One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Logia Fruits: Of interest no doubt (slight spoilers / mod posting only)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

Logia Fruits: Of interest no doubt (slight spoilers / mod posting only) Empty
PostSubject: Logia Fruits: Of interest no doubt (slight spoilers / mod posting only)   Logia Fruits: Of interest no doubt (slight spoilers / mod posting only) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:22 am

When the site first started, we allowed logia users to retain their ability to turn into their elements (See the last few pages). Other than one specific user(we all know and loath his powergaming), this really did not lead to any issues. In the recent manga chapters, we also learned that even fire has its own weakness, even if it is just "better fire". Whether it was Crocodile's inability to turn to sand in the presence of water or the water logia user from one of the movies that could be captured in a jar; they all have a specific weakness. Well, granted we don't know what if anything Smoker is weak against, but I have a proposal.

We have been allowing stronger and stronger devil's fruits, some of which have abilities bordering on auto dodging, yet still seem to be kept in check by the users themselves. With the gradual increase in strength, it seems that the logia fruits are somewhat limited now in comparison, especially to the mythical zoans. As long as the users continue to prove themselves responsible and fair enough role-players, the form changing logias should be allowed as long as each one has AT LEAST ONE WEAKNESS in addition to the basic devil's fruit weakness.

I would like the other mods and Admin-Sama to give their input on this; and whether or not it could work.

(If you are not a Mod / Admin, do not post in this thread.)
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: Logia Fruits: Of interest no doubt (slight spoilers / mod posting only)   Logia Fruits: Of interest no doubt (slight spoilers / mod posting only) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:05 pm

I believe that allowing logia users to turn into their element would not be very useful (other than auto-dodging). However, I see no problem with allowing Logia users to turn into their elements.

This would only make sense, of course, if we made it so that if a user auto dodges too many times, we ban that character for a short time period (or permanently, if it is required).

That is my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Logia Fruits: Of interest no doubt (slight spoilers / mod posting only)   Logia Fruits: Of interest no doubt (slight spoilers / mod posting only) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:15 pm

it just seems that being a major part of the logia fruits, it seems odd to remove the capability entirely. If further regulation is needed, I also suggest that any player can only use one such fruit. Multiples of other logia fruits would be fine, but not those that allow transformations.
Back to top Go down
Redmerv
Admin
Redmerv

PostSubject: Re: Logia Fruits: Of interest no doubt (slight spoilers / mod posting only)   Logia Fruits: Of interest no doubt (slight spoilers / mod posting only) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:49 am

well another limit to transformation can be that there has to be a part of the body wich won't be transformated , and that only 50% of a body can be transformated at a time, this would ease dodging but won't make it auto dodging
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Logia Fruits: Of interest no doubt (slight spoilers / mod posting only)   Logia Fruits: Of interest no doubt (slight spoilers / mod posting only) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:50 pm

Also, no canon character has been able to use their logia power to avoid an attack reflexively. So sneak attacks or attacks to fast to dodge are still efective.
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Logia Fruits: Of interest no doubt (slight spoilers / mod posting only)   Logia Fruits: Of interest no doubt (slight spoilers / mod posting only) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 11:16 pm

Well, sorry if this is spam but I'm not sure what to add. It seems like a very good idea, but I really have no comment.
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Logia Fruits: Of interest no doubt (slight spoilers / mod posting only)   Logia Fruits: Of interest no doubt (slight spoilers / mod posting only) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Logia Fruits: Of interest no doubt (slight spoilers / mod posting only)
Page 1 of 1