice to avoid making a worn path.  Under a tangle of vines, a large rock was moved to the side, allowing a slim access into an opening below before the rock was moved back over the opening, plunging the area into darkness. 

Intense almost feline eyes adjusted to the light quickly. A small, silver ornate torch made of skilled silversmithing was plucked from a holder on the wall  Using a bit of flint struck against the wall, the torch captured the spark and with a few encouraging breaths was lit with a flickering flame, not strong enough to light the entire area. While moving through corridors with a well-practiced path, glyphs were carved with a long lost language on the wall's surface briefly illuminated by the passing torch before returning to darkness.  After a long navigation through the maze-like structure, a chamber was revealed with a few bags spilling over with artifacts, some objects on tables made of broken stone slabs. A large map littered with lines and x's was pressed against the wall, one corner refusing to adhere as it tried to roll toward the center.

The bag was thrown down to examine the map, removing one of the x's and securing the defiant corner which only remained in place for a few seconds. With a frown, a brown jug was pulled from the corner, pouring an amber substance into a small crystal glass. The hood was pushed back revealing long silver hair tumbling down her back with the last few inches of the tips still clinging to the signature teal dye of a life long past. Crossing her arms, she took a sip of the strong drink and erased one of the lines, modifying its path and adding a new x. "Tomorrow" she murmured to herself because she removed the cloak, making her way to a feather bed placed on a large stone slab - an unneeded extra bed from the ship. Upon the surface of the firm mattress were several books opened to various pages, another sip was taken before furious flipping pages and placing notes in a leather bound notebook - a rough drawing of a complex structure was slightly modified on the opposing page.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2023 4:17 pm

"So, you are saying that someone has breached information about this place and that, artifacts from this land have already started to be extracted? How meddling ... I see. Yes ... consider that a dead man ... as you wish." The less loud, shadowy masked figure finally concluded his conversation with that unknown entity, through a secure channel. Pondering for a few moments, the figure signals to the more boisterous one to not move, nor talk, for a bit, before the other figure even had the time to comprehend that he wanted to loudly proclaim his thoughts and annoyance.

"No matter. We wait here, for now. There's only one entrance up from the under."

After what seemed to be no more than a few minutes, the masked man received a short, seemingly ciphered audio message. After a few moments of further ponder, he nonchalantly added "That faulty informant that leaked the information is dispatched. Plan stated before is still in effect. We wait. Someone will appear soon ... and I don't have to see him to know ..."

Somewhere, seemingly far away, a certain blonde stretched, still laying in bed, letting out a prolonged, soft yawn. Next to him was a small table, with a large, leathery book as well as a small dagger resting on top of it. Underneath the book was a newspaper, and part of a wanted posted was visible. Upon noticing that detail, the person, seemingly breaking from the serene, solemn moments one usually has upon waking up, left a soft groan of displeasure.

"It went up by a lot ... I wonder if everyone else's in such a troublesome situation as I am."

Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2023 6:41 pm

Several hours had passed, a nearby candle, barely staying abreast of an ever-growing pool of wax.  Her eyes burned with the strain of hours of pouring through volumes, recording notes, and modifying the map. She rubbed her eyes for a moment - an unnatural mix of green and red, closing a book as she took the last drink from her cup.  She held a silver pendant in her hand that strangely reflected green as light passed over it. She narrowed her eyes at the very worn winged symbol - a haunting image that had plagued most of her life.

She eventually laid back, the pendant still in her hands - images of her sister, father, and the past lingering in her mind as she struggled to sleep. For the first time she understood why some destroy the old things they find, but it could never be done. She winced softly, noticing she was squeezing the pendant so hard it cut her hand and blood dripped over one of the book bindings.  She frowned as she watched yet another wound fail to heal.  Her poorly bandaged shoulder was still bothering her - another thing taken for granted until it was lost.  Eventually sleep found her from complete exhaustion.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2023 1:30 pm

"Puru-ruru-ruru ... puru-ruru-ruru ..."

