One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hobopew

Hobopew

Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:39 pm

The fighter was helpless as he continued to laugh, taking in more neurotoxin, and as the blinding sun came over Jay and his arms and legs successfully bound he slowly stopped laughing, stopping with a sigh as Gael spoke. Jay chuckled again, seemingly uncontrollable for a couple of chuckles at the end as Jay looked at Gael best he could and said “Buddy, I’m new to your world, I don’t know nor care for any government, and come from a small island, that was recently slaughtered, an island the apparent government and Pirates used people from, for wars. I’m the last generation, and to be quite frank, fighting blindly is how we learn; if we die we’ve failed. We live we have the honour of seeing another fight.” Jay smiled to him chuckling a bit more.

The sun was bright, “Same for that... What did you call it? Devil fruit? Never heard of them, isolated life, you could say, but let me tell you this seeing as you’re the first to actually put me down in a fight. I saw my whole life destroyed by cannon fire, piracy and Marines. My brother murdered because a Marine captain couldn’t “Use him” so no one could, then kidnapped by a nameless pirate. So Gael Iura, don’t take this the wrong way, but unless I can get stronger, to beat you, his death along with my entire families death, was for nought.” The playfulness and jolly tone in his voice went to a darker place, a place that could only give that tone If it was the depths of a man’s soul, and in a way it was.

Jay was at the bottom of his life’s barrel and only saw the sun on as he tried to climb out. However he turned to the Man and said “So if you’re buddies are the best of the best, warn them, that I’m going to beat them one day, and who knows maybe I’ll see you on the way and I’ll show you how far I’ve come. Now either kill me or realise me, I have a tournament to go beat.” Jay had no clues, and no way to find out who the captain of the ship he was kidnapped was, only going through tournaments across the oceans seemed to be an effective way of getting stronger and measuring his strength, and so he laid there in vines looking up at the sun given from the large balls mouth and waited for either death, or release, either way he seemed in phased and ready for whatever it was that was coming.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:08 pm

"Oh, well, whatever. If you're new to other places beside your own, it makes sense, I guess..." Gael stopped short as Jay mentioned the slaughter of his island. "That's a dumb philosophy. So if you all fail? Does that mean that those who failed don't deserve a second chance?" Because, you know, there's no chance they could improve.

When Jay told him that he wouldn't stop until Ti'ar or Ranyx were beaten, and blamed his obsession on his family's death, Gael snapped. His limbs and muscles grew rigid. His voice dropped to barely a whisper. "You... think that the death of your family gives you the right to go around ruining the lives of others? You think you're the only one who knows pain? My fiancee had to watch his best friend be murdered in front of his eyes. For centuries he has watched every single person he knew and loved grow old and die, leaving him behind. So few people even know his name from when he first got his fruit, and it's not the same as the one he's got now."

He looked up at Jay, his hair half in his eyes. "Do you know how he copes? None of the macho parading around and conceit. He tries to move on. He knew that karma hit his torturers in the gut, and I know it will happen to yours as well." He had to unclench his fist. "Fenrir, Rirnef. Go make sure the tournament hasn't started yet. Make a scene. Impress them. Figdra will be making a delivery shortly." The two wolves nodded and leaped towards the sun, flying out of Figdra's mouth.

Gael returned to watching Jay. "Believe me, you do NOT want to make the government mad. You do not want to make my friends mad. Most importantly, you do not want to get ME mad. I am tired of everyone's self-righteous moaning. No consideration is ever given for every one else on earth." The vines began rising off the plain, and a wooden platform had appeared under Gael, following the plain. "I'm letting you go, Jay. But believe me, I hope you get your crud together by the next time we meet... or you're not going to get out unscathed."
Back to top Go down
Hobopew

Hobopew

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 4:42 am

As the vines released him Jay rubbed his wrists and checked himself, picking up his Staff before standing before Gael with a funny sort of smile before saying “You’ve got me wrong, I won’t kill them, just beat them, I’ve seen enough death I want to be strong enough to not let anyone go through that. You’re wor- this world, is that the consequences of loosing? Death. Heh, then I need to get stronger quicker to stop those dying needlessly.” As the platform rose up Jay looked at where the sun was through the Mouth that had opened, he had an hour or so before the Tournament started.

