One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who is going to kill Black Beard?

Go down 
+10
Wrath
Maxulus
klemenator
Layman Iconoclast
TomAbz
AnimeFanBoy
Shadow
nikz200
InTents
TheBlackLuffy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wrath

Wrath

Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:18 pm

TheBlackLuffy wrote:
Also, the way Luffy was when Akainu was on him he not only stood no chance even if he was mentally stable. Luffy can't touch Logia users. Let alone one that can become Magma. Luffy is strong, but we can't make him stronger then he really is.

Actually, Luffy has the potential to defeat any logia user in the state he is in now. Remember, Luffy had been training to master Haki for the past two years. He has already demonstrated his Haoshoku Haki many times before and he has recently successfully used Busoshoku Haki in the manga. Busoshoku Haki is the type that allows people to hurt paramecia and Logia type DF users. It is not yet known whether or not he has it mastered to the state that it can hurt DF users but nonetheless, Luffy has acquired the means to do so.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 11:42 pm

you guys are forgetting that no major villain that was the captain of a crew the straw hats went up against in the entire history of the anime has ever died, also the world noble at shabondy luffy punched out did not die, he was plainly seen later on in the ark

anyway my take on this is that blackbeard and luffy wont meet again till kind of deep in to the new world, and as many old oponents of luffy (such as crocodile) are returning or indeed have already returned to the new world we may be looking at some tottaly new match ups
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:00 pm

Wrath wrote:
TheBlackLuffy wrote:
Also, the way Luffy was when Akainu was on him he not only stood no chance even if he was mentally stable. Luffy can't touch Logia users. Let alone one that can become Magma. Luffy is strong, but we can't make him stronger then he really is.

Actually, Luffy has the potential to defeat any logia user in the state he is in now. Remember, Luffy had been training to master Haki for the past two years. He has already demonstrated his Haoshoku Haki many times before and he has recently successfully used Busoshoku Haki in the manga. Busoshoku Haki is the type that allows people to hurt paramecia and Logia type DF users. It is not yet known whether or not he has it mastered to the state that it can hurt DF users but nonetheless, Luffy has acquired the means to do so.

Not only that. Luffy may be much stronger physically, but he's still up against a Navy Admiral. Their no push over. If they can fight and hold their own against Whitebeard, I'm pretty sure Luffy would have a hard time against them. Even with the time Skip.
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 4:16 am

Remember, all the Admirals know how to use Haki... So...
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:19 pm

Maxulus wrote:
Remember, all the Admirals know how to use Haki... So...

Exactly. Plus If they Freeze, Shoot, or Melt Luffy. Its really over.
Back to top Go down
Prospo22

Prospo22

PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 2:09 pm

Luffy wants to be the pirate king, Blackbeard wants to be the pirate king.

Luffy is the hero of the story while BB is meant to be his villanous equivalent.

Luffy has been slowly making a name for himself throughout the story developing new moves, skills, and building his resume up and they have been slowly doing that exact same thing with BB. When you think about the things BB has done even before he was a captain its a pretty respectable rapsheet;

-Scarring a yonko

-Taking down Warpol's country

-Breaking in and out of Impel Down

-Taking part in the War of the best

-Being the man who offically killed Whitebeard

-The first and only person capable of claiming two devil fruits in one body

-Beating Ace, who was not only a logia, not only a member of Whitebeard's crew but also a high ranking commander whose name was famous and feared

-Bearing the Will of D.

-Becoming a schibukai

-Easily beating one of the supernovas

-Being a former member of Whitebeard's crew

-Killing one of Whitebeard's commanders in Thatch

- I know I said having two devil fruits already but the abilities of those two devil fruits are both strong enough to make a single person a legend and he has two on that level one being a logia and the other being considered the strongest parmecia in the world

B got Ace killed-who was Luffy's brother, and Shanks is weary of him-while the promise between Shanks and Luffy is that he won't be able to see him until he has made a name for himself-which to me he had done already when Shanks said he couldn't see him. Which has to mean once he has a title or has beaten someone with a really real title such as an admiral or yonko-like Shanks. The WG has already made it known that BB was the closest in running to becoming the next yonko.

