One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Few Reavmp Ideas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DeathB4dishonor

DeathB4dishonor

Few Reavmp Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Few Reavmp Ideas   Few Reavmp Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 7:04 pm

Greeting all, I'm new to the site and thus like the general idea of it but there are a few things I along with a few others would like to see done to improve the site as a whole.

Organization of the site itself so instead of having one main section we break it down it smaller sections based on oceans (east blue, west blue, grand line, Etc.) with a few sub boards under each highlighting main locations under each to give people a better sense of where they are and keeps it some what organized for example under the east blue section we have luffy's starting island or even better we have some players create islands and have the site vote on which become our site canon islands. This allows the site to give new players starting points and development points to better their characters or add to a site plots.

I think there should be a bit more restrictions on the Devil's fruits to avoid everyone making their character the shit without having to work for it along with a shorter cap for techniques seeing as many canon characters really don't have many and only got there new or stronger ones after events or losses. But even then they were just improvements on previous techniques using new knowledge or training to improve there physical or mental abilities to push past former limits allowing techniques to get stronger.

I would also like to see the site image altered so that it doesn't look so plain maybe changing the color scheme and adding a few more pictures, something to catch the eye of new players or even those just checking the site out before joining. In my opinion the site just looks to plain and gives the appearance that no one cares enough and that the site is pretty much dead.

I would suggest a rechecking of all rosters to see who is active and who is not and correct the spot openings to see what he site needs based on the openings. So from what I've gathered we are short on marines so we need to give players more incentive to become marines at least until its relatively balanced, this does not mean we stop people from being what they want to be but ask if they would be willing to meet the demand the site requires and as for rewards allow the marines to have many of the fancy gadgets like robots and slightly more modern weapons while pirates would have to fight and steal for the same types of weapons. This is just an idea seeing as there is no money system here just yet.

The site should utilize a specialization feature for those that have a crucial skill needed on any crew like doctors, navigators, gunners, etc. allowing them to contribute and to make sure crews pick up these players. So doctors would decrease injury/recovery time for crews, navigators could shorten the time it takes to get between islands, oceans etc. and gunners will increase ship weapon range or decrease the damage use a weapon would receive from usage. Things like these would be nice and add another level to game play at least for me.

Another thing that would be nice would be a travel system preventing players from being in multiple places almost instantly limiting travel between oceans to a real time day or something while going from island to island within a ocean would be far less. The crews that have navigators would require far less time seeing as they have them while crews without need to meet the time requirement of a day or half day, the staff chose the time frame but a travel system should be employed.

That's about all I got for now and im willing to go into further detail but im lazy and figured this is enough to give you the general jist of it, all feedback would be nice but if you have negative feedback at least explain why and how we can fix the issue instead of just saying its bad please and thank u.
Back to top Go down

Few Reavmp Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Few Reavmp Ideas   Few Reavmp Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 10:52 pm

Instead of posting this in public forums, message this to administrators.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Few Reavmp Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Few Reavmp Ideas   Few Reavmp Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 4:23 am

I believe this is my fault, I thought this would be a good place for it.

If you're looking for a more restricted world to RP in there's the Advanced Section, and the lack of actual activity over there shows that that's not really what the population around here is looking for.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Few Reavmp Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Few Reavmp Ideas   Few Reavmp Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 7:23 am

We have a suggesting box thread, that’s kind of where this stuff belongs,

Before I address your points, here are some issues this forum currently has, in my opinion:

-Rampant marry-sue characters and a power level arms race have made the role-play’s climate intolerable for some and annoying for others and said characters have become to engrossed in the sites alternate universe to simply be removed

-All our good ideas and most of our members got stolen by a once loyal user and ported to a rival forum some time ago, and that sapped most of our user-base and pretty much put a damper on the entire board

-Users from the aforementioned rival site among others constantly make new accounts to covertly sap new members from the site via privet messages causing activity to remain low

