One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question about devil fruits in weapons

Go down 
+2
Layman Iconoclast
Mimiu
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mimiu

Mimiu

Question about devil fruits in weapons Empty
PostSubject: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:35 pm

Does that mean make the weapon just sink or could it still be held underwater? I remember in the Arlong arc, Luffy's head was easily pulled out of the water, so I'm curious what you guys think it'd be like weapon wise
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:47 pm

yes but it would be WAY heavyer and not be able to use its power
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Mimiu

Mimiu

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:48 pm

Ah, okay, thanks.
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:19 pm

Why would it be heavier?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:20 pm

because normal DF users get just as heavy when under water..........
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:23 pm

Just as heavy?

There is no weight gain. They lose the ability to move while submerged, that is all... this is why we can see Luffy splashing around on the top of the water and why his life-rings support him.

Weight does not change.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:26 pm

then why the whole "hammer" analogy and everyone being so hard to pull back? Luffy's neck even got stretched as they pulled him back as if he was heavyer...
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:29 pm

Hammers sink. People who do not swim sink.
People are hard to pull back?
No they aren't. The stawhat fruit users are falling/diving in the sea and being pulled out almost all the time, aside from Robin.

The neck? Let's see you stretch rubber and strain against it.

Every force has it's equal in the opposite direction remember.
Back to top Go down
Amey

Amey

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:55 pm

Also. Luffy's neck stretched as if his body was heavier because in the Arlong arc his feet were STUCK IN CEMENT....no normal person could pull a block of cement out of water very easily. Especially with a person attached to it. Hence why Sanji had to swim down to break the block.
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:53 am

Not to mention this proves that a power does not stop working if you are underwater.

As for why they sink. It has already been said that they can't move. The air in your lungs is usually enough to keep you buoyant, yet without a flotation device, a fruit user will sink immediately regardless of apparently body fat or air in the lungs. I suppose it is just assumed that the devil fruits just have a side effect of causing people to sink while somehow not changing the user's density or weight.

In short; don't think about it.
Back to top Go down
Amey

Amey

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:47 am

Irrational makes a good point. It would seem that as long as the user can hold the item and it's not too heavy on it's own that it would work just fine under water...
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 10:03 am

Paramecia powers do not stop working if the body structure has been altered, however Mr.3 for example would not be able to use his powers.

The unable to move in water is a toss up on opinion at the moment. Luffy can clearly be seen to be struggling to stay on the surface numerous times throughout the series, however this could just be because his arms had not yet submerged and allowed him to move them.
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:39 pm

I would have to agree. Both logia and zoan type fruits require the user to do something in order to use their power, rather than it being with them at all times. Unless theor abilities can be activated by someone else in some fashion, they wouldn't work simply because the user can't do anything while submerged.
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 4:50 pm

Which is why we don't get logia or paramecia weapons.
Although I suppose gomu gomu no mallet could work and be amusing :p
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:13 pm

well we alow them but you need some way of trigering the ability, because they would not have a mind of their own...
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:21 pm

Which means that they could not be triggered
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:36 pm

there are three schools of thought, one is that the fruit (ex paramecia) would permanently alter the weapon itself, (ex sword with the gum gum fruit becoming rubber while maintaining its sharpness) or that the fruit only be "fed" to a part of the weapon and a button or trigger which brings that part to the rest of it creating that function (ex a sword with the Kachi Kachi no mi with a trigger that brings the fruit piece to the inside of the bade to heat it) or the fruit being switched "on" to intensify the weapon's function (ex the mera mera no mi inside of part of a gun that when pressed down covers the bullets in fire increasing their destructive power as they move through the chamber) dose that help?
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:43 pm

there are not any schools of thought, there are the opinions you just wrote.

Logia if they did function would just turn the weapon into that element. If you got an ice gun it may still function normally but if you reloaded it the bullets would be normal or just ice if they somehow perpetually changed. Good luck holding it too.

Zoan give the weapons consciousness. Paramecia if they physically alter the make up of something would I believe have the same effect, though that is only my opinion. Ones that need to be activated would not function
Mr 3, Buggy etc do not have buttons...
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:45 pm

those things I listed have all been approved..... if you don't like it Im afraid you will have to deal with it
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:48 pm

I'm talking about in the actual OP world.

Here I don't really care about. I was just cleaning out my favourites, thought I'd come see if things had improved.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:49 pm

^^^ further more people have self awareness and can mentally trigger their abilities, if the fruit allows for that, objects need mechanisms to serve the same function as a mind in terms of activating the ability, that is and has always been policy here
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:51 pm

Yes, but as stated I was talking about the OP world.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:54 pm

I don't see how that is so far off, if Funkfreed lost it's guard and was fitted with a new one it would not lose its ability, in this way objects with fruits have a sort of "give" to them that humans would not have and can incorporate more than one component with out being one solid piece
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:56 pm

If Funkfreed lost it's guard can only be speculated on as that has not happened.
My guess is that the ears would disappear in animal form as I believe that was what it correlated to.
Fixing it may indeed restore it, but as I've said it's speculation and an area I'm not currently inclined to dwell upon at the moment.

Last edited by AsyD on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:58 pm

in that case Ill ask my own question, is Mr. 2's gun is just a gun with a dog zoan type then why dose it shoot explosive baseballs?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about devil fruits in weapons   Question about devil fruits in weapons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about devil fruits in weapons
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next