One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed]

Go down 
+4
TheBlackLuffy
Shadow
GoreFish
keymaster
8 posters
AuthorMessage
keymaster

keymaster

One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed] Empty
PostSubject: One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed]   One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 6:45 pm

It's here, it's time, it's all happening again! That's right, it's the annual fanfiction contest! ^w^ Hosted by yours truly, Keymaster~
To all those new ones here, this is how it works:
Write a fanfiction, it can be with your rp characters (like [your char] punching out [canon character], etc), or just purely canon characters. Also, it's not limited to One Piece, it can be with any ol' series, and crossovers are welcome as well.
Rules:
-Specify Which Anime, Manga, Game, Movie, etc this is a fanfiction of. (twilight fanfiction I personally would accept)
-Specify OC's
-You can get as graphic as you want if you don't want it publicly read, but keep it around the same level of graphicness as this site if it's going to be viewed by everyone.
-It can be prose(single scene) or a bit longer but multiple chapters aren't required.
-Send the fanfics in a pm to me, Keymaster (since I'm the official Contest Mod) so I can judge.
-If you don't want to enter but want to be a part, you can sign up to be a judge alongside me.
-If you are going to take part, please leave a post on this thread
-Have fun! That's the best part about this one.
Let's not forget the PRIZES! The second best part.
The prizes are as follows:
[extra] Char slot
[extra] Crew slot
Fruit Token [lets you have one more df user than the usual limit]
Don't let the prizes influence you, though. The main point is to have fun and develop your skills as a writer.

Deadline: The End of March [March 31st, 2011, 11 o'clock pm CENTRAL UNITED STATES TIME]

Last edited by keymaster on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed]   One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 2:36 am

Oooh. Might take part if inspiration strikes me.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed]   One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:20 am

If I find free time, I will also take part .. I will let you know soon.
*stares at the DF token* .. >.>
Back to top Go down
http://santoryu-phoenix.tumblr.com
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed]   One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:48 am

I would like to take part in this..guess I'll join ^_^ yo
Back to top Go down
Redmerv
Admin
Redmerv

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed]   One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:48 am

hey key just an opinion, that we let the winner choose one of the 3 prizes, the player who ends seccond choose from what is left and let the third player get the last, since there can be people who are more interested in a df slot then a character slot but a fun idea it is
Back to top Go down
Frog Dragon

Frog Dragon

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed]   One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:41 pm

I have a question. What counts as a fanfiction for these purposes? Could I take a world instead of a series and write there? If I use a game/movie or something like that, how much does the story have to relate to the general storyline of the series I am making a fanfiction of? I was inspired by my geography teachers ramblings, but I'm not sure if it fulfills the terms of this contest.
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed]   One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:49 pm

redmerv wrote:
hey key just an opinion, that we let the winner choose one of the 3 prizes, the player who ends seccond choose from what is left and let the third player get the last, since there can be people who are more interested in a df slot then a character slot but a fun idea it is
That actually sounds better.

Frog Dragon wrote:
I have a question. What counts as a fanfiction for these purposes? Could I take a world instead of a series and write there? If I use a game/movie or something like that, how much does the story have to relate to the general storyline of the series I am making a fanfiction of? I was inspired by my geography teachers ramblings, but I'm not sure if it fulfills the terms of this contest.
Well....usually it's some kind of media...I'll accept anything (cuz I'm too nice) but related to a series (based on or using characters from) would be ideal.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed]   One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:31 pm

A challenger appears!

I'd like to play my "The World Ends With You" card, if you don't mind. Returning characters: Shibuya. Yes, I count the city as a character.
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed]   One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:32 pm

Can't wait to read it! owo
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed]   One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 5:30 pm

Well, it was difficult to decide the placements but....
This contest is over, the winners (in this order) are:
Gael
Gorefish
Newspeak
(btw they were the only ones that pm'd their entries....)

This concludes the contest, see 'ya'll next year!
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed]   One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 8:19 pm

Oh god, how did I win? I might yoink the Devil Fruit slot, though. It seems to be my favorite kind of slot.
Back to top Go down
Newspeak

Newspeak

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed]   One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 1:10 am

And another clutch bronze medal for the trophy wall!

Good work Gael, Gore! I'll try you folks again in a year.
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/One_Piece_RP/index/
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed]   One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 7:55 am

What? But how?! How did I even qualify? I thought I was kind of... disqualified...
But I'm not complaining. Let's see.... Crew or char.... Oooh, that's so hard! I'll go with... Char! Extra char slot.

My, that was a surprise... and shock....
Congratulations to Gael! And Newspeak, of course!
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed]   One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Congrats to you guys too!
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed]   One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:26 pm

To those who are confused, I didn't require multiple chapters....but I do like all your effort, it was a great year! ^w^ I hope there's even more entries next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed]   One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Piece: Race to the Grandline 2nd Annual Fanfiction Contest! [closed]
Page 1 of 1