One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Update: Suggestion box

Go down 
+24
Getsugaburi
Cobdogred
Gael
Captain One-eye
GoreFish
Sleepy
klemenator
Hikaru
Rodoku
Hobopew
Maxulus
Frog Dragon
Kaiser Yonkou
Eight Of Spades
Hysteria
Shichibukai Hunter
nikz200
Argent
keymaster
Irrational
Yusuke Rikudou
Layman Iconoclast
Shigeki/Man/God
Iggy
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Argent

Argent

Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:23 pm

A thread that will function as News paper. Info post here will be information that can be used in character. Like how the straw hats antics make world news papers and therefore the other super novas already knew about him
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:35 pm

hmmm, this has been attempted before, however the main problem is who will maintain it? I love the idea, and i think it can make us very unique indeed.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 7:05 am

nikz200 wrote:
hmmm, this has been attempted before, however the main problem is who will maintain it? I love the idea, and i think it can make us very unique indeed.

I would maintain it. You know I'm active. All I would need is for people to send in the info to me. I would try to watch stuff myself, but that's a lot of work to watch every thread.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 7:06 am

hmmm i will put this idea foward at the league of extraordinary people ((AKA the admin and mod discussion area))
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:55 am

James D. Cook wrote:
I would maintain it. You know I'm active. All I would need is for people to send in the info to me. I would try to watch stuff myself, but that's a lot of work to watch every thread.

If the idea falls through, I can try to help you out with gathering/sending in info if you'd like. I read a good amount of the threads for pleasure already, so it wouldn't be that much of a hassle.

Again, insert an "if approved by the league of extraordinary people" here, but how often do you think the paper would come out, hypothetically? (Daily, weekly, every two weeks, monthly?)
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:34 am

Thanks! That would be great! Very Happy IF its approved of course.

Were you asking me this question? Cause I can tell you that if I am running the newspaper thing this is how I would do it: A lot of newspapers come out on a daily basis so I would be doing the same thing. If something big happens, such as Anubis goes and wipes out a Marine base, I might 'interview' through PMs some of the people involved in the battle and get their take on it and/or read over the thread myself to get my own take on it. Then I would make a thread in the newspaper section talking about what happened and what was accomplished and how this may affect things in the future. Also, I would mention any new bounties that people have received.

On anther note, since in the One Piece world bounty posters are sent out with the newspaper I could create a thread in the Newspaper section that is simply called 'Bounty Posters' and then I could ask an admin/mod to make it a sticky so that it would always be at the top. I could list everyone's bounties in there in alphabetical order and then I could keep track of bounty increases in there since some people don't update their bounties on their character pages. Of course, none of this has been approved yet so we'll just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Argent

Argent

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:42 am

I wasnt suggesting anything to formal. Like when a major event occurs the person/people involved will write about from a world veiw. For example

The anubis pirates goes there seperate ways what does this mean for the balance amongst power. Will war break amongst the yonku. Will the marines now try to catch Anubis since he isnt protected by his large crew....(rough idea how post would look.)
Back to top Go down
Eight Of Spades

Eight Of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:44 am

Awesome idea, Jim.
Back to top Go down
Argent

Argent

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:44 am

Similar to what James said however the interviews would be iffy cause a pirates perspective is likely to be in a interview so it would more a Npc point of view
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Yonkou

Kaiser Yonkou

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:51 am

to make your job a lot more easier, I think it would help if there is not only one person who will maintain it. A number of 3 or more can really help.
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:53 am

James D. Cook wrote:
Thanks! That would be great! Very Happy IF its approved of course.

Were you asking me this question? Cause I can tell you that if I am running the newspaper thing this is how I would do it: A lot of newspapers come out on a daily basis so I would be doing the same thing. If something big happens, such as Anubis goes and wipes out a Marine base, I might 'interview' through PMs some of the people involved in the battle and get their take on it and/or read over the thread myself to get my own take on it. Then I would make a thread in the newspaper section talking about what happened and what was accomplished and how this may affect things in the future. Also, I would mention any new bounties that people have received.

On anther note, since in the One Piece world bounty posters are sent out with the newspaper I could create a thread in the Newspaper section that is simply called 'Bounty Posters' and then I could ask an admin/mod to make it a sticky so that it would always be at the top. I could list everyone's bounties in there in alphabetical order and then I could keep track of bounty increases in there since some people don't update their bounties on their character pages. Of course, none of this has been approved yet so we'll just have to wait and see.
Hm... Another thing we would have to consider, if approved of course, is how biased the newspaper would be since it might have information for characters. For some reason, I doubt the World Government would appreciate a newspaper glorifying acts of pirates/revolutionaries if you know what I mean.

Interviews could be pretty interesting, though they might take a bit of time. Maybe there could larger, "special" issues whenever something major happens (like you said), or on the weekends and such. Getting that information out daily might be a challenge, particularly if we're trying to roleplay with our own characters at the same time.

I like the bounty poster thread idea you mentioned as well. It'd be great to have a list of the active bounties in a single place, instead of sifting through character sheets and hoping the user has it up to date.

Yet again, everything being said as hypothetical.

