One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Devil fruit weapons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

Devil fruit weapons Empty
PostSubject: Devil fruit weapons   Devil fruit weapons Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 1:37 pm

We never actually set limits on what they could do and stuff like that, so I'd like to suggest a plan and encourage other ideas and comments.

Essentially, non-zoan devil-fruit weapons must have an area of effect or a trigger. The outside of something, the spike on the glove, etc etc would be area of effect. Trigger would be such as the trigger on a bullet, or when you hit something with the blunt of a blade.

Now, for the abilities. Non-zoan devil-fruit weapons will never be able to grow in power. The ability can not be used in a manner not specified. No, techniques adapted to the ability are different, but that really depends on the fruit and weapon. That is a more case-by-case problem. Only one part of the ability may be used. Logias create and control, so the weapon may only create or mimic the effects of the created substance. Paramecias become something, so either a certain part is always that thing or there is a trigger to make it transform or activate etc.

Next, I'd say that devil fruit weapons here on out would require history as to improve the quality.

Finally, I'd say that the more powerful the weapon, the more difficult to use. Adding some sort of drawback or drawbacks to make it a weakness as well as a strength.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Devil fruit weapons   Devil fruit weapons Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 2:27 pm

I'd just like to express my opinion, although it is, as I just said, my own and only own opinion, that weapons shouldn't be able to "eat" non-Zoan fruits. Mainly because if it's not a Zoan fruit, the fruit has no life to act or use the abilities bestowed.
So the logical thing, for me, would be that non-Zoan weapons should always have the ability bestowed to them active.
Back to top Go down
http://santoryu-phoenix.tumblr.com
Argent

Argent

PostSubject: Re: Devil fruit weapons   Devil fruit weapons Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:54 pm

So I am guessing nothing became of this? FYI I agree with ^ for the most part except sum paramecia abilities would also work like the paw paw and slip slip, but I cant think of any others
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

PostSubject: Re: Devil fruit weapons   Devil fruit weapons Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:00 pm

I think that admin-sama's original trigger-effect and constant-effect thing is great. I love it. If it is discontinued, however, most of the weapons can be made with a different explanation. I will say that some can't, like Anfer's cursed armor, but most of the ones that can't will be very OP unless made by someone who knows what there doing... Even an expert would have a hard time finding a way to make some of them realistic. But I say just reject ones that are OP and keep the easy explanation, as other explanations will be far more difficult.
Back to top Go down
Karasu(the crow)

Karasu(the crow)

PostSubject: Re: Devil fruit weapons   Devil fruit weapons Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:33 pm

It should also be noted that DF weapons are nowhere near as effective as the actual DF user. A sword with the mera mera no mi, if activated (somehow..) will never be able to use more then a few flame tricks, maybe a fire ball at most but never a huge one. We should discontinue approving weapons that use anything other then the main function of the DF's as well, such as a weapon with the earth fruit with the ability to tell the user vibrations from the earth, or a sound fruit that can tell the user of the weapon sounds that are nearby. Basically all the earth fruit would be able to do is lunge earth at the enemy, and the sound would MAYBE throw a shriek that can temporarily make everyone hearing it deaf.. the sound would be amplified when the weapon hits something (I guess). Of course, this is assuming we even approve DF weapons with those types of abilities at all.

Of course, thee are only ideas that I am currently making up a I am writing this, Free-style yo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devil fruit weapons   Devil fruit weapons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devil fruit weapons
Page 1 of 1