One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tier System

Go down 
+6
Layman Iconoclast
Frog Dragon
TheBlackLuffy
Gael
nikz200
Ugitzu
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ugitzu

Ugitzu

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 6:39 am

I should have post this two months ago lol. Anyways, their is already a premature version of a tier here in One piece rp. (admirals,vice admirals,captains,etc.) Those promotions are either given at character creation or events. Though it seems difficult to determine how these promotions can be met without a tier? A hierarchy in the game such as a tier will refrain people from making super mega strong characters at character creation. It gives specific characters bonuses, but this rp already has bonuses.[the marine ranks listed above] Also it would be much easier to increase bounties. It seems that the only downside would be its difficulty and how egotistical rpers would simply believe since their character is higher on the tier, that they can beat anyone and godmodding is plausible.[it happened to me before, I was like wtf. I don't care if you are a shinigami captain you can't god mod.]Though their could be specific limitations, regulations, and warnings on those specific instances. It makes sense to do that, in many ways to asses people who want bounty increases, as many mods would reject an increase from an event I believe. Also I find it difficult to determine icly how anyone can be acknowledged at any level without it. Well, besides shikabukai and marine ranks. Though this rp seems to format those ranks(shikabukai, younkou) like members of an organization, which I find odd. Overall, a tier would allow one to work up, allow bounty increases and provide clarity to ranks in this game such as marine ranks.

Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 7:12 am

personally, i am the first one to be all for an idea like this. Do you have an idea on a good system that can work? what would you use? just intersted to hear your opinion
Back to top Go down
Ugitzu

Ugitzu

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:00 am

good question, hear is my suggestion as to what it should look like

Spoiler:

There a possible way it could turn out.

Last edited by Ugitzu on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:20 pm

so youre saying there, that unless people reach level 3 they cant have a devil fruit? So how would people rise through the levels then.
Back to top Go down

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:23 pm

No, he's saying that it'd be those more likely to have proper control of their devil fruit
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:28 pm

ok.... that answers my first question, how about my second question? How would people rise through the levels
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 4:09 pm

Hm... Nikz has it handled, but I wonder... is this intended to screw up the preexisting order of things? Like, will for instance my Shichibukai be kicked out because he isn't technically feared, even though his power gives him an advantage practically anywhere in existance?

Or, because Anubis' power is also based strongly in his crew, not entirely on his own strength, will he lose that title?
Back to top Go down
Ugitzu

Ugitzu

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 6:41 pm

actually that is a basis on what it would look like. Not the specifics of it. Also many aspects of these ranks are generally misinterpreted. Starfang I'm a girl. Just to give you an example, if I knew you would ask all these questions then I would have written the specifics. I already have an explanation on how people would go up. Also, Ivankov isn't feared though he is still is a level five and that includes your Shichibukai Gael. Notice on the level six description I said Rumored! Also, yes what starfang said is quite correct, the description did say usually, I never use absolutes, so when you state these questions you have to understand what I typed more, you will get your answer. Also I was getting to the moving up.

Here is a broad description: the moving up would actually be your jobs. You are to decide if the character is worthy of moving up, it is up to the mods. Though your jobs are quite generic, I suggest hiring an rp mod for that kind of job. Anyways, based upon rping skills and such, any form of character development, that specifies that person to move up a level. For example, one would move from three to four if his or his crew defeated a marine organization, do something along the lines of that. It is all on the mods or the admins. It would be kind of difficult even if this was accepted to put the ranks in current characters. Also, the ranks would just be incorporated into current characters,(that has already established at title, mostly marines. As I said before it is going to be difficult to assess the ranks in other characters.)
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 8:28 pm

ummmmmm, Ugitzu..... i am the rp mod............ i am in charge of all this stuff........
Back to top Go down
Ugitzu

Ugitzu

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:04 pm

lol I didn't know that.
Back to top Go down

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:25 am

Tier system is a great idea, but its just an idea until its run by an admin. The Admins are the ones who have top-billing when introducing a new system.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 3:17 am

exactly, im not in charge of new systems, i enforce the ones in place... you need to take this idea to admin sama........
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:52 am

I actually really really REALLY like this Idea! The Level 3 and up idea is GREAT! I mean like..people can make Devil fruits..but they can't use them until there character reaches level 3 O.O

We can make some of the older members characters Level 5-6 auto..
But they only RP with that character once in a while..or at least that's what I'd do..

Its organized and really fair if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:17 am

TBL, if we do this system, everyone starts at ground zero...... we can hand older members auto level 5 or 6..... besides no, she doesnt mean people cant use their dfs at level 3, it only means that thye ownt have mastery, and actually for this i would have to limit so much more and introduce a point stat system where the strength , speed , agility , and so on have points and the one with the higher points has the advantage.......
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:29 am

Oooh..we should make a team to help distribute points evenly. It should be like..depending on what your character has been doing..like if he recently saved a kiddies piggy from getting run over by a giant bull then he gets +3 agility points Very Happy xDD No really though..lolz

This way it can encourage people to make smaller RP's like filler episodes and what not Very Happy

I also like your idea :O

Now that I'm sure I can keep my CPU in my room..I can be on the site more often...YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

P.S: Nikz I wuvs you <_< *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Frog Dragon

Frog Dragon

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 12:02 pm

....I do not like a point system idea. For a point system and clearly defined rules, I go to OPEx. Tiers are a good idea to make the fights a bit more clear, so not everyone is at the exact same level, but yeah, I think a point system is going vastly overboard on this.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 12:38 pm

no fundemental changes to this roleplay's system will be made at this time, that is all
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Ugitzu

Ugitzu

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:07 pm

Admim-sama What is your opinion on the subject, that is all I want to know.
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 3:19 pm

I agree with Froggy Dee :3
Back to top Go down
Eight Of Spades

Eight Of Spades

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:26 pm

I dislike point systems too
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:43 pm

I play RPG games for point/stat systems. I RP for writing and interaction.
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Then maybe on the character creation sheet..since it seems like a good idea..
We add the Level/Rank thing..

and every time you join an RP you post your characters name and rank such as this..

Entering:Bob Is fking awesome
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 9:28 pm

Admin-sama wrote:
no fundemental changes to this roleplay's system will be made at this time, that is all

none of you seem to have read this
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 9:48 pm

When the chief says enough, the chief says enough. Please, don't continue the idea as if it was given a green light.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:09 pm

sorry admin sama, my bad.

Admin sama has spoken, so enough
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tier System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier System   Tier System Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tier System
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next