Nearby her, the sound of a Den Den Mushi begun to rhythmically buzz. The buzzing went on for a while, occasionally halting only to resume a few seconds later. It would appear that whoever the person was, there was a reason to be so persistent about it. Indeed, on some undisclosed location, a shadowy figure, hidden underneath what appeared to be a massive, thick, bright green leaf -a haven in between what seemed to be rain made up of pop rocks-, groaned, eventually stopping and laying down, hands crossed behind his head.

"That woman is so hard to get in contact with. Wonder if she's like that with everyone, har har har!"

After pondering for a bit, he decided to attempt it one more time, but instead he was the one to receive a call.

"Oh! Hey partner! ... oh, I see. So you haven't located that guy yet ... Renaldo Ginji and that Cat mink are with you tho? Good ... her? Nah, haven't been able to get her to answer ... why aren't you the one to do that anyway? Pretty sure she's your friend. Or maybe she likes you? No? Har har har ... well you know, we are the handsome of the bunch, after all. Alright alright, will try to find her, for real this time. Laters, Tiberius-bro ... won't even call me bro, too? ... He hung up. What a jerk, HAR HAR HAR!"
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2023 2:07 pm

Sleep had only taken her for less than an hour when a sudden noise sent her bolting to her feet in a keen battle stance, the dagger beneath her pillow being collected in one fluid motion as she leapt to her feet. She gazed into the darkness for a brief moment before the realization of what produced the sound finally registered.  She raised a brow quizzically - that damn thing had not made a noise in years. She had spent so much time out of contact with anyone and intentionally far away from any civilization that she was presumed to have vanished or died.

Even Ralisk never saw her face or even heard her real voice, being a run-away himself, he was fine with keeping as few details as possible between them - only business. He was only necessary because she had no way of accessing the ruins in the sea. Before that, the last person she had seen was Tiberius - at a hazy bizarre time, heavy with remorse, barely being aware of reality or sanity. Since then she had stepped out of the curse of feeling anything at all, like some suffocating second skin that needed to be destroyed by fire.

Since that time, there had been nothing but the hunt, no matter how cursed and inconvenient the results would be. She slightly rubbed the back of her neck before picking up the device, against her better judgement ... maybe it was that last glass of whiskey that compelled her to speak just one question into the noisy device, silencing it, her voice slightly rough from under-use,  "What business do you have with the dead?"
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2023 2:25 pm

"Oh ... oh she actually picked up this time! Is that you, Jade? Har har har, remember me? Well of course you do, who can forget someone like me? Eh?!"

The figure walked away from the protection of the candy rain, and while doing so, flames begun conjuring across his shoulders and on the back of his neck. Heat seemingly intense enough to melt away the pesky sweet rain before making contact, making the use of the leaf shield somewhat pointless.

"That is quite the cold opener, however ... come on, it's me. One of your allies when we all undertook that shit-storm of a quest! Topple one of the Emperors! Surely you recall the flashiest -and most handsome- of us all!"

Introduction Box
Freelancer mercenary / pirate vagabond / Underworld superstar / Kereveros "Infernal Triad" Cebros
Bounty: 1,540,000,000 Beli

Cebros was full of energy and bombastic antics as always. However, after his flashy and arguably over the top opener, a small pause followed that burst of power. And when he spoke again, there was a different tone. More serious. More humble.

"What happened to you, honestly? To disappear after all that, I daresay even Tiberius didn't expect. He's looking for you. Where can I meet you? There's some things that demand some clarification."

Meanwhile, back to the island where Jade was currently residing to, one of the masked individuals gracefully and near-silently landed behind the fishman. It took several hours, but eventually they spotted him emerge from the waterfall formation.

