One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Update: Suggestion box

Go down 
+24
Getsugaburi
Cobdogred
Gael
Captain One-eye
GoreFish
Sleepy
klemenator
Hikaru
Rodoku
Hobopew
Maxulus
Frog Dragon
Kaiser Yonkou
Eight Of Spades
Hysteria
Shichibukai Hunter
nikz200
Argent
keymaster
Irrational
Yusuke Rikudou
Layman Iconoclast
Shigeki/Man/God
Iggy
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:03 pm

yeah, cob, your not a staff member but thanks for answering the suggestion as if you were one, but Im sorry you dont speak for the staff here
anyway as for the marine policy I find it unrealistic that a pirate couldn't just steal from a marine character in their backstory, rendering it moot, likewise the dial policy only limits ancient dials, however would you be okay with the revolking of every pirates seastone?
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:52 pm

I wasn't attempting to answer anything at all. Merely, I was just discussing the topic at hand, as so many before me in this thread have.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:29 am

Then perhaps my idea isn't as thought through as I hoped, but I still think there's a problem regarding seastone weapons. It's clear that people, especially pirates who start off in a random blue, shouldn't have seastone, not to mention weapons of pure seastone that even top ranking marines don't sport. Yet, there isn't a rule that contradicts that, so I find myself kinda helpless against these weapons.

I can see that my solution has plenty of cheap loopholes that can be exploited, but I honestly think something should be don about this, perhaps even limiting the amount of seastone that can be mounted on a weapon?
Back to top Go down
Getsugaburi

Getsugaburi

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 2:49 am

Ban all talk of Scary Stuff
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 3:36 am

such as?
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 12:32 pm

He's talking about SlenderMan.
Back to top Go down
Getsugaburi

Getsugaburi

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 1:06 pm

Grar. It was an In the moment thing. I was creeped out. But im Fine with that stuff now.
Back to top Go down
TheRed

TheRed

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 pm

Ummm, I was wondering if we could get the higly ranked char. pages updated (EX. yonkou, shichibukai, and admirals and fleet admiral). Also like Layman Iconoclast, or Admin-Sama, said, I think we should add the Gorosei/five elder stars added. I think it might add a little excitement to rping. It lets the characters who are the gorosei discuss and strategize the navy's plans and even cause huge battles.
Back to top Go down
Getsugaburi

Getsugaburi

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 8:31 pm

Since we're on the subject of the Gorosei, I might as well voice my opinion. I believe that if we have Gorosei they should be NPCs created by administrators such as Rodoku, or E. The Gorosei are the ultimate power in the military world and if the Gorosei were PCs they would obviously have to be super powerful in battle. The NPC Gorosei should only be brought out during situations that actually have importance. Gorosei don't wander around fighting mediocre pirates.
Back to top Go down
Rodoku
Admin
Rodoku

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:09 pm

Following Getsu's idea. They should either be site characters of relevance to be administered only by Admins or Senior moderators or NPCs that dont participate in anything. Even in canon one piece, the gorosei are just something like a war council and do not get involved directly with the matters.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 4:15 am

We could have a contest of some sort, with 5 winners instead of one. Each of the winners will be allowed to create one of the NPC Gorosei, and RP them in whatever thread they'll pop up in.
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 4:31 am

Well, the main reason that we don't have Gorosei yet is that we don't know their motives and what they actually do other than discussing. However, for the discussion part we already have the high-ranked marines so there's no reason for another group like this that the only thing it would do would be to waste the character slot of the people who would be controling the Gorosei
Back to top Go down
TheRed

TheRed

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:55 pm

We could always have the Gorosei never actually show up in battle. Even if they're NPCs, the admins could make them order the marines to attack so and so or do whatever.
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 3:54 am

well, I think that on occasions like this a WG NPC was used without specification if they are the Gorosei or not.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 4:58 am

On a different note, I have another suggestion. Now that the entire RP area is divided into sections, we could make marine NPCs or pirate NPCs that are both specific to a single area (Ex. the East Blue, South Blue and so on...) and general for the entire site, like the Unknown Pirates of the New World. They could appear in threads that take place in their areas, either as enemies or allies, and "tie" different RP threads together.
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 5:18 am

Well, your idea Sleepy is great. I guess we could work on something like that, if the other members of the staff agree with this, as well.
Back to top Go down
"Fire Kid" Blake

Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 913-33

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 1:02 pm

Not to break up this topic and change the subject, but I think we should kinda have a Supernova group now, except one doesn't apply for Supernova. They receive a Nomination, by possibly a senior member or an admin/mod. Now here we could have some requirements for it, like 40 million bounty + doing an IC action that would truly piss off the World Government, or like 40 million and seen as a future threat to the World Government (this sort of reason for Nomination would have to be agreed upon by 2 mods), maybe 40 million and possible shichibukai contenders. Just spitballing ideas, but if this idea were to come into fruition there would be no self nominations.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 3:24 pm

For the supernova part, in the series, those are rookies that are called as such due to their high bounties and general infamy. I don't think we need to go into threads to "clarify one's status as a supernova", but instead, we could call as such some pirates already around, that have relatively high bounties/infamy, but are not around for that long. For example, my character, Wally, simply can't be nominated as a "supernova", despite not having any status, because he's around for years, and is considered a veteran. Supernova is a "name" for big-shot rookies, and we should treat it as such. We can basically just pick (well, Admins and/or moderators) a number of pirates that meet those expectations stated above. That's just my opinion btw, feel free to discuss with me or present your own opinion.
As for the Gorousei, I think we should have them, as NPC as stated of course. But only use them into important threads, or, if someone wants to add one on their thread (be it just a cameo, a flashback, a side-story of their thread or actually takin part into one) should ask for a permission from an Admin.
Back to top Go down
http://santoryu-phoenix.tumblr.com
4Nakama

4Nakama

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 3:35 pm

I agree with Shad0w. For the Gorousei, they should be NPCs made by a member of staff.
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 4:02 am

About the Supernovas, pretty much every rookie captain with a high bounty can be called a Supernova so there's no need to make a rank like that. Everyone has the chance to be a Supernova.
Back to top Go down
"Fire Kid" Blake

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 2:09 pm

But I don't think there is any justification in calling someone a Supernova when there's no rank.
Back to top Go down
Getsugaburi

Getsugaburi

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 2:24 pm

No special privileges come with being a supernova so why would it need to be a rank?
(If special privileges do come with being a supernova ignore this)
Back to top Go down
"Fire Kid" Blake

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 3:10 pm

Yonkou's don't have privileges, just major infamy.
Back to top Go down
Rodoku
Admin
Rodoku

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 5:39 pm

Supernova will not be, neither is, a rank. It is a denomination for rookie pirates with high bounties. It doesnt bring mayor infamy, it is just a kind of tag given by the community.
Back to top Go down
"Fire Kid" Blake

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 5:57 pm

then how do we decide who is a supernova?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update: Suggestion box   Update: Suggestion box - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update: Suggestion box
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next