Both being opposing affiliations of good and evil while both bearing the Will of D. kind of foreshadows their epic fight at the end of the story. I expect them to fight many times but at the end after Luffy has lost over and over he will finally beat him in the end but not before Blackbeard whups that @$$ more than anyone else has. Luffy has a long way to go before he can actually challenge Blackbeard on equal footing because Ace lost to him back before he inherited WB's dev fruit, and Ace was always stronger than Luffy. Luffy's haki abilities will make him a better match but he still isn't on par with BB. I compare their rivalry to Ruto and Sasuke because Sasuke is a straight horror out of a nightmare and Ruto has the potential to beat him but he has to really train harder for what comes naturally to Sasuke.

I'm looking forward to their final meeting but I want to see what new stuff Luffy learns that will make it possible to beat him. First things first, I'm waiting on that rematch with Akainu.
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 4:48 pm

Black Beard fought old Shanks..He may have been weaker then.

Ace was at a disadvantage. Black Beard knew his power...Ace didn't..Plus its a huge Marie sue power at that. So basically he has no power..if Black Beard can absorb all blows and damage using his Fruit. Ace is useless unless he can out speed him physically...and even then. If he grabs you, your screwed.

And Technically. Black Beard didn't kill WhiteBeard. His entire crew of strong pirates did. He just commanded them..To top that. Edward had already taken much damage. AND was sick before the battle..People seem to always forget, Whitebeard was taking a lot of damage through that battle, plus adding his illness.
Back to top Go down
Prospo22

Prospo22

PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 8:26 pm

I see where you were going with that but that can go both ways.

Just as Shanks was younger and possibly weaker back then the same can be said about BB. I don't even think he had his devil fruit ability the first time he fought Shanks saying he was a force to be reckoned with even back then. Then take into account that Mihawk use to go to Shanks for duels because he was so strong, but once he lost his arm saving Luffy he stopped going to him for these duels saying even if it hadn't truly weakened him he was considered a little weaker-but Blackbeard fought him before he lost his arm highlighting the fact that he fought him when he was on par with Mihawk-the world's strongest swordsmen in the world. And he was still working under Ace then without his devil fruit abilities or even his own crew as of yet.

Even if you don't credit him for that you have to remember that Shanks clashed with Whitebeard himself and both came out unscathed but Blackbeard fought a Shanks in his prime and left him with three scars on his face. Those are two yonkos whose very name makes people faint and turn the other way and BB was considered a nobody until he beat Ace, which is recent not even counting any of his past. Shanks knows BB ain't no pushover thats why hes so weary of him, just like he knows Luffys on the way to being great in the opposite light.

I think if Shanks wanted to beat him he should have fought him on Marineford when Blackbeard was clearly outnumbered and had just gotten WB's devil fruit and the admirals were all over the place but next time they meet he'll have gotten a better mastery over it and will have gotten stronger than he already is.

On the other note, you're deff right, there were alot of different factors that went into WB's fall; his illness, his age, the three admirals played a huge part, Squardo's betrayal, even the stress and strain of everything physically and emotionally going on with Ace and Little Oars Jr, not to mention the marines attempting to make all of his people believe he'd sold them out. You have a good point in saying technically he didn't kill him but symbolically he did. That moment will always be remembered as the moment when the two beards clashed and Blackbeard and the Blackbeard pirates finished him off.

Was it all Blackbeard? No, but he and his crew-the Blackbeard Pirates- dealt the final blow and took his devil fruit in front of everybody-something no one was able to stop or do anything about. Which makes all those talking about it around the world believe Blackbeard came and killed a legend. Its all symbolism, what he stood for the same with Roger. Roger was sick too, dying from an incurable disease but turning himself in the world saw him killed by the marines and the World Government. It all comes back to what the world saw and nothing else.

Whitebeard was one helluva man and even at his age with his sickness he was still clashing with the admirals-the WG's strongest answer to any threat on the sea by himself. He even nearly killed Akainu-lucky bum should have fell in the water. Blackbeard didn't beat him alone but he and his crew were the final straws that broke the camels back. It was cowardly as hell what they did but all the same that moment will be remembered in OP history as the turning point in the New Era. Whitebeard fell and Blackbeard rose up stronger than when he'd gotten there.
Back to top Go down
Prospo22

Prospo22

PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 8:45 pm

Oh yeah, and Ace may not have known about his ability but Blackbeard explained it as they fought. Ace isn't any old weakling either, son of Roger, inheriter of the Will of the D. just like Marshall. Both were built to last Blackbeard's fruit was just better. Remember he waited years for that df, because he knew how nasty it was. You wouldn't betray your people for any old dev fruit. He knew what that fruit would allow him to do and he wouldn't have crossed Whitebeard if he didn't think it was worth it. Its a shame Ace had to get caught in the process but each dev fruit is diff and each fruit has a weakness to another-never knowing what is stronger than it until they clash.