"Excuse me, sir. I'd like to have a word with you. It would greatly benefit your life to exert zero resistance."
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2023 3:16 pm

She gripped the device tightly, her jaw locking as the voice came through, blood running slightly cold.  This interruption was little more than a reminder of part of her life that she had long since shut out and wanted no reminder of much less any entanglement with it.  It had take too long to bury this chapter away and the last thing she would ever do is open it again - and let any foot through that door.  She spoke through gritted teeth.  "I will see no one. Go away and leave the dead to rot in peace."

Ralisk had briefly picked up a few items, safely tucking them away in inaccessible crevices, illusion bubbles making the spots disappear along the seafloor.  He had put away so many piles of artifacts far from the site and realistically could have brought everything to that bizarre treasure hunter at once - but he was no fool.  He wasn't about to squander this unique opportunity.  Every few days he would spend minimum time collecting and checking on things before lazing about for the rest of the day, hunting and eating, then training for a while before showing up looking tired with a meager bundle of artifacts, complaining about how difficult they were to obtain. He could keep this going for years. It's not like she could swim down and check - it was the perfect arrangement. 

This was not a delivery day and so had been on the opposite side of the island training before taking out some aggression and hunger on some bothersome seagulls.  He had just finished de-feathering one for an early dinner when his peaceful day was shattered by strangers.  He bristled at the sound of the voices hearing a distinct disrespect in how they spoke to him. Humans were such bizarre and cruel creatures that this tone could mean anything from hierarchical disdain or outright racism. 

He turned, picking up his defeathered bird by the feet as he strolled over. As he got close, he bit into the bird's throat, blood splashing over himself and toward the intruder as a thick stream ran down his chin as he chewed.  "You will excuse me if I don't have any extra to offer you - I wasn't expecting any guests.  Then again, I suppose our manners must be a bit different here since I don't reckon I'd barge into someone's home during their dinner squawkin' about cooperation for some shit that ain't got nothin' to do with me ... unless this damn annoying gull was your pet?"  He took another blood-splashing messy bite with his serrated teeth, speaking with a mouth full, "Yes?"
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2023 4:17 pm

"Oh my ... gross."

The mysterious figure, clearly disgusted, left out a groan. Sounding less convincing than before. From the opposite direction, the other masked individual also landed, just as silently. He was at least a meter taller than the average person -such as the first to approach Ralisk- and unlike the shorter one, his body structure was clearly more lean and trained.

"Was I convincing enough, boss? Went for a serious approach, ha!"
"Uh ... don't be so childish. As for you, fish-man ..."

The taller one casually placed his hands into his white trouser's pockets, somehow maintaining a relaxed-like posture, despite his eyes, from behind the mask, likely exerting a much more hawkish aura than his posture would suggest.

"You do not seem to be a greenhorn ... which means you likely understand your position. To resist is futile. I'll give you one last opportunity to comply, and perhaps your lowly existence will remain amongst the rest of us."

Meanwhile, the line between Cebros and Jade was halted. Cebros left out a sigh, shaking his head, before grinning and turning towards the leaf serving as a cover from the candy rain. Someone else was there with him. A slightly rotund, taller than the average human being, wearing suspenders and large, khaki-pattern trousers, along with a white, somewhat stained shirt. His arms appeared to be mechanical. His bald head, incredibly shiny. His long, twirly mustache, legendary.

"Did you pinged the signal?"
"But of course! All I needed for that were a mere few moments! Location pinpointed! Ha! Easy-o!"
"How long will it take to get there?"
"Normally ... I'd say at least a week. If you are weak! Ha! With my greatest invention of today, it won't take longer than a day!"

The man, tinkering something, lifts his head, his face stained with rust and oil, his bald top still supremely shiny. "Let's get going! Anything that my best test subject- I mean, friend, Mr. Mandrake!"

