One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question about devil fruits in weapons

Go down 
+2
Layman Iconoclast
Mimiu
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AsyD

AsyD

Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:59 pm

Because it's still a cannon?
Funkfreed was still bladed even when an elephant
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:00 pm

I knew that (see Hayato, a razor harp boomerang with the bat bat fruit which Sano (my character) owns) but cannons d not shoot baseballs and anyway it was once a gun....
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:02 pm

So? That's why it can shoot cannonballs... because it was once a gun
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:03 pm

it shoots exploding baseballs....
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:06 pm

-_-

Time delayed explosives, made to look like baseballs. Go read/watch that part of it again. They are not normal baseballs, even cosidering that they explode normal. It, like all cannons, would shoot what it is loaded with.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:08 pm

I have a character that uses those same baseballs (Jace) the size difference and storage is what gets me if it was in fact a cannon how dose it have a seemingly infinite amount....
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:11 pm

Because in movies guns are never empty unless it produces drama
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 7:53 pm

So why are we talking about the exploding baseballs? The bazooka in that episode / chapter was fed a zoan type fruit, allowing it to take a hybrid form somewhere between a bazooka and a dog. It did nothing to alter the baseball bombs.
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Questions about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:32 pm

AsyD wrote:
Paramecia powers do not stop working if the body structure has been altered, however Mr.3 for example would not be able to use his powers.

The unable to move in water is a toss up on opinion at the moment. Luffy can clearly be seen to be struggling to stay on the surface numerous times throughout the series, however this could just be because his arms had not yet submerged and allowed him to move them.

This may have been stated already, but Mr 3's fruit is not Logia but Paramecia as he cannot turn into wax. Also, you don't need to be able to swim to float, as swimming is motion. Your density changes (that's the science in it) which could cause you to sink
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:39 pm

Except a change in density requires either mass or volume to change. Mass does not change unless the object's composition changes. Therefore, the answer is: magic.
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Questions about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:46 pm

duh... I mean seriously, why is science required here? It's a comic about pirates who have special powers, not about scientists who use advanced formula to defeat there enemies.
Back to top Go down
Amey

Amey

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:12 am

Allister Blizt wrote:
scientists who use advanced formula to defeat there enemies.

That would make one hell of an anime...
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 8:34 am

Allister Blizt wrote:

This may have been stated already, but Mr 3's fruit is not Logia but Paramecia as he cannot turn into wax. Also, you don't need to be able to swim to float, as swimming is motion. Your density changes (that's the science in it) which could cause you to sink

Once again, I must inform you to read the thread before posting.
I didn't state that Mr. 3 was a logia and the query was over the weight. They do not get heavier, as is evidenced many times in the manga/anime.
The water, impo, merely disables the motary function of anything immersed in it.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:01 pm

Ace and Smoker can easyly become weightless while being turned in to their element but that dose not change their weaknesses in that state
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:10 pm

Relevance being?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:16 pm

AListers question... (man you can be mean)
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:21 pm

Still...

AsyD wrote:
Relevance being?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Ive already told you, ALISTER'S QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:31 pm

That isn't sufficient.
It isn't relevant to his question.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:35 pm

((you forget whos in charge here))

Im not going to involve myself with these threads anymore, there to much of a hassle
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:38 pm

No I know who's in charge here.
That you can ban me is fine, though there has been no provocation to do so do not attempt to threaten me.

I asked you to cite the relevance of your statement.
It isn't a hard task. If it is obvious, I failed to see it, so asked you to re-iterate.
If that's too hard for you then by all means, feel free to run. If you do, it's more likely because there was no actual connection however, impo.
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Everyone stop. Do not continue. This thread is over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about devil fruits in weapons
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2