Example being Ace was a fire logia and Akainu was a magma logia but Akainu merked him easy. When he clashed with Aokji they were even, its all up to chance sometimes eventhough Akainu looks older and experienced. That may have played a part in it too.

Also remember Blackbeard wasn't no young buck like Ace. He was like 38-39 when they clashed. Ace was maybe 20 tops, Blackbeard is a calculating and patient man. Hes proved that numerous times-waiting for the dev fruit, taking Ace down to become a schibukai just so he could get access to Impel Down. BB did have the upperhand but Ace was a fighting genius just like Luffy he was just destined to lose. They fought one-on-one fair and square. Ace had his intangible ability while Blackbeard could still be hit and even took more damage because of his fruit but its designed to combat other devil fruit users. Ace couldn't even fight at a distance because BB's power allows him to draw him in-game over.
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:01 am

Try not to double post...Anyway I doubt we'll be seeing this happen anytime soon. That's if he's killed at all. Sure Luffy doesn't tend to kill his foes, but I think Black Beard would be the exception.
Back to top Go down
Prospo22

Prospo22

PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:31 am

My bad had forgot to touch on the Ace point in the one before it...

But yeah, its only the halfway point in the story, Blackbeard if he dies won't die until the end because hes the main villian. He's the unstoppable force to Luffy's Immovable object.

I just hope we get to see Dragon do some fighting soon, maybe they'll square off some time in the New World.
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 1:31 pm

*_* Dragon!!! I would also like to see a little more on his as well. Like a confirmation on his powers.
Back to top Go down
Prospo22

Prospo22

PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 10:52 pm

I think we can all agree on that. We've already seen how strong Ace was Garp was even merking Marco-and wanted to kill Akainu. I got the feeling that he may have actually been able to, I mean I'm sure Sengoku was holding him down so that he wouldn't get in trouble but these D characters seem to be monsters in small bodies. I wanna see what Luffy's pops can do. If you got a guy like Kuma working for you, I mean Luffy got Zoro so they're use to having beast working for them but the head honcho always is even nastier.

I think his dev fruit either deals with a dragon, electricity or lightening (I know Enel had that but when Luffy was bout to get his head chopped off a lightening bolt broke the guil. Could have been coincidence maybe one of his weapons, who knows). It could be water because I think it was raining when all that was happening. He must have haki-because he was able to actually hold Smoker without him getting away. So many possibilities they need to hurry up and let him fight. Maybe he should fight Kong so we can see why he was over Garp and Sengoku.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:20 am

ace is going to come back from the dead and kill him enuff said
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:31 am

havoc09 wrote:
ace is going to come back from the dead and kill him enuff said

thread necromancy... again
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:12 am

its not thread necromancy its a legitimate thought.....for example brooke already came back from the dead, so lets say aces devil fruit diddnt fully activate till he died, a hells fire maby or something along those lines....kinda unoriginal but none the less entertaining. and who better to kill him than one of whitebeards sons?
Back to top Go down
kinG_Card

kinG_Card

PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:37 pm

I think fate will take care of Blackbeard...
In my dreams, in the end will be like The Highlander! "There can be only one!" Laughing

One "D" i mean.

There will be an epic battle between all the "D" characters (Garp, Ruffy, Dragon, Teech,...) and one will stand and claim the One Piece! cheers
Back to top Go down
Steady

Steady

PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 5:45 pm

That mime guy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:12 pm

Well due to Black Beards power i would say a person without devil fruit power is going to kill him. And if someone from the Strawhats have to kill him I would say Zoro or Sanji. Only problem with that is that Black Beard is a boss character and Luffy always takes on bosses. So maybe Oda will either screw up or make some sort of twist that We/I haven't though of yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is going to kill Black Beard?   Who is going to kill Black Beard? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who is going to kill Black Beard?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2