Introduction Box
Former 3rd in Command of the Marine HQ special science unit / now a wanted man / creator of Tiberius Mandrake's Cybernetics
"Razzle Dazzle" Cid
Bounty: 607,000,000 Beli

"Let's get his girlfriend back!"
"Just friend."
"Just his girlfriend friend. Got it-o!"
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2023 2:47 pm

Her body tensed, she realized her hand was nearly shaking, the device in her hand almost crushing before she realized. "I beg you - leave me alone, The only one I wished to set eyes on again is gone forever - any attempts made to shatter my solitude will be met with violence." She threw the device onto a pile accumulating note before pouring another glass and slowly sitting back onto her bed.  She assumed those idiots couldn't find their way to the island, much less locate the subterranean temple. Why did they have to bother her and stir up memories she had intentionally pushed away - it was a cruel setback that she fully intended to punish if necessary.

Ralisk eyed the men absently while continuing to consume his dinner. "Not sure what you think this barren wasteland has to offer you but the only thing anyone has ever found her is disappointment and death - whatever may have been here was long gone before any of use were ever born leaving not so much as a single stacked stone behind - but feel free to take your chances with the wild life - out of courtesy, I'll give you the spoiler that everything will eat you."  He looked up from his bird, blood running down his face "How much do you fancy little pet spies get paid to gallivant around the world throwing your weight around to waste everyone's time? Is the mask a standard issue uniform or just a style choice?"
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2023 3:10 pm

The taller of the two masked figures reached to his shirt's inner pocket, and pulled out a photograph, which was then shown towards Ralisk. It was slightly blurry, but it showed a partially hooded, disheveled individual, likely female, with silvery hair half-covered. The resemblance to a certain someone was clearly obvious.

"In addition to the fact that this area is considered off-limits for the public, due to undisclosed circumstances that may or may not be what you are aware of, we have a very reliable tip in regards to that individual. She's a wanted criminal, of a caliber that far exceeds your paltry bounty-monetary value. Given the remoteness of this island, and the fact that no one lives here, plus the fact that the tip heavily implies that our target is here ... it sounds improbable that you are not in some form, related. It isn't exactly the first time we have spotted unusual activity. Likely by you or your lowly kind."

The masked agent then nodded at the other one, who immediately got a hold of his mask, and started to pull it away, at the same time seemingly beginning to transform into some creature.

"Hahah ... now you've done it. Boss nodded that I can gore you up just a little bit ..."
"Consider that a small test to determine if you really are worthy to work in this position, power-wise. I will not save you if you can't win. I'll just have to interrogate then slay him myself without you."
"Mufufufu ... don't be so cold, boss. Small fishes like that mean nothing towards overwhelming might ..."

"Huh? What are you talking about? You can't beat me anyway and you damn well know it! Also, wait, no that's a misunderstanding, see that guy ... hello? Oh ... guess I should have started with that."

Cebros groaned, then approached Cid, who was apparently tinkering with something that seemed to resemble a winged-like mobile of sorts. "You sure that works properly? Looks ... shaky."
"How insulting-o! It will be perfectly fine. Most likely!"
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2023 3:50 pm

"Lets see what ya got there ..." Rlisk pulled the pair of spectacles from his head to the bridge of his nose, perring through them at the photo.  The clearly had no lenses but he found the made him like a bit more distinguished. He squinted at the image, questioning if he needed real visual aids until he realized the image itself was quite blurry.  After a few  seconds of close observation, not only did he authentically not recognize the figure who looked distinctly different in shape and size than anyone he had seen, he took a second look before bursting into laughter.  

"Where the devil did you get this image - did you send a camera to the past?  Everyone knows there ain't no silverheads around no more thanks to the likes of you, as I recall.  Last know ones were them royals over that old kingdom you were so threatened by that you needed to destroy it - now I ain't never been fan of no royals - corrupt and useless, the lot of 'em - but what you did to those people was outright barbaric and not even the worst among us would deserve what you did so don't presume to condescendingly talk down to 'my kind' after what you monsters pulled off - out of cowardice - and that wasn't even the only time. 

Anyway, like I said I'm afraid you're a few decades too late for them silverbloods - you already hunted them all to extinction, you see. You're more than welcome to scour the place - but all you will find is the bones of whatever unlucky sod ended up here - and if they DO manage to escape, the sea will take them - I don't have to tell you about the surrounding currents. I suspect you may find another shipwreck or two in the next few days from idiots after coconuts and the copper plates and goods raided from the last set of fools that were destroyed by this place.  Best of luck."

