One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Amey

Amey

Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Empty
PostSubject: Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think...   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:56 pm

Ok, to get this out of Rabid's fruit thread...

Now...Allister, you said that when you looked up Typhon, it said that he fathered Medusa, and didn't mention Hydra...however, it states clearly on Hydra's page "The serpent-woman Echinda and the hundred headed Typhon are Hydra’s parents." and on Medusa's page it states "She was born of Phorcys and Ceto or in some cases, Typhon and Echidna" which seems sort of odd... And I can't seem to find a page for Typhon himself. In the two pages that Storm linked, it states on both that Hydra is an offspring of Typhon. I'm not quite sure what to believe anymore... x.x

Last edited by Amey on Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Empty
PostSubject: Norse Stuffs   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:58 pm

This isn't norse at all.

In fact we may be differing because of which source we are using. One may be based on Greek mythology, and one may be based on Roman mythology.

Norse doesn't involve Heracles, the most loved child of the king of gods was Boedr
Back to top Go down
Zeldaman

Zeldaman

PostSubject: Re: Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think...   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:59 pm

believe StormCrow, I know he is correct
Back to top Go down
http://kingdomeverythingrp.ace.st/forum.htm
Stormcrow

Stormcrow

PostSubject: Re: Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think...   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:59 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhon

and I thnk she means generally mythology dude

Last edited by Stormcrow on Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amey

Amey

Ah-ha! That right there might be the problem, Allister! We're looking at completely different myths.

That...would make a huge difference. XP

Edit: Uh, Storm... "This article is about Typhon in Greek mythology"
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Norse Stuffs   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:00 am

Were you listening? It is nigh impossible to know for sure the original stories because this was a really old religion from a different country that had a language we still don't understand 100%.
Back to top Go down
Zeldaman

Zeldaman

PostSubject: Re: Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think...   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:01 am

still believe StormCrow I do!(I think the one that StormCrow finds is greek)
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Norse Stuffs   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:01 am

Storm crow was he called Heracles or Hercules?
Back to top Go down
Zeldaman

Zeldaman

PostSubject: Re: Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think...   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:02 am

Hercules
Back to top Go down
Stormcrow

Stormcrow

PostSubject: Re: Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think...   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:02 am

The spelling

Herakles is greek

Hercules is Roman
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Norse   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:03 am

Which one did you see for the 12 trials?
(this is a majorly important question,)
Back to top Go down
Zeldaman

Zeldaman

PostSubject: Re: Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think...   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:03 am

switch them around I think

edit:yeah switch 'em around because Hercules & Zeus are Greek & Herakles & Jupiter is Roman

Last edited by zeldaman on Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amey

Amey

PostSubject: Re: Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think...   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:04 am

In my minuscule research done tonight I've seen it both ways...in some cases even "Heracles, or Hercules" ...so...I dunno.

Edit: On the page that Storm linked about Hydra: The Hydra of Lerna was killed by Heracles as one of his Twelve Labours.

Last edited by Amey on Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zeldaman

Zeldaman

PostSubject: Re: Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think...   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:05 am

I edited
& the only way I know this is because I am doing Greek & Roman mythology in school
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Norse Stuffs   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:06 am

If you saw it both ways the source is kinda flawed. Why? Because Greek and Roman are different in massive ways. It's like grabbing a bow instead of a sniper. Also Greek is Heracles originally, and Hercules is Roman originally.

THIS IS NOT NORSE!
Back to top Go down
Zeldaman

Zeldaman

PostSubject: Re: Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think...   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:07 am

no read my posts
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Norse Stuffs   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:08 am

You may have studied it in school but I did something more credible. I READ UP ON IT FOR FUN ON MULTIPLE DIFFERENT SITES AND BOOKS! (anyone who is basing there knowledge on movies get out.)
Back to top Go down
Amey

Amey

PostSubject: Re: Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think...   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:09 am

I'm basing my knowledge on what I've read tonight, which is probably (and likely) totally flawed. ^.^;;
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Norse Stuffs   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:09 am

If it's norse then it's totally flawed.
Back to top Go down
Zeldaman

Zeldaman

PostSubject: Re: Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think...   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:10 am

yeah but your websites might be MIGHT be incorrect
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Norse Stuffs   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:11 am

They may be but that is an if. If you are just basing your hole argument on an if you shouldn't argue as hard as you are.
Back to top Go down
Stormcrow

Stormcrow

PostSubject: Re: Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think...   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:11 am

But...clearly..this is a generaly mythology thread..not just a norse one....
Back to top Go down
Zeldaman

Zeldaman

PostSubject: Re: Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think...   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:12 am

I'm barely in this argument so what are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
Stormcrow

Stormcrow

PostSubject: Re: Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think...   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:14 am

Allister Blizt wrote:
You may have studied it in school but I did something more credible. I READ UP ON IT FOR FUN ON MULTIPLE DIFFERENT SITES AND BOOKS! (anyone who is basing there knowledge on movies get out.)

and that sir, is ridiculous..for fun may show a greater interest..sure..you may look more into it..but better..please..
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Norse Stuffs   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:15 am

Clearly this is unrelated to Norse stuff. We should start a discussion on Norse stuff sense it is about Norse stuff.

Can any of you tell me Odin's third son? I forgot him. I remember Boedr and Thor.

Here's some mythology about a different thing then norse. judging off a wiki page, it said Zeus swallowed someone to protect him from being surpassed after... this is the stupid part. Saving his two brothers from his father who had swallowed them and killing his father.

And you aren't barely arguing, because if you were you would have stated your opinion, stated your reason for your opinion and then stopped. Also, depending on where you use Wikipedia they have different info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think...   Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random topic about general mythology that started out as Norse...I think...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next