One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Done on request, untitled and unfinished... thing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Done on request, untitled and unfinished... thing Empty
PostSubject: Done on request, untitled and unfinished... thing   Done on request, untitled and unfinished... thing Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:11 am

a while back Keymaster asked me to come up with a love story (not something I was use to but I welcome a challenge) involving a recurring character of his, Becky the tomboy so I eventually came up with this nonsense involving a totally mismatched pairing that had not till then even been considered but forgot about it before I could Finnish the story or give it a title, all the same here it is

==========
The town was a glorified truck stop sparsely populated with hotels, restaurants and gas stations, lined on both sides by the ever expansive highway as it drew a harsh line across the landscape’s dry barren hills. The clouds overhead were dense and heavy in shade and so dense that they blocked the setting sun. The moving van tore across the landscape bathed in the hazy heat of the summer’s night. The streetlights were already on, some shined like stars while other flickered against the harsh sky, it would rain soon and everything in nature seemed to welcome it apart from the inhabitants of the van who sped along the cracked and dry highway.

Becky was by no means lady like, her lanky slender form sat legs folded on the seat with her arms and shoulders leaning on the window her shorter brown hair blowing in the humid air. Her flip flops were on the floor of the car and she wore an orange tank top and a pair of blue shorts that weren’t exactly flattering. She looked in to the clouds holding out a hand as it caught a drop of water “yup… rain alright” she sighed as she turned to the driver. “Looks like were going to have to stop off somewhere”

Kitsuke turned to the side tossing his long black hair, he was just a bit older than Becky but seemed years more mature from his voice “well… its not that much of a problem we wouldn’t have made it in one night anyway” he was tall and pale with well defined features and a toned but not noticeably muscular body marked with an occasional slight scar. He wore a brown t-shirt with ripped sleeves and a pair of fitting jeans and his work boots were on tight against his feet. It seemed as dark and serious as he looked not a thing in the world was about to get him down.

Then the rain fell, it was just the gentle pitter patter of heavy drops on the sand but soon and suddenly it built in to the dense deep sort of rain which only the desert could welcome. The moving van’s metal exterior sounded like a tin roof overhead as they came upon the town, it wasn’t much but in this rain it meant shelter.

Becky had her sandals back on and was now less relaxed, she looked out in to the heavy rain and showed signs of fretting, she clearly didn’t like the thought of getting wet, Kitsuke looked over at her knowingly “what’s a matter?” he asked teasingly petting her hair in a friendly manor with his rough but careful hands “a tough girl like you isn’t afraid of getting wet is she?” he teased her knowing full well that she was. Becky leaned away from him a bit “don’t be a dick Kitsuke!” she stammered at him clearly in no mood to be teased at her own regrettable show of weakness. Her expression went back to fretful “we did pack an umbrella didn’t we?” Kitsuke paused a moment “For Arizona? You’re kidding right?” Becky gave a long exasperated groan as the van parked outside a motel.

Of all the times for it to rain in the desert it had to be now. Kitsuke pulled on his overcoat as he stepped outside and felt the rain hit him in a refreshing wave against the hazy heat of the passing dusk. Circling around the van he found that Becky was still inside tentatively opening the door and then closing it again trying to ease in to the storm, it would be getting cold soon. Kitsuke took her hand a bit embarrassed “here” he said tossing his coat over her. Even a tomboy like her looked sort of cute peeking out from under the blanket that was his sopping wet overcoat. Becky adjusted it around her as she took off for the shelter of the motel with a hurried “thanks!”

They couldn’t have dashed inside fast enough and yet they were already both soaked from the rain. Inside the motel was dry but not the safest looking of places, dull dirty and smoke damaged from years of wear as noises emanated from the ceiling and a slight line of rough looking travelers and truckers amassed at the gate. Suddenly the two of them hoped they’d be able to get a room. Becky stayed close to Kitsuke as they took their place in line feeling almost totally out of place.

Slowly the line moved from the doorway to the busy desk behind which sat a wiry old man frantically exchanging keys, cash and names. It was clear that this wasn’t the sort of place most guests stayed for the full night and they could tell from the looks they were getting. At long last the two of them reached the front.

The one eyed clerk’s voice was every bit as dry and weathered as his appearance suggested as he rubbed his pen against his stubble chin snickering to himself “names?” he said to them almost as if they were bothering him. Kitsuke only gave each of their first names “Kitsuke? Yer not from ‘round here are ya?” Becky was always so quick to anger “and what is THAT suppose to mean?!” she busted from under his Jacket causing the old timer to double back a bit. Kitsuke was the only one to keep his cool “lets just say I’m new…” he said exchanging his money for their key and turning away to hear “alright folks that’s it were full!” and a chorus of groans.

Their room was nothing fancy by any means, from left to right it was dresser, lamp, bed, bathroom door all in a nice cubic package that would have made a fine boiler room but was lacking as a place for two people to spend the night. Becky hung up the coat as Kitsuke rummaged around for any sort of towel to dry himself with. Becky was, thanks to Kitsuke’s coat mostly dry and so she slipped off her flip flops and hoped on to the bed with out a second thought feeling the soft cool quilted blanket against her smooth warm skin. “to bad for you Kitsuke I just called the bed!” She teased at him from across the room as he stepped out with a towel around his shoulders mostly dry “that’s aright, I don’t think the floor will bother me to much”

Becky rolled over in the bed looking over at him upside-down “you know its no fun if you’re fine with it” she said duly her vibrant green eyes looking in to his pale blue ones with a sort of strange mixture of mystery and boredom.

Kitsuke smiled knowingly “Does it now? Well are’ya hungry?” Becky nodded rolling over again clutching a pillow on her already messed up bed which had been neatly made only seconds before. “Think I saw a restaurant next door.” she said plainly “but lets not go out in the rain again right away…” she finished siting up a bit still holding on to the pillow.

Kitsuke looked over at her taking a seat on the bed “well what do we do in the mean time? It might rain all night…” Becky inched back on the bed her legs wrapped around the pillow now “well… if you don’t mind me asking… how’s it like now that your out?” Kitsuke paused a moment and smiled saying “well I thought it would be kinda… lonely but I’m really glad you were waiting for me Bec… I mean I… I made peace with myself inside but its nice to know someone still cares…” Becky’s face reddened just a tad “well… of course I waited for you… you were always my friend before… I just um… well I knew you had to get back on your feet after that and I wanted to help you… I was also gonna move anyway so it didn’t really have anything to do with you personally…”

Kitsuke tossed his hair back “well prison didn’t change me quite as much as Id expected… but it means a lot to me that you trust me Becky” She hid behind her pillow so he couldn’t see her blush “well… alright them, lets get some dinner”
==========

thats as far as I got, Open to comments I suppose~ Your welcome Keymaster
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net

Done on request, untitled and unfinished... thing
Page 1 of 1