One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially

Go down 
+2
Kaiser Yonkou
Vagrant Lustoid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vagrant Lustoid

Vagrant Lustoid

The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Empty
PostSubject: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:15 am

Title, Villains and Cinematography

Can't wait. 2012, seems so far away now!

Personally, with this news I am incredibly hopeful for Black Mask, Hush and Hugo Strange as the villains. Selina Kyle but not Catwoman would also be nice, just as little hint of things to come.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Yonkou

Kaiser Yonkou

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:50 am

prior to the Dark Knight, I am also waiting for the movie of the Avengers
Back to top Go down
Vagrant Lustoid

Vagrant Lustoid

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:56 am

Bah, who cares about the Avengers, they dumped Norton as the Hulk. Wait until Thor and Cap-A films are released before even considering the Avengers. Iron Man is the best Marvel franchise. And Nolan Batman eclipses it by far.

So yeah, what do people think? Love/hate the name? Disappointed/overjoyed that Riddler won't be in it? Other thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Yonkou

Kaiser Yonkou

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 9:34 am

It is a bit disappointing in a way that the famous riddle master will not put his schemes into use but I guess they did not put him in the movie so that they can stay to the "action" part.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 1:15 pm

Man, but the Riddler is one of my favourite villains! (Was already overjoyed when Scarecrow appeared). Too bad. But it's still gonna be awesome, I can tell.

About the title... it's kinda meh, but it could have been way, way worse.
Whatever happens, I'm gonna watch that movie.
Back to top Go down
Vagrant Lustoid

Vagrant Lustoid

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:05 pm

I love Riddler, but after Joker he'd seem a little too similar, I suspect. I believe Nolan could pull him off, I just don't think the tone of the movie would suit the Riddler.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:37 am

Nah, I think he could fit in if they changed him a little.
I mean, they had to change Joker to fit in, too, and remember how that turned out.
Well, he's not gonna be in the movie anyway. But who?
Catwoman? The Penguin? Black Mask?
I just don't know. He, at least it's gonna be a surprise this way.
Back to top Go down
Vagrant Lustoid

Vagrant Lustoid

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:57 am

Well, I've made my picks. I can also see Catwoman in there but I really don't want to see her. I'd rather see Talia al Ghul instead.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 4:25 am

yeah, me too.
I never really got to like catwoman until recently, and I still don't really like what some of the comics make of her.
Talia though... Hmmm, I must confess I don't really know much about her. She seems to be an okay character to me, and her father was in the movies already, so it'd be easy to get her into it, right?
Back to top Go down
InTents

InTents

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm

I still haven't seen the most recent batman movie O_O
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 3:33 am

Pf, shame on you, InTents, shame on you.
But seriously, you haven't seen the Dark Knight?
You so definitely should, man. It was epic. Really, really epic.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:22 am

GoreFish wrote:

I'm surprised their even making a number three. I thought they would want to end on a good note rather then make another movie that would not be able to compare to the previous one. Number two was just that good.
Back to top Go down
Newspeak

Newspeak

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:40 am

James D. Cook wrote:
GoreFish wrote:

I'm surprised their even making a number three. I thought they would want to end on a good note rather then make another movie that would not be able to compare to the previous one. Number two was just that good.

You're not factoring in corporate greed. The people who get to make that call are infinitely more concerned with cashing in on what will, inevitably, be a huge box office success regardless of it's relative quality to the last movie than they are with preserving the franchise at it's peak.

Think like a fat old guy with too much money and an ego complex, man. If it sells, damn the consequences.
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/One_Piece_RP/index/
Vagrant Lustoid

Vagrant Lustoid

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 9:22 am

Nolan initially had no plans to make a third. He said he would only come back on board if he could come up with a suitable closure to the story. Which he reports he now has.

And this is Chrisopher Nolan we're talking about. The movie will be fine. As good as The Dark Knight? Hard to say, but you can bet that it will blow most other superhero films out of the water regardless. Having only 1 superhero film be better than it is hardly going out on a bad note.