She had crawled out of bed, settling on her knees to open a trunk.  She pulled a piece of black satin from the top, pulling a well worn map, a few fragments of mineral in various colours, a black bladed dagger aside and finding under another layer of satin, a red sash, and white shirt - carefully folded and compressed after so long neglected. She started to pick them up, but as her finger ran over the fabric, she shuddered, which replacing each item in the box and slamming it shut, hugging her knees close to her chest, her head tilted down, silvery hair blanketing around her shoulders. She took several ragged breaths as her fists squeezed tightly shut, as if trying to push the sadness and weakness from her body by force. She stood up suddenly and almost threw her glass to shatter against the wall, but not wanting to clean up such a mess, she poured the small amount into a silver cup, dank half of the small amount that remained and threw that instead - but will less mess and less waste then sulked back to the floor, annoyed she couldn't even be impractical when angry.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2023 2:17 pm

"This guy keeps attempting to mock us, it's infuriating ... don't complain once you end up missing a couple of extremities, they aren't necessary for your ability to speak. Although am starting to no longer fancy that, either!"

The shorter one was no longer the smaller in stature. With an appearance befitting what could only be described as a cross between man and lion, his growl ferocious, breath heavy and eyes fixed on Ralisk.

"Hope you taste well ...!"

It seemed that what Ralisk said hit a nerve, however. Or at the very least, alerted the other agent of something that seemed to tick him off just enough to remove his hands from his pockets, and slowly direct his right arm towards the fish-man, pointing a finger at him, glare exerting intense killing intent.

"It would appear that you are aware of some information that you shouldn't. To naively assume that there should be any hint of remorse towards exterminating what constitutes a threat to the stability of this world ... perhaps there's no point in asking for more. Knowledge of the half-lunarian tribe, amongst other, likely more "noble" names that they may have gone with, is strictly forbidden. Be honored that it will be by my hand, instead ..."
"Hey, boss, just hold on a mo-!"

While the one transformed into a lion creature seemed strong and ferocious in his own right, it was the other one that seemed to exert pressure that would scare even the mightiest of the beasts in this island. Neither the lion one, and likely neither Ralisk himself, likely even noticed him dart towards Ralisk, extending a finger forward, seemingly about to strike the man's throat. However, in that split second, something unexpected happened, that caused the man to halt the attack, jumping backwards just a bit, only then a gust of the wind that he dragged along breezing past Ralisk and the lion-man.

"Whoah, I didn't even see him, is it ov-?!"

An enormous eruption occurred on the east, near the shore, strong enough to make the agent halt the attack, and turn his attention there. "What on earth ... was that?"
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2023 3:22 pm

Ralisk rolled his eyes slightly - not only was he annoyed these these two idiots were still bothering him, peppered with racist tones, he was also bothered that the WG and its bothersome stooges were still consuming their own propaganda with the preposterous assumption they had any control about what happened on the seafloor. Nearly their entire source of power was dependent upon a hydrophobic weakness and they would only ever have dominion over the arid, bleached lands, cursed by fire and sun as their actions slowly pressed more of their precious territory to the dominion of the sea.

Ralisk yawned slightly as the one of the creatures seemed quite ruffled over the implications.  "What are you going do, fancy?  Haul every fishman out of the sea that actively remembers the world before you short-lived clowns destroyed it while tying to gaslight your own young into a false reality? - that doesn't work on us, idiots,  We're old - we remember - but as it happens, unlike your kind we mind our own damn business while you idiots destroy each other - so like I said, your bullshit has nothing to do with me."

He turned suddenly toward the direction of the explosion, narrowing his eyes, assuming it was some idiocy from his present company. "Oh for fuck's sake - I told you there's nothing here and you idiots are just going to blow up an uninhabited chunk of sand for sport away?  Come ON!"

