One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest

Go down 
+10
Karasu(the crow)
Gael
antler
Redmerv
"Fire Kid" Blake
TheBlackLuffy
Sleepy
Cobdogred
Maxulus
Layman Iconoclast
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Empty
PostSubject: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 3:24 am

As you know the site has turned five, please post your ideas for what we could do to celebrate here, mods will chose a winner and then that persons idea will become a site wide event or what ever, winner receives an "any slot" tolken for the rp, GO
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 3:33 am

What about a writing contest that says the history of the site? I mean the whole history. The participants will have to browse through every thread and read it and in the end they will form the first, original history of the site that each member will be able to read somewhere. The one with the most detailed history that covers all the events is going to win.
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 4:32 am

I would like to see a site event come out of this no matter who wins the slot, that'd just be better for everyone. Anyway, my idea would be a tournament or some event that involves competition between the generations of the site. The generation of the character will be determined by what year of the site it was made. A generation one character would be made with in the first year of the sites creation, and generation two would be in the second year, and then so on and so forth.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:42 pm

How about an NPC creation competition, to give the site a new set of universal NPCs, kind of like the New world's unknown pirates. That way some of the needed empty marine sits can be filled, or some road blocks in the way of world domination for pirates. Each competitor will apply a single or several NPCs, and the best ones will become official general NPCs for the site to use, based on originality, effort or other parameters.

Another interesting event would be One Piece RP Race To The Grande Line's Good Old Fashioned Davy Back Fight Tournament, didn't see too many Davy Back Fights around. Crews won't risk losing territory or members, but we'll definitely see some interesting fights. OPRPRTTGLGOFDBFT Extreme!
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 3:32 pm

I say an RP Dance Competition. We take 1 of our Characters and put it in a thread and make them have a Dance Battle like Americas best dance crew. or So you think you can dance. We choose our music (It can be a real song). and RP dancing to it. Its fun, even if you don't win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 9:21 pm

I wish we could do another grab the last post game like the times before.

EDIT: I had another idea; everybody who participates plays as a standard marine or pirate with very little strength. Each person is given a target to hunt and each person is a target. As target after target is eliminated, the hunter gets more targets. Whoever gets the most takedowns wins. If you're taken down, you are out of the game.

Last edited by Jimmy-Rustler on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
"Fire Kid" Blake

oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest 913-33

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:13 pm

star wars rp were jedis have bounties for there head and bounty hunters be trying to hunt them down for there bounties and the more you trouble you cause for the "dark side" the higher your bounty goes, marines will be soldier for the dark side and the pirates are jedis

the world government and marines= are dark siders

pirates= jedis
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:53 pm

So do we have anything that's good enough yet?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 1:24 am

I was hopeing to wait for a few more ideas before judging
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 1:44 am

Oh I see, well I'm excited to see what comes out of this. Maybe an idea for an rp event that would turn into a cluster.....mess. Like different threads for each section or something.
Back to top Go down
Redmerv
Admin
Redmerv

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:25 am

it be fun to held a rookie contest, give everyone who enters a free slot to make a rookie. one pirate crew and one marine crew, just not a lot of strong stuff no devil fruits, and then pitch the weak marines against the weak pirates, the one who made the most awesome rookie could have another extra prize

we could have a point system to see that all rookies are on equal strength, make a shop let items cost points and abilitys cost points
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:37 am

Well with your idea, we could use the advanced section. That has the level system which would make it fair.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 4:06 am

I kinda wanna overhaul/fix the advanced section, no one uses it
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 4:13 am

Oh I was actually looking for someone to rp with, so I could start using it again.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 5:05 am

the advanced section was ment for a higher brow clientele of rper, gaia enthusiasts and stuff, but that was either ill designed or not well received enough by the sites demographic, which is clearly a more relaxed, faster paced crowd
Back to top Go down
Redmerv
Admin
Redmerv

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:37 pm

it was nothing wrong with the design, there were reasons I didn't join, I think more people had those reasons, personally I felt my english wan't good enough for it. But I love the idea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:41 pm

(I know voting isn't open yet, however...) I support Redmerv's suggestion.
Back to top Go down
antler

antler

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:49 pm

I like Red's idea sounds cool
Back to top Go down
http://onepiecememories.forumotion.co.uk/
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:30 pm

Red's idea has my support as well!

Also there are still people who use the Advanced Section as well (mostly just Lore and I), and it doesn't really need to be overhauled.
Back to top Go down
Karasu(the crow)

Karasu(the crow)

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 4:24 pm

I only have problems with the haki thing, increase of 1% per level last time I checked would mean 1500 posts for that character to have full Haki. Not to mention it takes a few levels just to get the thing. Unless I misread it, it says stat points can not be put into it, and it doesn't say how much it gains every level. Other then that, the rest seems awesome about it, other then it being a very loooong way before getting the character to even use it properly.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:06 pm

Stopping this before my offtopic comment derails the whole thread, but don't continue talking about the AS. We can discuss this later, in a different thread.
Back to top Go down
"Fire Kid" Blake

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 4:09 pm

I kinda got this from red's idea we hold a battle royale where we vote on what matches we want to see and for example

Karasu vs William

Anubis vs Nishiki

Maximillion vs Darnel

one match is chosen and rped
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:59 pm

Problem with your idea is it's not a contest for everyone to participate in. Red's concept is great because it has nothing to do with what character you build, but how you use the character you have so nobody starts with an advantage.
Back to top Go down
Rodoku
Admin
Rodoku

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Anubis vs. Nishki ._. Right that makes so much sense.
Back to top Go down
"Fire Kid" Blake

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:47 am

It doesnt have to make sense there is no storyline(if you dont want to or not its your choose) you just fight give the people what they want
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest   oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

oprprttgl 5th anniversary event idea contest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next