One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ideas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Maxulus

Maxulus

ideas Empty
PostSubject: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 6:52 am

I see that the site has fallen into a period of inactivity. As a result, I was thinking of trying to organize an event for everybody to join so that we will hype the RP up. I don't have too many ideas, so I am listening to your suggestions. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 8:06 am

I was thinkin the same, tho the inactivity is probably due to schools startin and so on. I was thinkin of somethin but it's a bit far-fetched. It also first involves my Black Cross first gettin Dressrosa under their turf. Basically was thinkin of an annual/ monthly/we will see how often tourney of sorts, more like a Battle Royale or even 1 vs 1 matches, the winner gettin somethin useful like .. DF/character slot(s) and so on.
Back to top Go down
http://santoryu-phoenix.tumblr.com
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:49 am

I think we should just go ahead with the events we talked about before... Debate, originality, drawing, etc contests. There was a whole thread and poll about it, but we never went through. A battle royal sounds pretty cool too though.
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 3:52 pm

Guess that could happen
Back to top Go down
Karasu(the crow)

Karasu(the crow)

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 5:49 pm

If the problem is inactivity, then I'd rather have a thread with RPing in it. Just my opinion of course, but having people draw might not be the thing to increase activity.. especially since the problem is the lack of RPing in the first place.

In other words, my vote goes to the royal idea.

We'll need a reason for everyone (both pirates and marines alike) to take the time to sail from across the world to that specific area. It needs an IC reason.
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 6:04 pm

Yeah, we could stage an actual full-site plot event that effects everything, kinda like the whitebeard war. The battle royal could be somewhat like that. Perhaps a npc criminal syndicate baits us and then tries to kill us all. Perhaps we have some sort of tournament, like the dressrosa colleseum.
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 10:38 pm

I'd have to agree with Crow. The art and stuff sounds like fun, but I don't see it drawing in rpers like a battle royal or some other rping event.
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 4:23 am

The IC reason is okay. The Black Cross Pirates in their thread are taking over Dressrosa so they organize a big battle royal with a great price to celebrate their achievement or something.

I also thought of implementing new races in the site, to make it more unique and give a slot to everybody to make characters of these races.
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:33 am

Now that is interesting... Like sky-mermaids that can fly? Or perhaps a race with a puffer-fish/sky-fish type of body that allows them to get really big and return to normal? Or perhaps something like the gorons from zelda? Perhaps something more like business scrubs? Throw out some ideas, I love coming up with new character ideas and these races might be just the thing.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 11:49 am

New races huh? ... There should be a limit on how many races we will include tho, I believe; too many and it becomes a "freak show". I suggest that, to make new races, we have a bit of a contest with people's ideas, and then some, the "judges" will pick the best -insert number here- and make them site-cannon. How is that?

As for the Battle Royal, as there's currently an active thread that involves battles in there, guess we will have to wait until that thread is finished. (yeah, it's my thread, sorry? Razz)
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 2:42 pm

I have already submitted the idea to rodo and he has agreed. The names of the two races are the molemen and the birdmen
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 6:08 pm

Well, what are their qualities?
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 4:03 am

I'd rather keep that a secret until Rodo announces them.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:22 pm

I checked them out, they seem really interesting Very Happy also, the fact that the Birdmen's country/island is in the New World is especially interestin~ *likes for good ideas and additions to the site*
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 3:13 pm

I think the molemen need a bit more than just sand... What if their molefu controls dust, maybe rock, or even soil? If they have their own martial arts, I think it needs to be equal in power to fishman karate and since fishman karate is not only far more adaptable than sand but also is one of the most powerful tools against devil-fruit users, I think molefu should control more than sand so that it can become more adaptable and an acceptable weapon against any opponent. Another reason is simply that if the control of sand is weaker than the suna suna no mi, they need to have something that makes their molefu better than the suna suna no mi in that retrospect, seeing as how fishman karate is equal in power to devil fruits if used by a master such as jinbei.
Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 4:33 am

I agree with your point, but then that would make Suna Suna no Mi actually useless if everybody could make characters with the potential to have sand abilities better than those of the fruit. Then again, if we could add minor control over dust, rock and soil, that could work.

Everyone, please comment, we need your opinions.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 8:47 am

Fishman Karate allows the user to manipulate the moisture inside living things, which is what allows them to effectively utilize the battle style so efficiently (and powerfully) in and out of the water. The similar principle applied on Moleman's battle style seems a bit harder to accomplish; moisture exists inside us all, but saying that we can hurt others through .. say, "dirt" or "soil" that happens to be above or for whatever reason inside them, seems a bit situational (at best) or impractical and a tad OP (at worst). At least, that's how I see it. I think they should just have a generic control over soil, in a manner similar to how Fishmen use the water as ripples/waves to attack others.
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 1:46 pm

Wait... Maybe I just had a genius idea, maybe a load of shit... Molemen control... Minerals and dust. Dust in this case is the generic term for anything like sand, topsoil, rust, etc but in each case it is a similar-to-suna-suna-no-mi-but-not-as-powerful case. One cannot create new dust or make it change at will, but in the same manner as fishman karate control it. Similarly, we could broaden it to a mineral category. Different minerals and rocks like magnesium and quartz could be controlled as a medium of transfer. You couldn't attract the minerals like the dust and manipulate them, but you could identify where and what they are, as well as say punch through the air and have the minerals amplify the force.

