One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seraph's Bow and Arrows

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

Seraph's Bow and Arrows Empty
PostSubject: Seraph's Bow and Arrows   Seraph's Bow and Arrows Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:37 pm

weapon name: Seraph’s Bow and Arrows

description: A slender silver long-bow with a polished, sterling handle and a wire of lightweight steel cable. Engraved upon the handle are traditional images of angels with trumpets, announcing Judgment Day, as well as a depiction of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Accompanying the bow is a leather archer’s quiver of five silver arrows, all with sharply pointed tips and gently curved black “tail” markers. Each of the arrows is heavier than a normal arrow due to their silver make, making them difficult to load at times but they can do a lot more damage than average arrows when wielded with the right skill. Each arrow is engraved with a line from a psalm along its main body: “I will break their hearts of stone, give them hearts for love alone.”

weapon special abilities: N/A

history: Pirate, Eric Greyson “acquired” this weapon during a raid on a monastery, taking it from the treasury and keeping it as his own along with its arrows despite warning. However he was never able to use it efficiently, finding that his own combat talents revolved around hand-to-hand and swordsmanship rather than marksmanship. He eventually gave up on it as a weapon of destruction- keeping it as a sentimental relic instead. He eventually permitted his apprentice and ward, Arianne, to attempt to take it on as her own though she largely practices with it as an amateur archer- somewhat teaching herself. The weapon itself has an odd myth attached to it. It is rumoured that the accuracy and momentum of the arrows fired from the bow depends on the purity of the archer's intentions upon firing. However this has never been definitively proved.

Last edited by LoreleiMaiden on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:57 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Altered content)
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: Seraph's Bow and Arrows   Seraph's Bow and Arrows Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:44 pm

I think the word you might be looking for to replace 'quiff' is 'quiver', though I may be mistaken.

The strange abilities of the weapon seem alarmingly akin to magic... could you explain it in a more... One Piece-ish manner?
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

PostSubject: Re: Seraph's Bow and Arrows   Seraph's Bow and Arrows Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:49 pm

No, you're right. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Good lord, that's a rather stupid mistake of me to make.
*facepalm* I couldn't remember the exact word and decided to just put in what it vaguely sounded like; I knew it was along the lines of qui-something, so I decided to just take a blind stab at it rather than let the idea of the weapon stagnate any longer.
I also obstinately refused to use the term "arrow-bag" after a brief deliberation.

I know what you mean. I had a feeling that the bow's special feature would be a little bit too " fantasy " for this kind of setting. I'm currently trying to figure out a more One Piece-y, pirate-ish way of accounting for its ability. If nothing works- I'll just abandon the special ability and alter the history. The weapon isn't vital for character development or anything, so there'll be no harm done, I feel.
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

PostSubject: Re: Seraph's Bow and Arrows   Seraph's Bow and Arrows Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:50 am

Re-check needed on this one again.
I decided to axe the special ability. I was going to try and link it to some kind of island curse or maybe having a kind of Devil Fruit flesh ingrained into its arrow steel...but whatever way I wrote it, it just didn't seem One Piece-y enough.
Plus, like I said, the weapon's ability isn't pivotal to the character, so it's not much of a loss.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: Seraph's Bow and Arrows   Seraph's Bow and Arrows Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:17 pm

You could make the power entirely spiritual: by that I mean have its efficacy be determined on what the user thinks about the bow. It could be rumored to have this ability, perhaps, while at the same time not really having a special ability: morale and confidence have a lot of say in the efficacy of one's efforts.

In a less convoluted sense: if the character believes she is pure of heart, and believes the bow's accuracy is based off pure thoughts, it may enhance her accuracy through morale/confidence alone. That's only if you wish to keep the ability in any way, shape, or form.

If you don't, then that's fine too. Approved.
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

PostSubject: Re: Seraph's Bow and Arrows   Seraph's Bow and Arrows Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:59 pm

Hmm...I like your idea about the bow's ability being a solidly spiritual one.
Thank you very much for suggesting it to me Smile That's an excellent idea.
However, if the ability is more a rumoured, spiritual ability than an actual usable, more "definite" ability- should it be credited in history or description instead?
You know, it being a rumour or a supersticion about the weapon and all?

Either way, thank you for the approval
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: Seraph's Bow and Arrows   Seraph's Bow and Arrows Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:43 pm

It would probably fit in the history far better.
Back to top Go down
LoreleiMaiden

LoreleiMaiden

PostSubject: Re: Seraph's Bow and Arrows   Seraph's Bow and Arrows Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:50 pm

I'll add that so.
Thank you for your advice and patience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seraph's Bow and Arrows   Seraph's Bow and Arrows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seraph's Bow and Arrows
Page 1 of 1