One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kai

Kai

Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin Empty
PostSubject: Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin   Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 12:54 am

So I just started reading this manga, it's been referred to me by a few friends--nothing about it, I find is that interesting. While I'm a fan of samurai themes, I don't enjoy the reverse-sword(so far). So my question: does it get better? Should I throw it in the trash, pouring lighter-fluid on it in the process? I know it's an older series, but I've never found the time to pick it up. Then again, I am getting older myself, maybe shounen doesn't appeal to me much as it used to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin   Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 1:00 am

I read about eleven issues of it years ago, and I didn't find it bad. As it goes on, the theme of the main-character struggling not to return to his old ways is brought up more and more. It has some interesting side characters and villains, but it is still a shounen manga, so it's not revolutionary.

If you want to read something a little more mature (maybe you already have), check out Vagabond by Takehiko Inoue. It tells a story based on the life of famed samurai Miyamoto Musashi.
Back to top Go down
Getsugaburi

Getsugaburi

PostSubject: Re: Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin   Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 1:15 am

So you don't like it because Kenshin doesn't cut people?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin   Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 1:17 am

this is one of those series everyone tells me to read but I never get around to doing, reminds me of "Peacemaker" though, am I close?
I do know theres a villain with leprosy that makes explosions happan... thats pretty awesome
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Getsugaburi

Getsugaburi

PostSubject: Re: Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin   Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 2:12 am

I didn't know Shishio had leprosy.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin   Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 3:24 am

looked it up and he dosent, it, he has fire powers because he has no sweat glands... because burn victims are elementals... somehow....
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Getsugaburi

Getsugaburi

PostSubject: Re: Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin   Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:48 pm

You should still read it!
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin   Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:58 pm

I watched most of the anime, I don't really think I would get into the manga
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin   Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manga Talk: Rurouni Kenshin
Page 1 of 1