One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Shadow's" techniques

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dustfinger

Dustfinger

"Shadow's" techniques Empty
PostSubject: "Shadow's" techniques   "Shadow's" techniques Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 1:32 pm

If I'm in a fight and use this technique: Shadow Steal: Jaden takes control of his foe's shadow causing his foe to do whatever his shadow does(it lasts a few seconds, also he can't knock out the shadow), do I have to say "Jaden trys to use shadow steal" or can I just take control of him? Also, if say "Jaden slams the foes shadow down on the ground causing the same thing to happen to the actual foe" can I do both those in the same turn and not have say attempted?
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: "Shadow's" techniques   "Shadow's" techniques Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 1:38 pm

... ? the rules clearly state one offensive action to a post, but in THIS case saying the shadow was grabed is calling a hit because it would result in damage, you caould say he grabs for the shadow, and give him a chance to react, utherwise he has no way to avoid geting hit, normaly grabing on to something is not calling a hit, but when ther body would be contrulled because of it, it is, am I making any sense? ((also you wright your posts here as if you were the narrorator, not your char, its all in the rules))
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Dustfinger

Dustfinger

PostSubject: Re: "Shadow's" techniques   "Shadow's" techniques Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:25 pm

Ok. So your saying I can "grab" the shadow and do something to it in one post?

((I know you post like the narrarator and not the actual character. It's the same as most rps))
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: "Shadow's" techniques   "Shadow's" techniques Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:27 pm

.... no I said that grabing something dose not count as your action NORMALY but this time, because once your shadow is grabed you cant avoid damage it dose and saying you grab it calls a hit (you would say you reach for it)
Back to top Go down
Dustfinger

Dustfinger

PostSubject: Re: "Shadow's" techniques   "Shadow's" techniques Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:32 pm

I understand that it's one action per turn, but because of the move it's a bit different. Ok. So, I "grab" the shadow one turn and then do something to it one turn? I may be wrong. It's late where I am and I'm not exactly with it right now.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: "Shadow's" techniques   "Shadow's" techniques Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:34 pm

no, no, no, saying that they grabed the shadow would make it so they could do nothing to avooid geting hurt the following turn, that is technically calling a hit and illegal.... any beter now?
Back to top Go down
Dustfinger

Dustfinger

PostSubject: Re: "Shadow's" techniques   "Shadow's" techniques Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:39 pm

Ok. So, grabing the opponents shadow ensures that they take damage from whatever I do to the shadow on the next turn. If I'm still wrong I will look again tomorow and maybe I'll get it. Sorry for being confused about it.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: "Shadow's" techniques   "Shadow's" techniques Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:42 pm

you got it! which is why you cant say you grab on to the shadow because that would be calling a hit
Back to top Go down
Dustfinger

Dustfinger

PostSubject: Re: "Shadow's" techniques   "Shadow's" techniques Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:43 pm

Ok. Finally got it! Thanks for being patient and explaining it to me.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: "Shadow's" techniques   "Shadow's" techniques Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:44 pm

thats what I am here for, and also why I am called "mom" by evryone, Captain corkscrew is called "dad" for similar reasons.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Shadow's" techniques   "Shadow's" techniques Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Shadow's" techniques
Page 1 of 1