One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bounties

Go down 
+4
Iggy
nikz200
Layman Iconoclast
TheBlackLuffy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:07 pm

I know its just me probably being picky. But this has been starting to bug me..I log on..I browse the forums down the line...commenting and what not..then I look at the character creation threads..

Some brand new poster then creates a Rookie pirate with the bounty of 30,000,000...
Their history "I killed my parents and ran away. Then I killed 3 marines..then I fought with a monkey and gained super human strength. I now search the grandline for strong people"

THE END..

I mean really...wtf...even if it was detailed enough..making your bounty fit your character shows your knowledge of the OP world..no one gets 300,000,000 head bounty by beating up a Vice-Admiral..

And the thing is, I keep seeing this..

Luffy didn't get his bounty pass 30,000,000 till he actually made him self well known..

Now I could possible understand if you were like..an escape Marine project with a devil fruit ability to suck the life out of people or anything you touch with your bare hands. Now THAT'S worth a 150,000 bounty..because you extremely dangerous..

I don't mind seeing maybe 3-5 high bounty people..but really...every bloody rookie?
Come on..I think we need some restrictions on this or something..because this is ridiculous..
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:10 pm

look, this website isnt in the cannon, we have addressed this bounty thing like sixty times, were keeping it low because of the time this AU is set in, frankly a bounty doesn't GIVE your character anything and is really just for bragging rights but we dont rank characters by bounty because its proven to be no indication for how strong the character is (apart from Luffy) if you dont like it you can apeal but honestly its a simple system, you can always aply for a higher bounty and you can have it if it gets approved, if you have offenses that could warrent a bounty like that in the rp, include them in your apeal
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
nikz200

nikz200

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:12 pm

quite frankly, you just have to be sensible dont you? and we dont allow superhuman bounties. If buggys bounty can be decently high, so can other people. That is all in this matter
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:16 pm

True, its just weird how they rarely do anything to the extremeand they get these uber huge bounties is what I'm saying..
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:38 pm

Pardon my correction, Admin-sama, but what TheBlackLuffy is trying to say is that people are giving their characters a high bounty for having done nothing at all, and that we aren't enforcing this as much as we should be. He has a valid point.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:43 pm

Thats all great Iggy, but you have to remember that sometimes, 10,000,000 bounties are given for peopel who just randomly rob places and kill marines and government officials. Lok at buggys bounty. quite frankly the system we have now works so why change it?
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:49 pm

I will also see your side of things, bounty does not really mean anything on this forum.
Back to top Go down
i AM LiGHT

i AM LiGHT

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:32 am

( I don't know if I can post here )

But blackluffy has a point since we can get an high bounty without RP. But in a way, the bounty means nothing for now here. So if someone can be happy to start with 15,000,000Beli bounty and then he tells his friend and everything, wouldn't it be funnier for all ? Well, I mean, we are here to have fun I think.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:07 am

Unreasonable bounties are one of the worst things. I mean, sure, some can be a little too high, and killing a high up of the government or doing something incredibly humilitating to the marine is going to make them give you a higher bounty, but I don't think killing your parents or such is going to make you a feared criminal worldwide. We're talking about One Piece here, even though it's AU.
Look how Kid got his bounty. Now look at your list of victims. Doesn't quiet look the same, huh?
I admit it's hard to measure sometimes, but basically a bounty is just a measurment for how much the marine wants you dead. And with storys like BlackLuffys example, the marine hq'd call the captain of the base there and'd be all:" Hey guys. That's your problem. It's not like he did anything that would really endanger us. But for the sake of the civilians, let's give him a bounty. Like, 50.000, or something. Or 1.000.000. But not too much. Money doesn't grow on trees."
But we can't really do more than tell people f their bounty's too high, I guess. So yeah, I get your point, but well... not much more we can do.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:42 am

Bounties is something hard to control here, at least thats my opinion. Its up to the users to think reasonably about the bounties they put I guess, and I do agree with Gore btw ..
besides, I too have overdid it a time or 2 when its about bounties.
Reasonably a high bounty = major thread to the Government, or the civilians, or extreme battle skills, or the char's connections can play a part on a bounty.
There's a link from wiki that could tell a few things:
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Bounties#Bounty_Issuing
Back to top Go down
http://santoryu-phoenix.tumblr.com
Hysteria

Hysteria

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:23 pm

While I wouldn't like seeing high bounties tossed out to every single user that stops by for no reason at all, I don't see much of a problem with the current bounties. Although it might be a slightly different scale than the canon, it's still pretty good and balanced in my opinion...

It's like comparing the euro to the dollar, for example. Hypothetically, couldn't a 1,000,000 B bounty could in our AU could be equal a 100,000 B one in canon? As long as they continue to be kept to about the same scale, it shouldn't be much of an issue.

That, and as other people said, it's just a number and doesn't give you much more than bragging rights... If anything, it might attract more bounty hunters/marines and the weak character with a high bounty could get picked off for a good profit.