Again the platform still rose up wards and Jay walked a bit off before turning to Gael and saying “I didn’t mean to offend you, only to fight you, to see why people were so..... Different around you, and I can see why you hold such power, but you don’t understand where I am coming from Gael. What I was born into, raised with, or have to do now. However if you have to hate me for that then fine, but we will fight again and you’ll see the difference.” Jay then spun the Bo staff around and planted the end of it in the dirt so that it could stand on its own and then he leaned back on it and waited until he could get out.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Gael grimaced and grew sad. "Most people believe it should be, Jay. I'm one of the few who don't. Be careful out there. I let you go, while others won't be as kind. I've... seen things, heard stories, and it's changed me. Please don't be stupid, okay? Don't pick fights, unless you know who you're talking to." Gael grabbed Jay's shirt, as well as his bo staff. "Time for you to go. Good luck. I'll make sure to tell Ti'ar not to kill you." With that he planted his feet and threw Jay out of Figdra. Not the most respectful way to do it, not by a long shot. Gael just didn't feel like letting Jay walk away. Throwing was a better stress reliever.

Fenrir and Rirnef bit the scruff of Jay's shirt when he came out of Figdra, and dragged him a safe distance from the frog. They then left him and leaped into Figdra. The frog sighed and said, "I'm sorry for Father's behavior... he's not really that happy now. He's a little... out of it. I wish you had caught him at a better time." The frog then tucked into a full-on ball and rolled out of sight.
Back to top Go down
Hobopew

Hobopew

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Jay smirked as he was thrown and then dragged, but as the ball frog thing spoke he shook his head, what was in those plants, that affected him. Still he watched it roll off before brushing his clothes down and spinning his Bo staff in his hands for a bit before inspecting the sky “One hour before registration, I best go get ready.” He wasn’t hurt, bar a scratch on his leg but that was nothing that would hinder him.

Jay yawned and on the way there bought a gourd full of Sake tying it around his red sash that was tied around his waist holding his Bo staff horizontally in his left hand as he was he occasionally stopped and enjoyed the sun and some of the street performers before he made it to a large dome shaped stadium with various, large and small men and some women entering.

“Must be the place” Jay smiled studying his competition before striding into the doors and toward the registry desk.
Back to top Go down
Redex 1000

Redex 1000

Location : At a place not far from here... Here being right behind you.

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 3:19 pm

before the fight ended ken had walked into the dome. sighing he could tell this was going to be a fun day for him. sizing up his opponents only saw a few competitors that could be a real challange, shrugging with disapointment. walking to the registraition desk he quicky entered the tourtament and sat down while he waited for the others to register. while he waited he took out his knife and gazed at his reflection 'this is the first step, to become the best.' he thought as jay walked in.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:24 am

David finally left his hotel. Once again, his weapons were not obvious, but they were certainly lighter then before. After some thought, he had decided to enter the tournament regardless of the fact that he would need to weaken himself to do it.

He headed to the stadium, which he had passed earlier that day, and went inside in the wake of a heavyset man, a woman, and some muscular guy with a bo staff. He looked around, spotted the registry desk, and headed in that direction.
Back to top Go down
Hobopew

Hobopew

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:00 am

Jay waited patiently in line, he caught a glimpse of the swordsman from the bar, it’d be interesting to see someone use three weapons with two hands, the rest of the fighters seemed to blend into the general misc of sword fighter, marksman, hammer axe that sort of thing, however when Jay managed to get a hold of the rules at the registry desk he noted that no ranged attack would be allowed, along with no killing where possible, that didn’t bother Jay however much they stressed it did, as he used none lethal terms.

Still he took him number, which was 43, and went through the double doors to wait for the show to begin.