Also, I always assumed there'd be a third. Batman running off into the darkness, now a villain of Gotham rather than a hero? No way it was ever going to end like that. The whole point of Batman, expressed very clearly in both BB and in TDK, is that he wants Gotham to be free of the crime and the things that push people to such crimes. Him being a villain in the eyes of Gotham is not completing the story arc. I would have been pissed off if there was never a third made, as it would be leaving it very inconclusive and disregarding Wayne's actual purpose for being Batman.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 12:46 pm

Yeah, right.
I always felt it was kind of a cliff hanger thing. There has to be a third one.
And have some trust in Nolan. I mean, sure, Dark Knight is hard to top, but people keep forgetting that Begins was a damn good movie as well.
And really, I don't take Nolan as the guy just there to cash off on the movies. I think he has respect for the Batman franchise, just look at the movies. Now look at some of the other ones, like, oh, I don't know, Batman and Robin, for example. There's a big, big difference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:30 am

If its a Christopher Nolan Batman with a returning cast (which it is) it will be good (which it will be) so I think the only problem is finding who would be the villain. As long as Mr. Freeze, the Riddler, and Bane don't show up I'll be satisfied.
Back to top Go down
Vagrant Lustoid

Vagrant Lustoid

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 2:28 am

Writing from a phone, storm's knocked out service here: Freeze and Riddler confirmed no show. Bane no mention either way. Could expect him if revamp of Knightfall arc. Comic Bane not so bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 2:49 am

I'm not going to start a huge argument about whether or not Bane was a good villain, but I will say that I am not excited by his involvement in any Batman-related endeavor. The villain that probably won't appear, but definately should, is Maxie Zeus.
Back to top Go down
Vagrant Lustoid

Vagrant Lustoid

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 3:02 am

Maxie should never appear in any 'realistic' Batman movie. Too silly and whimsical. Possibles for me: Bane, Black Mask, Calendar Man, Catwoman, Firefly, Hugo Strange, Hush, Penguin, Ventriloquist, Rupert Thorne. And numerous minor villains. Keep it realistic, all I ask.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 4:19 am

I wasn't ever that attached to Maxie Zeus, somehow. But I don't hate him, either.
Well, either way, he's not gonna appear. I can't imagine how he'd fit in.
Hey, Zsasz was only in the first movie, right? Not that it matters, since he's not really gonna make it to mayor villain, especially since he was downgraded to a henchman. So ignore that I ever brought him up, just wanted to say that he's definitely one of my favourite villains... despite only being so minor.

I don't think they said anything about the Penguin not appearing, right? Now that I could imagine: A newcomer appearing in the world of the big crimebosses, and suddenly being a big one himself. Of course, this being Nolan, it's gonna have two villains anyway (like in the first Scarecrow and Ras, and in the second Joker and Two Face...).
But with Penguin, I don't know who'd be the second.
And Firefly? That's kind of a charming idea, actually... Yeah, I can see how he'd fit into that universe.
Back to top Go down
Vagrant Lustoid

Vagrant Lustoid

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 5:21 am

General structure is 1 mob character and 2 freaks, I expect it to follow the same style.

Personally, I'd have Penguin in his more recent role of "occasional arms dealer and permanent owner of Gotham's criminal nightclub" instead of the highly refined schtick of earlier Penguins. Newer Penguin just occasionally runs guns and acts as an informant for both crims and the police/Batman, so he's grudgingly tolerated by both sides.

Firefly I'd just like to see as a mook villain with a flame-retardant suit and a flamethrower. No jetpack plz.

Possible people for the "mob" angle that's always been a part of Nolan's universe are Thorne, Ventriloquist and Black Mask. Black Mask has the strongest resonance with me for a movie villain as I think Nolan's Gotham is becoming more about the freaks than the mobsters, and Black Mask fuses the two together wonderfully.

If Black Mask shows up then Catwoman has an opportunity to show up, as one of the more well known Black Mask stories is how she steals from him and then he uses all his resources to tear her life apart. Could possibly translate well to a movie storyline.

And Hush and Hugo Strange I want just because I'd like to see Bruce Wayne under attack as well as Batman. Pressure on both sides to show just how strong he can be when he needs to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially   The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3 announced officially
Page 1 of 1