One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Update: Suggestion box

Go down 
+24
Getsugaburi
Cobdogred
Gael
Captain One-eye
GoreFish
Sleepy
klemenator
Hikaru
Rodoku
Hobopew
Maxulus
Frog Dragon
Kaiser Yonkou
Eight Of Spades
Hysteria
Shichibukai Hunter
nikz200
Argent
keymaster
Irrational
Yusuke Rikudou
Layman Iconoclast
Shigeki/Man/God
Iggy
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
klemenator

klemenator

Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:57 pm

For the species you could add religion and kulture
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:55 pm

I added culture. Religion is a part of one's culture so that part is implied.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:58 pm

nope

reasons:

people would make angels and demons or specihes from other seires

people would make magic or other elements form other series

this is a one piece rp, we only rp that which exists in one piece
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:14 am

I think it is already mentioned that things cannot go too far. That possibly implies the creation of races like Demons and others like these. He probably means races like Longarms who have bigger legs, or like the Longlegs which have long legs.

As for the elements, I don't think he means elements like fire and that. He probably means materials like a rare type of stone etc.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:12 am

Max is right. That's what I meant. This stuff would have to be approved so unless every single mod and admin on here is a moron, I highly doubt spiritual beings such as angels or demons would come into play. As for elements, what I meant by that was stuff like carbon or oxygen or uranium except we would be making new elements that could, for example, increase the strength of a weapon or add some type of effect that was impossible before.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:46 pm

I see you dont respect my rulings; still denied

honestly this isnt minecraft either, dont bother geting technical, you cant have unobtanimum either, also both the longarms and longlegs exist, frankly Ive already explained why this is not going in, Im sorry your so hung up about it
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:59 pm

Ok, I've suggested this idea in the CB and I think it has the potential to turn this site's RP threads into something that can be actually called "Decent Leveled" by our friends the advanced RPers.

As we can all agree, the main section is filled with different chars and crews who are mainly power-hungry, always aiming for yonkou/admiral/shichi. But, what do these guys need to do to get these spots? Be nice enough in the CB and politely apply for a spot, which sounds too easy to me.

So, what I'm suggesting is a "Throne System". Basically, admins and mods will be the only members with the authority of applying chars into the said roles, with admins being the ones who approve the applications. An application can't be requested by the char's creator, and is done when the char is deemed worthy enough to play as one of the exclusive roles.

What will happen to the already existing "Royal" chars? Well, if all the apots of a said exclusive role are filled, the mods and admins will decide on dethroning someone, in favor of the new applicant. A warning will be given to the current yonkou/admiral/shichi that is about to be dethroned, and will award him with a final chance of proving himself worthy of the spot. If the char was still deemed less worthy than the new applicant, then the role will be transferred.

Of course, any user has the right to refuse a role, but has no right of applying for a role, which basically just puts mods and admins in an awkward position. The mods and admins should choose their applicants by their RPing skills, and char quality, with originality being a possible bonus.

The advantages? First of all, this will give EVERYONE a chance to get a wanted role, and will not turn it into an "I applied first" contest. Second, people who want a role will have to improve their chars and RPing skills in order to be applied for it, a fact that I think will improve the overall skill level of the site. It will also prevent inactive users from hugging wanted spots, and force yonkous/admirals/shichi to remain active in order to keep their spots.

The Disadvantages? The seemingly simple task of applying a char for a role will require the mods and admins to read the threads of the said applicant, which basically means more work for them. This can be reduced by signaling chars with potential when they are approved, and just follow these chars.

NOTE: This is a major change to the site's ranking system, and will result in numerous problems for sure. Please don;t take this lightly.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Im hoping the upcoming "limited" thread format will adress this concern
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:15 pm

Sleepy, I must thank you for the suggestion, it adresses a problem I didn't even knowI had until you made me notice it. I find the system you've introduced to be highly favourable, with the only possible loophole being giving the users about to be "dethroned" another chance to prove themselves worthy. Though I do see why this would be necessary for a fair system, I think it might be a possible spot for the same old story, and result in contests centered around the favour of the mods. I trust we will all be able to stay neutral about this though, won't we?
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 1:25 am

Lol, I'm glad you're considering it, but your RPing level is probably the highest around this site (Or at least among the top), I don't think you're the one with the problem here.
As for the loophole, I thought of giving only the admins the authority of evaluating someone's last attempt to protect his throne, to try and reduce the chance of favoritism (since there are only 3 admins I believe). The mods will only need to apply a char for a role. To reduce the hard work that is included in this system, perhaps one of the mods should be turned into a "Throne mod" or something like that, and he will be in charge of all of the exclusive roles and who gets to occupy them.

