One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Devil Fruit Issue...

Go down 
+5
Irrational
Layman Iconoclast
keymaster
Iggy
anna_mage
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
anna_mage

anna_mage

The Devil Fruit Issue... Empty
PostSubject: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:29 am

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while. As we’ve learned from Jyabura and Kaku, a human being cannot consume two Devil Fruits. At least, apparently not two Devil Fruits of the same type.
For the longest time, I have disputed this for a friend of mine. He considers it possible to consume a Devil Fruit of each type so that the person would be given a Zoan fruit power, a Logia fruit power, and a Paramesia fruit power. Where as I believe that would be madness; if Luffy is given any other power more then being able to tie himself into a knot, the crew would suffer irreversible mental damage.

No, seriously speaking, I believe that being able to wield more than one power de-values the rarity and strength of the Devil Fruit (for as weird a power as it may be). Besides, shouldn’t there be an additional consequence? If eating a fruit makes you incapable of swimming, eating two fruits should do something similarly catastrophic to the user.

What are your opinions on the matter?
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:32 am

I've always considered it impossible to consume two Devil Fruits, and survive anyway.

Last edited by Iggy on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:32 am

Interesting case. I can't think of anything more catastrophic, though.
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
anna_mage

anna_mage

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:38 am

I know! It perks me so bad! He keeps on jabbering about how it’s plausible (and how terrifically awesome it’d be if Luffy ever could turn into a monkey), but to this day hasn’t come up with a consequence himself.

Considering the latest turns in the manga, I thought shortened life span. But that still doesn’t seem right.
Hm… I better not tell that to my pal though, he’ll get annoying if he finds out about my suggestion.
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:42 am

I think the limitation for two or more DF's at once would be only usable one at a time.
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:43 am

They're have been many different ideas for how more than one fruit could be safely eaten. The one that my friend won't drop is that there might be a fruit that allows you to eat more devil fruits.

I'm not going to assume anything until I see evidence, and that has yet to happen.

Last edited by Iggy on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:44 am

It'll happen eventually.
Back to top Go down
anna_mage

anna_mage

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:48 am

I will gladly agree to that. If it happens, then I surrender. Until then, I am suspicious and a little disapproving of the idea.
Although, I wonder what sorts of weird powers could be combined. Oda-sama has a stunning imagination after all.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:54 am

seeing as many fruits have secondary and some times tetiary abilities already (like teach) I think that Oda-sama antisipated for having just one ability to lose its luster... but one can have a DF AND a weapon with a DF if one wants
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
anna_mage

anna_mage

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 1:04 am

True… although I still get baffled about the weapons with Devil Fruits. How do you get them to eat those? It’s just illogical! *does not compute*
Then again, most of One Piece lacks common knowledge as it is…
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 1:07 am

oh they dont "eat" them, for example with funkfreed the fruit was mashed up and infused in to the steel while it was being forged... I have 3 characters with DF weapons... a steel bat boomerang, a eaglet sword and a armored bike wolf... not that it has to be zoan but if you give it a non zoan it will need a way to have its ability turned on because it wont have a mind
Back to top Go down
anna_mage

anna_mage

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:09 am

Oooooh! Now I get it! So the power has to be included during the process of molding the weapon? Interesting notion...
I should take a look at the customized weapons topics; I've got myself wandering what sorts of weapons can be created with the powers of a devil fruit.
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:33 am

Not to mention, canonically, consuming two devil fruits will kill someone.
Back to top Go down
anna_mage

anna_mage

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:43 am

Well, at least that is the case for consuming two Zoan fruits. There’s a lot of discussion on the matter if, when Jyabura was panicking about Kaku eating the devil fruit, the panic was only due to the fact that they were two Zoan fruits.
Personally, having two devil fruits is out of question for me. However, there are still a lot of people who think that, so long as they are different types, someone can have two fruits without dying in a horribly painful manner >.>;;
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Admin
Hawk

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:14 pm

i heard that each devil fruit contains a demon in it and when you eat it the devil lives in your body, but if you try to eat a another one the devils will try to kill each other resulting in the users death as well (one piece wiki)
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: The devil fruit issue   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:31 pm

That's what Jyabura said, and it's not true.
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Admin
Hawk

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:39 pm

oh ok
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 1:46 pm

Jyabura theory was based on the fact that DFs have visible auras that allow scientists to tell which one they are
Back to top Go down
anna_mage

anna_mage

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:45 am

Hm... I am officially tempted to scavenge my mangas and find Spandam's explanation for it again. I'll be right back with a link to it (if I'm lucky enough to find it)
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:58 am

yeah that spandam was really only good for that explanation...
Back to top Go down
anna_mage

anna_mage

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:03 pm

Found it! *proud glimmer* Chapter 385, page 3 of the manga; Jyabura gets over excited about the ‘devil within him fighting the devil fruit’. Blueno and Lucci then go on to explain that anyone who eats two devil fruits would die surely.
So, for now, I’m willing to believe that it’s a definite; no two devil fruits in one user…
Thinking about printing that page out and framing it to show it off to my discussion buddy; living proof that (for once) I had a point! >w<

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/385/03/
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 11:00 pm

And you deserve every ounce of pride you feel! I would have given up after looking through a few pages.

I'm willing to consider this solid fact, for now at least. Although, I'm sure at some point, Ericha Oda will get tired of the one fruit law, and find a loop hole to throw a new wave of double devil fruit users through.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 11:04 pm

theres already two loopholes...

Wapol can eat another DF user and use there power (most recent movie proved that) and Mr. 2 can copy a DF user and get there power...
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 11:08 pm

Oh yeah... elephant (Elephant!?!)
Back to top Go down
anna_mage

anna_mage

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 11:40 pm

I’m not so sure about Mr. 2 in that matter. Although he can copy people’s physical appearance perfectly, I don’t think he can inherit their abilities. After all, he did copy Luffy once, but didn’t get his rubber powers. He also copied Chopper and Zoro, but that didn’t mean he could change forms into those that Chopper had and nor did he acquire swordsmanship skills.

Although, by copying Nami, he did get some nice melons XDDDD

…probably completely off topic, but that elephant icon is invoking disturbing images to me. Something about it is just very, very awkward. >.>;;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Devil Fruit Issue...   The Devil Fruit Issue... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Devil Fruit Issue...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next