One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Race to the new world??? O:

Go down 
+3
TheBlackLuffy
Maxulus
Layman Iconoclast
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Race to the new world??? O: Empty
PostSubject: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:26 am

so Ive noticed this for a long time now, we have race in our name, we have tons of crews in ships and vast oceans and islands to travel between but we have yet to have any actual racing of any sort.

What Im proposing is a pirate rules race, ala dead end adventure from pre-decded points A and B possibly with stops along the way in which crews are heavily encouraged to build and use custom ships designed for speed, taking down other ships with sneaky gadgets, heavy weapons and of course boarding the ships is aloud. Everyones been making ships lately, lets give these ships a reason to exist.

as for the staring and ending points Im open to ideas but this idea is one Ive been toying with for some time, it would probably be a pirate event but Im sure the WG would be watching, a winning crew would definitly gain favor for positions opening in the future and of course treasure and fame and all that good piracy swag is in order.

really Im just asking to brainstorm in here, I think this would give a lot of crews a good way to interact and Id be really intrested to see what devious racing ships you guys can come up with
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:28 am

Can Marine crews take part in this thread while undercover to arrest pirates?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:31 am

Maxulus wrote:
Can Marine crews take part in this thread while undercover to arrest pirates?
yeah that would be something worth noting, also it would prove a good testing ground for an experimental capture based marine curser
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:31 am

I like the Idea...

Maybe we should put like routes..Like you know how the Super Novas took certain routes? We can list set Islands you MUST visit and make your mark on to show you've been there. Once you have..you head to the final Island and claim the prize.

While at the same time taking out competition. I guess the winners could be awarded different things like Character Slots or something..It would make RPing more productive as well..but that's just an idea..
Back to top Go down
y dau cymraeg

y dau cymraeg

Location : a top secret location which even I dont know where it is

I like this Idea! I'm all for it, perhaps it can be a thread type of it's own?
It would one intresting competion, perhaps a with a few criminals that aren't pirates and a bounty hunter or two throw into the fray. This could be epic.
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:33 am

Well, if we are going to have an adventure like that, I am up for it with the Justice Gamblers! Very Happy Karma Tenma will be glad to take part in a race like that and arrest as many pirates as possible in the end.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:35 am

Mainly Im thinking of adding a ship section to the regular section with 5 ship slots, the winner would get an additional ship slot Im thinking
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:36 am

Sounds epic, a One Piece version of Wacky Races! If the race takes place in the grand Line, I suggest the starting and ending points would be places that represent the entrance and exit from the Grand Line, Like Reverse Mountain and Fishman Island or something like. Predetermined routes can be made, each with a respective amount of stops. The routes with less stops will be naturally faster, but maybe more dangerous to make up for that? Just throwing some ideas around.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:39 am

Im thinking the races between each check point will have posters of whos in the lead, and what the next race has in it, round one is a free for all, round two might have mines in it, round three might have a couple seakings, ect, just to shake stuff up
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:50 am

well, there are many possible ideas for the various rounds... There could be a sea labyrinth for example :O
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:56 am

I like the idea as a whole, however I'm not a fan of the idea of having slots for a ship. That kind of screws the bigger crews that need more than one ship. Now a ship section is a great idea, but I think it would be best to keep it like the current weapon section, with no limits to the number you can have.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Maxulus wrote:
well, there are many possible ideas for the various rounds... There could be a sea labyrinth for example :O
Yeah, I want to have maybe 10 rounds, each designed to test the combat potential, durability, maneuverability, speed, gadgets, types and espechaly the crews of the ships in unique and intresting ways, Im open to any and all ideas, I may bring the race to reverse mountain also

Cobdogred wrote:
I like the idea as a whole, however I'm not a fan of the idea of having slots for a ship. That kind of screws the bigger crews that need more than one ship. Now a ship section is a great idea, but I think it would be best to keep it like the current weapon section, with no limits to the number you can have.
this only applies to custom ships with powerful features, just regular old pirate ships of all sizes can be used just fine, but we can hammer out details later like, your division captains can use their custom ship slots for your crew, ect?
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:48 pm

Ah, okay then. That sounds pretty cool then!
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 3:52 pm

open for ideas and sugestions really, we need locations and a set of rules, also if your crew wants in or not
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Well, here's a way I think it could work:

We prepare several threads, one for each stage of the race. Each crew will post in the thread that fits its placement along the race's track while it's in it, and will continue to the next thread once its out of that thread. Each stage of the race can have various obstacles and battles between rivaling crews may occur in it. Whoever gets to the last thread and out of it first wins, and everyone starts on the first thread at the same time.

In order to get out of a thread, a crew must complete three things:
1) Pass that thread's obstacles, since you can't continue the track without it
2) Survive any battle that might occur with other crews on that thread, since you can't continue without finishing your battles
3) Reach a certain number of posts, since going through a part of the track takes time

The number of posts that is required in order to finish a thread will be determined by the type of ship the crew sails on, a fast one will need less posts and vise versa. Naturally, bulkier ships will survive obstacles and battles easier and pass them faster, while smaller ships will take longer. If you take both of these clauses in account, a smaller-faster ship and a bulkier-slower ship will pretty much have to go through the same amount of posts to get through a stage, making the race pretty even.

When a crew switches a thread, it'll stop posting in the old thread and let whoever's still in there continue, and start posting in the new thread, joining whoever's in there.

I think this ways will make it easier to follow the race, since it'll be very clear who's leading. It'll also keep the race in a given amount of threads, preventing it from completely taking over the entire RP section. I'm still missing a way to prevent spam from working in the crew's favor though.
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 4:45 pm

Basically it's like the race in the davy back fight, only on a much larger scale. It's a good idea, however before I can commit, I would like to see the completed details.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 6:16 pm

well, davy backs wager crew members, this probably wouldn't do that.

I was thinking along the same thing as sleepy, mainly Im just intrested to come up with a concept for each round and the rules regarding ships, I want ships to take damage unlike weapons or player characters but I dont want them to be able to be auto sunk...

Last edited by Admin-sama on Sat May 05, 2012 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rodoku
Admin
Rodoku

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 6:17 pm

I think that this is a pretty great idea =D
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:04 am

How about this? At the end of each thread, before a crew switches to a different thread, there will be a damage check on their ship. The more damage their ship took, the more posts they'll have to make before switching threads, since damage will effectively make the ship slower, until it's repaired by the shipwright. That way, instead of wasting the last posts of each thread on spam, the crew could spend them on fixing the ship up. The quicker the crew gets out of obstacles and battles, the more time they'll have for repairs. The biggest problem I can see with my whole plan is that it provides a huge advantage to frequent posters, cause they're bound to reach the finish line first.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:40 am

Im kinda stumped, honestly, I was hoping everyone here could sort of flesh out the details here
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:42 am

well, Sleepy has pretty much covered me with his idea, although I also can't think of a way to fix the problem he mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:28 am

Also, I can see that larger crews would have an major advantage, as they would get three, four, maybe more posts for every one of a smaller crew.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 3:42 pm

each crew only gets to enter one ship...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race to the new world??? O:   Race to the new world??? O: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Race to the new world??? O:
Page 1 of 1