One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gryn "Checker" Steele

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fwink

Fwink

Gryn "Checker" Steele Empty
PostSubject: Gryn "Checker" Steele   Gryn "Checker" Steele Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:49 pm

Name: Gryn “Checker” Steele

Bounty: None

Species: Human, might be considered a Cyborg because his armor is built into his body, but he has no technology in him

Allegiance: Bounty Hunter

Home Ocean: West Blue

Appearance:
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 356 lbs
Eyes: Steel grey
Hair: Metallic silver, wavy and in disarray, but stays out of his eyes.
Physical: Muscular build especially in chest and legs. Skin is very dark tan, looks Native American. Face is cold and serious looking. Has a small goatee of the same silver color of his hair. He has an extremely developed six pack and pecks. His thigh and calf muscles are also highly developed because he has to carry the weight of the steel. His arms are not necessarily big but are toned. His left hand is made of steel, and his arm from shoulder to elbow is plated with steel. His left cheek is also plated with steel. His right jaw is plated, as well as his right arm from the elbow to the wrist. Steel covers the left side of his stomach up to his rib cage; this also extends around to his back. Steel covers his right rib cage, peck, and shoulder blade. His right thigh and foot are steel plated, while his left shin is steel plated. All the steel is highly polished and shiny. The plates are “checkered” across his body, hence the name.
Clothes: He wears an open red jacket exposing his chest and six pack, the jacket has cut-off sleeves and appears to be too small for Checkers’ large torso. He wears off-white shorts that look like swim trunks with pockets on the sides. They have two strings in the front that are untied and sway as he walks.

History: Checkers’ father was a very cruel blacksmith, and his mother left him when he was 3. He lived with his father during his childhood. His father constantly beat him after coming home from a day of drinking. He used to watch his father and the people at the pub drink so he could predict when his father would come home in a bad mood, this contributed to his observation skills. He is also accustomed to staying quiet because his father grew even angrier when he talked or complained. When he turned 16 his father sent him to learn to be a great blacksmith from a man known as Black Forge.
Black Forge was responsible for smithing some of the greatest metal armor of his time, but after so many years he began to go slightly crazy. Black Forge wanted to make armor that was directly attached to a person’s body, and Checker was his perfect subject. One day Black Forge sedated Checker and started attaching metal plates to his body by melting the steel onto the skin, cauterizing the wounds with the steel attached. Black Forge used the “checkered” formation so he wouldn’t kill Checker but could still see how the steel would hinder movement in those areas. Checker was angry that Black Forge used him as a guinea pig, but was in too much pain to do anything about it. For 2 months he lay in bed recovering from the burns created by the hot metal. In that time he learned to accept his new body and even realized it could be used to his advantage while fighting.
After he recovered Checker found that Black Forge had disappeared. Fwink left the smithy and went on to become a mercenary. While he was searching for a job, Checker met a Bounty Hunter arguing with a blacksmith who refused to repair his swords. Checker introduced himself as “Checker” because of his new body. He offered to look at the swords, but also deemed them irreparable. Checker then offered to smith him a new set of swords, if he could provide payment of course. Checker was intrigued when the man, who introduced himself as Ryzan, told him that he wanted brass knuckles build into the swords. After a week of work at the forge (which he rented from the blacksmith) he was able to create the odd swords, at which point Ryzan offered him a job to capture/kill a merman named Gufgor the Angler who had been causing trouble in some small coastal towns.

Personality: Cold and untalkative. He loosens up a little bit around his friends, enough to laugh at jokes, but does not add very much to the conversation. He is not easily annoyed and tends to ignore people who joke about him or play tricks on him. However, once he reaches his limit he has an explosive temper and will often pin the poor fool to the ground with his steel hand. He is easily interested however and will often observe people or things. He has an extremely good memory. Checker likes to listen to conversations and gather information.
Unfortunately, Checker gets extreme vertigo when he is upside down, and he has claustrophobia. This claustrophobia also applies to being bound, so if his arms and legs can’t move then he starts to have a panic attack. These factors hinder him greatly in combat.
Hobbies: Polishing his steel body, gathering information on people by listening to them and observing them, trying to learn to flip (unsuccessfully), doing cannon balls into water (imagine the splash from a 356 lbs. man)
Habits: Adjusting his jaw before doing any physical work. Rubbing his right forearm with his steel left hand (this makes a high pitched metallic rubbing sound)

Checker can often be found polishing his steel body, or trying to learn to flip (unsuccessfully). He also loves doing cannon balls into shallow water (imagine the splash from a 356 lbs. man). However, he cannot swim due to the extra weight of his armor, and so must be rescued like a DF user.
Checker has a habit of adjusting his jaw before doing any physical work. He also often rubs his right forearm with his steel left hand (this makes an annoying high pitched metallic rubbing sound).