(Ken is #23 and Davey boy is #48 for you’re notices)
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:04 pm

David also went up and registered. He took his number (the aforementioned 48) and headed for the double doors.

David completely ignored the competition as he did this. It wasn’t that he wasn’t interested, but rather because you could never really tell a person’s strength simply by looking at them. David had seen some amazing fighters in his day and occasionally he came across monsters in the bodies of what looked like weaklings. And then there was David himself. He was only sixteen and still had some of the features of a child and yet he killed people for money.
Back to top Go down
Redex 1000

Redex 1000

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:35 pm

taking out his number (23) he looked at it before pocketing his knife and walking through the double doors. hoping to have some stronger opponents than the ones he saw he waited for his first match.
Back to top Go down
Hobopew

Hobopew

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:53 am

There was plenty of people moving about and seemed to be waiting around several smaller arena’s Jay moved to join in a few of the smaller crowds looking around as on the large podium between the area’s stood a pudgy man, that could have been the brother of the bar owner, which made Jay raise an eyebrow and thus he spoke.

“Ladies and gentlemen thank you for joining today, for this the 34Th annual tournament of Maywin Island, first up is number....” He placed a rounded hand into a large box pulling out a small piece of paper and reading it aloud “Thirty four and...” again once more into the box before pulling out “Number Twenty three!”. A few of the fighters in Jay’s vicinity checked their numbers before a large and stocky Marine stepped up into the arena furthest away from Jay.

The fighter saw it was the ‘leader’ from earlier, the one who could hardly speak but probably knew how to rough a guy up, and even at this distance Jay saw he kept his large axe which was now over his right shoulder. The pudgy man spoke again “Aha... Eager, now would the other number move up onto that Arena please? Rules are the same as always but for some of the newer contestants, No killing is the biggest rule, you’re not allowed off the arena of which you fight, otherwise it’s disqualification, and other than that anything goes.”

Jay had done some research and he knew this was one of the more brutal tournaments people had came away without a limb or two, but still technically ‘alive’ still that only made him chuckle as six other numbers had been called out, but Jay didn’t care as his wasn’t brought out and so he moved to see where the large Marine who annoyed him earlier would be fighting.
Back to top Go down
Redex 1000

Redex 1000

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:30 am

as soon as ken heard his number called he walked out, eager to fight. his opponent had a large build, but it didn't matter if he was too dumb to use that power. entering the arena with the marine he said "the rules seem simple. hope you can understand them big guy." he normally didn't insult an opponent, but it was too easy to fight a man with little to no mind or control. he decided to hold back on his more relyable techniuqes until later in the tourtament.

pulling out his first sword he said "ill use raion for this." getting into a fighting stance he waited for his opponent to make the first move.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 12:39 pm

David turned to watch the first few battles, trying to look disinterested. In truth, he wasn’t going to let an opportunity to check out their fighting abilities slip by. Casually, he slipped his knife out and began tossing it up and down.
Back to top Go down
Hobopew

Hobopew

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:56 am

[I can’t apologise enough for the disappearance of me of late so here we go xD]

The man in the ring with Ken looked at him angered at the insinuation that he didn’t know the rules, “I’m a MARINE! I only kill pirates!” He huffed and puffed afterwards for a couple of seconds before then looking at the man with three swords but only using one.

Even his pea brain figured out a way to deal with him, as he had more than one weapon visible, on himself. He charged at Ken at a thunderous speed, before swinging his axe in a simple right to left (from Ken’s view) from his waist height, and even the most in-experienced could see that a Blade would have a tough time standing up to that force, let alone the wielder blocking with it.

However the Leader Marine’s plan was simple, Ken’d block and be sent off the Arena.
Back to top Go down
Redex 1000

Redex 1000

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:48 am

ken waited for the attack as he whispered " knife sentinel". pulling his knife out he dodged out of the way and jumped back quickly when the attack passed. while the attack still kept its motion it was now an opening that ken exploited with ease. lashing out with his knife he attempted to stab the large marines wrist.
Back to top Go down
Hobopew

Hobopew

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:30 am

The marine figured the smaller fighter was quicker than he, and he walked right into his little ploy, the knife however was unplanned and as Ken flipped over and pulled it the Larger thicker headed of a Marine brought a hand off the axe’s long handle and brought it back round to try and hit the sword fighter as if he was swatting a fly, however holding the pose of the ‘come at me bro’ sort of way, his entire front was open.