-Were a close knit and selective group here, new members often have a short shelf life not because they leave but because they cause trouble and get expelled quickly; this halts expansion of the forum and allows the role-play to stagnate

-Quality control among characters has degraded substantially since the forum began and the user base tends to fight reform every step of the way, the rules have always been simple and subjective and the users’ judgment was often trusted

-The site is very laid back and always has been, laissez-faire administration keeps the majority of the user base happy and the users are content to handle themselves, there are no site wide events or over-arching storylines run by the staff, in fact most staff members are inactive or simply review submissions

that being said I will now address your points:

-Your suggestion to organize the site by cannon locations in the anime is a very common practice among rp forums, every other one piece site I’ve seen does it, we have not used this system because making a category for every cannon location would clutter the forum and pile on constantly, as new locations are always introduced. The relative benefit of the idea is that people would know where the threads are set, but putting the locations name in the thread’s title (which is a common practice here) accomplishes the same goal with out cluttering the main page.
Players have made their own islands on this site in the past, but the system you suggest would mean that each new major fan made island would require a sub-section, cluttering things further. As we’ve seen it there’s little reason for us to have a massively bloated main page filled with locations as they are often underused and many unpopular cannon locations would sit there empty and eat up precious bandwidth for no reason. As it stands characters are free to start and travel in any cannon location they like anyway.

-As I already mentioned the site underwent a powerful character arms race and the power inflation you may have noticed is actually common here, though I am not happy with it characters here are so powerful many users who are balanced and sensible tend to be overwhelmed early on, users have expressed a need to be “the shit” to stand a chance against everyone who is yonkou level running amuck on the forum. Though you suggested we limit devil fruit usage you have not suggested any specific changes or ideas as to how we might accomplish this, so I don’t know how it would be done.
You mentioned training, well that’s all anyone seems to do now, as such an arms race among characters has overtaken things, everyone spends nearly every thread training.
The reason that characters are aloud so many techniques is quite frankly user demand for so many, as Ive said before the forum is very laid back and as long as the majority is happy the staff rarely takes action.

-The sites appearance hasn’t been updated in a while, this much is true. The logo is about five years old and the icons are about three years old, though they were all created specifically for the forum. Frankly the main reason we haven’t updated it is that no one seems to want a flashy eye-sore of clustered images and vibrating colors, the forum may not be as bright and high contrast as most but its modest, tasteful appearance has never been an issue, until just now.
Though a forum should attract new users by nature this forum is close knit and relaxed by nature, if people want to join that’s fine, if not we’ve always gotten along just fine as well. Since new users often get banned before they leave they never seem to be in short supply, we enjoy a prominent position as the third place entry under “one piece rp” on google and other engines, this was accomplished by activity alone and we feel it speaks for itself.
I wouldn’t object to changing the appearance but there hasn’t been any demand for it, moreover part of what sets us apart is our simple, easy to understand and to the point front page, where other forums are overly complex and clustered.

-As I said before the most senior users are very respected here, they have the luxury of holding positions over periods of inactivity because they’re loyalty is appreciated, and because they always return. Many of the inactive characters holding such slots belong to such members. Though I understand the reasoning for constantly refreshing the slots and the benefits it would hold the fact is that new users who ambitiously seek out slots in the yonkou and shichibukai are fickle, they come and go. They make the entire point of the character attaining that position then don’t know what to write after that and resign. The forum tends to respect seniority and frequent patronage over an influx of activity that is temporary.

-You mentioned limiting weapons choices to factions, though that’s canonically logical it is one of those issues of satisfying the majority, and the majority wants the freedom to make characters as they see fit, pirates with rokushiki and seastone are quite common, however much of a contraction that might be.

-You mentioned a money system; there is one in place already. You can find it in the advanced section of the forum.

