One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Go down 
+7
Orphan_Smasher
Mimiu
Layman Iconoclast
keymaster
Thatoneguy
Amey
Iggy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Saint Patty's Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:43 pm

I don't like it when people attack religion either, espicially if the whole point is just to prove someone wrong...
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patricks Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:45 pm

Zetsumi the Raven did that to just be better than me...
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Re: Happy Saint Patty's Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:52 pm

Zetsumi the Raven also seemed like the kind've person who could be a serial killer.
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patricks Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:56 pm

Allister Blizt wrote:
Irrational wrote:
About the shroud, that was carbon dated. It's a fraud.
I know this argument is pointless but I want to throw out one thing about carbon dating, it doesn't always work. Some freshly killed oysters were carbon dated and it said they had died millions of years ago... not that this is a winning battle or anything.

That probably resulted from contaminated results. When items are subjected to experimentation, they usually have several samples tested. Also, I don't know why fresh oysters would be tested. Carbon dating does not work on organic tissue.
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patricks Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:57 pm

Yes, but gossiping isn't cool.
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Re: Happy Saint Patty's Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:58 pm

Also, carbon-dating has been used recently because of it's inaccurateness. And why would someone test on organic tissue if it didn't work?
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patricks Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:59 pm

And I dug a little further, and it seems that the error in the carbon dating resulted from the carbon isotope that is tested for specimens found in the ocean, not terrestrial.
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patricks Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:01 pm

Allister Blizt wrote:
Also, carbon-dating has been used recently because of it's inaccurateness. And why would someone test on organic tissue if it didn't work?

Because carbon dating is used to measure time in great quantities of years. Organic tissue lasts less than one under natural circumstances. It's like trying to use a meter stick to accurately measure a micrometer. You can only get so close. And on that scale, it's not very close.
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Re: Happy Saint Patty's Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:05 pm

I have met college people who work on science and they admit carbon dating doesn't work all the time, even for long periods of time.
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patricks Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:10 pm

That's the beauty of science. When it's wrong, they try, try, and try again to get it right.

Also, even if the shroud is real, who's to say it's Jesus? Crucifixion was one of the most popular ways to enforce the death penalty in that supposed time period. Even if Jesus was real, (questionable. No first hand accounts of anyone having known Jesus.) he could have been mortal.

Fun fact: At least 2 other religions predating Christianity have individuals with nearly the exact same life story as Jesus. Go figure.

I'm not going to push this any further.
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Re: Happy Saint Patty's Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:13 pm

There is no question Jesus was a regular dude. The reason why he could do what he could do was because he believed he could. God shined on him on earth, and so he was able to perform miracles in faith. Also, the existance of Jesus isn't in question by most scientists, they admit he existed.

Fun fact #2, the reason why is because of the fact the story of Jesus was spread across the world it became different with the changes in culture.
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patricks Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:14 pm

Allister Blizt wrote:
There is no question Jesus was a regular dude. The reason why he could do what he could do was because he believed he could. God shined on him on earth, and so he was able to perform miracles in faith. Also, the existance of Jesus isn't in question by most scientists, they admit he existed.

Fun fact #2, the reason why is because of the fact the story of Jesus was spread across the world it became different with the changes in culture.

Ok. After this I am surely done.

1. I said the other stories predated that of Jesus.
2. The different religions had different Gods, some even polygamous.
3. By your logic, dragons existed because visages of them existed in EVEN MORE cultures throughout history before trade was established.
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Re: Happy Saint Patty's Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:18 pm

Also, the predating thing (I didn't see predating) can be simply answered by the fact that there were people blessed with the ability to see the future, and if you can tell what is going to happen, you will tell thus spreading the story. The different gods could simply be the belief of one god in many forms ( a common element in religions) or just a change in culture. Also, the dragon thing is different, you wouldn't know without being religous though.
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patricks Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:19 pm

Yup. You are no longer using arguable logic. That was as far as I could go.
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patricks Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:22 pm

Allister, you are taking this way to seriously, and you are arguing like a religious fanatic. I'm, not saying its bad, but religious people have a different set of facts than nonbelievers. So really arguing is impossible. So you should drop it, Irrational has made good points, just admit it and move on.
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patricks Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:29 pm

Arguing is fun. Probably closer to an addiction. You know that feeling you get when someone states their position and you feel like you just have to say something?
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Re: Happy Saint Patty's Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:35 pm

I know this is beating a dead horse but if Jesus can do what he can do then why does there need to be a science in it?
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patricks Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:41 pm

Because some of us can not believe in something that lacks an explanation (magic)
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patricks Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:43 pm

Im locking this thread
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Re: Happy Saint Patty's Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:43 pm

How do you it really lacks an explanation but has an explanation that we as humans cannot understand?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy St. Patricks Day!   Happy St. Patricks Day! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy St. Patricks Day!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3