One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reading Material

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Reading Material Empty
PostSubject: Reading Material   Reading Material Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 am

I love to read, a call out to anyone else out there that enjoys it, toss out your favorite material for discussion.
(And yes, Manga, comic books, good magazines are all accepted..though if you start quoting Playboy at me your wrong)

Series:
Wheel of Time- Robert Jordan
Ridiculously in depth, more characters then you can shake a stick at, extremely interesting system of "Magic", and an awsome fusion of east/west principles... 13 books so far, though Robert Jordan died last year so they dont know if the last book will come out....five stars
Malazan books of the Fallen- Steve Ericksonn
It is a series based off of an RP that mutated, grew some extra arms and legs and got pretty much awesome....for any that have read this.."Fiddler/strings Pwns Face" Its gritty, realistic, I also like how he made a whole new twist on "magic" in his world.
Discworld Series- Terry Pratchett
Hilarious....just plain hilarious. You could convievable pick up any of the books, read through it...Die laughing, ressurect and go out and buy more....think of any preconcieved notion you have in fantasy, and expect it to be twisted onto its head in a riotously fun fashion.

Thats all im going to put for now, the list could go on and on and on and on and on
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

Reading Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Material   Reading Material Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 6:07 pm

The Bartimeaus Trilogy
This is a fantasy series about magic and all. BUT! magicians must summon demons to do magic for them. Switches viewpoonts from Bartimeaus the Dijinn, Nathaniel the magician, and Kitty the commoner(only in part two and three) every other chapter or so.
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Fwink

Fwink

Reading Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Material   Reading Material Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:17 am

I loved the bartimeaus trilogy, though the last one was trippy

The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
Bout a girl who is drafted into a large, battle royal style, death match between 24 members, 2 from each district, of a country located somewhere in the U.S. in the future. contestants must fight to the death, gathering supplies in a special arena. The whole thing is televised, and in order to gain popularity she, and the boy who came from her district pretend to have a love interest, though they will be forced to kill each other to end the hunger games. However the boy really likes her, while shes just pretending. anyways its good, and my summary doesnt do it justice.

Roots - i forget the author
a book about a man in africa who is taked prisoner and shipped to the U.S. to work as a slave. He faces many hardships, and eventually has a daughter. this daughter faces hard ships aswell and has a son. and it follows this family for about 4 generations. This book shows alot about the lives of slaves, and their relationships with the slave masters and such. Its actually alot better then it sounds.

The Last Lecture - Randy Pausch (havent actually read this yet, but i have it and im going to)
this is book written by a carnegei professor with terminal cancer who was given 3 months to live (though he actually lived for alot longer) He decided to give a "Last Lecture" to his students, and had it recorded so that his children could see it when they grew up. It was about his dreams and what he did with his life, and pretty much instructed them on how to live a good life. Its on youtube i believe, and now is a published book. sadly the author has succumbed to his cancer, but he lived alot longer then they thought (like 9 months i think)
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

Reading Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Material   Reading Material Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:23 pm

I finished the third book. It was fun.

The House on Magno Street by Sandra Cisneros.
It's a collection of vingettes about a hispanic girl named esperanza, who lives in a not-so-good neighborhood in chicago.
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Sponsored content

Reading Material Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading Material   Reading Material Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading Material
Page 1 of 1