-Characters have occupations in the sheet already, such occupations bestow specialized abilities inherently. Since this is a relaxed forum time is relative, writers are aloud to skip weeks or months between threads or even in a single post if it helps there story. Such specialization would only really matter if statistics were involved that placed hard limitations on what a character could and could not do, we don’t use statistics in the main section, we do however use them in the advanced section.
Because time is relative to posts a travel system could not happen, as there is no set time for a thread’s duration, some threads are the length of single brief battles, others take entire months to finish in game, between combat and storytelling standardizing a single time limit for posts would be impractical if not impossible.
This is not turn based or is it technical enough for a cannon to have set units of measurement, like I said our users tend to gravitate toward a fast and loose method of roleplaying.

as for sleepy's comment the advanced section is being revamped, Karasu was put in charge of it
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
DeathB4dishonor

DeathB4dishonor

Few Reavmp Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Few Reavmp Ideas   Few Reavmp Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 6:31 pm

Ok about the island sub forum idea my plan was not to create every island in each ocean but create key islands maybe two to three under each ocean. We aim for the important islands like loguetown, alabasta, sabaody archipelago where key moments can happen seeing as these are main locations that from if I recall correctly all crews from all seas crossed paths. Now I also suggested that these islands could be replaced by already made player islands to become our site specific canon islands.

Now as for the already powerful characters that's perfectly fine seeing as there will always be very powerful pirates and marines etc. but that doesn't mean that we should just allow all to become the same, a city of superhero's makes for a pretty shitty comic so instead of saving all the good spots for those that are gone we fill them with the strong guys we got. And if those strong guys come back will figure something out but there's no need to forget about the loyalty of those here trying to honor the loyalty of those that are gone.

The image needs to be changed bro and there's been no demand because there's really no one here LOL but that can be worked in slowly as just a simple color scheme change would be enough for now. The images could easily be tossed in later depending on the type of change the staff is aiming at. But like a darkish blue with some gold trim would be enough and stay within the pirate theme we got, and maybe create some member groups for those crews that reach a certain size, just cause we laid back and lazy don't mean we cant have some good shit.

Ok yes I forgot to add my idea as to how to limit the devil fruits and so here it is seeing as I do like the free range of fruits the best way to limit it and stick with the idea is to reduce the number of users per fruit to like two or three people per fruit so we don't get a bunch of whitebeards running around or a bunch of fire people. The rarer the fruit of the stronger the power the limit could be lower and the only way to get it would be to kill or defeat the current user which after would allow the winner to inherit the fruit power, or even just keep it in fruit mode and sell it or apply it in a different way. The other restriction I mentioned was the separating of certain weapons based on which side your on should be done because if they can all get the same things then there's not much of a reason to go after the opposite side even if they are enemy.

The money system I brought up would be different from the one you guys set up in the advanced (was aware that its under construction but I heard karasu quit So) but it would be simple and laid back so instead of having everybody buy everything everyone gets a certain amount of money based on there rank ex captains, yonko, admiral etc. and who every beats them gets that much from them should they win but for marines they would also receive 25% of the pirates bounty in addition. Now the only things that would cost money would be Forts, castles, labs, pascifistas, etc. while basic stuff would be free we could also add special ships under this bracket like submarines or the special coating. The idea is to keep it simple but give people more incentive to go after each other and ally themselves against the stronger enemy to win rewards.

The travel system would limit the miracle saves when a target is being attacked, but is only good if they board gets divided to help keep track of it and would be a bit more logical seeing as it takes time to get to locations. The time phases really don't matter because after browsing around I have noticed it take a great deal of time to finish up here so that's not so important uunless we just use a basic system to allow time to happen so after a month or two we calculate a in character year to have passed so that there is a essence of time passing. This way character do age get wiser or die off allowing for other characters to step up seeing as many player here have multiple chars to fool around with.

