One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Have you heard of these manga?

Go down 
+3
Layman Iconoclast
Redmerv
Thatoneguy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

Have you heard of these manga? Empty
PostSubject: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:00 am

I want to know if you have heard of these manga/anime

Soul Eater

Zombie Powder

Black Cat

Katekyoushi hittoman Reborn!

Rurouni Kenshin

and

Buso Renkin.
Back to top Go down
Redmerv
Admin
Redmerv

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:02 am

i watched Buso Renkin.
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:02 am

I read volumes 1 and 7. Don't ask.
Back to top Go down
Redmerv
Admin
Redmerv

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:09 am

is Rurouni Kenshin good
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:10 am

It's good, but exaggerated. Like jumping above a house stle exxagerated, not like reversing the earth's rotation to travel back in time exxagerated.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 1:37 pm

Soul Eater

Zombie Powder

Katekyoushi hittoman Reborn!
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Redmerv
Admin
Redmerv

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 1:53 pm

i think u like fate/stay nigth
Back to top Go down
Orphan_Smasher

Orphan_Smasher

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 2:44 pm

Soul Eater - good ongoing, however the updates are infewuent
Zombie Powder - was canceled halfway through, good 27 chapters, but if you really wanted to see what happens in the end, prepare to be dissapointed
Katekyoushi hittoman Reborn! - honestly couldnt stand more than the first few chapters, i got further with prince of tennis then this... though admin-sama seems to love it
Rurouni Kenshin - sort of a stereotypical type thing, the SAME thing every episode, he smacks the enemy with the back of the blade owns them, then gets yelled at by the female character.

if... AND THIS IS A BIG IF! you are into serious manga, and you arent afraid of illustrated boobies/ **** and gore, i suggest you read the following, as they are some of the best manga ive read in a long time.

ZETMAN = not for people under the age of 16 or with strong moral beliefs.
AKUMETSU = Heavy gore, political in issue
AI KORA = Cutesy romantic comedy, but there is some boobies. Hilarious though
WANTED! - Oda Eiichiro Tanpenshu = a compilation of 1 shot manga that are 1 chapter long, all created by the maker of one piece (theres even a version of romance dawn - one piece before it was one piece)
ISLAND = heart warming little piece
666 SATAN = shounen goodness, i think i read 1 cussword out of 77 chapters

ZETMAN is about the worst of those, in terms of R-rated material. Akumetsu is only gore and it has a good storyline (i think) but every one of the mangas ive listed are amazing from my point of view, and were extremely fun to read.
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 6:14 pm

ive seen black cat, parts of soul eater, and half of buso renkin
black cat was ok, i didnt like the characters a whole lot because their personalities kept changing, but it was pretty cool

sould eater is good from what ive seen but very weird, and my friend says it only gets wierder

Buso Renkin was like bleach but moves a bit faster
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 6:44 pm

Soul eater is weird but good. I liked black cat, but only because there was no training arcs. I like Reborn, and while it may be annoying early on it gets good, and watching the anime is not the best way to judge something, like ruroken has less of that stupid repetetive getting whacked in the manga,
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 6:58 pm

well i actually like training arcs lol
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 6:59 pm

Most of them are fine, but some are over done and Drama Filled.
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:10 pm

whats wrong with Drama filled? would you rather have them be bland? and fights are even MORE drama filled
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:18 pm

Drama filled bad, bland bad. The idea isn't to be wangsty, just pressured. Unlike stories where they can almost die and not whine like a wet dog that's been tazered, some fill the idea that being able to lift 10 more lbs should be a drama filled donut with angst sprinkles.
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:29 pm

o i thought u meant drama filled like they got some inspiration to train (think hajkime no ippo if you've seen it) and even that small inspiration made them train 10 times harder.
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:31 pm

No, I meant like dropping, WHY THE @#$! CAN'T I GET STRONGER??!! I TRY SO HARD!!! drama
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:32 pm

o, what animes have that?
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:35 pm

I can't name them, but I've seen those scenes before. They make me want to punch something. Hard.
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:36 pm

Naruto has that kind of stuff. ALOT.
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:38 pm

I thought so. Speaking of Naruto... CAN I PUNCH AN EMO??
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:49 pm

Sure. Here he is.
Have you heard of these manga? Images13
He deserves it.
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Orphan_Smasher

Orphan_Smasher

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:00 pm

OMG FWINK! YOUVE SEEN HAJIME NO IPPO!!! *GLEEE* ive been looking for so long for someone else whos read or watched the manga or anime... so goood
Back to top Go down
InoueGen

InoueGen

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 11:52 pm

Rurouni Kenshin (All Very good further in.)
Buso Renkin (First few chapters. I'm in to so many manga, I just forget to continue. It's good though. Made by the same guy who made rurouni Kenshin)
Zombie Powder (Heard of it. Made by Tite Kubo, the person who writes Bleach)
Black Cat (Have been meaning to look into it. Haven't had a chance though.)
reborn! (read part of the first chapter. Wierd. Got busy. Haven't tried to read it again, though I plan too.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you heard of these manga?   Have you heard of these manga? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have you heard of these manga?
Page 1 of 1