One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

No Logia Touching? Possible Explanation Idea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

No Logia Touching? Possible Explanation Idea Empty
PostSubject: No Logia Touching? Possible Explanation Idea   No Logia Touching? Possible Explanation Idea Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:31 pm

As Logia users becoming their fruit is a form of autododging, Yet becoming an element is part of their nature, I propose a concept of a material called 'Sea Dust' to others to explain some Devil Fruit Limitations like the Mythical Zoan Full Transformation and Logia users to be able to still be hurt in their forms (Transformations into their elements are still allowed, But they can be injured and damaged in that state by guns or swords/Or it goes right through them but causes the same/more pain then it normally does to provide caution when using their abilities) or prevents Logia users to enter their stately forms. It can also be used to explain some powers that some fruits have can not be used (Simply for being Overpowered)

Sea Dust is a mysterious invisible substance recently found in the air (Don't know how many years back to put it, Maybe 10 years) that just tasteless and odourless and invisible to the idea, yet causes problems with Devil Fruit powers all around the sea. There is no known "Safe" Location from it except in special areas that are usually locked down and normally doesn't get much fresh air (Sealed off Labs, Mariejois, other locations mentioned). Some mention that it is possibly connected to a major event that could shake the world while others theorize that the sea does this every so hundred years or something.

I am offering this suggestion to implement a new concept of why some things don't work as normal in this universe. Just an idea for an explanation to everything
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: No Logia Touching? Possible Explanation Idea   No Logia Touching? Possible Explanation Idea Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:45 pm

Well, the reasons we don't allow intangibility as well as hybrid mythical zoan modes is simply because they offer things that can wreck a roleplay, namely the fact that you basically gain auto-dodge & potential overpowered abilities, for example, a hybrid phoenix will have auto-heal AND retain boosted physical prowess, making it extremely powerful. Other mythicals go the same route. I understand that you want to have a story-based explanation of why this occurs but, as of now, and since haki is not an allowed ability to possess, thing will likely stay as they are, aka, merely off-screen, site rules.
Back to top Go down
http://santoryu-phoenix.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: No Logia Touching? Possible Explanation Idea   No Logia Touching? Possible Explanation Idea Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:50 pm

I know that they are OP, Just wanted a canon explanation that could work
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

PostSubject: Re: No Logia Touching? Possible Explanation Idea   No Logia Touching? Possible Explanation Idea Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:32 pm

If it is such an issue, we could just give everybody armament haki in the style of effecting logias but no further and allow people to keep their transformations; similarly we could limit the effects of hybrid forms... Like say, hybrid phoenix has auto-heal every three posts instead of immediately as done with the full transformation. It wouldn't be complicated enough to be advanced section, and it might finally end the constant flow of people asking about logias and mythical zoans. We all understand it is OP (overpowered), but it is also OP (One Piece). I agree though. If we don't give an in character explanation for why they can't transform, or allow it limitedly, it is a minor, but ever present, issue.
Back to top Go down
Karasu(the crow)

Karasu(the crow)

PostSubject: Re: No Logia Touching? Possible Explanation Idea   No Logia Touching? Possible Explanation Idea Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Allowing a free style to RP with no actual stat system and starter limitations comes with its shackles too. A person can already start their characters with basically a higher standard of strength then the majority of other RP sites if not all of them. The only thing to stop the confusion and the possibilities of overpowered characters is withholding the three main issues. One, Haki, two, Logia, and three, Mythical zoan hybrid forms. The site is still more free then basically any other OP site I've seen (that isn't a rip off from this site) all that's asked is limitations so every character can become a strong character, but not a godly character.

As for your current ideas, everyonehasarmorhakiwhat? Then what is the point of having logia transformations? A useless secondary ability that does nothing to anyone but selected NPC's? Will the site become an arena of armor haki users because we want to allow Logia and Mythical Zoans to go into their desired state? I semi-understand the mythical zoan idea, not really, but it's better if we leave this part of the site limited and at the same time free with what they have. I mean, seriously, logia users that transform into their elements but it's more cosmetic then anything? (basically), to me, I'd think the site would only lose quality. Not to mention the major change will have to effect everyone ICly, as in all of the yonku and shichibukai, all the marines, pirates, everyone. And Armor haki will just be something we give out as charity? WHAT THE HELL KIND OF CANON IS THAT! I personally don't like it, both quality wise, and plot hazard wise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Logia Touching? Possible Explanation Idea   No Logia Touching? Possible Explanation Idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Logia Touching? Possible Explanation Idea
Page 1 of 1