TheBlackLuffy wrote:
Luffy didn't get his bounty pass 30,000,000 till he actually made him self well known..
I tend to disagree with that. Luffy didn't become very well known until after the Enies Lobby fiasco and got his bounty of 300,000,000 B, in my opinion. Although his initial bounty might have been remotely famous in East Blue, since that might have been the highest standing one at the time, it's probably pretty meagre compared to the other blues and the grand line.

I can maybe see him gaining some notoreity at the 100,000,000 B mark when he defeated Crocodile, but didn't the marines give Smoker most of the credit for that to keep things under control?

Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:49 pm

Hysteria wrote:
While I wouldn't like seeing high bounties tossed out to every single user that stops by for no reason at all, I don't see much of a problem with the current bounties. Although it might be a slightly different scale than the canon, it's still pretty good and balanced in my opinion...

It's like comparing the euro to the dollar, for example. Hypothetically, couldn't a 1,000,000 B bounty could in our AU could be equal a 100,000 B one in canon? As long as they continue to be kept to about the same scale, it shouldn't be much of an issue.

That, and as other people said, it's just a number and doesn't give you much more than bragging rights... If anything, it might attract more bounty hunters/marines and the weak character with a high bounty could get picked off for a good profit.

TheBlackLuffy wrote:
I tend to disagree with that. Luffy didn't become very well known until after the Enies Lobby fiasco and got his bounty of 300,000,000 B, in my opinion. Although his initial bounty might have been remotely famous in East Blue, since that might have been the highest standing one at the time, it's probably pretty meagre compared to the other blues and the grand line.

I can maybe see him gaining some notoreity at the 100,000,000 B mark when he defeated Crocodile, but didn't the marines give Smoker most of the credit for that to keep things under control?

That's what I meant by well known Hysteria..Luffy actually did some major damage towards the government by constantly beating up Huge Assets such as Lucci and Crocodile..but I really don't mind the bounty if its a well typed up story..killing your parents, and beating up 1 Navy Solider...not even captain..doesn't get you the bounty of 650,000,000..its just ridiculously high and retarded..

Luffy actually worked on his bounty on the things he's been doing..other then just lighting a tree on fire in ZOMG! 9,000 BERRIE!!! OMG..

I mean like sure..it's not a big deal to most. But I just find it aggravating to see some person's 1st character..they have some random reason why they have super human strength..and they kill there parents..
I don't know how many profiles I've seen with a character Killing there parents (Itachi wanna be's)

It does nothing but make you an orphan..now sure..I know you CAN get a bounty for killing some one. Its highly possible. But I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be 30,000,000,000 berrie..
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:53 am

so what is the suggestion here? Please cut to the chase, since everyone is clearly so upset by the bounty system?
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:07 am

Oh no no no, you got me wrong. Personally, what I pretty much said is that, bounties are NOT up to the mods and admits, but to how well the users can use common sense when puttin bounties on their chars. All I did was to point out what causes should normally make some1's bounty go up.
Back to top Go down
http://santoryu-phoenix.tumblr.com
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:00 pm

common since is bliss to the young of our generation..
I'd say have an admin look it over..rookie pirates or new characters who are pirates shouldn't have over a 15,000 berrie bounty..that's not high..and its not low..its a normal price for a pirate..

30,000+ is moderately high..

Back to top Go down
i AM LiGHT

i AM LiGHT

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:22 pm

Why are you so obsess by bounties ?
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:48 pm

i dont get what your asking for TBL, is it to set a low bounty on all characters irrelevant of history and what not?
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:28 am

Yes, any one's history who doesn't have any major casualties must have a bounty lower then 15,000...But as you RP, it can be raised..like if you fight a strong marine or start causing trouble...it can be boosted by 20,000 berri for each time..

That way we encourage RPing instead of just going straight into a war all the time and having people randomly smashing each others heads it :3
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:35 am

Now THIS! Is a good character!

Good way to show you earned your bounty

He didn't just kill 18 marines..He stated he continuously was killing marines...and it fit his story very very well..
He put why, and what his reasons were..

I know I've asked before..but maybe you could make me a CM (Character Mod) only thing I do is comment on peoples bounties...if its unbelievably high, I'll ask them to edit it..
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:55 am

I do not think you are not on enough to be considered for that role, anyway, thats not up to me thats admin samas call. And secondly, this was told. There are many reasonable people on this site who give reasonable stories. This is nothing new.
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:13 am

I'm on alot D: I'm always lurking to see if my crew mates have been on..but now I'm not going to only rp with my crew..I'll RP with my non-crew associated characters..that way I don't have to wait for people ._.

Or maybe we could make like..idk, a Bounty Buddy..all he does is pm them about there bounty if it seems crazy high..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bounties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounties   Bounties Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bounties
Page 1 of 1