The knife had cut open a nice gash in his meaty forearm though, and although it was bleeding it wasn’t much more than a cut to the pig headed marine.
Back to top Go down
Redex 1000

Redex 1000

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 8:26 pm

ken smiled as he dodged the attack by dodge rolling passed the marine's attack range. quickly getting up he brought back the hilt of his sword, jumped up, and atempted to hit it against the marines neck.
Back to top Go down
Hobopew

Hobopew

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Now in the attack Ken used would have worked on most people however, this Marine had too much muscle on his neck for any blunt force to his spine with enough force to Ko him unless they were of equal strength and size, as such it felt more like a bug biting him and that made him chuckle as he turned and towered over Ken before saying

“Bye bye swordsman” He raised his foot and aimed to bring it down on his head, whilst simultaneously taking up his axe in both hands waiting for him to dodge into an attack zone.

A few of the other matches had been over already and Jay was again waiting for his number to be called whilst watching this bout of fighters.

One of the other matches had finished with a bit more bloodshed and the looser lost an arm, the referee came over on the speakers and shouted “Number 48, into the ring with Number 29! Fighters enter the ring!” The one that entered this ring was a scrawny loking man with nothing more than two nun chucks, his bones were visible and he looked to be in his late 40’s and wore a pair of thick rimed glasses.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:26 am

David heard his number being called and he jogged over to the area where he would be fighting. His opponent looked weak, though of course David wasn't going to believe that for a second. The young boy his dagger in one hand and stood erect.

"It's been boring so far," David said casually taking his eyes off of his opponent to glance around the room. "May as well get on with this, I suppose."
Back to top Go down
Redex 1000

Redex 1000

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:30 pm

dismayed that his knockout strategy didnt work Ken jumped back. putting power into his jump he avoid the stomp and get out of the axes range. putting raion back into his sheath he took the weapon in its holder by the sheath and the handel.slightly unsheathing the blade he said in a happy tone "i think this has gone on enough, leopard fang " saying this he quickly pulled out the sword and sped towards his opponent at blinding speeds. delivering a quick slash he rushed passed and looked back to see what his attack had done.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:42 am

(Look, I am planning on deleting David since I'm not sure what to do with him after this RP. The only problem is that he is in this thread and this thread is taking forever to go anywhere and I don't want to just leave. So, he is no longer a PC. You may do with him as you wish.)
Back to top Go down
Hobopew

Hobopew

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 3:41 pm

(sorry to hear matey)

As Ken came in for the cut the giant swung his axe around his lower body and brought it up in a defensive position.... For a spear, as he said “Defence arc” Which did in fact block the cut, however if deflected it up to his shoulder and neck which did in fact cut his artery blood poured out and as a medic checked up on the large man Ken was announced the winner moving into the finals, as most had quit from the look of some of the winners.

Which brings us up to Jay’s fight.

He was called a few minutes after David, and to the same ring, it appeared the old man and David beat each other in a draw and as such both lost their places, there was some blood still on the ground but as Jay stood tall he looked at his opponent, a woman with a spear. Bo vs spear, an interesting fight however Jay placed his bo staff at arm’s length and put one end on the ground and looked towards his opponent curiously.
Back to top Go down
Redex 1000

Redex 1000

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 9:47 pm

(ooc: curses, ill have to supply filler now. Sad )

ken walked out of the arena slowly as the giant went down. he was abit annoyed that most of the fighters quit, but at least he was in the finals. walking past jay he said "good luck." and made his way towards the waiting room, but turned back to watch jay's fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town    Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serious:Chapter #1 First day in town
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2