One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seryu's Inventions: Traps N' Arrows

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fwink

Fwink

Seryu's Inventions: Traps N' Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Seryu's Inventions: Traps N' Arrows   Seryu's Inventions: Traps N' Arrows Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 8:34 pm

Recurve Longbow: A bow made of a dark wood that is about 4.5 feet tall.

Arrows:
Heavy Point: The arrowhead is reinforced and weighted. The arrows can puncture up to an inch of steel when shot from a fully drawn longbow. However since they are heavier they do not travel as far and are less accurate.
Whistle point: The arrowhead is riddled with holes that make a high pitched whistling sound. this can be used to signal friends or distract enemies.
Flash Point: The arrowhead is hollowed and filled with a powder that ignites with a spark. when the arrow hits a hard surface the arrowhead breaks, creating sparks. These then light the powder which gives off a very bright flash of light. The powder however does not get hot, and so the arrow does little damage to any body part except the eyes.
Smoke Point: Same idea as Flash Point arrows, except the powder emits smoke instead of light, the smoke covers about a 15x15x10 foot area.
Web Point: The arrowhead is filled with spider web arranged to explode out of the arrow and entangle the target. the web strands stick to anything they come in contact with and are as strong as steel wire. however, to hold enough web to entangle a person the arrowhead must be fairly large, and so the arrow is horribly off balance, has a much shorter range, and is rather inaccurate.

Traps:
Bear Trap: Two "Jaws" face up and clamp together with teeth that dig into the targets leg (or arm or w/e). The trap is sprung when something pushed the pad in the middle, causing the jaws to close. 1 foot diameter. (Poor Concealment) (Good Concealment in Camouflage)
Trip Wire: an extremely thin wire is set across an area and attached to a device (bomb, gun, crossbow, ect.) when the wire is moved the device activates, hopefully hitting the target. 3 feet length. (Great Concealment)
Bomb Pad: a small black pad that explodes when pressure is applied to it, it is usually lain on the ground in a hope that someone will step on it. 1 foot diameter. (Good Concealment)
Caltrops: a tetrahedral, or 4 pointed object used to pierce the feet of attackers. 3 points touch the ground while the last always points up, making it hard to walk in the area. 5x5 foot area. (Average Concealment)
Oil Slick: Slippery black oil is poured on the ground, making walking nearly impossible and causing those who attempt to to slip and fall 10x10 foot area. (Average Concealment)
Camouflage: Can be a bush or leaves or virtually anything that naturally occurs in the area. Increases the Concealment Rating of a trap by one (Poor>Average>Good>Great). By 2 for bear traps.
i still haven't thought about how to incorporate concealment ratings yet, but i thought i should at least put them in for reference.

I will add other items as he invents them

sorry they are not in the weapon template, but it would be so long in that format.

just name whichever items need better wording or need to be re evaluated and i will change them.
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

Seryu's Inventions: Traps N' Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seryu's Inventions: Traps N' Arrows   Seryu's Inventions: Traps N' Arrows Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 10:17 pm

Yeah cool, Approved.
Back to top Go down

Seryu's Inventions: Traps N' Arrows
Page 1 of 1