I really hope it will A-sama, the limited threads seem like an amazing idea
Back to top Go down
Hikaru

Hikaru

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 3:51 pm

I would like to come up with an idea for practice fight folder, where people can make topics where they can have a practice fights outside the rp world, meaning they can kill each others characters, but it doesn't affeck their character in the normal role play, this is something so that nubes can practice their rp-ing, I was part of a rpg page once how had this, and it really helped me improve my skills in rp-ing, what do you think of that idea
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 3:53 pm

You mean this?:

https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net/t10-good-old-fasioned-fighting

They're just threads with different tags on the end. They don't effect the rp itself, so people can fight all they want.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 4:14 pm

agreed, thats precisely what those are for, they dont "count" they are just practice
Back to top Go down
Hikaru

Hikaru

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:05 pm

I have been thinking of something, would it be possible to make a rumble ball like pill for logia types, here is an idea I have come up with, could you think about it admin-sama:
weapon name: Logia Mega pill
description: it is a little blue ball, that can be eaten.
weapon special abilities: this enables Logia types users to transform into their element for about 3 minutes(3 posts(can be changed)).
history: Roger of the DIA got a anonymous package once with 10 of these pills in them.

this is a way to make the logia fruits more like the once in the cannon.
Back to top Go down
Captain One-eye

Captain One-eye

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:26 pm

uhmm...changing into elements has been banned right?it is breaking the rules but then a little bit different...
Back to top Go down
Hikaru

Hikaru

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 5:03 pm

what do you mean a little bit different?
Back to top Go down
Captain One-eye

Captain One-eye

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 5:40 pm

instead of using the df power to change into an element you use an item,it is breaking the rules bit then a little bit different.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 9:55 pm

Nope, no changing into your element, no matter the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Hikaru

Hikaru

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:07 am

oh well I tried, and you don't know if something works without trying.
Back to top Go down
Captain One-eye

Captain One-eye

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:50 am

you do when something's not gonna work when it's against the rules Razz
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:19 pm

the element of a logia isnt a living organism to be altered, moreover many of the elements are not chemical substances, I dont see how this could work as theres no transformative property to begin with, logia are cheap enough as is
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:49 pm

I'm not sure if such a rule already exists, but I think some ruling regarding Seastone weapons is in order. Maybe going by the dial policy, which are as of now only allowed for Skypeans? Only marine chars should be able to start off with a seastone weapon, and even then it can only be a single weapon. If a marine wants an additional seastone weapon, or someone who isn't a marine wants one, they'll have to actively get it through RPing.
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:10 pm

I honestly don't mind the sound of that rule. It makes sense, to a degree. Although, starting off with seastone isn't that big of a deal imo. The biggest thing I have against this is, what's the difference if they get it before they start or a couple posts after?

Also when did this, no dial for non-skypiens pop up? It's certainly not listed in the rules.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:31 pm

https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net/t6365-ability-clairifications

Second post, A-sama implemented it not too long ago. And at least in my eyes, the difference between starting off with a weapon and getting it through RP lies in the amount of work someone has to put in to get the weapon. Since the site doesn't dictate history for weapons, people can just start off with as many seastone weapons as they want, not to mention that each weapon is completely made out of seastone and pretty much makes no sense. The very act of getting the weapon through RP would force the RPer to work harder to get it. It obviously won't be as ridiculous, since the chance of coming upon pure seastone weapons in the Blues is null and void, and the RPer will have to fuse the weapon into the RP, which will force him to provide at least a tiny background on that weapon.
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 7:12 pm

So basically making weapon histories mandatory would have the same effect. I just don't think that this would solve the over crowding of sea stone as much as you think, but who knows maybe it will discourage a few people. Also finding sea stone would be as easy to find in the blues, as finding a marine vessel. If you think about it there isn't much stopping people from blasting a random npc marine vessel and salvaging the seastone.

Oh, and thanks for the link, I never noticed the second post. So no ancient dials for non-skypians. So basically no rejection dials, which kill you in one use now anyway lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update: Suggestion box
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next