Jade stood up rapidly, her sword somehow finding her way to her hand as the earth slightly shook.  She narrowed her eyes, annoyed - that definitely was not an earthquake.  What kind of fucking idiot would be testing explosive on a tiny island? Why couldn't everyone just fuck off and leave this place alone.  The subterranean ruins had been protected for so long - she was prepared to slaughter the idiots responsible to avert any damage. This night was turning out to be most bothersome.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2023 3:55 pm

Minutes, prior ...
"I can't steer that thing away from those damn rocks! Dammit, why did the ship suddenly started speeding up so rapidly?!"
"Abandon ship ... don't forget it is full of ammunition and the like."
"What?! No, what if there's people on the coast?! We can't just endanger others!"
"When did you became this heroic? Look ... it's steep cliffs and ragged rocks. There's no one there. I am not going to die just for your idiotic last-second chivalrous bull-crap. Beautiful dip!"
"Eh?! Don't name your jump as if an attack! And why are there sparkles when you do that? ... EH?! JUMP!"

Present day, after the explosion
Brosko leaped out of the water, as if a fish, yelling. The explosion was enormous, enough to level a portion of the stony shore, waters rushing in the chasm to fill it up, dragging him along. "Oh noooo!" Minutes later, his ape-like arm blasts out and captures part of the still standing part of the rocks, pulling himself out. "Fuck fuck fuck! He must have perished! I will remember you, friend."
"I'm right here. Beautifully."
"Eh?! Why are there still sparkles?!"

"Go investigate what happened. I'll wait here."
"Oh man, and I wanted to eat some fish ... fine!"

The lion agent leaped off, disappearing in an instant, leaving Ralisk with the other agent. The agent slowly reached for his mask, and tossed it to the side, revealing a 30-something blonde, with grayish, hawk-looking eyes, sharp, staring down on Ralisk. There was only one person within the ranks of the intelligent units working for the World Government with those eyes, and said eyes were more than infamous around these parts of the world. The New World. "It would appear there's some more activity in this place, outside of yours. Wonder who else is around. Perhaps a silver-haired one, too? But no matter ... any last words?"

Introduction Box
CP-0 Aegis Executive, Tamuri Todd, also known with the alias of "Gureiguru" (Grey Eagle)
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2023 2:24 pm

Ralisk staed and the two, then slightly beyond them to the source of the noise, raising a brow as one of the men took off in that direction, indicating that they had not been the source of the commotion. "My - this 'abandoned' island is quite crowded today, what's the occasion?"

Ralisk had his back to the sea when an enormous sound emerged from the sea below them, the deep water below the cliffs seeming to come alive before the water began shedding away from a titanic creature with glittering scales the same colour of the aquamarine sea, the vibrant scales reflecting a glittering gold as the sun played along their surface.

Ralisk exhaled, annoyed, closing his eyes and muttering "dear god, not now..." under his breath as the large dragon-like creature coiled around him, obsidian claws at the ready, diamond-like serrated teeth bearing at the masked man.

"Damnit - Jiselle! I'm fine! - go back to sleep!" The dragon-like creature, dwarfing them all, even her head many times their size pressed her muzzle so gently against his cheek that he did not stir, emitting a soft purr-like sound before serpentine eyes shot a warning look at the masked man.

He could tell by the sound of her purr that he was about to be licked so he turned, placing his hand up. "I said not now!" - The towering creature whimpered softly, and dropped a sizable black pearl at his feet.  He could tell by the ... apology-pearl that her feelings were hurt.  He placed a hand against her muzzle momentarily, realizing his mistake too late as the great black forked tongue whipped out to drench him, his skin now studded with the same golden shimmer of her scales.  "...goddamnit, Jiselle..."

She chirped happily before lifting her head, fixing her gaze upon the masked man. He sighed softly, his entire body shimmering in the setting sun now, looking like he is dipping with liquid gold.  "Look man -- I've tried to reason with her. I can't convince her I'm not what she thinks I am and I can't be held responsible for what she does at this point." 