I think I responded to it all, my thing is seeing as the advanced may not be finished and wasn't received well why not combine a few of those ideas with the free roam version to build a stronger structure using the pro's of both to make a better site, everyone fights change but in the end its usually for the best. We need to think of the site as a whole not just the few players that want to hold onto the old cause its best for them, the site is to slow to keep anyone for long and being ok with that is not the way we should think, don't get me wrong im not juding anyone cause im lazy too but we can do better.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Few Reavmp Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Few Reavmp Ideas   Few Reavmp Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:20 pm

another point regarding the island system, though using less of the cannon islands clutters the forum less we already have two complete sections in the rp, so any clutter we add to the forum would in fact be doubled by being in the regular and advanced sections, wed end up with an overly lengthy main page with even only the main cannon areas highlighted.
Also this system may have worked early on but it would now entail we moved hundreds if not thousands of threads to new locations on the site, which would take a very large team of administrators working long hours to accomplish and just dosent seem posible for our small forum's staff.

while its true that I dont like that everyone is so powerful, or that the powerful characters are SO powerful its difficult to decide who should be aloud to be as strong as they want and who shouldn't, otherwise some members would be being treated unfairly. The only method we have to decide this would be seniority, but thats already in place as it stands.

Im not sure Id count all our active members as "no one", and like I already said were not in a huge hurry to collect more members, were content to have a few, invested members rather than a ton of fickle ones. It dosent bother us that we dont have as many active members as most sites because the members we have stay long enough to become close friends. That being said you are the only person to ever sugest an appearance change, the majority is happy with things and until that changes theres no real need for action. Your the only one who wants an appearance change, and your simply outvoted

this system is contrary to the idea of "free range", if we limited who could have what devil fruit at all. This idea dosent actually make characters less overpowered, it just deprives new users of the ability to make the characters they want and makes a ton of work for staff members for basically no reason. Micro-transactions neither simplify nor improve roleplays, it just creates busywork for users and staff.

Characters dont start off with those ranks, so the monetary system is meaningless, it also means that people who start off with higher ranks are awarded an unfair advantage early on, bounties are bloated and basically mean nothing in the grand scheme of the roleplay due to the arms race.
Again, characters are aloud to start with their custom weapons regardless of their faction in the roleplay because that makes people happy, in and of itself it dosent really make people overpowered. What makes people overpowered is a stern refusal to be reasonable in roleplays, which is much more difficult to limit and control.

Plots here work on agreements made by the users privately, if a ship gets attacked its because two players agreed on it as a plot point, so theres little reason to have a system by which characters can escape or not, since that stuff is already agreed upon by the writhers before the thread starts, like I said this isnt an RPG or a text based game, this is a network for collaborative writing and storytelling, your suggestions for making things more like a text based rpg or game are misplaced. This is a network for fanfiction, basically.

Im going to have to ask you to make your suggestions more respectfully, and to kindly stop discounting our userbase as irrelevant or "no one" theres plenty of activity here, more than enough for our small staff to handle. Your definition of "better" for a site isnt shared by the members and staff of this forum, that dosent mean they dont count or dont mater. We have no intrest in aggressively expanding, or trying to appeal to the internet at large, because we get along just fine with out them, members who come here should understand that we welcome them, but do not require them just to function, this is a free and loose forum with a relaxed mindset, and always has been.
Back to top Go down
DeathB4dishonor

DeathB4dishonor

Few Reavmp Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Few Reavmp Ideas   Few Reavmp Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 1:23 am

ok I understand. Topic closed
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Few Reavmp Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Few Reavmp Ideas   Few Reavmp Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 3:00 pm

that being said if anyone wants to agree with these suggestions feel totally free to, if thats what the majority wants then Ill deliver, otherwise things will stay basically the same, speak up people
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

Few Reavmp Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Few Reavmp Ideas   Few Reavmp Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:24 am

I like the site the way it is now. Won't go on and explain anythin else, I just enjoy roleplayin here, that's all needed to be told about it.
Back to top Go down
http://santoryu-phoenix.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

Few Reavmp Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Few Reavmp Ideas   Few Reavmp Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Few Reavmp Ideas
Page 1 of 1