Ship: Wavy Red

Ship Flag: The Wavy Red sports a simple white flag to avoid being mistaken by marines, but the crew insignia is 3 horizontal wavy red lines (~), one on top of the other.

Special Abilities: Sturdy (due to his weight, he is hard to move), Well Balanced (He keeps his balance well) Vertigo and Claustrophobia (not exactly an ability but he suffers from Vertigo and Claustrophobia easily)

Fighting Style:
“Flow Twirl”
Checker uses a spinning form of fighting that uses attacks that flow together to increase momentum, speed, and power. He will usually start throwing a left punch and then spin off to his right so he can use his right heal to attack. The spins aren’t quick at first, so he doesn’t look like a spinning top or anything, but they slowly increase in speed as he attacks for longer. This style depends heavily on footwork and is hard to use on uneven ground. Checker can sometimes use the enemies’ attacks to gain momentum. For example if he is punched in the right cheek, he will spin to his left and bring his left fist around onto his opponents left ear. He attacks in series of blows that use the momentum of his previous attack to increase power and speed. Checker tries to avoid fighting high in the air because that increases his chance of being turned upside down and suffering extreme vertigo. Therefore he stays on the ground and only jumps a few feet to use a spinning kick.
Checker is also very resistant to burns and damage from heat or fire, his body grew accustomed to heat from the forge and the metal plates attached to it.

Learned Techniques:

Hard Fist: Hits enemy with steel left fist.
Hard Kick: Kicks enemy with steel right foot.
Hard Elbow: Elbows enemy with steel right elbow.
Hard Knee: Knees enemy with steel left knee.
Hard Slam: Tackles enemy to the ground, pinning them with his weight.
Hard Train: Punches enemies face with left fist, spins, elbows enemies ribcage with right elbow, spins, knees enemies groin with left knee, spins, kicks enemies legs with right foot. Them body slams enemy if they are on the ground. He keeps spinning even if one attack is deflected, so combo isn't stopped unless his spinning is stopped, or the enemy moves out of range.

Weapons: Steel body.

Goal: To find Black Forge, he is not sure what he is going to do when he finds him but he wants to at least find him.

Last edited by Fwink on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Gryn "Checker" Steele   Gryn "Checker" Steele Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:51 pm

yes that needs approval, and please go in to more detail in the weapon sheet
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Fwink

Fwink

PostSubject: Checkers steel body added   Gryn "Checker" Steele Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 8:42 pm

Sigh ok, well i added his body to the custom weapons section, i did describe it in his physical appearance but w/e
if there are any other problems please let me know

Edit: The body has been approved as a weapon
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Gryn "Checker" Steele   Gryn "Checker" Steele Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:49 pm

who approved it?
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

PostSubject: Re: Gryn "Checker" Steele   Gryn "Checker" Steele Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:55 pm

Iggy, its in the weapons are here section
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Gryn "Checker" Steele   Gryn "Checker" Steele Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:59 pm

ok then Iggy should, since he read the weapon and understands it, look over the charter using it
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

PostSubject: Re: Gryn "Checker" Steele   Gryn "Checker" Steele Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:11 pm

this is exactly the description i put for the weapon, its also in checkers physical description

"His left hand is made of steel, and his arm from shoulder to elbow is plated with steel. His left cheek is also plated with steel. His right jaw is plated, as well as his right arm from the elbow to the wrist. Steel covers the left side of his stomach up to his rib cage; this also extends around to his back. Steel covers his right rib cage, peck, and shoulder blade. His right thigh and foot are steel plated, while his left shin is steel plated. All the steel is highly polished and shiny. The plates are “checkered” across his body, hence the name."
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

PostSubject: Re: Gryn "Checker" Steele   Gryn "Checker" Steele Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:10 am

added some attacks
Back to top Go down
Fwink

Fwink

PostSubject: Re: Gryn "Checker" Steele   Gryn "Checker" Steele Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 11:57 pm

ok i know im double posting (wait triple) but it would be really nice to get someone to approve this char,
ill delete this post after someone looks at him, if an admin doesnt first
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Gryn "Checker" Steele   Gryn "Checker" Steele Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:02 am

((double postingis only illegal in fights))

APPROVED!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gryn "Checker" Steele   Gryn "Checker" Steele Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gryn "Checker" Steele
Page 1 of 1