Against her better judgement, Jade was annoyed enough by the destructive sound from above to investigate.  Her entire night had been destroyed and someone needed their ass kicked for it.  She made her way through one of the escape tunnels she had dug long ago to protect the site.  The underground corridor lead up and away from the site for miles - she hit various pressure traps along the way, collapsing the tunnel behind her so no one could ever use it to find the site. She followed it until its termination point behind a large waterfall, rocks fully sealing the way behind her as she emerged, the route she just used, now sealed forever.

She moved carefully, well worn black leather pants hugged her frame as a dark green shirt helped her fully blend in with the jungle at night  Long jet-black hair was pulled back in a long braid as a few escaped tresses fluttered about her face..  Her eyes were a lucid green, striking against her dark hair, fading into the shadow under the hood of her cloak. She moved silently, blending into the dark trees, the soft rain disguising her footsteps. Not even her own sister would recognize her - even if she looked physically the same, which she definitely did not, the light in her eyes had long since faded - leaving nothing more than a soulless monomaniac killer. The one called Jade died inside years ago.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2023 3:11 pm

"Interesting pet ..."

The CP-0 agent nonchalantly remarked, stoically observing the situation, although a keen observer from behind of him may have potentially noticed a small sweat droplet, almost as if cartoon-like, perhaps, having former. However, he for the most part remained unfazed from the creature with the oddly non-fitting name, and just as nonchalantly swung his leg backwards, before hurling it forward rapidly. "Tempest Kick: Cleaving Moon!"

"Will you stop this already? This is a remote, uninhabited island. Stop that, we need to make a raft or something to leave. Gorgeously sparkly."
"Shut up, it's the least I can do to make amends with anyone that may have perished, however hypothetical you may think this is!"

And with that said, Brosko had finished creating what he considered to be a memorial of shorts, which was in fact just a large and long -oddly successful given the limited time he tried as well as the limited resources of just the right stones- pillar of surprisingly white stones. He took a knee, gave his prayers, then wiped his face with his arm. Smiling serenely.

"They forgave me."
"Fantastic. Let's go now."
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2023 3:43 pm

The serpent hisses, moving so fast, she appeared a blur, capturing the cook with a single slaw, giving a vicious glare and a glittering blue venom dripped warningly from her diamond teeth.

"Look, mate - I can't even convince her that I do not belong to her so I wouldn't recommend taking your chances with Jiselle." The creature coiled her tail protectively in front of the fishman while most of her body remained submerged..

Jade was annoyed as she slipped through the west dusky jungle, moving silently through the foliage, the cut on the back of her shoulder slightly painful as branches brushed against it. She should be back studying a bit more before sleeping right now.  Whoever is responsible will be getting no mercy.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2023 3:45 pm

The two pirates, slightly disheveled after their, mostly self-inflicted, explosive ordeal, begun cutting deeper into the thick, musty jungle. And by cutting they literally did just that, slashing their way clean. At least one of them. The other one seemed a tad less enthusiastic about such an approach.

"You can't be doing that! Maybe these lands are pristine and virgin, untouched by human hand. DON'T DESTROY THEM!"
"Were you not complaining about potentially harming innocent bystanders about that ship de-buckle earlier on? And besides ... that thicket is too ... thick. And bug-infested. Cannot allow it to mess with my gorgeous looks in any way. So ... cutting away. Handsomely."

"So I see ... quite a sturdy creature ... appears to be a Sea King ... hmm, have cleaved through bigger."
The agent begun elevating himself higher and higher, using rapid bursts of "Soru", reaching several dozen yards above the being, before unleashing another strike, this time a shower of smaller bursts of tempest kicks. "It is bound to have a weak spot. Aside you being one, of course."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)   "After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"After the adventures, await adventures." - Open to Cryptic Terror & Shadow (well, that would be me, so ...)
Page 1 of 1