One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Serious: Onwards, to New Horizons! - Revolution Saga, Part 1: New Horizon Arc, Open to Cryptic Terror & me

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

Serious: Onwards, to New Horizons! - Revolution Saga, Part 1: New Horizon Arc, Open to Cryptic Terror & me - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious: Onwards, to New Horizons! - Revolution Saga, Part 1: New Horizon Arc, Open to Cryptic Terror & me   Serious: Onwards, to New Horizons! - Revolution Saga, Part 1: New Horizon Arc, Open to Cryptic Terror & me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 7:30 pm

Jade did a double take as she passed Lillian.  "Dude, no ... why are you wearing my cloak and ... clothes while ordering me about my ship?" She eyes Tiberius suspiciously before she just sighed and moved past them all.  At last what the strange woman was wearing was some of her old clothes that she hadn't even seen in years, which were located in some of the upper cabins, meaning her secret chambers were still hidden - and since they were iron encased and fully fortified and loved with blood combinations, it would not have been possible.

She  made her way down stairs to check on the fortifications and artillery, startled slightly as a figure who had been lurking here emerged from the shadows as her eyes adjusted from the on deck sunlight to the low lit hull.  That voice was unmistakable. "Ah there you are - I lost a bit of beli against you coming aboard, but it was certainly worth it to see you again.  I guess your  old friend knows you better than I..."

A fishman of distinctive swagger emerged from the shadows with his distinctive crooked smirk, pale eyes boring into her.  He had such an easy charm and distinct charisma that made him an asset for his island and their endeavors - a born ambassador, even human women were helpless against him.

After the alarm wore away Jade was happy to see an old friend that was less unpredictable and certainly less annoying. "Xan... how are you? ... I... I'm sorry... I couldn't... I don't know what happened... "
Jade fell silent, realizing she didn't know what had become of the island, his parents, or even his wife, Lexana ... she hand only seen carnage, fighting until it all went dark.  She covered her mouth feeling terrible as her mind crossed the possibilities.

Xan had wandered over to her, placing his cloak around her.  "Shh... I know it's a lot.. right now... and I don't know if I even know if I believe in anything your friend said... but for now it;s all we have.. that one spark that's worth living for... and ... we owe both of them that, don't we? He placed an object in her hand and closed her hand around it.  "He convinced me to come with this... how could I forget?... but now... we are racing toward the rest of our livse or the end of our livess... we should make the best of it... "  He took a flask from his shirt and offered it.

Jade took a drink and handed it back, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Thank you... Xan... "  She took a flask from her thigh holster and tossed it to him.  "Try this on for size."  

Xan took a drink of Kiana's devil's brew and staggered back.  "Sweet damn ... what the hell is this?"

Jade smiled bitterly "The warming ghost of a lost friend; ironically, easing the lost of another... and so it goes."

Xan started to hand it back to her but hesitated.  It had instantly made his strong fishman constitution tipsy and she certainly didn't need it in her state.  "You won't blame me if i keep this, will you?"

Jade smiled.  "Please... She would have loved to bring a fishman to his knees..." Jade disappeared into a lower deck, following a series of hidden chambers until she arrived at her own quarters, unlocked with her own blood.

She gasped, falling to her knees as she saw the place unchanged, the spirit of the chaos still hung thick in the air... the crumpled papers, the broken furniture, her blades -unceremoniously dumped, disrespected ... a thing she would have never done, until she lost it all.  It took her breath away as the ghost of the pain seized her.  She curled up on the hard floor, under her favourite map that had once laid across her bed, until sleep took her.

-----

Jade's home island was remote and far-flung.  It was amazing that Tiberius ever managed to find it at all - which made her question the presumed 'incompetence' of her new crew mates. They had been at sea for weeks with frequent prolific fishing in the warm, fertile waters of her fallen kingdom.  Jade rarely surfaced from her secret quarters - which no one had access to. She watched the woman awkwardly verbally abuse Tiberius with disinterest while the others maintained their carefree composers.

Over the weeks as her ship departed the remote archipelago she stayed in her quarters, training daily.  She soon shrugged off her nightly immersion in the blacksmith's brew as it interfered with the caliber of her training,  Soon her frail, pale frame regained its muscular stature and colour. She even slashed the ends of her hair before returning it to her signature teal colour. 

The stronger her body grew, the more room and strength she had for hope.  The ship was now growing closer to danger but with it, her determination and excitement returned ... if he was still alive - they would find him  and if he wasn't ... someone would pay. Tiberius would never intentionally lie to her ... so if he was deceived, at least they could be enraged together.

One day, at sunset, she emerged from below deck; the sweat still rand down her face and abdomen, highlighted from the light of the setting sun as she approached Tiberius.  She placed a firm hand on his shoulder, her vivid green eyes more reflecting their former defiant glory. "I believe you ... I am sorry to have wasted so much precious time.  Now - we must find him at any cost."
Back to top Go down

Serious: Onwards, to New Horizons! - Revolution Saga, Part 1: New Horizon Arc, Open to Cryptic Terror & me
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2