Idea #2: metal. Molemen can physically dig through the ground with talent and ease, but actually control metal. In this case, metal means transition metals like gold, iron, tin, aluminum, etc. Metal is in the air, the ground, and in the body. This means using metal, much like the dust-mineral combo, would be on par to fishman karate in power; however, this would also give molemen a natural weakness to heat and water, as heat would melt the metals and water would corrode them.

Also, I think the harpie-based skypeans are an awesome idea. I think their abilities should be the merman combat of the air. Using tools and their wings like merman use tools and their fins, the birdmen could manipulate the air. This means instead of simply air blades and repelling forces, you could potentially have an entire network of techniques that are similar but not as powerful as the kaze kaze no mi; furthermore, it would be equal to the kaze kaze no mi in that the harpie-people could control anything caught in the air to some degree, such as making a tornado a water-spout. Essentially, that is how I use the neji neji no mi and it works well. Twisting and manipulating the air to make restricted currents, air-based psuedo-weapons, and etc. The harpie people are fine as is... It simply needs to be more specified so that people realize it is both balanced and equal in power to the molefu and fishman karate.
Back to top Go down
Karasu(the crow)

Karasu(the crow)

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 12:40 pm

"The IC reason is okay. The Black Cross Pirates in their thread are taking over Dressrosa so they organize a big battle royal with a great price to celebrate their achievement or something.

I also thought of implementing new races in the site, to make it more unique and give a slot to everybody to make characters of these races"

This idea isn't marine friendly. Why would marines willingly go in this? You think they'll just walk inside a place pirates took over in the new world to earn some money? The character would have to be pretty naïve and greedy to go in there. Pirates might go for the money, bounty hunters might just attack for the bounties inside (Wally included). Marines, however, don't have a reason to go inside. It's also unlikely the marines can be ordered to go in there, because if the WG learned about the tournament it's more likely that they would attack the tournament, not give marines to participate.

Also, cool, we have some new races.

Back to top Go down
Maxulus

Maxulus

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 7:00 am

aidoneus: The idea about metal is awesome as it would make moleman fu something similar to fishman karate but a little bit different. As for birdmen, I thought them as a counterpart of fishmen so I was thinking of an air merman combat from the very beggining.

Karasu: You are right about the tournament but first we can focus on gathering the pirates at the spot and then we can think of a way for the marines and the WG to join.
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 6:50 pm

So, should we change it to metal then? I think it works.
Back to top Go down
Karasu(the crow)

Karasu(the crow)

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 7:05 pm

I think it would be a better idea if we tried to focus on an idea that is more overall user friendly. I mean, literally the only reason marines would go there is to kill Wally and every pirate competing (and they'll do it in an army much bigger then the usual). I understand that you'd rather say "Let's focus on the easy and say the pirates will show up, we'll deal with the marines later", but, as I mentioned, that would involve keeping the idea that marines will show up in a tournament hosted by a wanted pirate with 400 million belli (Edited: 700 million belli). I'd rather have someone write a good reason for marines to join the tournament hosted by the most wanted man in PC in terms of bounty (that person should write it here, preferably).
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 7:41 pm

Perhaps a gamble by the world government? Pirates take over the island and the world government offers a tournament that after the prelimanaries (going down to however many pirates will participate) all pirates that didn't make it are thrown in impel down. The pirates remaining in the tournament could be fighting for the government to "profile" their strength to ensure that their bounties are accurate, while also increasing their fame. Then, the government would have the marines offer the strongest pirates places as shichibukai. To me, it makes sense. The government throws thousands of nameless pirates into prison, offers a way for many warriors to test their strength, and gives the marines/government a chance to replace the weakened (inactive) shichibukai.
Back to top Go down
Karasu(the crow)

Karasu(the crow)

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 9:26 pm

The shichibukai title, unfortunately, has to be won OOC through a process where a handful of staff agree to allow the character to have the title. For all we know there are pirates that do not want to be shichibukai in the tournament; and we shouldn't forget that the marines will most likely want Wally dead over finding shichibukai in the tournament. That's without mentioning the PC's that might end up in Impel down if they don't win a match, which will not end well considering Impel down is an area that can't be destroyed/broken out of anymore (for OOC reasons and people breaking it down in their threads every other week). As for pirates proving themselves, the marines want pirates with high reputation to put fear in pirates, they don't have to be strong (Youri was a weak shichibukai).

This also doesn't take away the initial point that marines will be putting themselves at risk just by showing up to the tournament. They'd need an extraordinary amount of trust in Wally to not faq their officers up while the officers are in his island. They'd need to bring an army with them, considering it's Wally and other pirates, just to make sure they don't get double crossed and slaughtered just for being a possible future nuisance. Now they have an army surrounding the island, even if everything goes well the marines aren't just going to return to their bases without grabbing the infamous Wally while his island is weak from fighting one another, right?

The idea sounds solid, but it'd work better OOC then IC. The way I see this working is if the event was a 'thriller' episode. As in, it doesn't effect the pirate's/marine's main story at all. Like the episode of Ben 10 where he is stuck in a universe where his sister Gwen gets the omnitrix instead of him, then it finally comes off and goes into his grandpa Max (If you don't know this anime, I hate you.) The story doesn't effect the main story at all, it's more of a side episode.

Then again this is only my opinion, but it'd be more OOC then IC if the marines showed up for the tournament without a better reason that outweighs the risk of getting slaughtered. They'd also need security, a simple "I promise I won't hurt your officers on my possibly false pirate pride" shouldn't be enough to convince them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: ideas   ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ideas
Page 1 of 1