Zalton wrote:
I wasnt suggesting anything to formal. Like when a major event occurs the person/people involved will write about from a world veiw. For example

The anubis pirates goes there seperate ways what does this mean for the balance amongst power. Will war break amongst the yonku. Will the marines now try to catch Anubis since he isnt protected by his large crew....(rough idea how post would look.)
That could work as well, and be a bit easier to manage than what Cook proposed, but we could try both ways perhaps and figure out which will work out more effectively. It really depends on how far people would want to go with this, I guess... And if it's approved in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Yonkou

Kaiser Yonkou

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 11:10 am

The contents of the news are also important. It must be written in a "no side on" policy. IF the writer itself is taking sides. The news content will be changed. For example that Seshomaru died. If you are on the marines side you will tell that it will benefit greatly on stopping pirates that one thrash died. If on the pirate side likwise will tell that one hero died in in reaching his dreams.
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 11:43 am

While I agree with your comments for the most part, I wasn't implying that the newspaper be incredibly biased in my previous post, if that's what you were referring to.

I simply brought up the point that, depending on how serious we go about this, we might want to consider that the content would probably lean more towards the WG side. Pirates are outlaws, and simply wouldn't be all that glorified by the general public. I'm not saying that bias is correct and all pirates should be referred to as "muderous scum" and etcetera, but that chances are that a legitimate newspaper written there would lean towards the government more.

Not substantially more to the point of insulting anyone who goes against the government, but enough that it wouldn't be praising pirates every time they take out a military base. Actual newspapers can't fully escape bias, either. I just meant it as a possibility to be taken into consideration, that's all. It's really up to whoever ends up doing the paper and the moderators Smile
Back to top Go down
Argent

Argent

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:22 pm

I agree with hysteria
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Yonkou

Kaiser Yonkou

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:17 am

But I guess some people will think that some Marines are scum and corrupt so they might seem happy sometimes that pirates beat those scum marines. But it is just my opinion okay? Very Happy

and no actually, i did not think that you were talking that the newspaper was biased Hysteria Smile. I just said that based on my opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:43 pm

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying, that makes a bit more sense now Smile
Back to top Go down
Frog Dragon

Frog Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 4:48 pm

Enclosed inside this spoiler is a character sheet template, which is virtually identical to the original, except that it includes bolding and underlining. I think it could improve the readability of some sheets, and many people already do this. Most just don't bother, so it would be good to include it in the base template for character sheets. Anyway, here it is. As a sidenote, the [code*][/code*] tags are doubled so that it can be directly copied. This way, you can just open the spoiler, paint, copy and paste.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 5:03 pm

I quite like the idea of including some coding on the character sheet. It wouldn't create any extra effort on the user's behalf to use, and wouldn't take long to implement either... The sheets would be easier for all to read for a long time to come; especially for the mods and administration who actually have to check over the things. Pretty much a win-win situation for all involved in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 9:38 am

Well, people like high bounties and stuff... So I came up with this idea: Why don't we make a thread in which the highest bounties of the site are listed so that people will not have to search through character sheets to learn what the highest bounty is?
Back to top Go down
Hobopew

Hobopew

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:49 pm

If i under stand this right my suggestion goes here so *ahem*

Is it possible in the Advanced Section to get an area requesting people to join a thread, as we don't have many members just throwing up threads doesn't garentee someone to rp with,

So if we had an area where you put up the topic, the base idea for the plot in it, such as "My character arrives, and messes the town up" or "My character+ others may arrive on an island around the time a Pirate crew have planted a bomb and aim to set it off"

Or something similar, then whoever wants to join can say "Well i'll join that," or "If you wait until the thread i'm in is over i will join" etc.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 2:36 pm

acknowledged, advanced section general discussion sound good?
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Rodoku
Admin
Rodoku

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:31 pm

I think that sounds good A-sama.
Back to top Go down
Hikaru

Hikaru

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:21 pm

I have a suggestion for the chat box, there should be to types of chat boxes, one which says general, there you talk of regular stuff, while the other one says I need a mod/admin,where people can ask the mods and the admins to check their character profiles, df and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:39 pm

There's already an update thread for that sorta thing. And mods/admins are pretty good at looking at stuff if people ask nicely, so I'd kinda find an entirely separate one rather redundant.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:46 pm

I think that we ought to have an "Additions" section on this site. This section would operate just like the Character, Devil Fruit, and Weapon creation sections in that everything that is placed in it would have to be approved. That way those "Additions" could not be overpowered.

Now, the point of having a section like this one is so that people could create additions to the world of One Piece. For example: People could create new species. Nothing too crazy of course. I'm not saying that people should make Vampires or something like that. That would be ridiculous. Let me explain what I mean. A while back someone actually did invent a new species. He called this species Birdmen. They were like Fishmen in that they had the attributes of animals. The only difference being that since they were Birdmen they would be based on flying creatures. Now, creating species wouldn't be this section's only use. I think that creating new elements would also be interesting. For example: Perhaps someone could create different varieties of seastone. I'm not saying that new types of seastone would be approved, but it's one possibility among many. I have an idea of my own that I am working on for one of my characters (Avery Crusher) that involves the usage of a type of stone that does not yet exist in the One Piece world. I can post that idea if you want me too so that you can get a better idea of how this sort of thing could work.

Anyway, that's the basis of my idea. If you like it I can expand upon it to include other areas. And to wrap up my idea I have included below possible templates for both species and elements. I'll try to keep the templates in the same format as the other templates on this site. They will be pretty basic as I am not planning to complete this idea in the course of a single day.

Species

Spoiler:

Elements

Spoiler:

Last edited by Daniel D. Haught on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update: Suggestion box
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next